Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 07:09
I don't understand why do you guys keep giving examples from the Kazakhs. The Kazakh Turks are Turkic people ofcourse but they are not from Oghuz Turks. The Oghuz Turks are Turks from Turkey, Azerbadjan, Turkmenistan, Northern Cyprus and the Turkmens of Northern Iraq. I mean comparing an Oghuz Turk with a non-Oghuz Turk makes no sence. Because the Oghuz Turks are considered as Caucausid_Europid racialy. That means non-Oghuz Turks such as Kazakhs, Uigurs, Tajiks and Kirgizs have more mongolid genes and background than the Oghuz Turks.
Here's a link about the Oghuz Turks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oghuz_Turks

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 09:34

"That means non-Oghuz Turks such as Kazakhs, Uigurs, Tajiks and Kirgizs have more mongolid genes and background than the Oghuz Turks." Is there any reason that you called Tajiks as Turks?!!

What about Turks of southern Iran?

Young children of Turkashvand tribe in Khuzestan

Qashqai girl from Fars

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 11:54

Everything is written here...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 13:48
I think all this talk about the "stereotype" of a Turk is non-sense. I would like to go even further than that, creating "stereotypes" for any race is non-sense. Lets all be honest-there hardly exists a race that has remained pure over time. Enough information has been given above, but I would like to further say this: Turks of Anatolia are united not on stereotypes and physical outlook, they are united in the sense of belonging to a common culture and language:which we call a nation.
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 13:50

Here we go again....this is getting really frustrating. Do they teach any kind of logiccal thinking in Turkey anymore?  I hope this is just a language problem and not a general problem of logical thinking.

Originally posted by Attila

I don't understand why do you guys keep giving examples from the Kazakhs. The Kazakh Turks are Turkic people ofcourse but they are not from Oghuz Turks.

--Do you think the "Oghuz" Turks developed all by themselves in central asia? People don't develop independently from each other and share the same genes and culture. All Turkic people go back to the same root and if you want to answer the question "What did Turks originally look like" you have to go back in time before Turks starting moving westward and mixing with other people. That was (most likely) even before there were any Oghuz or Kazak.  Does it make sense to you now?

The Oghuz Turks are Turks from Turkey, Azerbadjan, Turkmenistan, Northern Cyprus and the Turkmens of Northern Iraq. I mean comparing an Oghuz Turk with a non-Oghuz Turk makes no sence.

--So, I am sure that the Oguz Turks were always in those places listed by you, right? I am sure they are not from central asia, right? (attention: SARCASM!). Have you been reading this thread at all? Do you even know what we are talking about? Everyone knows that currently most of the Turkic world is mixed...that's not the question here. The question (for some people anyways since it's clear to me) is if Turks originally were asian or caucasian. Get it? Now go back and read the other posts in this thread a little more thoroughly as to not waste other people's times repeating things that have already been said.

Because the Oghuz Turks are considered as Caucausid_Europid racialy.

--Oh really? And did YOU just establish that? The level of ignorance here is amazing....why don't you go tell this to some asian looking Turkmens in Turkmenistan? In any case, although most of the Oguz nowadays are caucasian or caucasian looking, that does not mean that they were ORIGINALLY caucasian....again, go back and read the previous posts. Having to explain to you what "Oghuz" turks really are is just a waste of time.

That means non-Oghuz Turks such as Kazakhs, Uigurs, Tajiks and Kirgizs have more mongolid genes and background than the Oghuz Turks.

--My God...I really feel like apologizing for the level of ignorance you are displaying. People are going to think that ALL Turks from Turkey are ignorant like you (and some others here) and lack any kind of logical thinking skills.

First of all...TAJIKS ARE NOT TURKS. There is a HUGE Uzbek Minority there (over 1 million people), but the Tajiks themselves are neither culturally nor linguistically Turks. They are a persian people. Second, we discussed SEVERAL TIMES above WHY Kazaks, Uigurs etc. have more east asian genes than Turks in Turkey. Were you reading any of that at all before posting your nonsense here? You don't even have any idea what the Topic here is, haven't thoroughly read any of the discussion before and come here and waste people's time by posting something that is not only utterly wrong but totally misses the point. This is hardly excusable by saying: "Oh..the poor guy has a language problem. His English might not be all that goodl."

--Oh my god....what an authoritative and scientific source.   Do you even know what Wikipedia is? It's an encyclopedia that can be changed by ANYONE on the internet. I could go in there right now and write: "The Oghuz Turks are originally from the Amazon forest in South America and are closely related to the Yanomami tribe." and Wikipedia would accept it and display this "fact" to the whole world.

