Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Albanian Slavics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Albanian Slavics
    Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 11:33
Are there  living  any people who were Slavic before 650-700 years ago but now they call them selves Albanian and they dont know that they are Slavic origin.Who are living in Kosovo and Macedonia.Becouse Albanian of this countries have biological similarities with slavic.In Albania there arnt so much people who have similarites with Slavics.If any body knows somethings ore have some documents for this ,can he or she post there?.It will be English or Albanian or Turkish.Respects
Jonny Starcraft View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonny Starcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 11:49
Albanian girls are niceThumbs%20Up so Albanians are 100% Slavs. Believe me, I live close to the German border and I cross it few times.  German girls have "specific kind of beauty", not all, but most.
Kaczyński is the biggest LOSER. HiS handicapped clone too!
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 19:48
I do not think so .
Albanians are descends of pre-Hellenic tribes , Illyrians .

No Slav is Albanian : )
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 19:05

Croatians Bosnians Serbs among some others have Illyrian blood as well according to genetic studies.

Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 21:45
Actually the illyrians were a minor category of the Dorians. Surely  there was a culture mixing with the slavic people , especially in the northern region ( above Durres) but the modern albanian live in a state wich was an "Vatican invention''...Unfortunatelly they have created their own "alternative history" 80 years now , the nationalism is on high levels(as normal in balkan countries) and is very hard to convience some Albanian to learn and the other side of history- for God sake i'm not refering to the majority of them !- the certain thing is that our friends "created "their own national DNA the last century and we have to respect their national feelings. 

Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 19:38

Athanasios ;
IS that the reason why Albanian Muslims cry for " Genocide of Chameria " , a product of nationalism ?

I know that the nationalism has converted into an extremist point . I love my Albanian brothers , but what they said are said , their thoughts about Turks are so straightforward . It requires a little courage to discuss the Albanian - Turkish period with an Albanian .

They could kill you just because of your courageous attempt  LOL

Edited by Mordoth - 04-Mar-2007 at 19:39
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 15:08
Actually the illyrians were a minor category of the Dorians.

Are you aware of the total number and of the vaste lands of the illyrians? Do you know that Illyria was at least five times bigger than Greece in terms of man and territory. How can you claim that illyrians were a minor categoru to dorians? What do you mean by that? Got any real data, o master of the historical truth?

Surely  there was a culture mixing with the slavic people , especially in the northern region ( above Durres)

Thats for sure, I agree. The slavs mixed with the albanians, as well as with the greeks. But both the nations did preserve their ethnic culture (did not slavicise)

but the modern albanian live in a state wich was an "Vatican invention''...

Ooops, sorry for takin you seriously

Unfortunatelly they have created their own "alternative history" 80 years now

Actually albanian nationalism started being created during the albanian ressurrection, in the first half of the XIX century. If I am not wrong, same happened in greece, but probably 50 years earlier. Dude, you wont be thinking that greeks always felt themselves "ellinaras" throughout millenia.

the nationalism is on high levels(as normal in balkan countries) and is very hard to convience some Albanian to learn and the other side of history- for God sake i'm not refering to the majority of them !- the certain thing is that our friends "created "their own national DNA the last century and we have to respect their national feelings.

I could say the same thing for greeks...OMG we are so similar. But we (me and you) have some difference, I didnt wrote those words, you did
Prej heshtjes...!
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2007 at 20:14
This subject (ethnic identity of modern Albanians) has been addressed before on this Forum. Inadvertedly the debate will shift to an Albanian vs. Greek confrontation regarding the former's relation to ancient Illyrians.
The mainstream scholars accept that Illyrians and Dacians retreated into the mountains upon the Slavic incursions to reemerge in the 11th century as Vlachs and Albanians. Personally I have no reason (other my own slightly nationalistic ones) to deny this version of history.
However, in recent years Yugoslav archaeology has confirmed that there isn't a uniform "Illyrian" identity but a number of different cultures loosely united under the authority of the Illyrian kings. The tribe Dalmatae for example, though classed as Illyrian based on linguistic evidence, defected very shortly from the main Illyrian kingdom as soon as the latter run into trouble and King Gentis or Gentius could not enforce his authority. The great debate of today is about whether the proven cultural variation in today's Bosnia, Serbia, Dalmatian Coast, Croatia, and Albania should also be classified as to correspond to ethnic variation as well. The biggest stumbling block is the complete lack of any sources that testify to the ancient Illyrian language. Without this conclusive linguistic evidence most of our discussions will remain SPECULATIVE.
So, Arber Z you are speculating about the identity of modern Albanians. Unless you have conclusive evidence to the opposite besides geographic identification (the fact that modern Albanians live today in part of what used to be Illyria). This in itself is not sufficient to prove the "Illyrianism" of Albanians but, of course, doen't counter it either. So at the moment we're kind of stuck in the middle.

" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 13:29
The mainstream scholars accept that Illyrians and Dacians retreated into the mountains upon the Slavic incursions to reemerge in the 11th century as Vlachs and Albanians.

Which "mainstream" scholars? Why this would be the Main Stream?Arent you abusing a little?

However, in recent years Yugoslav archaeology has confirmed that there isn't a uniform "Illyrian" identity but a number of different cultures loosely united under the authority of the Illyrian kings.

What would that mean? The ancient greeks, were they united? Of course, in such a big territory, and with all the several tribes aiming to build military alliances, there would be differences in culture. But surely, those called illyrians (Illyrii Proprie Dicti) were of the same stock. And they lived in the southernmost part of illyria, southwards modern bosnia lets say.

The tribe Dalmatae for example, though classed as Illyrian based on linguistic evidence, defected very shortly from the main Illyrian kingdom as soon as the latter run into trouble and King Gentis or Gentius could not enforce his authority. The great debate of today is about whether the proven cultural variation in today's Bosnia, Serbia, Dalmatian Coast, Croatia, and Albania should also be classified as to correspond to ethnic variation as well. The biggest stumbling block is the complete lack of any sources that testify to the ancient Illyrian language. Without this conclusive linguistic evidence most of our discussions will remain SPECULATIVE.

Hey, re-read what you wrote. You are being a little controversial. Linguistic evidence to classify Dalmatian Illyrians? Which linguistic evidence?
As regarding to illyrian, there are words inherited from that language. But yes, they are few, not enough to prove it all. There exist also a common pre-latin vocabulary in Romanian and Albanian. And again, linguistic is not sufficient in this case, archaeology says more. There are no proofs of cultural interruption in archaeological finds in albanian territory.

So, Arber Z you are speculating about the identity of modern Albanians.

Read my previous post, and tell me please where did I speculate?I wasnt even arguing about any possible relation between Illyrians and Albanians.

Unless you have conclusive evidence to the opposite besides geographic identification (the fact that modern Albanians live today in part of what used to be Illyria). This in itself is not sufficient to prove the "Illyrianism" of Albanians but, of course, doen't counter it either. So at the moment we're kind of stuck in the middle. 

History is not an exact science, dear Constantine
Take care!
Prej heshtjes...!
 Post Reply Post Reply