Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 00:06
Originally posted by perdon

Second, we discussed SEVERAL TIMES above WHY Kazaks, Uigurs etc. have more east asian genes than Turks in Turkey.

where do you get the concultion that uyhgur look like mongolian ,have you ever been there before?have you seen the uyhgur image in this forum!have you seen their eyes ?

Don't put words in my mouth. I said "more asian genes" than Turks in Turkey which is true. I did not say most uygurs look mongolian (although some do).  You and some other people seem to have problems with reading what I wrote here. I am totally wasting my time repeating what I said before so people like you don't put words in my mouth I never said.

I don't even know why I am talking to someone as racist and narrow minded as you are....

Edited by Mustafa
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 01:17

Edited by Alparslan
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 01:22

Originally posted by Mustafa

You knowing nothing about central asia is probably much better than some people here spreading misinformation and propaganda.

Comparing to your huge knowledge on the issue we are ignorant of course. You are the authority and best Turkish intellectual living abroad in USA which is also the symbol of literacy, "freedom" and peace on the world. 

If they are treating you as second class human being this not our nor your mistake. If you think that by denying your identity you will become a "loved one" you are seriously wrong. History is not a tool to treat your psychological problems that you get in Germany and USA.

Adamlarin kicindan ayrilmazsan yuzune bok gelince aglama, baskasini da suclama. 

Originally posted by Mustafa

I don't even know why I am talking to someone as racist and narrow minded as you are....

This is a very good idea. Do not vaste your time here. Ikile......

You are saying racist to us. A man whose name Mustafa from Kayseri Central Anatolia, raised in Germany, now lives in USA is accusing us being racist. He is the one who tries to "sell" us the racist Hitler Aryan teories are accusing us by being racist.

You are a dolphine living in a pool Mustafa.  

Edited by Alparslan
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 01:37
Originally posted by Alparslan

You are saying racist to us. A man whose name Mustafa from Kayseri Central Anatolia, raised in Germany, now lives in USA is accusing us being racist. He is the one who tries to "sell" us the racist Hitler Aryan teories are accusing us by being racist.

You are a dolphine living in a pool Mustafa.  

whats wrong with the name Mustafa?

Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 02:22

And here we go again. The eternal battle against illogical thinking, propaganda, racism and just plain ignorance. But someone has to do it I guess...might as well be me (although I would appreciate some help here ).....

At first I have to ask a few questions about you after your comments:

Are you Turkish? Are you Muslim?

--If you had actually READ what I wrote before in this thread you would actually know the answer to these questions. But since you have chosen to stay ignorant, you will just have to go back and read some of the earlier posts in this thread. Plus, I fail to see how being a Turk or Muslim *automatically* gives you all this knowledge about the topics we are talking about here.

If so, I am sorry but you are getting misinformation about the subject. Language reform has done in the area of literature and education to eliminate Persian and Arabic influences on Turkish.

--Oh really? Is that why the official Turkish spoken today could *still* not stand on its own feet without persian and arabic? Heck....the word for "yes" in standard Turkish ("Evet") is even a fully arabic word with has nothing to do with Turkic languages where "yes" is universally "he" or "ha"...even among non-standard dialects in Turkey itself. You're falling for propaganda here.

So that daily used spoken Turkish has started to be used in those areas.

--What a bunch of nonsense. "Daily spoken Turkish" among most turks was/is still various "Anadolu" dialects and NOT the Istanbul dialect that was chosen to be the standard language. Anadolu Turkish is VASTLY different from the standard Turkish. That is why someone like you will have HUGE trouble even properly understanding someone from a village in Kayseri or Malatya or other places where they still speak an Anadolu Oguz dialect.

In fact by doing so the ordinary people in Anatolia could use easier than before its own language.

