Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About "ArmenianSurvival"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
ArmenianSurvival2 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ArmenianSurvival2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About "ArmenianSurvival"
    Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 08:06

I was gone for 6 months but now im back. We can resume this discussion... and dont turn it into the other thread about the genocide where you guys just bashed each other with little reliable factual information i might add.

If Turks and Armenians cant get along online then that should say something about both our nations .

Cmon, lets be civil, present factual information, and leave our opinions at home. This thread was going great until my computer crashed and TheDiplomat had no one to discuss the topic with .

I think we set the record for a Turkish-Armenian genocide discussion without flaming,lol. Lets keep it going.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 18:56

I havent seen this discussion, at least I found it.

Beylerbeyi, what are you talking about? Do you really think that Turkey should accept responsibility for some servants' ignorant and purposed action who used Ottoman Government for their greater Ideas? So Armenia should accept their responsibility of Turkish and Azeri Turk genocides. The crimes were committed by Armenians, Kurds and Ottoman government, not Turkey, me or any other Turk. In fact, we were committed such crimes.

I dont care about your Enver, Talat, Cemal or any other servants. The only thing I know about them is they caused the death of tens of more than one 100000 people in the Empire, including all the Turkish soldiers from all over Anatolia, collected from Turkmen villages at the age of 16 and wasted as usual Turkmen human resources by freezing in Sarikamish.

Our government, our citizens, Turkish people nor our next generations cant be blamed with these horrific past. So we will fight for our rights until the last drop of our blood in our mother Anadolu, and we wont sit and talk like coward so called intellectuals at a table in a Greek tavern in stanbul and send ignorant and origin denialist posts to an international community's forum like you. Because we are the ones who own this country, not you...

The Armenian motherland issue: So what do you think dear Armenian members? Turkey should give East Anatolia to Armenians? So please make sure that Russia gives 1/3 of its lands to Turkey, and China gives Eastern Turkestan its independence. Just to remind you: Eastern Anatolia is a  dominantly Turkish and Kurdish populated region.

We had enough from some "teden kaval ttren asilzade" in our history. If you dont have respect to your country and nation, at least respect to those who died bravely for Turkish nation and their lands. Let them sleep in peace in their graves.

Oghuz, I dont know how many Azeris think like you, but I know that it is a shame to own the same nick with you. At least mine have a reason and proof to be used, but yours dont...

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 19:10
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

The Armenian motherland issue: So what do you think dear Armenian members? Turkey should give East Anatolia to Armenians? So please make sure that Russia gives 1/3 of its lands to Turkey,

Wait a second, since when did TUrkey have 1/3 of Russia? Are you talkingabout the lands it hand during the Ottoman Empire?? Oh wait, didn't you say that Turkey as a nation can't be responcible for the Ottoman GOvernment, yet you are claiming lands from it? Whats is this all about??

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 19:11

Armenia asks Turkey to allow flights between Antalya, Yerevan

Source:The New Anatolian

The New Anatolian / Ankara     4-7-05

Amid increasing tension between Turkey and Armenia due to continued efforts by Armenians to urge world recognition of the so-called Armenian genocide claims, Armenia yesterday asked Ankara to allow flights between Antalya and the capital Yerevan.

Private Armenian airline Armavia currently has flights between Yerevan and Istanbul twice a week, and asked permission to add a Yerevan-Antalya route.

Antalya is the nearest vacation destination for Armenians, and those who choose to come to Turkey on holiday can stay in Turkey for up to one month by paying only $10 at the point of entry to the country. The number of visiting Armenians is now 20,000 during the winter, reaching 50,000 during the summer.

Foreign Ministry examines request

The Foreign Ministry is considering the Armenian request to begin flights between Antalya and Yerevan. If approved, the flights will begin this year.

