Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The mysterious jewish queen of Ethiopia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Malik View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Malik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The mysterious jewish queen of Ethiopia
    Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 09:27
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Pinguin, I like you but once in a while you have no idea what you're talking about.

Ethiopia part of the Middle East is highly debatable. Agreed it is a fairly special African country, but so are Mauritania, Somalia, Mali, Niger and Chad. I've been told there is a tradition in Northern Ethiopia saying that when God baked the first man he overcooked it and it gave the black man; second try, second miss, but not cooked enough this time, it gave the white man. The third try was to be the good one, it gave the Abyssinian... So you are deciding to see the glass half empty while it is at least three fifth full.
Moreover, even if some Northern Ethiopian have a very fair skin, most of them are clearly black see for instance people from Ogaden.

For the division of Africa and America subs: although I agree with you there is something a bit unfair in the fact that Asia has 5 subs of its own, you must admit that much less people are around (you yourself write about a third of the posts in this sub). If you need a historical excuse for that you can assimilate in a violent move both African and American societies in a "low organic economies" package.

Whats funny...is that hes the only member on this board who does that LOL

Edited by Malik - 07-Mar-2007 at 09:27
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 10:31
Originally posted by Maharbbal

For the division of Africa and America subs: although I agree with you there is something a bit unfair in the fact that Asia has 5 subs of its own, you must admit that much less people are around (you yourself write about a third of the posts in this sub). If you need a historical excuse for that you can assimilate in a violent move both African and American societies in a "low organic economies" package.

I don't think is fair to mix cultures that has nothing in common, and compare Ethiopia with the Incas LOL.

And yes, there is very few people that talk about the Amerindian societies, even when living in the United States, but if you don't start spreading the news about these matters, people will never start to get informed. And with respect to Ethiopia, my point is that that civilization has nothing "exotic" about it, and it should be put in the "ancient civilizations" list somewhere else, and not in a list where we discuss the so called "primitive" and "exotic" societies.

I don't mind if you put the tribal societies of bantu Africa in here, if necesary, except by the fact that (as you know) the topics about Africa tend to be a little bit politically loaded these days. And also it give the impression both continents have a pre-colonial history in common, which is false.

We have tens of lists arguing about microscopic countries of Europe. Why the Americas can't have its own list? After all, they represent the 40% of the lands of this planet, and include some of the most famous civilizations on earth: Mayans and Incas included.

Finally, your idea that the American's societies were "low organic economies", reveals you need further research on the topic.LOL

Thanks

Pinguin

viola76 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote viola76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 22:27

not even nazis try and seperate ethiopia from black africa. and you have the nerve to keep on going on about afrocentrism when you practice it s twin. what hypocrisy.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 23:00
Originally posted by viola76

not even nazis try and seperate ethiopia from black africa. and you have the nerve to keep on going on about afrocentrism when you practice it s twin. what hypocrisy.

Dear Viola:

The point is not color of skin but level of development.
If you study, for example, the nomadic peoples of Asia you don't include the Chinese empire on it. And if you study the Germanic tribes, called the Barbarians, you don't include the Roman Empire on it.

Ethiopia is just another old civilization known by the Eurasian civilizations since the begining of time. So, I believe the place for Ethiopia is in ancient civilizations and not in this thread, that's all.

Pinguin

viola76 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote viola76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 23:18

i hope you have told the moderators your dislike of the fact that the ancient mediterenean is lumped with europe.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 23:27

Well, I wish to have a place where to discuss the ancient cultures of the Americas, that is my favorite topic. That's all. You have notice there are not specialized threads for the Americas, the peoples of the Pacific, Black Africa, the Inuits, the Ainus of Japan and the nomadic people of Central Asia and Northern Europe.

And yes, you well know, like I do, that the Mediterranean cultures are older than Northern Europe. And I agree with you in your suggestion there is a bias in there.

Pinguin

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 01:34
I had absolutly no idea who Queen Gudit was, before i read this thread. Thankyou.

I would just like to say that it is very tragic how lots of important people, including important female leaders, continue to be purposely forced to "Vanish" from human history, to the point where people began to think that the person may never even have existed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12