Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Religion of Kurds?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion of Kurds?
    Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 07:05
www.aleviforum.com this is a Turkish Alevi website. Many of Alevi members Kurd or Zaza(How do i know? because they write Kurdish or Zazaic), and even there are some Arabic Alevis. 
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 08:00
Good website, Erkut.

From that website:

Question:

Trkiye Alevileri Tuncelililerden mi ibaret? Atatrk konusunda hep 1937 Dersim ne srlyor. Orta ve Batı Anadoludaki Aleviler, Kars-Ardahan Aleviler sayı olarak Dersim Alevilerinden az mı?

Answer:

Tunceli-Sivas(doğu ileler)-Erzincan-Malatya(kuzey) en yoğun
yerler..Yerleşim olarak yoğun yerler
Diğer blgelerde yerleşimler arasında mesafe var..
Orta anadoluda ankırı 1 ile(şaban z)
orum dağınık şekilde ...
Tokat dağınık şekilde

This is also what I was thinking.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2013 at 11:30
Many Kurds believe Islam in Shafi way(a branch in Sunni Islam)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shafi%27i#Demographics

As you see, Dark Blue in East Turkey, West Iran and North Iraq

but yes some of them Alevi and Yazidi and some small communities are Jew and Christian
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
mojobadshah View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2013 at 13:19
Originally posted by selah

Originally posted by Bulldog

There is a huge difference between the two, Alawi were historically known as Nusayris, they believe in a trinity were Imam Ali is worshipped like a deity, it has some old pre-Islamic beliefs from the region theyre mostly from. Most Alawi are from the Levant, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine/Israel, there is a small community of a couple thousand in Turkey and they're sometimes mistaken as Alevi.

There are lots of sects are commongly all lumped together as "Alevi" and this is a major cause for the confusion people have over Alevi's.

Alevi basically is the continuation of Central Asian Turkic interpretations of Islam, its based upon Sufi mysticsm and doesnt reject pre-Islamic culture which may have some Shamanistic influences, Haci Bektash who was a pupil of Yesevi AlpEren schools spread it to Anatolia and the Balkans which was very sucessfull. 

You are almost right. I am Turk and our religion is Islam.Our sect is Alevi. In Alevi sect there is 'Dedelik' like imam but Dedelik pass by 'blood' like the old Turkish beleive KUT. You know you cannot be Jew but of course you can live like Jews you can call yourself Jew. Alevi Kurds or Araps are the same.

The other point that I want to explain we have to study on Zaza people  well. Because in some old Turkish written sources you can easily reach that the Zaza people is the clan of Turks. ( Zaza-mon Zazas)

AlpEren means that the wizard and warrior . Like Dede Korkut. After Islam it'meaning came to the Imam and warrior.

From what I understand the Zaza Kurds are descendants of Zoroastrians, and according to "Zarathushtra and Zoroastrianism" the Kurds define themselves as Zoroastrians.   
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2013 at 15:30
Originally posted by mojobadshah

From what I understand the Zaza Kurds are descendants of Zoroastrians, and according to "Zarathushtra and Zoroastrianism" the Kurds define themselves as Zoroastrians.   

Yazidism is similar with Zoroastrians, but not same. Maybe, ,it is preislamic religion of Kurds. Yazidism secret place are in North Iraq.

However Zaza are mostly Alevi, not Yazidi and Zazas and Yazidis live in different regions 
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2013 at 03:12
ok in just few words can  any one tell me what is the differences between hanafi and naqshbandi ?

and yes we turkmens are sunni hanafi but we use tengiri  in namaz not allah so i think it's make little differences

Edited by yomud - 07-Nov-2013 at 03:15
yomud are free people
mojobadshah View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2013 at 13:09
Originally posted by Ollios

Originally posted by mojobadshah

Yazidism is similar with Zoroastrians, but not same. Maybe, ,it is preislamic religion of Kurds. Yazidism secret place are in North Iraq.

However Zaza are mostly Alevi, not Yazidi and Zazas and Yazidis live in different regions 

I think the point that "Zarathushtra and Zoroastrianism" is that many Irano-Afghans understand that their religious heritage goes back to Zoroastrianism, and apparently some Irano-Afghan nations as a whole especially the Kurds and Tajiks ultimately identify with Zoroastrianism.  I think this would be true as long as you were talking to educated Irano-Afghans.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12