--Again...more nonsense. The "ordinary" people in Turkey did not have any easier time understanding the Istanbul dialect, complete with different vocabulary and grammar, which was forced on them. I see the need for a common language in a country like Turkey where there are/were SO many different Oguz dialects all in one place. But, the policy of Turkish snobbish Turkish society and media has been to ridicule and belittle everyone who speaks/spoke an Anadolu dialect by saying: "Look, they can't even speak Turkish properly."  It would have been cleverer to just recognize that there are many different dialects in Turkey (some of which are NOT even Oguz dialects) and still have a common language without belittling every other dialect besides the standard Istanbul dialect.

Apparently, you are part of this snobbish, ignorant mass of people who does not recognize that Turkey does have different dialects which are not all that easily understood by people who are not used to them due to different grammar and vocabulary. Unfortunately, due to people like you and a targeted media campaign, those dialects are dying out because the poor people who speak them feel ashamed about speaking them. My poor mother, who is from Kayseri (just like me) feels ashamed abour her OWN Kayseri dialect when she goes to Istanbul to visit relatives!!! I have to tell her that it's actually ok that she speaks her language and there is nothing to be ashamed about. Our Kayseri dialect (along with other Anadolu dialects) has more in common both in vocabulary and grammar with most other Turkic languages than the "standard" Istanbul dialect could ever have! So, how do you feel about Turkish society making people ashamed about speaking their own language which is hundreds of years old?

Istanbul Turkish and Turkey Turkish do not have different grammar

--Man...your ignorance is amazing. But unfortunately you are not alone. There are others like you from Turkey in this forum who display an amazing amount of resilience when it comes to making themselves ridiculous and displaying their ignorance. Although I have said this in this thread before, I know that you have huge trouble actually reading anything written in this thread before opening your mouth and spewing nonsense here, so I will repeat it here again one last time. I'll just cut and paste something I wrote to "Turk" here in this thread who also claimed that there is no different grammar between standard Turkish and Anadolu dialects:

Apperantly you have no clue about Anadolu Turkish to claim that. Or maybe you just think the different grammar is just "wrong" Turkish spoken by "naive" and ignorant peasants who don't even know how to speak "Turkish" properly, right? Let me give you a little lesson in *one* version of Anadolu Turkish (the Kayseri version...but quite common elsewhere too):

"Ben gidiyom" "Sen gidiyong" "o gidiyo" "biz gidiyok" "siz gidiyonguz" "onnar gidiyo(llar)"

Question: "Siz onnarnang gidiyonguzmu?" etc...etc...etc. (Standard Turkish: Siz onlar ile gidiyormusunuz?)

Suggestion: "Hading, carsiya gidek!" (Standard Turkish: "Hadi bakalim, carsiya gidelim."

Also: There is no such thing as "evet or hayir" to express "yes" and "No" in Anadolu Turkish. We just use the more or less standard Turkic words "He"  and "Yok." I have no idea anyway where "evet" and "hayir" came from...no other Turkic people use those words including (originally) most of Turkey outside Istanbul.

There are many other examples I could give. Are you saying this is just "badly spoken" standard Turkey Turkish? If this is not different grammar from standard Turkey Turkish, then what is it? Oh...I see...it's the language of the "cahil" and uneducated who just don't know any better (the typical comment speakers of this dialect get in Turkey). Funny that I am both educated *and* know better (better than you anyway...haha) and still prefer to speak that language.

Anybody who knows *anything* about the grammar of Turkic languages will tell you that there are two different grammatical structures displayed above. But since you are ignorant and have no idea about the dialects spoken in Turkey you would now know these things. I pity you.

In every country there is main accent which is used as basic such as London English or Paris French. This is related with the locations literature, cultural, demographic and scientific properties.

--It's not just accents. You have to come back to reality. If you go to Liverpool in England and speak to a native you won't understand a thing they are saying. It's a different dialect of english. Same applies to Germans from Hamburg going to southern Bavaria and speaking to locals who still speak the old Bavarian language there. They don't understand a thing. And, of course, same applies to you if you go to a village in central or eastern anatolia and actually manage to find someone who is not ashamed about speaking their own dialect. If they do speak it you will also sit there and wonder what these people are talking about (just like you are wondering what I am talking about right now since you are not getting a single thing I am saying).