With sources like this, no wonder you miss the point totally and have no idea what you are talking about. Why make yourself ridiculous if you are not even sure what you are talking about?

Mustafa

Edited by Mustafa
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 13:57
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

---Hahaha...this is so ignorant it's almost funny. "Everything" is written there.   YOu also seem to not have realized that Wikipedia is an encyclopedia that can freely be changed and enhanced by ANYONE! Yes, even you could go there and spread your ignorance, and other people just like you could post a link to your crap to back up their own ignorant arguments. Does that make sense to you?

Let me just clarify for everyone else that I don't think all of Wikipedia is crap, but that it just has no scientific value if it can be changed by anyone out there regardless of his/her qualifications.

Edited by Mustafa
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 14:02

Turko,

I agree with you, but that is not what the topic is here. The topic started with the question "What does the typical Turk look like?". After we established that there no typical "turkish/turkic" look I brought up the issue of the genetic origins of all the Turks way back in history. That's what we are discussing now and the discussion is not just limited to the Turks in Anatolia.

Mustafa

Originally posted by turko

I think all this talk about the "stereotype" of a Turk is non-sense. I would like to go even further than that, creating "stereotypes" for any race is non-sense. Lets all be honest-there hardly exists a race that has remained pure over time. Enough information has been given above, but I would like to further say this: Turks of Anatolia are united not on stereotypes and physical outlook, they are united in the sense of belonging to a common culture and language:which we call a nation.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 14:18
Originally posted by Mustafa

---Hahaha...this is so ignorant it's almost funny. "Everything" is written there.   YOu also seem to not have realized that Wikipedia is an encyclopedia that can freely be changed and enhanced by ANYONE! Yes, even you could go there and spread your ignorance, and other people just like you could post a link to your crap to back up their own ignorant arguments. Does that make sense to you?

Let me just clarify for everyone else that I don't think all of Wikipedia is crap, but that it just has no scientific value if it can be changed by anyone out there regardless of his/her qualifications.

ok Mr. Anthropolog... What's written on wikipedia are the results of some anthropologic researchs not a movie scenario... 

Edited by Attila
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 17:07

ok Mr. Anthropolog... What's written on wikipedia are the results of some anthropologic researchs not a movie scenario... 

Oh really? And you were there when all these anthropologists made their entries into Wikipedia? Are you the self-appointed "Wikipedia Quality Control Agent?" I'll say it again: Anyone can make entries into Wikipedia and there is no quality control. Just accept it without making yourself more ridiculous any further.

Mustafa

Edited by Mustafa
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 17:09
tru dat
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 20:39

Originally posted by Chono

These some uzbeks and kirgiz, know nothing, have done nothing, don't possess even elementary skills of politeness, still maintain decades old soviet-fascist attitudes and think that's the very height of being civilized. Trying to deny that their very history has been shaped by mongols. Starting from Uzbek khan and Sheiban down to Tamerlane and Babur all had mongol blood, Tamerlane had slanted eyes, and this uzbek talking like this? Rediculous.

soviet facist attitudes ? God!!! well,aren't you mongolian infulenced by russian?  i have some mongolian friends from outer mongolia ,they speak russian to each other ,not mongolian ,look at your country ,a morden city of mongolia is greatly influnced by russia ! Chono ,you should be an comedian actor in Hollywood!

SORRy ,Chingis han's time is over !!!!you mongolian are able to fight ,very good fighter ,this is true !but you guys don't have the ability to shape a culture or a society ,got it?look at your religion ,you got it from tibeten ,look at your scripture is baseed on uyghur ,see! what you leave in central asia ! nothing!you'd better not talk about civilization !!!!!! it is not fit for neither ancient mongolian or nowdays mongol!

yes,Timarlane has mongol blood!!!!!!!that can explain why he killed so many people in persia! 

I have apologized for what I talked about your people's eyes,but i don't mean to insult you people !! but personly ,I really don't like that kind of eyes,! I am sorry !

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 20:51

Originally posted by Attila

The Oghuz Turks are Turks from Turkey, Azerbadjan, Turkmenistan, Northern Cyprus and the Turkmens of Northern Iraq. 

Because the Oghuz Turks are considered as Caucausid_Europid racialy. That means non-Oghuz Turks such as Kazakhs, Uigurs, Tajiks and Kirgizs have more mongolid genes and background than the Oghuz Turks.

the oghus turks above you listed ,it is only lingual classification ! not ethnically!

