Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistan and ancient Persian empires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pakistan and ancient Persian empires
    Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 00:21
Originally posted by TeldeInduz

As for Eastern Baloch and Eastern Pashtuns, you're right, they're not Indians, they're Pakistani.

Wrong, they are afghans-iranians 
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 02:28
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Originally posted by TeldeInduz

As for Eastern Baloch and Eastern Pashtuns, you're right, they're not Indians, they're Pakistani.

Wrong, they are afghans-iranians 

It must be great to post without having the slightest knowledge of linguistical or ethnic groups. Pashtuns/Afghans are an ethnic group and Eastern Pashtuns are Pakistani. Eastern Balochis are an ethnic group that are Pakistani. Iranian is a citizen of Iran, Iranic is a linguistical group of people that speak Iranic languages. This makes Pashtuns in the East Pakistani people with an Iranic language, and Balochi people also Pakistani people with an Iranic language.
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 03:03
Trying to hide the truth behind illogical large worded vocalbulary does not make things different. The Afghans & The Balooch are different from the Indian Sindh & Punjab which is Pakistan
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 03:08
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Trying to hide the truth behind illogical large worded vocalbulary does not make things different. The Afghans & The Balooch are different from the Indian Sindh & Punjab which is Pakistan

LOL Sindhis are also different to Punjabis, who are also different to the majority of Indians. Baloch are different to Sindhis and are different to Persians, Afghans likewise. But parts of all these groups are Pakistani, which is a multi ethnic country.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 06:15
Multi ethnic off course, that is one quality of its parent which it cannot shave off, illogical theorization of yours truly notwithstanding. But the rest is rest off course. Pak is a small breakaway part of India which was again broken up to be tamed (learnt to live with it) & still cribbing about some break ups, time will be the biggest healing factor untill East germany or Vietnam happens.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 14:59
Yes pakistan is a breakaway part of the hermetically sealed ethnically homogenous country called India where everyone looks exactly the same, speaks the same language, eats the same food and follows the same religion. And people like Vivek love pakistan so much that they want to remind us of this little fact every opportunity they get.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 23:20
No people ike Vivek are the ones who adhere the the Akhud BharRAT theory. Which is only slightly less plausible than the theroies that Aliens made the pyramids and the George Bush had a brain.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 23:50
No Sparten, some steps have already been taken in that regard, successfully. Try to guess !!!!
Rasoolpuri View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Rasoolpuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 12:19
    Indeed once Pakistan area from left of sindh river was part of some old Irainian empires but this area is originally and indpendent area from the civilization of Harappa.In its nature it is not part of India .In the period of Kanshka this area was part of non-indian kushans.
Rasoolpuri View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Rasoolpuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 12:32
   There was no victory of Alexander (the great ?)in north-west area of south asia (now in Pakistan) on porus .It was compromise between two great kings .Alexander restored his state and Porus supported in other batteles .

Alexander was beatten badly in the of Multan.He was injured seriously .He returned after this battle and deid in Iraq due to his poisoned injuries.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 15:34
No it was not the poisoned arrow that killed him. He recovered from the poisoned arrow that some kid shot him with in Multan but after recovering he told half his army to sail around Iran and took the other half and walked across Iran. It was during this walk that almost half his army died in the desert. He could not have been that weak from the arrow if he survived that. But yes its true, a paki came the closest to killing Alexander than anyone else in the world did. 
northpakistani View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote northpakistani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 23:48

Yes, punjabis are punjabis and Sindhis are Sindhis.

One cannot necessarily assume their mixed "half half" with Indian blood! Please, Punjabi's have a different look than typical Indian's, big time!
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

-- Albert Einstein
northpakistani View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote northpakistani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 23:56

Vivek, it would be a good idea if you pay a visit to Pakistan, please visit Punjab, and Sindh, so you can see the difference.