Well you are still resisting on despite many sources given to you.

---Hahaha...yeah..."sources" like Wikipedia and people like you? I think I will pass on those "sources".   Maybe one day, once you have actually learned how think logically, you will realize how ignorant you sound, but that day may just never come.

If you want an origin you can start from Africa since all scientific research have shown that homo sapiens are originated from Africa

--Wrong again. There are competing theories out there called "out of Africa" and "multiple regional development" theories. I happen to have written a thesis on this stuff. But that's besides the point. I thought this is a "Steppes of Central Asia" forum and not and African one. Again, you're making no sense.

The place that you like to decide, as this is the origin of this human group can only be a scientific fact (if it really is) for a limited period of time since people are moving, interacting and even genetically changing during time.

--I don't decide anything. I take scientific discoveries (real one as opposed to your anecdotal ones influences by wishful thinking, racism and propaganda) analyze them and draw conclusions from them just like any logically thinking person should do. I don't just repeat regurgitated nonsense like you and others like you are doing and declare that crap as "fact."  To find the origin of a culture you have to go back to its roots. Have you read the genetic research done on the Huns that shows that the first wave (which did not mix with europeans) was gentically east asian and had NO caucasian genes? Again....do me and yourself a favor and read this thread thoroughly before posting more crap. I have explained everything here several times before to almost equally hardheaded and ignorant people like you, so I don't want to waste my time repeating everything again just because you are too lazy or inept to read all the relevant material already posted in this thread.

According to Miller, proto-Altai language has roots in West Siberian steppes on the north, Caspian Sea on the west and Altai mountains on the east before 7000 years ego. Proto Altaic people have been moved towards east to Altai region and they split up two as west and east. Western group has formed proto-Turkish. Famous Turkolog Nemeth put the area from the east of Urals till Altais. Menges put it even west.

--Oooh...7000 years ago huh? People have trouble following the Turkic and Mongol people further back than the time of the Huns and you go to 7000 years? That's really reliable research (or should I say speculation).  Also, it would help if you quoted the scientific journals or publications where you found this "information" instead of just throwing around with names like Miller and Nemeth. You have obviously never written a scientific paper nor read one.

You know this change since it you see it, you lived it. But historically speaking it is very dubious that they are very homogeneous society since they are mixed with Celts, Latins, Slavs, Uralics and even may be with other Asians such as Turkics.

--Did you pull this out of you ass again? Where is the genetic analysis that shows that especially "uralics" and asians got mixed into the German population during historic and prehistoric times when the germans were not even moving further than 30km away from their villages during their whole lives? Are you even listening to a SINGLE word I am writing here? I might as well speak to a wall....

Your life span is beyond our scope when it is talked about thousands of years. Being sedentary doesnt mean that they did not move anywhere and others did never get in touch with them.

--I am not talking about my lifespan. You're the one imagining I am since you don't seem to get things easily by nature. I am talking about historical timespans. And yes, the common peasant folk (which was the majority of the population) did not move anywhere. It was merchants and sodiers that were moving around...that's all. That's what "sedentary" means...you don't move. You plough your land and you're born and die on the same land. It's been like that most of human history with sedentary people until the advent of modern transportation.

Our knowledge about Germans starts with when Romans get into contact with them and put their observations on paper.

I would not say "our" knowledge since your knowledge is so limited that it would be an insult to the word "knowledge" to call whatever ignorance and misinformation you are spreading "knowledge."

We do not have enough info about them before. But after this we know that they went from Africa to Crimea and at last to America. So they were moving.

--What? Hahaha...oh my god this must be so embarrassing for you (that is, if you actually knew how stupid all this sounds...but ignorance is bliss I guess). Germans went from Africa to the Crim peninsula and then all the way to America? Wow.....when did they arrive in Germany, Mr. Ignorance?   If you have not noticed, we're not talking about some odd settlers here and about time WAY before there was any "America" in the minds of the Europeans.