GOD! tajik is a turkicfied persian ! nonsense you are talking about,they are real caucasian in central asia!! uyhgur is between persian and central asian ! kazak indeed look more like mogolian!

Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 21:05
haha,  mustafa you can really rip people's arguements apart, nice job, its fun to read your stuff...even though i don't really understand since i know nothing about central asia
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 21:06

There is a HUGE Uzbek Minority there (over 1 million people), but the Tajiks themselves are neither culturally nor linguistically Turks. . Second, we discussed SEVERAL TIMES above WHY Kazaks, Uigurs etc. have more east asian genes than Turks in Turkey.

[/QUOTE]

Mr mustafa  ! tajik in central asia are not turks in deed ,they are persian ,but culturely ,they lost everything they have ! they keep the language though! but you know ,Uzbek and uyhgur langauge has al ot of words form persian ! and they get maried with uzbek and uyhgur ! why don't just call them turks!!!!they controled by uzbek too long time !!

where do you get the concultion that uyhgur look like mongolian ,have you ever been there before?have you seen the uyhgur image in this forum!have you seen their eyes ?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 23:46

My heavens!!!This topic is too hot!!!
But I will Start with History:

Originally posted by Alparslan

I think even the name Bavaria (Avaria) in Germany may be a heritage of them.

Bavaia has got its name from a germanic tribe which named Bavarian.The name Bavaria as a place has been mentioned in 480 A.D. and at that time there was no Avars in Europe.

We dig in more and we saw that Selchuk Beg, the founder of Selchuks who will be the first known Turks came to Anatolia from the east was the son of one of the commanders of Khazar Kagan, has accepted Islam in Cend, Iran in 985

Seljuq (Saljuqh) was son of Doqaq(Doqhaqh)one of the leading persons (or leader) of Qniq tribe one of the tribes of Oghuz federations.No source has mentioned any relationship between Seljuq ,Duqaq and Khazars.

Second Cend(jand actually) was not in Iran, It was near Arla sea near Khwarazm kingdom.

His sons name were Mikhail, Israil showing a big possibility that he was a Jews. (Khazars were a Turkic tribe forming the western edge of Kokturk Empire who were accepted Judaism. 

first:having jewish names does not necessirily indicate they were jew.
Second:Every Turkic jew was not necesserily a Khazar
Third : Do you know How Khazars accepted Judaism?Babel and Iran were one of the centres of judaism in the dawn of middle ages.from there two branch of jewish migration begunne from the cacausus and one from Transoxiana along the Seyr Darya.
Finding jewish names between Oghuz or other eastern turkish tribes is linked with jewish migration along the transoxiana, and these names could be because of culturallinks not just religous matters.

It is tought that Eastern Europes Jews have Khazar and so Turkic origin. If you watch Discovery Channel you will see Karaim Turks Jews who were living in Lithuania and Poland speaking Turkish and they are caucausoid. It seems like they are the latest one who remember their roots but we see Turkish in the surnames of many East European (Askhenazi) surnames.) I have written this to indicate how this issues are complicated.

Actually you must say that:
It was thaught in Soviet schools that:
Eastern Europes Jews have Khazar and so Turkic origin.

This is an absolute propaganda which invented by soviets and have no scientific base.majority of Eastern European jews are Ashkenazi and they Are Franco-German jews that during middle ages migrated to eastern Europe.
Yiddish (their national language)does not have any turkish or even slavic term.It is a Gemanic language with some Hebric words.

Karaim turks spoke a dialect of kipchak turkish and most of them like other kipchaks have cacausoid features.In Ankara (Old Galathia) and in Izmir (Old Smirna)too there are also many people with Nordic features.I think you must find some link with Celts or Germans in Central Asia also.

About the surnames I am sure you could find many turkish words.I bet you I will find many Persian or Arabic words too.There may be from Bantu language also.It is easy,just pick up a word play with it(this sound change to this sound ) and then say that this word remind me from that word that my grandmother used.

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2005 at 07:53

At first I have to ask a few questions about you after your comments:

Originally posted by mustafa

Heck, it's even not all that easy for someone from Istanbul to learn the "real" Turkish that was spoken (and is still spoken) in Anatolia before that so calld "language reform" in Turkey. Istanbul Turkish and the "real" Turkey Turkish even have different grammar and words..

Are you Turkish? Are you Muslim?