Turkey also permits Armenian planes to use Turkish airspace.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 19:18
Originally posted by strategos

The Armenian motherland issue: So what do you think dear Armenian members? Turkey should give East Anatolia to Armenians? So please make sure that Russia gives 1/3 of its lands to Turkey,

Wait a second, since when did TUrkey have 1/3 of Russia? Are you talkingabout the lands it hand during the Ottoman Empire?? Oh wait, didn't you say that Turkey as a nation can't be responcible for the Ottoman GOvernment, yet you are claiming lands from it? Whats is this all about??

I deleted my post.

Edited by Oguzoglu
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 19:25

When were these lands part of Turkey? They were never lost, and you do not even share a common language with these peoples.

Funny how you have to come out and attack me personally because of your many flawed postings

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 20:35

Man, you arent that stupid, just let your mind work like a regular human being, that will be enough for you to realize all of the eastern and central parts of Russia are occupied by Turkic, Mongolian and Tunguz population and originated. So maybe after some deep research and education therapies you have the possibility to realize most these lands have nothing to do with Ottoman Empire.

Ok forget about those who live in Russia. Let's take the Tajiks as an example. Would they ever be willing to unite with the other Turkic Central Asian countries? I guess not... so why would they want to unite with Turkey?

Seko what does that article have to do with the whole thing? Why don't you mention the fact that the Turkish government is going to trade the Incirlik base for the annulation of the genocide bill (in the US). If Turkey is so sure the Genocide didn't happen, why does it need to do this?

US's Incirlik in Turkey is preparing for new era

Evren Deer
The New Anatolian / ANKARA

Govt has yet give its official response to the US request to use Incirlik as a logistic base for operations against Afghanistan and Iraq but preparation for the airbase's new era are already underway
Turkey has yet to convey its official response for the request of its close ally, the U.S., to use Incirlik Airbase for logistical purposes during its operations against Afghanistan and Iraq, but preparations for the airbase's new era are already in progress.

Sources told The New Anatolian that although the General Staff office has some reservations, it has submitted a positive response to the government.

It's known that in the

wake of a series of talks, the government adopted the idea of allowing the U.S. to use Incirlik as a logistical base. But this view has yet to be officially voiced.
Despite all, the U.S. has already started preparations for Incirlik's new future.

Maintenance of the main runway, ruined due to the base's heavy schedule, is to be carried out between April 29 and May 13.

Meanwhile, the barracks, built instead of a tent city, is also undergoing maintenance. In addition to all this, an aircraft hangar is being kept on alert for a possible troop transfer. The hangar can hold around 1,000 soldiers. There's also international call and Internet access from the hangar.

Debate is on

The government is reportedly waiting for April 24 to make its final decision on the Incirlik Airbase. Although this was denied by the government sources, it's been claimed that the government is holding this card against the possibility official recognition of the so-called Armenian genocide.

On the other side of the coin, uncertainty about the details continues.

It's claimed that government will allow the U.S. to use Incirlik as a logistical base through a secret resolution dated June 23, 2003, while others insist that the Defense and Economic Cooperation Agreement, dated 1980, allows the government to give permission to the United States.

Legal experts had been saying that the agreement was signed as part of a NATO agreement and does not allow the government to let foreign troops on Turkish soil.

Ammunition depot

If the government allows Incirlik to be used as a logistical base, the Adana Airbase will turn into a ammunition depot.

In addition to food, supplies, etc. there would be various kinds of ammunition in the base. Bombs, tank shells, and different kinds of rockets would be brought to Incirlik for their transfer to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 21:49

The politics between our countries is just that politics. It goes many ways mind you. Armenians are trying their best to also politicise their goals and achieve something that is intensely debated. I care not to go into detail regarding a history that has politics written all over it. Not that I would be lacking the resources, but I would rather focus on a way towards encouraging information that is less charged. One that contains less emotionally involved rhetoric and oneupmanship. I already embarked on an intense Cyprus debate. A few historical views were exchanged and different truths came to light. That is a good thing. The taxing thing is that many individuals care to personally demean the other. I am not innocent either of striking a cord with my opponents.