We know that they are racially Nordic but they have clear, now and before, non-nordic element inside their society.

--I see...I am still waiting for your quotations from scientific research done on this and your logical conclusions drawn therefrom. Otherwise, you might as well pull all of this "information" out of your ass.  

I cannot understand your point.

--Hahaha...I know. Why does that not surprise me at all?

Mixing is mixing.

--Let me explain this to you in baby speak: you mix two DIFFERENT things not the two of the SAME. Get it? So...caucasian mixing with caucasian = caucasian. Caucasian mixing with Asian = mixed person with features of both races. If you don't understand this then I don't know what else to say to you. Then you must just be really dense in addition to being ignorant.

They are both homo sapiens at the end. Moreover you cannot assume that being caucasian is an European property since they were coming from Asia. What is the importance if there is not a difference on their gene and phenotype or not? We are talking about a different thing.

--Can you put this into English please? Or any coherent language for that matter? You're not making any sense (as if that's unusual).

It is me who is saying that Turks are a sum of people both Caucasian and Mongoloid.

--Good for you!   You must be a national hero or some genius or something.

you are saying that Turks were Mongoloids even in 1683 at the siege of Vienna (how did you get it. It is a mistery though) but suddenly changed to caucasoid until the invention of photograph machine.

--You love putting words in my mouth don't you? I said that they looked asian...who knows if they were fully asian or mixed asian. If you were actually a cultured person you would look at European drawings from the times of the sieges of Vienna and you would disvover that the most of the Turkish solders have asian features on them. I did not go back in time and tell the inhabitants in Vienna to draw asian faces.

And I am opposing by saying that Turks has gained caucasoid features during their long journey to Anatolia without denying the fact that they have also mixed with Byzantine Greeks, Armenians, Serbians, native Anatolians.

--What are you opposing? You are repeating exactly what I have already said before. If you had actually read AND understood anything writtein in this thread you would know this already. The question here is about the ancestors of the Turks. If turks are altaic people and not, as you might wish, "altacized" caucasians (which is a bunch of crap) then they were at some point genetically the same as all the other altaic people. Since all the other altaic people are ALL asian it would only make sense that the Turks originally were asian too. This is just logical reasoning. But we don't have to leave it just at logical reasoning. There is plenty of historical evidence that the early turkic people were asian. I won't repeat it here but i suggest that you finally actually read this thread before opening up your mouth again and spewing utter ignorance and nonsense.

Plus we can not even know if the very first Altaic speaking peoples were Mongoloids or not.

--yes we can to reasonable certainty (nothing is 100%...things are either more likely or less likely) if we use logical reasoning and historical accounts in combination, something that you still have to learn how to do.

There are both Caucasoid and Mongoloid skeletons in Altai and other parts of Central Asia. They are all my ancestors.

--Hahaha....more ignorance. This is sickeningly funny actually. You're like a one man comedy show. So, you traced your ancestry back to 3000 year old (most likely celtic clothes wearing) mummies? Did you find a secret family tree in the attic of your grandfather which showed the mummies all the way at the bottom as the origin of your family?   There is absolutely NO evidence that these mummies had anything to do with altaic people whatsoever although someone like you would ignorantly construe it that way. In fact, there is plenty of evidence that these caucasians were gentically assimilated into the asian population and disappeared leaving NO traces behind. That aread of the world has always been asian genetically back to more than 200,000 years which can be seen in the features of modern Homo sapiens which were found in that region which ALREADY BACK THEN had fully asian features. If you were actually an informed person you would know these things, but since you are not you just regurgitate propaganda and hearsay. The thoughts of a simple brain.....

Especially Tocharians. There are lots of common words in Turkish and Tocharian. I do not care about the very very beginning first Altaic speaking people 7 or 6 thousands year ego.

The tocharians again...god I am sick of this. The poor tocharians are always used by white supremicists and wannabe caucasians like you to demonstrate the "might" and "influence" of the "white race" in even in asia of old times. This has nothing to do with the current discussion so drop it. We're talking about the origins of the altaic people, not people who got assimilated on the way later on in history like the tocharians. Get it?

