Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChechnya is necessarry and justified

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chechnya is necessarry and justified
    Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 19:48
Tru dat.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 19:56
 Genghis looks like the only person here capable of doing what you all have been telling me to do, see what it's liek for the others side. We saved Europe countless time s(both alone and with extensive help). Be grateful enough to let us solve our problems in peace.
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 20:25
Bah, the past means nothing for the future. AMerica rebuilt Europe, and saved them twice. Now, they question the U.S. and do not help them in war.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 20:53
 America saving Europe is a matter for anotehr debate. They did help out a lot in WW1 (althought he allies would have won anyway, but after millions more dead) and they saved Asia in WW2.
EDIT: You did save half of UErope in the COld War

Edited by dark_one
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 23:22
I totally disagree that America saved Europe, I think Russia did a hell of a lot more in WWII then America, and I dont really consider America in any way a saviour of Europe. And why is it that the strongest military force,(America) needs other nations help to win a war against Iraqi's? which is pretty damn inferior in anways against America, except maybe in culture or traditions.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 01:02

Originally posted by Genghis

Don't treat Dark One like a nazi because he wants to keep his country united.  It's easy for you all to say that when the integrity of your own nations are not threatened, but the stability of Dark One's homeland is in serious jeopardy. 

I have to agree, I think some peoples opinions here would be VERY different if it was happeneing in their country and not Russia

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 14:21

I totally disagree that America saved Europe, I think Russia did a hell of a lot more in WWII then America, and I dont really consider America in any way a saviour of Europe. And why is it that the strongest military force,(America) needs other nations help to win a war against Iraqi's? which is pretty damn inferior in anways against America, except maybe in culture or traditions.

Americans have brought a Chechnya upont hemselves. iraq is like Cechnya except without a border witht he country trying to keep it. And it was never American.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 16:29

"I have to agree, I think some peoples opinions here would be VERY different if it was happeneing in their country and not Russia"

Yes a national threat to Russia, what will be your next anecdote, an educated George W. Bush in the White House! Puny excuses is what i say they are. It wasn't a national threat  15 years ago when entire borderlands of the Soviet Union broke off and now this piece of land creates a catastrophy for Russia, laughable.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 16:42
(had a logner answer but computer reset so I will sum it up)
When an event (the secession of Chechnya) will set a whole country into turmoil, it is usually considered somewaht of a threat, Also when our republics seceded it caused the collapse of the soviet union so there was indeed a threat there.
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2005 at 21:46
Originally posted by Sarmata

And why is it that the strongest military force,(America) needs other nations help to win a war against Iraqi's? which is pretty damn inferior in anways against America, except maybe in culture or traditions.

they didn't need help winning the war, they needed help keeping the peace.  there were relatively few casualties in the "combat stage", a stage that America could have handled by itself rather easily (not to take away from the help that other country's soldiers provided here).  however, so many troops are needed to maintain order and peace
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2005 at 22:00

I don't want to play semantics, but America doesn't need anyone's help in Iraq, we just want it because it's useful

Member of IAEA
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2005 at 22:27
 That's right. America doesn't need anyone in Iraq, but help would be welcome.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2005 at 20:22

look, Chechen humanity is back in action!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4234565.stm

-Alexander Hamilton
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 14:49
Originally posted by Tobodai

look, Chechen humanity is back in action!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4234565.stm

I would like to make the distiction between these terrorist and the whole people are the entire population of iraq terroist becuase a few are?

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 14:59

no, but in Chechnya the mjority of the people are angry and ignorant, thus they suypport these idiots and will likely make a little mini-Taleban if they have the chance.  Whats more importnat to you I ask all of you, an individuals right to not wear a burqa and believe what they want or the right of a small ethnicity to make its own state and take all those liberties away?

Iraq is a differnet story, there were no terroritst in Iraq before America removed the stablizing power of a secular dictator.  Totally different and not applicable here.

-Alexander Hamilton
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 15:14

no, but in Chechnya the mjority of the people are angry and ignorant, thus they suypport these idiots and will likely make a little mini-Taleban if they have the chance.  Whats more importnat to you I ask all of you, an individuals right to not wear a burqa and believe what they want or the right of a small ethnicity to make its own state and take all those liberties away?

Iraq is a differnet story, there were no terroritst in Iraq before America removed the stablizing power of a secular dictator.  Totally different and not applicable here.

So small ethnicitys dont have the rigth to have nations?

dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 15:52
 They do, but Chechnya would become the kind of nation to plunge into backwardness and terrorism and would eventually ahve to be invaded like Afghanisan. To not release it in the first place would be a better way.
Polish-UkrainianCanadian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 19:19
Sarmata is right America isn't the best. I'd say Britain saved Europe along with Russia, and Poland in the 19th century. Germany destroyed Europe in WW2 and WW1.
'doter ton craindre grandeur'
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 19:52
Originally posted by Abakan

So small ethnicitys dont have the rigth to have nations?

anyone has the right to have a nation if they can fight for it and keep it, but it wont be good for the world if everyone gets their way, especially the Chechens.

-Alexander Hamilton
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 12:00
Well in my opinion, the Russians have themselves created this Taleban on themselves. The Chechens, even while living at peace are a warlike nation, but when being provoked and conquered, you made them into your worse nightmare and are now at a deadlock... so anyway, free Chechnya! No nation becomes loony without provocation, remember that my Russian friends.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>