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ArmenianSurvival2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 22:02

Man, you arent that stupid, just let your mind work like a regular human being, that will be enough for you to realize all of the eastern and central parts of Russia are occupied by Turkic, Mongolian and Tunguz population and originated. So maybe after some deep research and education therapies you have the possibility to realize most these lands have nothing to do with Ottoman Empire.

No need to go nuts man, calm down...

Responding to your info, the whole point of the genocide recognition is the idea that there were approximately 2 million Armenians in eastern Anatolia that were forcefully removed from their homes, thus making Armenians pretty much extinct in the region. Not just able-bodied men, but women and children. What fault is it of a woman and child to be forced to relocate for military purposes...they pose no threat. Thats the whole point of the genocide argument, that hundreds of thousands of Armenians were murdered and removed from their homes, thus making them extinct in the region. Whether you choose to believe the genocide happened is entirely up to you, but anyone can look at a map of population density from pre-1914 to post 1914 to see what happened in the region.  

Saki View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Saki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 22:36

There are some very disturbing vituperations from some of our Turkish colleagues. Turkey suffers the Post Colonial Hangover of a Great Empire swiftly truncated. from Leadership of the Near East Militarily, Culturally  and Religiously to Nation state in 100 years is a trauma indeed.

Now caught in a hinterland Neither European but Cut Adrift from its Islamic Influence and Heritage it is not surprising so much turmoil has arisen in recent history.

What Armenians and Greeks want however is recognition for their suffering. The Greeks were driven off Mainland 'Turkey', the Armenians wiped out. It is not unreasonable for their descendents to demand recognition of these wrongs.

The Ottoman Empire was a Glorious Empire in its heyday. Modern Day Turkey leads the way for all Islamic Countries to grapple with the issues of the Modern Secular World, and has patiently with a serious mind embarked on the process of Democratisation.

These are things to be proud of. Like all nations there are Darker sides. Japan has a Dark side in China, the US in Latin America, France in Algeria, Britain in India. Germany in WW2, Turkeys lie in Eastern Anatolia.

Lets build a better and brighter more humane future which our Grandfathers did not in their lifetime have the fortune to savour. Let us all own up to our sins and repent our forefathers crimes since they are no longer able to speak without compromising their dignity.  

Knowledge is power, and power is the knowledge of when not to use it.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 22:52

To find healing for past ancesteral suffering sounds like a good idea. Asking those who did not commit suffering upon another is not a good idea. I do not believe for a minute that the majority of Turks care to discredit their country (Republic of Turkey) for the sake of recollecting the "greatness of the Ottoman empire".  Every ethnic group from the old Ottoman empire has a claim towards seeking attention for old wounds if they so desire. They also have a claim to heal such wounds if they have not been healed already. The wound currently is not a physical one, but its a psychological trauma that gets relived every time someone experiences harm from thinking about it. The healing comes from within. Healing also becomes fostered by brotherly regards for eachother. Otherwise the blame-game is continuous and the wound festers. Then no healing is produced (unless one's intentions are to seek pleasure at anothers misery). So, the challenge is to grow in a healthy fashion and not politicise a past that has detrimental ramifications for the future.  

Cutting adrift sounds like having no where to go. Believe me. People live for the moment and plan for the future. During idle time we also dream about the past. For some it is a fascination, for others its an obsession. So it seems as though every moment we share is purposefully driven.

Edited by Seko
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 22:53
Bravo Saki!
Saki View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Saki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 23:05

Thats true to an extent but you cannot ride roughsod over other peoples feelings then dismiss it as the product of intentions to cause misery. This is ridiculous.

Nations do have to apologise for their Ancestors misdeeds. The reasons are mainly because those same Generations have to live with the results of these historical injustices in the present.

What you do, 7 generations will feel the effects of your actions is an expression i heard in Bosnia 10 years ago.

British have had to apologise and be made to feel bad for their Colonial Misdeeds, so too the Germans.. Turks are no exception, especially if you have pretensions to EU accession, then you are expected to take very seriously these issues of Human rights. They must be enshrined in the hearts and minds of evert Turk right from school age to the day of death.

