Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 11:52

Since 1200s,"thanks" to ottomans,we have all mixed with arabs,greeks,persians

If YOU are mixed with them, Ottomans arent the ones to blame, but your ancestors' being international casanovas.

even with BEDUOINS

You are the first Turk to claim beduin ancestry. Of course if the anti-secularists dont consider themselves so...

WE anatolian Turks really dont look like our ancestors

Do you have their pics? If not, you dont make sense...

you can see such Turks around northwestern Black-sea cities

What's special with northwestern Black sea coasts?

pure Mongoloid Turkmen (if such thing exists),

I guess no, even if it does, such people never arrived at Anatolia.

and Thrace

I believe you exaggerate the amount of Balkan mixing in Turkey. People with "part" Balkan ancestry who were Anatolians in origin, later settled by Ottomans in Balkans and returned to Turkey after the lost of Balkans, just occupy about %8 of our current population.

The population of Anatolia was 13 million after the WWI, 1,5 million Greeks included.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 15:46
Originally posted by Attila2

Hi all,

I haver to say just one thing.

Since 1200s,"thanks" to ottomans,we have all mixed with arabs,greeks,persians,Kurds and thanx to Yavuz Sultan Selim,even with BEDUOINS!

Our ancestors had slanted eyes,straight hair,large head,mid-framed body and Dead-white skin

But its too rare to come across a turk showing those properties in Turkey.

Maybe you can see such Turks around northwestern Black-sea cities

I think you are insulting your own ancestors here: obviously you do look like your ancestors but your ancestors weren't exclussively nor majoritarily pure Mongoloid Turkmen (if such thing exists), but rather diferent peoples, mostly local from Anatolia and Thrace, that eventually decided to become Turks.

I personally think that was a wise integration policy of Turks, else there would maybe be no Turk identity at all today in Turkey - just look at South Africa and what segregation has done to Afrikaaners: they have become an isolated minority in a country that is not theirs anymore. If they would have mixed freely, maybe all South Africans would feel themselves Afrikaaner now - though obviously they wouldn't look Dutch anymore.

Anyhow, I think you have to accept the richness that comes with a variety of origins and that doesn't mean that you should feel less Turk for that. Just quit thinking in "race" terms: it is much more healthy.  We are all product of a complex history.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
ScythianEmpire View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ScythianEmpire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 09:11

Originally posted by Alparslan

Well, everybody very well know that Persians have much darker skinned and they have different type of people. They look like Indians, Pakistanis and Gypsies.

Pakistanis, even Indians arent a homogenous racial group. Indians are a different set of people to Pakistanis. There are one or two provinces in Pakistan that share a common ancestry with North Indian people (Punjab and Sindh), the remainder (Balochis and Pathans) are generally physically and culturally distinct from Indians and from the rest of Pakistan

Edited by ScythianEmpire
Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 06:24

Hi all,

I haver to say just one thing.

Since 1200s,"thanks" to ottomans,we have all mixed with arabs,greeks,persians,Kurds and thanx to Yavuz Sultan Selim,even with BEDUOINS!

Our ancestors had slanted eyes,straight hair,large head,mid-framed body and Dead-white skin

But its too rare to come across a turk showing those properties in Turkey.

Maybe you can see such Turks around northwestern Black-sea cities

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 09:42

Sharmin Shahrivar is the girl on the right, not the left.

Your blog is full of misinformation and you really don't know what you're talking about.

You can find those "Nordic" "Persians" among any ethnic group in Iran, and in their family (parents brothers sisters or more distant family), I can guarantee that there will be many members with a normal Iranian complexion and/or the eyelid folds.

And you have ex Pres Khatami as a Turco-Persian. THE MAN IS FROM YAZD!!!  Where Iran's biggest pre Islamic Zaroastrian community resides.

Edited by Zagros
oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 02:55

oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 02:49

Originally posted by oslonor

Young children of Turkashvand tribe in Khuzestan
Qashqai girl from Fars
These people are Persian looking even if they speak turkish. Qashqaii live in Fars province in Iran. The real turks live in Azerbaijan.

Well, everybody very well know that Persians have much darker skinned and they have different type of people. They look like Indians, Pakistanis and Gypsies.

Those Turkish children from Iran resemble Anatolian Turks. We came from Iran and from Russian steppes to Anatolia.

There is not something that may be called as "real Turk". This is very racist point of view. People, nations are changing during time. But we know and observe is that today's Azeris, Anatolian Turks, some Iranian Turks, some Turkmens, some Uzbeks, Crimean Tatars, Tatars, Balkan Turks are very similar to each others. They are not Mongols but they have mixed with Mongols to some extent.

I am not talking about anatolian turks who are mixed with Balkans and Greeks and others. I am talking about Azeris. They have a different phenotype from Persians.  I have a blog that describes these differences. You can visit my blog here:
http://oslonor.blogspot.com

oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 02:46

Qashqai girl from Fars

These people are Persian looking even if they speak turkish. Qashqaii live in Fars province in Iran. The real turks live in Azerbaijan.