I am looking at western Turks which are Anatolian Turks, Azeris of Azerbaycan, Azeris of Iran, Turks of Caucasia, Crimean Tatars, Baskurts of Russia, Gagauzs of Moldova, Karaim Jews, Turks of Balkans (millions in Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia etc) and some who stayed in Central Asia showing caucasoid features such as Uighurs were all caucasoid.

--See? This is what I mean by a "simple brain" like yours. You can only see on the surface and can't go any further. Since you see that all these people mentioned above look Caucasian you conclude that the original turks from mongolia and altai mountain also MUST have looked caucasian. This is the stupides and most ignorant crap I have ever heard. I don't even know why I am wasting my time with someone like you. You totally lack any logic and have done absolutely NO research but stubbornly argue the wildest points here. OF COURSE these people look caucasian today because they are mostly TURKICIZED native populations that have been living there for millenia. Do you think millions of Turkic settlers in horse waggons (like in the wild west of America) came to western asia and Turkey to settle the land and kill the natives? No...turks conquered the population became turkicized with some mixing along the way. I hope this makes sense EVEN to you.

There is a reality on me.

YOUR reality is unfortunately different from THE reality. Your reality takes place in dreamland where a simple mind like yours feels warm and cozy and secure and all its wishful thinking becomes reality.

I am seeing it.

You would not even see the light if I held it in front of your nose and said: "look, it's light".

But you are claiming that they were Mongoloids and by mixing with native population they have changed to caucasoid. And they have adopted their languages. Well but we are talking about a huge population. How a group of warriors could achieve to convert all these population and they have started to talk Turkish?

I did not make this up. It's the result of scientific research. There are huge turkicized populations out there today. Again, there weren't millions of Turks to begin with to be able to settle the huge areas they conquered. Their homeland, the steppes, was only able to support small numbers of nomads. This process of "converting" the local population was very common throughout history, not just among nomads (but someone like you would not know that). Whenever a population changed rulers the population adopted the language AND religion of the new ruler. It's been like that for millenia.

I am looking at Turcoman yoruks in Anatolia assuming that they may be the closest Turks who came to Anatolia at the beginning. They were not Mongoloids moreover there are many blonds.

--Wrong again. There is substantial debate about the origins of the Yoruks and if they were originally turkic at all or if they were turkicized. Of course your simple mind thinks that blonde people came from central asia to Turkey although it is much more likely that some crusaders raped some locals on the way to the holy land. But again, that might be going to deep for a simple mind.  

I am looking at Alevis in Anatolia assuming that they may be the closest Turks who came to Anatolia at the beginning. Especially Alevi dedes have a long family track showing their roots in Khorasan. They were not Mongoloids but some of them have Turanian features.

Where are getting these utterly dumb assumptions from? Alevis did not come from central asia you ignorant person! They are a middle easter and anatolian phenomenon. You might want to read up on this in real sources instead of hearing it from neighbors and story tellers. What the hell are "Turanian Features"? There is no such thing except in your imagination and other racist turks like you. Your assumptions are not based on logic or scientific research so it's all just pulled out of your behind and useless (in addition to being plain nonsense).

Language is a very important aspect in identifying ones identity. Even if from Iran to Russia and to Anatolia Mongoloid Turks have mixed with locals and changed their languages it means that todays Turks are this and they are not the same as 2000 years ego. So what? We are still Turks and we are still carrying something from Mongoloid Turks.

Since you make it a habit to miss the point completely it does not surprise me that you missed it again. I never said that people in Turkey are not turks. Turks are part of a cultural phenomenon nowadays and not part of a race. Get this into your head. The discussion was about the origins of the turks (as I have said a million times before and you still don't get it.)

There is social theory of assimilation of conquerors.

--Which you just pulled out of your ass again. This "assimilation of conquerors" as you call it only works in societies where the native culture is utterly superior and the population so large as to not be killed off or forced into submission as in China, which is the best example for that. The situation in central asia and Turkey was different...but again you would now know that.

