Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedi want someone responsible to clarify this.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tipu Sultan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl
suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: i want someone responsible to clarify this.
    Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 13:35
I want to know wether i can post links of videos,documentaries,movies in this forum.
Like old movies more than 3 years old i think do not have a copy right issue and even a lot of documentaries which are old and documentaries which are not for sale but are aired on telivision,can i post them and videos of news which are available for free download on the net.
and also i would like to know under which section i post them?
thank you

salaam
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 14:04
Tipu, the three years rule might not apply to all materials. Many US produced documentaries and materials have a copy right extending tens of years. I would suggest that if the video or movie available to download or watch by the original producer, then it is a safe area to post provided that you link the producer page.
Regarding what section you can post your threads to, it is hard to give you a list of what fits in and what fits not. I would suggest you follow those two points before posting a new thread:
1- Search the website for similar threads and once you find one, just post your post under that existing thread. For instance, you would like to learn about Mehmet Ali Pasha. You enter that in the search option and you might find your answer in an older post, or you might post your contribution to that older thread and your respond will appear in the "active topics" again for other members to read your post and comment.
2- If it is a different topic not discussed before, then take your time looking into all forums and sub-forums to decide where it fits best according to the subject. This step will be easy with time as you learn the categorization of all forms here.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Earl
Earl
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 21:18
anyways thanks for the reply.tv telivision shows have a copyright issue?
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 00:28
Tipu, if you must post a link, then you should acknowledge who the copyight holder in the post. That will take care of any copyright issue. If it will be acceptable under rules at AE is a different matter.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 02:00
Links to legit movies, documentaries, or other media are perfectly fine.

Links to pirated or non-legal movies, documentaries, ebooks or other media are usually not ok. In the past we have given warnings to people who've posted links to pirated material (such as linking to a rapidshare account with Osprey books free to download).

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 02-Oct-2006 at 02:08
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 07:06
Earl
Earl
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 11:58
ok next time before posting links i will make sure wether they have a copyright issue or not.Ying Yang
 Post Reply Post Reply