If so, I am sorry but you are getting misinformation about the subject. Language reform has done in the area of literature and education to eliminate Persian and Arabic influences on Turkish. So that daily used spoken Turkish has started to be used in those areas. In fact by doing so the ordinary people in Anatolia could use easier than before its own language.

Istanbul Turkish and Turkey Turkish do not have different grammar and there is not something like real Turkish. This is an artificial thing. In every country there is main accent which is used as basic such as London English or Paris French. This is related with the locations literature, cultural, demographic and scientific properties.

I don't think you have *any* idea what I am talking about. I am not talking about girls from Turkey but Turkic people in general and their origins. Read the posts above carefully and you might figure it out.

Well you are still resisting on despite many sources given to you. If you want an origin you can start from Africa since all scientific research have shown that homo sapiens are originated from Africa. The place that you like to decide, as this is the origin of this human group can only be a scientific fact (if it really is) for a limited period of time since people are moving, interacting and even genetically changing during time. 

I am again repeating that the issues on origin, homeland, urheimat or whatever you call of all language groups, or nations is a matter of debate in academic circles. It is still a matter of discussion that if Ural-Altai is a single group or not. Korean and Japanese are two new languages, which have been seen similarities with Altaic languages. 

According to Miller, proto-Altai language has roots in West Siberian steppes on the north, Caspian Sea on the west and Altai mountains on the east before 7000 years ego. Proto Altaic people have been moved towards east to Altai region and they split up two as west and east. Western group has formed proto-Turkish. Famous Turkolog Nemeth put the area from the east of Urals till Altais. Menges put it even west.

Actually, they probably are very similar. Germanic people have been a very homogeneous society, although recently that might be changing.

You know this change since it you see it, you lived it. But historically speaking it is very dubious that they are very homogeneous society since they are mixed with Celts, Latins, Slavs, Uralics and even may be with other Asians such as Turkics.

I lived in Germany for most of my life and know Germany's and Europe history very well. Since these people were sedentary they would not leave their villages and settlements pretty much all their lives.

Your life span is beyond our scope when it is talked about thousands of years. Being sedentary doesnt mean that they did not move anywhere and others did never get in touch with them. Our knowledge about Germans starts with when Romans get into contact with them and put their observations on paper. We do not have enough info about them before. But after this we know that they went from Africa to Crimea and at last to America. So they were moving. We know that they are racially Nordic but they have clear, now and before, non-nordic element inside their society.

Plus...with Turks we are talking about mixture between caucasians and asians. In Central Europe it would just be different tribes of caucasians and it would not make such a huge difference on their genotype and phenotype.

I cannot understand your point. What is the difference between the two. Mixing is mixing. They are both homo sapiens at the end. Moreover you cannot assume that being caucasian is an European property since they were coming from Asia. What is the importance if there is not a difference on their gene and phenotype or not? We are talking about a different thing.

It is me who is saying that Turks are a sum of people both Caucasian and Mongoloid. The difference between us is that you are saying that Turks were Mongoloids even in 1683 at the siege of Vienna (how did you get it. It is a mistery though) but suddenly changed to caucasoid until the invention of photograph machine. And I am opposing by saying that Turks has gained caucasoid features during their long journey to Anatolia without denying the fact that they have also mixed with Byzantine Greeks, Armenians, Serbians, native Anatolians. So my objection to you is not related with some nationalistic stance or opinions. Plus we can not even know if the very first Altaic speaking peoples were Mongoloids or not.

My points are:

1)      Chinese chronicles

2)      There are both Caucasoid and Mongoloid skeletons in Altai and other parts of Central Asia. They are all my ancestors. Especially Tocharians. There are lots of common words in Turkish and Tocharian. I do not care about the very very beginning first Altaic speaking people 7 or 6 thousands year ego.

3)      I am looking at western Turks which are Anatolian Turks, Azeris of Azerbaycan, Azeris of Iran, Turks of Caucasia, Crimean Tatars, Baskurts of Russia, Gagauzs of Moldova, Karaim Jews, Turks of Balkans (millions in Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia etc) and some who stayed in Central Asia showing caucasoid features such as Uighurs were all caucasoid. There is a reality on me. I am seeing it. But you are claiming that they were Mongoloids and by mixing with native population they have changed to caucasoid. And they have adopted their languages. Well but we are talking about a huge population. How a group of warriors could achieve to convert all these population and they have started to talk Turkish?

4)      I am looking at Turcoman yoruks in Anatolia assuming that they may be the closest Turks who came to Anatolia at the beginning. They were not Mongoloids moreover there are many blonds. 