Since the language is learnt from mother.

--another baseless assumption. You really ARE a one man comedy show. You should have starred in the movie "Dumb And Dumber" as the third main character.

A small group of nomad warriors can not convert a huge geography.

--Of course they can. Look at all the Turkic countries now. That's exactly what happened. Again, don't think millions of horse waggons moved to central asia, turkey, southern russia , crimea and the balkans from the altai mountains, mongolia and siberia.

This is beyond the scope of logic, science and this has never seen during history.

Please don't insult logic, science and history by taking those words into your mouth.   

You are seeing Asians as a different race. It must be a result of living in Germany.

--Yes it must me....hahaha. What a wonderful example of "logical reasoning" hahaha...oh my god I am going to crack up. This guy is a born comedian! Of course it's not the fact that asians ARE actually a different race...no, no no....i must be thinking such "nonsense" because I was living in Germany at some point....hahaha. Have you thought about doing this show on TV? It's hilarious!

Indo-Europeans were Asians too

---hahahaha...oh my god! This is getting better and better! How much more crap can come out of this guy's mouth?

I am not seeing differences between humans they are both homo sapiens.

--Yes. "both humans" are homo sapiens...hahaha. I did not know that there were only two humans on this planet. If I don't show this post to someone immediately they won't believe me how much hilarious crap I am dealing with here. By the way, recognizing that there are and have been different races on this planet does not equel racism. What you have been claiming (caucasians coming to Turkey from central asia) is part of "white supremacist" thinking which is utterly racist, even if you don't recognize it. My recognition of the existance of races is just plain fact.

From that perspective we can say that there is no mixed society.  

Oh! No!!!!!!!!  This was terrible. You have educated in Europe I think.

--You think? hahaha...that was really hard work to figure out since I have already said that I lived there for most of my life before in this thread. Now get this...I was educated BOTH in Europe AND in the USA! Wow...now that makes me totally ignorant right? I was educated by the "enemy" who indoctrinated me with false idea....hahaha. Some of you guys in Turkey are really out of your minds....it's disgusting. I don't take any propaganda as "fact" be it European, American OR Turkish Propaganda. I have developed a common sense and logical thinking over the years which makes it possible for me to recognize all senseless propganda.. Something that you are utterly lacking. Did YOU have any education at all? Even in Turkey? Or did you learn how to read and write from the back of a cookie box? Chewing gum paper?

Man...I just wated a couple of hours of my time answering to this utter nonsense. I don't think I can do this anymore. I think it is self-evident that this guy lacks any real knowledge about ANYTHING really and just repeats all kinds of hearsay like a bored parrot. Unfortunately, this place is full of people like him and it's really hard to find people that actually THINK instead of using their heads as dead paper weights.

Mustafa

Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 02:40

Originally posted by Chono

why do you think kirgiz came to Tian Shan? How did nations like kazakhs and tatars came to be? Why are you people called uzbek anyway? I think we've been shaping enough cultures and societies over there.

--Dear Chono, while I don't agree with Perdon and think he's a stinking racist, I just wanted to clarify that Mongolians and Mongolian culture has been shaped *at least as much* by Turkic culture (if not more) as Turkic culture has been shaped by mongolians. Let's not forget that pretty much ALL mongolians outside Mongolia were eventually Turkicized and integrated into Turkic societies.

Mustafa

Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 02:48
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

[

Maybe because of your American Westerisized lifestyle, you are unable to see the truth... But the history of mankind is up to the hands of the enemies sons of the people who occupy history. If you really want to know the truth, dont take the son of enemy like a brother, and believe him...

--I am not influence by *any* lifestyle. I have broken away from the restraints of national thinking long time ago and I am glad I did. I suggest you do the same. As I have said before, I don't fall for any Propaganda, be it American, European or Turkish. I draw my own conclusions after examining the facts.

