Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 05:48
there is one think if you think you know everythink thats means you know  nothing thats for you mr mustafa i dont know how long you stayed in Turkey but i guess you started to confuse with so many languages in your mind.using yeah instead of yes does not change or alter the language.about noahs sons yes its true that turks came from yapheth(actually his son Tur)but they werent left over theyve been sent to issik-kol to central asia .arabs are relating turks with yeccuc meccuc is just plain jelaousy.most historicall sources are  written by anti turks and they are not relevent.about the way we look you should think Turanian people are the mixture of caucassian and mongoloid races. you suppose to look drawings of kubilay kagan actully not the one that you have which pictured 100 year after his death,look at the one pictured in time of marco polos visiting with all due respect everybody has their own truths all we need to respect each other at the end we are all human beings
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 10:17

yea, we are 1 race. human

True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 08:48
Yalbuzdag, I can't believe you take that Yafes-Tr legend so seriously. That's just a religious myth my boy, that's not the true fact.
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
kroglu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Suspended

Quote kroglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 18:17
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 17:31
 Early Altaic Turkish face was like mongoloid.Because faces of early Turkish statues(in Mongolia)more similar mongoloid than europoid.
I think Anatolian turks very cross breeded Iranians and Semits.I think real turks are Tuva,Altaic,Hakas,Saha(yakut) and some Kyrgyz,Kazahs.But Kazahs are half europoid ethnic.|They are uralian subgroup of europoid.
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 23:42
you must be kidding !!!! where do you get that ? have you ever seen them in real life or have you seen their image ?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 03:24
There's is concrete distinction between Turkic peoples and Turkish people (Which in fact are the citizens of the modern Turkish Republic)...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 03:27
Originally posted by Turk

Originally posted by maximilian

I think the reason for Turks not looking central asian is because they were a mixed nation of caucases and asian nations from the begining. The huns were also a union of asian nations and they were the ancestors of Turks. But I know that today the people of Turkic republics look like each other and their are similar. But the eastern Turks are more central asian than others. The Azerbaijanis and Turkmens look very similar to Turkey Turks. The more eastern republics ( Uzbekistan, Kyrgizistan) are totally central asian.

You're right about Turks being mixed, however I have my doubts about Azeris even being part of the Turkic nation.

Azeris are indeed part of the Turkic nation... what makes you sat that?

ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 05:25

What is the "Turkic nation"? Does such a nation exist? I don't think so (just like how "Germanic nation", "Slavic nation" and "Iranic nation" doesn't exist).

Btw Adnan, welcome to the forum

[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 04:09
Originally posted by perdon

you must be kidding !!!! where do you get that ? have you ever seen them in real life or have you seen their image ?

Have you got another document about early turkish face?
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 04:15
Originally posted by Adnan

There's is concrete distinction between Turkic peoples and Turkish people (Which in fact are the citizens of the modern Turkish Republic)...

Anatolian turkish face very different than Saha,Tuvinias and Khakas.Why?Are you one nation?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 12:58

Sakha people are Tunguzic. Only their language is Turkic. And YES. We are one nation spite of all those intermixing of both culture and nations. The thing that makes us a nation is our brotherhood from a common ancestry of Turkic people.

Also, Oguz people, which were described as "western Turks" from the western steppes were a mixture of caucasoid and mongoloid. So they never looked like Mongolians nor Sakhas.

Edited by Oguzoglu
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 13:58
No one has ever heard of this Turkish nation. Those central asian nations are not turkish. Turkey itself is a mix between many peoples.This turkic nation is like a fairy tale because many of us have never heard of it..
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2005 at 14:11
There is no actual nation, Oguzoglu said it's our brotherhood that makes us one people.  The Central Asian nations are Turkish, the people are Turk, the language is Turk, the culture is Turk and the history is as well.  I think that'll qualify someone in being Turkish.  If not what does that make them?
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2005 at 04:02
May be my wrong.But I have a question.What do you think about Xiongnu's image. 
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2005 at 04:08
and I did read Azers was iran tribe.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2005 at 10:12

When I said "we are a single nation", I also meant the ethnical brotherhood btw us, with our cultural and historical brotherhoods. Today's Anatolian Turkmens are totally brothers with central asian Turks. But the mixed population of Turks are also brothers with central asian Turks. Because our ancestors had the mentality that to be a Turk, your father should be Turk, so Turkish ancestory was inherited from your father, not your mother. This was the cultural and ethnic ideology. So we are mostly brothers of each other...

We also know that the language and culture of Xiong Nu was Turkic from historical sources. But in old times, Turks and Mongols mixed very much, and our identities were partly similar. I think Xiong Nu was a unification of all Turkic, Mongoloid, Tunguzic, and some Iranic tribes under a Turkic rule.

Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2005 at 05:52
Do you allow early turkish image were mongoloid.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2005 at 12:43
For some of them. But not for all Turks, since the word "Turk" refers to all nomadic nations from Eastern Sea in the east to Caspian Sea to the west, under the rule of Gktrk Kaganate. So there are lots of Turkic nations that have different features and that show different racial properties. This is very natural...
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2005 at 03:33
Xiongnu were pure Mongoloid.Peraphs they spoke turkish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>