I am afraid to say, that the Armenian question will not go away. It is a fundamental issue as regards to whether you really mean to embrace European values wholeheartedly or not. It is about a Cultural sea change.

Of course you will rightly say that Europeans are stinking hypocrites and do not practice what they preach. However I say this.

There is a Culture here of merciless self Criticism. The War in Iraq was immoral. The Government has been very bitterly criticised ever since. There is no emotional rush to defend Britains behaviour by British people. We see it as it is. Wrong. This is the expression of values for Human rights that i am describing.

If the Government commits an injustice, people do not acquiesce.

War is wrong. Genocide is wrong- regardless of the historical factors.

Knowledge is power, and power is the knowledge of when not to use it.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 23:11

Then all I can say is show both sides of the genocide claim and let yourself and others dispute it. And lets not ignore the Turks claim to being victims of "genocides" from others either. Do you even know what I am talking about?

As far as nations reflecting on their agendas in the Iraq war, that is a good method of self-critcism. Many besides the British citizens share this form of moral questioning. 

Edited by Seko
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 01:44
Man, you arent that stupid, just let your mind work like a regular human being,

Let's keep the tone down a bit.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 02:32
Originally posted by strategos

When were these lands part of Turkey? They were never lost, and you do not even share a common language with these peoples.

Funny how you have to come out and attack me personally because of your many flawed postings

I didnt attack you personally, but if you think you are insulted from my post, I will delete it for not being a problem causer.

But why do you keep on not trying to understand it? I mean, you also know that I didnt mean these lands were under the rule of Turkey at any time, but these lands home to a majority of Turkic population, also Mongolic and Tunguz populations.

And also I dont think Greece hasnt owned Cyprus in ints national borders in history, but there is a major Greek population. I wish you get my point...

Edited by Oguzoglu
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 02:36

Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

Man, you arent that stupid, just let your mind work like a regular human being,

Let's keep the tone down a bit.

Sorry, you are totally right. I dont want to be a problem and cause stupid insults. But I want you to now that my point wasnt to insult any members. For not to let any possibility of me being wrongly understood and placed in the "attacker" position, I will delete my post. I think I cant calm down sometimes...

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 18:16
You were not precise with your post. You said (1/3 of Russia) The Ottoman Empire did have parts of the Creama(spelling?) for a time, and that was the land I was talking about. If you were specifically talking about the further eastern part of Russia, then youi could of said that. I am not not trying to understand, I am trying to understand, and that is what questions are for.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ArmenianSurvival2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 21:29

Originally posted by Seko

To find healing for past ancesteral suffering sounds like a good idea. Asking those who did not commit suffering upon another is not a good idea. I do not believe for a minute that the majority of Turks care to discredit their country (Republic of Turkey) for the sake of recollecting the "greatness of the Ottoman empire".  Every ethnic group from the old Ottoman empire has a claim towards seeking attention for old wounds if they so desire. They also have a claim to heal such wounds if they have not been healed already. The wound currently is not a physical one, but its a psychological trauma that gets relived every time someone experiences harm from thinking about it. The healing comes from within. Healing also becomes fostered by brotherly regards for eachother. Otherwise the blame-game is continuous and the wound festers. Then no healing is produced (unless one's intentions are to seek pleasure at anothers misery). So, the challenge is to grow in a healthy fashion and not politicise a past that has detrimental ramifications for the future.  

Cutting adrift sounds like having no where to go. Believe me. People live for the moment and plan for the future. During idle time we also dream about the past. For some it is a fascination, for others its an obsession. So it seems as though every moment we share is purposefully driven.