Edited by northpakistani - 02-Apr-2007 at 23:59
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

-- Albert Einstein
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 16:30
i disagree with you some people here, punjabis and sindhis have very much commen with indians and also true is they have mixed with persians and afghans over many years. I guess punjab is a region where cultures of hindu india and cultures of persians mixed. i have seen a lot of punjabis that look very dark, i would say half of punjabis actually have darker skin and yes the other half have lighter skin like persians and afghans. The truest answer is they are a mixed race.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 17:10
Originally posted by Kashmiri

i disagree with you some people here, punjabis and sindhis have very much commen with indians and also true is they have mixed with persians and afghans over many years. I guess punjab is a region where cultures of hindu india and cultures of persians mixed. i have seen a lot of punjabis that look very dark, i would say half of punjabis actually have darker skin and yes the other half have lighter skin like persians and afghans. The truest answer is they are a mixed race.

Punjabis and Sindhis are linguistically and even racially (or ethnically) different.. Punjabis are not essentially Persian or Indian, though there is mixing as within any ethnic group within the region. The Punjabi is not some mongrel breed as your suggesting..Punjabis have their own ethnical foundation that has mixing from the surrounding ethnicities. Punjabis are different to Sindhis in the way they speak, their traditions, their looks arent easy to tell apart in all cases, but they do have a set look, just as the Indian Tamil has a set look, or the East Indian Bengali has a set look. That look is in no way "Indian" in the slightest. Perhaps the difference between a Punjabi and a Sindhi isnt as great as a South Indian Tamil and a Northwest Indian Punjabi, but there is still a difference between the two areas. The difference is roughly the same as that of a Kashmiri and a Punjabi in appearance, and of course Northern Punjabis are pretty much indistinguishable from Kashmiris as you'd expect. Your view is limited to colour, with the belief that any colour in between the two shades either side must be mixed, and that those shades themselves are not mixed, which is just a load of baloney.

Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 17:17
ofcourse yes there is different between punjabis and sindhis i am not denying that, but i am talking about what northpakistani and some other people said that punjabis and sindhis  have nothing to do with indians that is not true.  they have a lot to do with indian and indian culture.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 17:35

ofcourse yes there is different between punjabis and sindhis i am not denying that, but i am talking about what northpakistani and some other people said that punjabis and sindhis  have nothing to do with indians that is not true.  they have a lot to do with indian and indian culture.

No they dont. Culturally India is predominantly Hindu, Sindhis are Muslim, Punjabis in Pakistan are Muslim. That's a completely different culture. Punjabi versus Sindhi is also a different culture.

Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 18:22
dude i am talking about race wise not cultural or religious wise, punjabis are more indian then they are persian. i am from kashmir and i even dont deny that atleast half of my genes are indians, rest could a mixed bag from persia or central asia same could go for punjabis. The punjab region has been part of india through out the ages rather then persia, only western half of pakistan could be considered more persian then indian.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 18:33

dude i am talking about race wise not cultural or religious wise, punjabis are more indian then they are persian. i am from kashmir and i even dont deny that atleast half of my genes are indians, rest could a mixed bag from persia or central asia same could go for punjabis. The punjab region has been part of india through out the ages rather then persia, only western half of pakistan could be considered more persian then indian.

where do you get the figure half your genes are Indian from? Punjab region has not been part of Northeast, Central or South India throughout the ages (a bit central India, but because Punjab was under the same ruler as Uttar Pradesh, this didn't suddenly change their genes so that someone from Uttar Pradesh is genetically similar to someone from Punjab). what Persian influence is there in the Western half of Pakistan?

Edited by TeldeInduz - 03-Apr-2007 at 19:19
K. V. Ramakrishna Rao View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 20:18
I feel most of the points appearing here have already been dicussed say in "Pakistan stolen history".

As for as the study of genetic studies are concerned, it is pointed out that they are not final and therefore from which we cannot make anything final. To say that my genes contain so and so% of X and rest Y etc., again fall under the category of psuedo-science, just like racial myths and hypotheses.

Coming to Alexander, there is no historical evidence that he came to India. The "Porus medal" as pointed out by Vincent Arthur Smith clearly proves that he was critically hurt by the Indian King who depicted as sitting on the elephant and he was reportedly dead due to many reasons, which are even discussed by doctors today:

-excessive bleeding,
- fever
- mysterious disese

and so on. I do not want to go into other controversies.
History is not what was written or is written, but it is actually what had happened in the past.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>