This whole attitude of considering entire nations as the "enemy" has taken us into this deep crap in the first place. You speak almost like George Bush believe it or not, who is one of the stupidest presidents the US has ever seen: "We're going to find the ENEMY, smoke 'em out of their holes, and kill 'em!"  This is the kind of propaganda talk that creates problems and you are contributing to it.

Mustafa

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 02:14

for some reasons, everything eventually turns into some sorta argument that has nothing to do with the original topic.

anyway, my driver is a urghur or something like that i can't even spell it right. and he does look a little different from us but who cares.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 02:46
Originally posted by coolstorm

for some reasons, everything eventually turns into some sorta argument that has nothing to do with the original topic.

Yes unfortunately you are right. But claiming that Andulus Islam civilization in Spain has been built by the ancestors of Vandals as Mustafa claimed deserved something. He got racist view that he is not even aware of it. "Someone" has injected him "the basic information" that "only the westerners, westerners ancestors or westerners' related peoples can built civilizations".

And one more important point is that it is a high probability that he is not Muslim but ethnically Turk. If we translate it he may be "rised by missionaires". There is a huge difference between "being a Christian" and "Christian rised by missionaires". The difference is as huge as between human being and a creature.

Edited by Alparslan
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 08:58

How futile is this point about historical identity compared to modern identity?

What evidence regarding central asian Turkish genes are actually being presented? What blood types? What physical markers? Show us the research!

Linquistically, ethnically, cultural, religious, and genetics are only a few methods to catagorize one's background. To say that we are to identify with accuracy one's historical identity we will need to grasp the immense variables that play into such an equation.

Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 13:00

Yes unfortunately you are right. But claiming that Andulus Islam civilization in Spain has been built by the ancestors of Vandals as Mustafa claimed deserved something. He got racist view that he is not even aware of it. "Someone" has injected him "the basic information" that "only the westerners, westerners ancestors or westerners' related peoples can built civilizations".

And one more important point is that it is a high probability that he is not Muslim but ethnically Turk. If we translate it he may be "rised by missionaires". There is a huge difference between "being a Christian" and "Christian rised by missionaires". The difference is as huge as between human being and a creature.

Does *anything* intelligent ever come out of this guy's mouth? Please, someone tell me this guy is not representing the viewpoints of the majority of the people of Turkey today...please!

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 13:52

I am asking you a very simple question Mustafa............

Are you a Christian Turk or not? That is all................

Edited by Alparslan
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 18:02

I am asking you a very simple question Mustafa............

Are you a Christian Turk or not? That is all................

I'm not a christian Turk you simpleton. Are you pulling these ideas out of your ass? Just because I don't agree with you I don't have to be Christian. As if all the muslims in the world would agree with your crazy ideas. This is not about being christian or muslim, this is about educated and not-educated or just simply intelligent or DUMB.  I will be the first one to say that your posts show that you are neither educated nor intelligent. Otherwise you would not ask stupid questions such as asking a guy with the name MUSTAFA if he is Christian.

Let me also be the first one to tell you that pretty much everyone who converts to Christianity chooses a Christian name, just like people converting to Islam choose a muslim name. Of course you would never think that far.  Time to turn your brain on.....it can do more than just fill up your skull.

By the way...what's wrong with being Christian? If you're Christian you're automatically wrong and an "enemy."? Is that what you are saying? I am sure the Christian members of this forum appreciate that a lot....It's funny how someone like you, who has no clue about anything loves to generalize about everyone else in the world.  Do you have any friends that are not Turks to be able to intelligently speak about other nationalities? I'm talking about real friends, not just people that were temporarily unfortunate enough to have to endure your broken English and illogical "arguments"....

Edited by Mustafa
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 18:35
Mustafa, enough with the criticisms and just stick to material please.
Hrodger View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Hrodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 20:22

This discussion has been so much racists so I don't know if I dear to
make a comment...

Is it possible that "turkic" in old manyucript rather refers to the Uralic
culture, who I remiscent is somewhat similar to (East) Mongolian culture?