5)      I am looking at Alevis in Anatolia assuming that they may be the closest Turks who came to Anatolia at the beginning. Especially Alevi dedes have a long family track showing their roots in Khorasan. They were not Mongoloids but some of them have Turanian features.

6)      Language is a very important aspect in identifying ones identity. Even if from Iran to Russia and to Anatolia Mongoloid Turks have mixed with locals and changed their languages it means that todays Turks are this and they are not the same as 2000 years ego. So what? We are still Turks and we are still carrying something from Mongoloid Turks.

7)      There is social theory of assimilation of conquerors. If a group of people who conquered another country by only warriors or without a mass migration they are assimilated inside the main group. Since the language is learnt from mother. A small group of nomad warriors can not convert a huge geography. This is beyond the scope of logic, science and this has never seen during history.  

I know some chinese people personally who have pretty light brown hair with an asian face and they are not mixed with caucasians.

How do you know it? I want to remind you that some Turco/Mongol tribes had also ruled China and entered inside of it.

If Turks, assuming they were originally asian, which makes total sense by the way, had mixed with Koreans, you would not consider Turks a "mixed population" today. So the comparison with a "mixed" German population is like comparing apples with oranges.

You are seeing Asians as a different race. It must be a result of living in Germany. Indo-Europeans were Asians too I am not seeing differences between humans they are both homo sapiens. From that perspective we can say that there is no mixed society.  

--All caucasian people and all sedentary people. See above. Plus, the Maurs that conquered half of spain back then are probably, at least to a degree if not fully, genetic descendants of tribes like the Vandals that migrated to North Africa from Northern Europe and probably mixed with the original population.

Oh! No!!!!!!!!  This was terrible. You have educated in Europe I think.

Since when are Uighurs part of the Oguz? Since when are Tocharians even Turkic? Since when are Sakas Turkic? Persians? Mongols? I hope you were just enumarating the different peoples that *might* have mixed with the turks instead of implying that the poepl ementioned int he parantheses are Oghuz.

Turks who came to Anatolia and to west was a group of people composing from those people. This is very simple. 

Edited by Alparslan
Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Chono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2005 at 08:47
Originally posted by perdon

Originally posted by Chono

These some uzbeks and kirgiz, know nothing, have done nothing, don't possess even elementary skills of politeness, still maintain decades old soviet-fascist attitudes and think that's the very height of being civilized. Trying to deny that their very history has been shaped by mongols. Starting from Uzbek khan and Sheiban down to Tamerlane and Babur all had mongol blood, Tamerlane had slanted eyes, and this uzbek talking like this? Rediculous.

soviet facist attitudes ? God!!! well,aren't you mongolian infulenced by russian?  i have some mongolian friends from outer mongolia ,they speak russian to each other ,not mongolian ,look at your country ,a morden city of mongolia is greatly influnced by russia ! Chono ,you should be an comedian actor in Hollywood!

SORRy ,Chingis han's time is over !!!!you mongolian are able to fight ,very good fighter ,this is true !but you guys don't have the ability to shape a culture or a society ,got it?look at your religion ,you got it from tibeten ,look at your scripture is baseed on uyghur ,see! what you leave in central asia ! nothing!you'd better not talk about civilization !!!!!! it is not fit for neither ancient mongolian or nowdays mongol!

yes,Timarlane has mongol blood!!!!!!!that can explain why he killed so many people in persia! 

I have apologized for what I talked about your people's eyes,but i don't mean to insult you people !! but personly ,I really don't like that kind of eyes,! I am sorry ! 

My silly uzbek perdon,  what you leave in central asia: why do you think kirgiz came to Tian Shan? How did nations like kazakhs and tatars came to be? Why are you people called uzbek anyway? I think we've been shaping enough cultures and societies over there.

And why did you think your mongolian friends were talking in russian to each other? They know you don't understand mongolian. This is called being polite. A quality which you obviously lack, as you've been demonstrating here. Your perception of "civilization" is incredibly soviet-style, which is the 180 degree opposite of it's real meaning.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2005 at 09:58
Originally posted by Mustafa

Ok. If you really think that this site is only related to the decisions of some european that are trying to show Turks as "Caucasian", it won't dissappoint me since your ideas about the assimilation of all anatolian nations by a group of wariors of a tribe. But to remind you about something is my mission:

Where did the women, children of Oghuz from "Oghuz Steppes"-between Aralsea and Caspian Sea- go??? Did they dissappear after the conquest of modern Turkey and the Mongol invasion??? Absolutely NO... Even in the Ottoman period until the war of Ankara with Timur ( also to remind you- Timur was Turkic and he wasn't totally mongoloid, he looked much Caucasian! ) the REAL OGHUZ migrated from these steppes to Anatolia and most, about %90, of Oghuz population remained in Ottoman terrattorries, mostly Anatolia since the Manzikert war- EVEN BEFORE IT with the huge migrations of Oghuz tribe and other Turkic tribes- Pecheneks,...- to Anatolia.