Those Turkish children from Iran resemble Anatolian Turks. We came from Iran and from Russian steppes to Anatolia.

There is not something that may be called as "real Turk". This is very racist point of view. People, nations are changing during time. But we know and observe is that today's Azeris, Anatolian Turks, some Iranian Turks, some Turkmens, some Uzbeks, Crimean Tatars, Tatars, Balkan Turks are very similar to each others. They are not Mongols but they have mixed with Mongols to some extent.

I am not talking about anatolian turks who are mixed with Balkans and Greeks and others. I am talking about Azeris. They have a different phenotype from Persians.  I have a blog that describes these differences. You can visit my blog here:
http://oslonor.blogspot.com
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2005 at 07:57

Originally posted by Herschel

I love how people are quick to point out a person of turkic or middle-eastern background with blue eyes or light hair. All it proves is that an extremely slight amount of a few genes happen to exist in an unusual place. Heck, I have blue eyes and very light-brown hair, but I'm Irish/Norwegian. My parents have blue eyes and light brown hair. I've seen black people with blue eyes, but it doesn't mean they aren't of African decent. Likewise, it doesn't mean that Truks aren't of Mongoloid decent.

You'll find it is mostly Europeans (of the ethnocentric/racist type) who point out middle easterners with fair features, case in point above.

Edited by Zagros
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2005 at 07:38
Originally posted by Herschel

I love how people are quick to point out a person of turkic or middle-eastern background with blue eyes or light hair. All it proves is that an extremely slight amount of a few genes happen to exist in an unusual place. Heck, I have blue eyes and very light-brown hair, but I'm Irish/Norwegian. My parents have blue eyes and light brown hair. I've seen black people with blue eyes, but it doesn't mean they aren't of African descent. Likewise, it doesn't mean that Truks aren't of Mongoloid decent.

Original Turks were probably Mongolid but as they advanced in Central Asia and other regions they got difussed among already existing populations. The particular case of Central Asia with a low density of population makes it easier for some major population changes, but, even in this case, up to a point. Central Asia was probably a mixed Mongoloid/Caucasoid area before Turks arrived.

When you talk of serious genetics, you don't follow the arbitrary American rule of "one drop of blood is enough" - actually, one drop means nothing. What matters is the vast majority, as we all are mixed in one way or another.

Just look to how common is partial eyelid fold among Nordics.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2005 at 06:06

ohh blue eyes in Iran are common I admit, dark skinned persians are not that common, even in the old days. However it doe snot mean that all persians are Nordic, the Nordic peoples weren't the olnly ones who had blonde hair or blue eyes, you make it seem as only the Nordic peoples can have this feature, how about the various types of black people, I have seen in the Solomon Island black people with brown eyes and blonde hair, does that mean they are nordic? ps no nordic peoples ever got there and they have been isolated genetically for almost 40,000 years only mixing is with the Lapida culture......

Persians are not Nordic regardless of similarities, there are africans with straigh noses and some with flat ones, this does not mean they are the same just cause they are black.... Sheesh you think all white people mus be the same then

Never under estimate the predictablity of stupidity! - Bullet Tooth Tony
Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Herschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 21:45
I love how people are quick to point out a person of turkic or middle-eastern background with blue eyes or light hair. All it proves is that an extremely slight amount of a few genes happen to exist in an unusual place. Heck, I have blue eyes and very light-brown hair, but I'm Irish/Norwegian. My parents have blue eyes and light brown hair. I've seen black people with blue eyes, but it doesn't mean they aren't of African decent. Likewise, it doesn't mean that Truks aren't of Mongoloid decent.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 14:33
Yes, plus the fact that human types ("races" or "subraces") have nothing to do with nationality or etnicity, they are mostly a product of prehistory. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 14:31

Bullsh*t is the word, he KNOWS better, but I don't expect anything less from his type.

Edited by Zagros
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 14:13

Apparently not everyone. I have lived for 6 months in Iran and I can say that Alpaslan's quote is bullsh*t! Persians look like the Mediterranean type of people, nothing to do with Indians or Gypsies (who originate from India in any way)

No comments on comments on "racial purity"... it's clear that they're ridiculous...

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 13:59

Qashqai girl from Fars

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 12:43
Originally posted by Mortaza

As a racial purity, we cannot find much unmixed Turk, if there is any.

Nor can we find pure Persians.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 11:37

As a racial purity, we cannot find much unmixed Turk. If there is any.

This real turk thing is realy boring.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 02:14
oslonor wrote:
"These people are Persian looking even if they speak turkish. Qashqaii live in Fars province in Iran. The real turks live in Azerbaijan."

What do you mean real turk? One must be careful and try to distinguish between the linguistic/cultural affinities and any descriptions about race/genetics.
Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 23:58

No, even that is not true, and we have some mix with persians, (tats, talish) there many little nations that they're old albanian (quba-khinali village) or caucasian, but 90 % of generation is turkish

I have a girlfriend from Turkmenistan

Blond hair, blue eye
This is also teorem of real Altaic turk

But i do not know has it any connections with aryans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>