Tthere is a non-accepted theory that "Turk" (at least in
Scandinavian and Germanic sources from Viking Age) refers to Finno-
Ugric groups and individuals. For example, the voyage of Erik the Red-
head exploration of Vinland (North America) mentions how a tysktyrk
("German-Trk"), is in service. This is by most historian considered to
refer to Turkic ethno, but by the non-accepted branch to a male of
Finno-Ugric descent. Adam of Bremen also mentions "Turks" (Turci)...

Edited by Hrodger
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2005 at 22:49

Originally posted by Catt

Mustafa, enough with the criticisms and just stick to material please.

I'd love to. But why don't you tell this to someone like "Alparslan" who has been spewing racism here for months?

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 00:22
you seem more than capable of countering things said here, just no need to sink down insulting someones intelligence and continually refer to their stupidity in every post.
Thats all, please continue.
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 03:47
Originally posted by Hrodger

Tthere is a non-accepted theory that "Turk" (at least in
Scandinavian and Germanic sources from Viking Age) refers to Finno-
Ugric groups and individuals. For example, the voyage of Erik the Red-
head exploration of Vinland (North America) mentions how a tysktyrk
("German-Trk"), is in service. This is by most historian considered to
refer to Turkic ethno............

What is this? Would you please explain more about it......... Were they related with Huns or a mixture of Hun-German?

It seems like you may be interested and may give alternative opinions about a Turkish researcher named Turgay Kurum on some old runic texts in Scandinavia. He claims that These texts can be read by using Turkish runic letters of Central Asia. And he shows how he read the text. This is the link.

http://www.antalyaonline.net/futhark/

And one more important point is that it is a high probability that he is not Muslim but ethnically Turk. If we translate it he may be "rised by missionaires". There is a huge difference between "being a Christian" and "Christian rised by missionaires". The difference is as huge as between human being and a creature.............

I had written like this. I did not make any offence to Christian and Christianity. I had never done it and will do it.

But I do not like missionaires. I see them as opportunist soul vultures when there is a disaster in a country. We saw them in time of earthquake of Turkey 5 years ego and now they are in the tsunami zone. That is why I do not like people who are converted to Christianity by them. 

Edited by Alparslan
Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 15:54
We are not Asian or European....

We are black.

End of discussion.
Hrodger View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Hrodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 19:19

Originally posted by Hrodger

Tthere is a non-accepted theory that "Turk" (at least in Scandinavian
and Germanic sources from Viking Age) refers to Finno- Ugric groups and
individuals. For example, the voyage of Erik the Red- head exploration of
Vinland (North America) mentions how a tysktyrk ("German-Trk"), is in
service. This is by most historian considered to refer to Turkic
ethno............

What is this? Would you please explain more about it......... Were they
related with Huns or a mixture of Hun-German?

Hmm... I cannot recall where I read this thing, but search for
"Tyrker the southern man" in The Flatey Book,
http://www.northvegr.org/lore/flatey/001.php .

It seems like you may be interested and may give
alternative opinions about a Turkish researcher named Turgay Kurum on
some old runic texts in Scandinavia. He claims that These texts can be
read by using Turkish runic letters of Central Asia. And he shows how he
read the text. This is the link.

http://www.antalyaonline.net/futhark/

I've heard this proposing on the Internet, but I have never seen any formal
research paper arguing that Old Futhark (0-500AD) is rather derived from
Orkhon. But it is intresting. I know that theese stones have a very
doubtful interpretation in Old Futhark. The image on the Mjbro stone of
a horse rider is sometimes considered to be much younger than the
inscriptions. After he has dechiffered the stones, he interprets them like
more modern stones (700-1100AD) which usually contains a similar
message, but they usually contain personal names too, which his
interpretaion does not. I hope that more finds will be discovered in
future...I think the material are to scarce to draw any reasonable
conclusion. Note that I'm not an expert on runes.

Note: something he hasn't transcript is the "Golden horns of Gallehus",
which is also in Old Futhark.

Edited by Hrodger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>