And do you really believe was Anatolia had a worthy number of "NATIVES"? No man... These lands were not like Wild West, the conquerers killing the "poor" natives. The population of the nations living "around" anatolia can't be even compared to the Turkish migrated... And after the migration a part of them left Anatolia and migrated to middle east and northern caucasia... And you know what? Even for a very non-nationalist Anatolian "native" wouldn't make intermarriage with a mongoloid easily! Also there were some cultural issues. For example the "yrks" and Alevis didn't accept mixing with these people, and most of the central Anatolia was even without a worthy populatio- except some villages in eastern anatolia...

Also about the origins and migration of nomad Turks... I offer you to read my "linked site" once, and then search more about this topic. Because as everyone knows, the Origins of Turks can only really be seen in ancient chinese writings...

"The original homeland of the Oguz, like other Turks, was the general Ural-Altay region of Central Asia known as Turkistan or Turan, which has been the domain of Turkic peoples since antiquity. Although their mass-migrations from Central Asia occurred from the 9th century onwards, they were present in areas west of the Caspian Sea centuries prior, although smaller in numbers and perhaps living with other Turks. For example, the Book of Dede Korkut which is the historic epic of the Oguz Turks was written in Azerbaijan in the 6th and 7th century.

According to many historians, the usage of the word "Oguz" is dated back to the advent of the Huns (220 BC). The title of "Oguz" (Oguz Khan) was given to Mete, the founder of the Hun empire, which is often considered the first Turkic political entity in Central Asia.

Also in the 2nd century BC, a Turkic tribe called "O-kut" who were described as Huns (referred to as Hsiung-Nu or "colored-eyed people" in Chinese sources) were mentioned in the area of Tarbogatain, in present-day southern Kazakstan. It must be noted that the Greek sources used the name Oufi (or Ouvvi) to describe the Oguz Turks, a name they had also used to describe the Huns centuries earlier."

There is a different problem now. The historians... Do you think they are pure as the spoon exitted from milk?( You know this term better ) NO!

They also have some missions like the people always trying to show Turks as "central asians uncivilisized barbarians"! Yeah, maybe they know some truth about us and dont want to share it! I don't want to get in this topic very much but I only want to inform you about that. Please, please dont read everything the Western historicians write as truth! Because we gave them the chance to write our history according to their will, we made a Huge MISTAKE! - propoganda

Maybe because of your American Westerisized lifestyle, you are unable to see the truth... But the history of mankind is up to the hands of the enemies sons of the people who occupy history. If you really want to know the truth, dont take the son of enemy like a brother, and believe him...

Edited by Oguzoglu
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2005 at 10:26
Originally posted by Turk

Originally posted by azimuth

well i mentioned that it is not logic

that was how arabs thought long time ago and still think of turks

corrected.

It's sickening how some people manipulate religion to make other Muslims believe something when they are really just preaching their own culture (I'm referring to the author of that article you read).

your correction was Not fare

That how some people thought of turkish longtime ago  <-- this is better

and Ibn Katheer is a very respected source

he collect informations and usually dont put his own opinions if the subject not worth discussing.

and he mention if the source is weak or not approved or from an isreali source or a Myth...

his work like an Encyclopedia which looks at history from all sides like religion, myth and science..

everything he wrote has a source where he got it from and how accurate that can be. 

and that was 700 years ago

Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 00:01

Hi Murph,

Glad you're enjoying the show.   But remember, it always takes at least two to run the program. If people here were not coming up with the most ridiculous arguments to behin with there would be no arguments to rip apart. So, you have to be partly thankful to the people that have been frustrating the heck out of me with their baseless nonsense statements.

You knowing nothing about central asia is probably much better than some people here spreading misinformation and propaganda.

Mustafa

Originally posted by Murph

haha,  mustafa you can really rip people's arguements apart, nice job, its fun to read your stuff...even though i don't really understand since i know nothing about central asia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>