Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War of Mexico-America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LilLou View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LilLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War of Mexico-America
    Posted: 02-Dec-2006 at 07:07

I wanna start a topic about a rarely talked issue, mexican-american war of 1846-1848, why do you think mexico rarely won any battles against the american army, no manpower, inferior weaponary, bad tactics???

Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2006 at 12:54
If I recall correctly, the Mexican army was poorly equipped, poorly trained, and poorly led. 
LilLou View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote LilLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 07:04

I read that the mexican soldiers had to use less gunpowder than the americans due to fear that the guns might explode and that made the bullet very weak and short range due to their american c**terparts who had more state of the art rifles also their cannon had the same problem as the guns but the mexican soldiers were still very able to defeat the american army.

Post Reply Post Reply