Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Propaganda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jeru View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jeru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propaganda
    Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 16:42
I've been "surfing the net" for quite some time and couldn't help noticing of the increasing propaganda and nationalism around the world.I've seen and read lots of stories,some of them closer to fiction than reality.So i was wandering,why is this hapenning?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 18:23
Is this a "new" phenomena, or is it that since the net we have more access? I feel that the propaganda and agendas have always existed, it's just easier for the authors to get their message out.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 19:06
I have noticed it a lot more in the last year, but also I have been reading a lot more international forums. (wikipedia,here,etc.)
I don't think it's on the rise, because most of the claims people are making date back years or decades.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 21:15
I don't think the phenomena is on the rise. Rather I think that with the advent and the widespread nature of the internet these ideas and campaigns of misinformation are easier to access and people are less cynical about what they are being told.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 21:28
I don't know, they are saying that due to the internet, White Supremacy groups have grown quickly in the US in the last couple of years.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 05:49
Originally posted by Jeru

So i was wandering, why is this hapenning?

Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 16:38

I've been "surfing the net" for quite some time and couldn't help noticing of the increasing propaganda and nationalism around the world.I've seen and read lots of stories,some of them closer to fiction than reality.So i was wandering,why is this hapenning?

i disagree, the increasing of nationalist is not the byproduct of internet, internet only provides a more convinient way of communicating.
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote perikles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 05:25
Internet is the mean of publicing their ideas. Before internet there were certain newspapers or magazines. I think that propaganda was always the same. It is just easier nowdays to find propagandistic ideas. thats all
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 08:38
The internet does allow producers of propaganda much more freedom, and makes the task easier. Try looking up www.israelforum.com and see a prime example, just don't say anything possibly hinting towards the slightest thought that someone may be thinking about contemplating that Israel is in the wrong. Ever.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 23:19
I think these events are happening because the world is becoming stablized. No longer can Germany just declare war against France. The world's in stalemate. No nation could hope to be supreme without securing great amount of allies or sympathizers. So, people try to recall the old historical facts to bring out the land claims, race supremacy and other things for benefits.

I suppose that the Rise of Information Age is a crucial factor. Never before did people had this amount of information being accessable to the public. Due to knowledge explosion, some people jump into conclusions.

Join us.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 01:46

No nation could hope to be supreme without securing great amount of allies or sympathizers.

Except the United States.......
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 01:55
Propaganda - like we use to know is concept of the nazi party of A.H.
Created in "genious" way i.a. by Leni Riefenstahl...

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 07:29
Originally posted by JanusRook

No nation could hope to be supreme without securing great amount of allies or sympathizers.

Except the United States.......
The United States is capable of hoping anything.

Hope on....
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 14:37
I mentioned white supremecy sites in my previous post, I went to Stormfront for the first time today and I never been so sickened by a website before. One talking to a black member that joined said that the white people there weren't closed minded bigots. Anyone with a half a brain would know they basicly define it! They have 100,000 members world wide... It's pretty sad to see so many people with hate based on color...
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 15:16
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

I mentioned white supremecy sites in my previous post, I went to Stormfront for the first time today and I never been so sickened by a website before. One talking to a black member that joined said that the white people there weren't closed minded bigots. Anyone with a half a brain would know they basicly define it! They have 100,000 members world wide... It's pretty sad to see so many people with hate based on color...

I know, it is a very sick site. I like when they say that they are not racists, rather, they are just better than everyone else. I thought it was a comedy site at first.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 15:47
They claim they aren't racist either? These people are a joke. They say other races aren't smart and not capable of being educated and yet it seems they lack any form of education to say such things. I don't understand these people at all, nor do I really want to.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 12:32
Propoganda is an art form, it can trick and decieve us, it can move or angle our minds differently and it can make ordinarily good people bad, purely by making them believe what they are doing is good and justifiable. I think it has a kind of terrible beauty, and i've probably unknowingly fallen for it many many times.

Edited by Dolphin - 07-Feb-2007 at 12:32
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 19:09
Originally posted by Dolphin

Propoganda is an art form, it can trick and decieve us, it can move or angle our minds differently and it can make ordinarily good people bad, purely by making them believe what they are doing is good and justifiable. I think it has a kind of terrible beauty, and i've probably unknowingly fallen for it many many times.

It tells how stupid humanity is. Often the propaganda is not even cleverly made at all, but public still falls for it.Ouch

Join us.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 20:28

ACtually, The Romans were the masters of propaganda..

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 20:13
The KKK has grown 60% nation wide between 2005-2006 because of the Illegal Immigrant problem. They now say they aren't after blacks, jews, and homosexuals as much as they are after and focused on Illegals. This has caused new chapters and membership to grow very quickly and now we are seeing a resurgence of them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>