Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Famous Battles! -> Post Your Favourite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Famous Battles! -> Post Your Favourite
    Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 14:45
OK. I think I shall vote for Kulikovo as I did last time - I am intent on getting this battle reviewed, and by Rider! This is subject to unlikely change, but for now, Kulikovo. I'll start putting together a plan, in case mine does get chosen. 
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 14:48
Originally posted by Knights

OK. I think I shall vote for Kulikovo as I did last time - I am intent on getting this battle reviewed, and by Rider! This is subject to unlikely change, but for now, Kulikovo. I'll start putting together a plan, in case mine does get chosen. 

Lol... I have it written you know... so the next time I log in after the final yes vote, it is up and for reading..
alexandruu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote alexandruu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 06:20
Pekau,

this is not a usual thread about great battles. In here, each of us very briefly presents a story, and, if it is voted by the other forumers, it is enlarged.

If you would like to wirte about a batle, be kind and wait until all the votes are in. If your brief story (by brief story I mean 2 rows max) has the most votes, we will gladly read it and talk about it.

Until than, please don't post any more full-reviews.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 09:18
Nor should you copy these directly from Wikipedia. I am sure that that wasn't the point of this. Therefore, your post has been hidden from the view of all others, except you and all the moderators.
alexandruu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote alexandruu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 12:15
Ok guys,

Let the battle-story proposals pour in !

So far, we have Rider's review of Kulikovo and Knight's story about Agincourt.

If my story will be voted, I'll be writing about the battle of Vaslui (Moldavia 1475), during which Stephen the Great faced the Ottoman army.

Edited by alexandruu - 05-Feb-2007 at 12:17
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 13:37
I will once more pull my vote in favour of Knights's selection: Let it be Agincourt.
Slick View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 00:01
I'm re-nominating Sekigahara again. :)
"Dai Ichi Dai Man Dai Kichi"
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 01:55
Varna has also been one of my favourite battles...i never know why, it was a great loss to Poland and even greater one to the Balkans and Hungary. I think the tragedy of the battle attracts me to it, the young king being talked into a further battle and promised support that never came. I think I wrote about this battle before. not me acctually but a description form chronicles of jan dlugosz... I'll tryt o find them.
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 02:07
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6540&KW=&PID=121479#121479
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 09:22
Well, I have also posted a description about the battle of Varna in the "Notable Hungarian battles" topic.

This reconstruction of events differs from one in this topic. So It might interest you.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 12:21
my vote goes to Kulikovo
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 13:35
Then we have:

Kulikovo - 2
Agincourt - 1 vote
Vaslui
Sekigahara

I promise that if you take Sekigahara for the third vote, then I'll vote for it. Just now remembered where I knew it from.
Slick View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 15:24
I'll vote for Vaslui. Interested in Peter and the Ottomans. It's a double winner...
"Dai Ichi Dai Man Dai Kichi"
Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Praetor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 18:21
I vote for Kulikovo - an excellent example of a mongol defeat despite the numerical superiority of the mongol forces! (such examples are very rare as you would imagine) Plus single combats are really coolCool
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 18:28
Looks like the votes stand at:

Kulikovo - 3
Agincourt - 1
Vaslui - 1
Sekigahara - 0

At this stage, we will be hearing from Rider on the Battle of Kulikovo.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 11:29
I know that Knights talked you into this Praetor!
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 03:10
Good posts! Sorry, I've been busy with school. It'sprobably pointless at this point, but i'll cast my vote for Sekigahara to "even" out a bit towards the Asian side. It's not all about Europe, you knowLOLCool 

Edited by konstantinius - 08-Feb-2007 at 03:10
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Praetor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 06:01
Originally posted by rider

I know that Knights talked you into this Praetor!

Knights didn't talk me into this, however I did suggest it with someone else in mindWink
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 14:12
Kulikovo - 3
Agincourt - 0
Vaslui -
Sekigahara

Changed my vote to Sekigahara, couldn't resist.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 14:15
Sekigahara
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>