You have some good points. But what i dont understand is, Turks take pride in all the great things the Ottoman Empire achieved. And rightfully so, it was a unique empire. But when the subject of the genocide comes up, many of them choose to detach themselves from that same history and say that present-day Turkey had nothing to do with it. You cant have a double standard, one standard will do just fine. You must take the good with the bad. Modern-day Turks are not to blame for the genocide, and by this logic shouldnt have to pay reparations for what their grand-parents did. But what about their neighboring nation, more than half of which were displaced and remain so to this very day. Does their suffering end in vain? Does everything change simply because 90 years have passed? Many people would like to think so. Imagine if there were no Nuremberg trials and Germany denied the Holocaust, and 90 years had passed. Its the same thing, except we didnt get any Nuremberg trials. The Holocaust, like the genocide, was an event in which everyone around the world at the time knew it was happening. Ive read countless newspaper articles from 1915-1923 from the U.S., France, Britain, many other nations. Debate all you want about forced relocation due to military necessity, but how can you ignore the countless women and children lost in this tragic event? Maybe im stupid and dont understand, maybe women and children back then took up arms and participated in revolts. Maybe im missing something, when tens of thousands of soldiers in the Ottoman army were Armenian, how we managed to plot and execute a genocide against the Turks or Kurds, when we didnt even have a centralized government to begin with. And there is a connection between the Ottoman government and present-day Turkish government. The last ruling regime in the Ottoman Empire was the Young Turk party. By my standards thats a good enough connection. Every Empire had to have at least one regime which was perceived as "evil" by at least one other nation, or else they wouldnt have lasted as an empire to begin with.

Before Hitler invaded Poland he convinced his officers of the Holocaust plan by saying these very words: "Who remembers now the annihilation of the Armenians?" He obviously knows something of major magnitude happened in Eastern Anatolia. Whether people choose to call it genocide or not is up to them, genocide is only a word, what happened still remains. You can either choose to believe it or not.

Modern-day Turks, the average Turk, is not being accused of these crimes. It is only the government. Many people dont understand that. It is not a personal attack on their ethnicity or culture. We simply want recognition of what took place, along with the appropriate reparations, whatever they may be. There are stories of Turkish citizens risking their own well-being by hiding away Armenian children so they wouldnt be massacred. We are not accusing every Turk. Just the government. So theres no need to have this genocide discussion be a personal one.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 21:59

You also raise many good points. I agree that there should be a universal court that would take in facts from all sides with regards to an "Armenian Genocide". Maybe all records should be admitted from any country that has documentation on the subject. Eyewitness testimonies could also be weighed and cross examined.

The claim of Genocide is a grave charge. This matter needs serious study. As far as exile and refugees. That is a historical fact. Many Armenians suffered at the displacement of their families. Most were transported to the southern zones of the Ottoman empire. Now the causes and reasons for such displacement is debatable. On another note, the Armenians did have populations in both the Ottoman and Russian Empires. 

The Ottoman Empire not only defended itself against its neighbors, but against Turks also. In the last days of the empire, while under allied occupation, the Ottoman government tried to arrest Mustafa Kemal and the Nationalists. Had they been succesfull then there would not be a Republic of Turkey (at least in the current form anyway). In that same time the British, French, Italian, Armenian, and Greek governments tried to impose their will on the Ottoman government, especially as benfactors of the Sevres Treaty. The allied forces parcelled out territories from Ottoman Anatolia. While this was going on the Nationalists under Gazi Mustafa Kemal formed a government of their own. They gathered any able bodied persons that were willing to join their cause. They formed armies to defend their homeland. Eventually creating modern day Turkey. That is why I do not see any link what-so-ever with what the Ottoman Empire is charged with and what current dispora want from Turkey.

Lastly, if we are to bring justice to the Armenian questions then we should also hold the same scrutiny for those whom imposed harsh living conditions on the Turks. The allied armies evidently created an influx of Turkish refugees into Anatolia. Armenians are also accused of acts of terrorism and ethnic cleansing upon the Turks (especially at the instigation of the Hunchak and Dashnak parties). I also would not use Hitler's quote since it was proven as a forgery. If a verdict ever does come out regarding this important issue and if the Ottomans are found innocent of genocide, would not all accussers be guilty of slander? Since Turks are being accussed would the Turks not have a right for apologies? 

Edited by Seko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456