Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

9 Oghuzes and Sihun Oghuzes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9 Oghuzes and Sihun Oghuzes
    Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 15:26
There existed two different groups of Oghuzes. One, the famouse 9 Oghuzes and the second ‘Sihun Oghuzes’. These two were not of the same origin.

1-Ibn-I Khurdadbe’ and ‘Khwarazmi’along with all Moslems historians stated 9 Oghuzes (Toghuz guz, to their language) and Oghuze (alghuziye) were two different societies.

2-Oghuzes inhabiting coast of river were devided to two groups. One of them ‘Boz Ok’ and the other ‘Uch Ok’. For sure, these were memorials of the core ten tribes of the Western Gok Turk (while 9 Oghuz were of the Eastern Gok Turk).

3-Among Sihun Oghuzes, Yapqu’s successors had the title Erkin. ‘Erkin’ was specific to the ‘Beyik’s related to the tribe Nu.She.Pi which was of the On Oks, living around the rivers Cho and Talas.

4-The Qaghan of the Western Gok Turks sent two representatives for Tıgın’s funeral, named ‘Makarach Tamqachi’ and ‘Oghuz Bilge Tamqachi’. The word ‘Oghuz’ here mentions ‘Bilge Tamqachi’s tribal relationship; as in ‘Turk Bilge Qaghan’. So, there were another <

5-The tribe names ‘Quny’ and ‘Tongro’ which were of 9 Oghuz, are not observed among Sihun Oghuz. Also, none of the 24 tribes of Sihun Oghuzes tribes appeared among 9 Oghuz.

6- There was a tribe called 'Turkmen', related to Sihun Oghuzes, who resided in Central Asia before 9 Oghuzes (Turkmenistan Turkmens) entered the area.

Edited by gok_toruk - 15-Feb-2007 at 06:09
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 15:27

As Qashqary believed, Sihun Oghuz Turkic (not 9 Oghuz) was different from that of Eastern Gok Turk and Uighurs language. Even it differed from the tribes such as ıgıl and Yaghma who were their eastern neighbors. Based on this fact, Qashqari says that among Turkic languages, the lightest would be (Sihun) Oghuz and the most correct one is Toqsı and Yaghma.

Note Qashqari doesnt mean 9 Oghuz, because:

A-     9 Oghuzs language was almost the same with Uighur. In fact, Uighurs were on of the 9 Tiele (Chinese name for 9 Oghuz).

B-      Yaghmas were one of the 9 Oghuz tribes (Hududul Alem and Gerdizi).

C-      All those example by Qashqary about Oghuz dialect difference, are specific to Anatolian dialects and Azeri, but not Turkmen.

D-      As Chinese historians mention, Western Khanates language was different from that of Easterns, and this difference was represented by (Sihun) Oghuz Turkic. In other words, (Sihun) Oghuz Turkic, was the continuation of the Wetstern Gok Turks language.

Just to add an explanation: Yaghmas who were one of the 9 Oghuz tribes, because of some inter-tribal problems, escaped 9 Oghuz and went to Qarluqs. Even for the time being, there doesnt exist any Turkmen tribe which also exists in Turkey or Azerbaican. See, there might be tat Turkmens as I told you about Awshar; but they, as themselves say, are not original Turkmens and are qyzylbashes.

6-       The tribes which had a good relationship with 9 Oghuz, were Tatars and Qitays (their neighbors and allies), Qarluqs, Uighurs and Qiptchaks. But you see, all of the above-mentined tribes were considered as Sihun Oghuzes enemies. Each of them made Sihun Oghuzes migrated from their land, at a period of time.

7-       Even Proff. Faruk Sumer stated in his famous book Oghuzlar (Oghuzes) that just an old relationship could be argued among 9 Oghuzes and Oghuzes.

Edited by gok_toruk - 08-Sep-2006 at 15:33
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 15:29

Turkmens are direcet descendants of 9 Oghuz. Theyre considered, now, the southwestern group, because of their current location. Or else, they are originally northeasterners, as Turkic inscriptions in Mongolia mentioned. Just as a note, the tribes which were considered as northern tribes (or in some places, northeasterners are 9 Oghuz, Tatars, Kurikans, Kyrkizes and Yer Bayirku. Kuriakans along with Kyrkizes were considered inside the group 30 Tatar, in Turkic inscriptions. Anyhow, although modern Turkmens are classified as southwesterners, the correct standard Turkmen language is the advanced form of Uighur (especially in pronounciation), and is of eastern origin. By saying the advanced form of Uighur, I just want to give you a concept. Turkmens grammer is much more complicated than Uighur. It has got more suffixes. Verbs have got their own severity; I mean there are different verbs to state different qualities of quantites (for to drop, weve got different positions: eperky, zyngqy, atqu, oqloqu, each of them having its own quality. Or to push ytykleky, ypyrky, sushurku). The sound system seems to be flater than Uighur. Turkmen distinguish between a long and a short vowel. Along with some other reasons, thats why there doesnt exist a Turkmen word wich might mean in two or more different ways (but consider the case for Azeri: var means both go and exists- Ozbek keche means both late; night and passing). It has preserved more of the old structure. It has got, even, some particular vocabulary and grammer which shows its similarity with old Altaic tongue (use of the proposition qa in question sentences, as in kymqa, myqa, neqa, having no open ending, and words describing mood); its proved that Oghuz Qaqa was the founder of the Hunnic empire. All I mean, is that correct standard Turkmen differs very much from Turkish or Azerbaijani. Only southern Turkmen tribes and their conversational language could be compared to Azerbaijani and Anatolian Turkic. Also, Turkish and Azeri people just cant pronounce q. Even gh is not used. Only a very very slight form of gh is used as in dagh (mountain). This is not the only difference in dialects, but one of the most important cases.

Turkish and Azeri people just cant pronounce q. Even gh is not used. Only a very very slight form of gh is used as in dagh (mountain). This is not the only difference in dialects, but one of the most important cases.

Edited by gok_toruk - 08-Sep-2006 at 15:34
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 15:30

Now, you might say Turkish people and language are similar to Turkmen. I would say, present day Turkic dialects, except for Kiptchak speaking tribes, are all intelligible for any Turkic speaker and shares many common structure and vocabulary. But, as for Turkish and Turkmen, you could only follow these similarities in southern tribes like Kkleng. But as for northern tribes (which are Mongoloid and their languages are the most correct Turkmen tongue) like Salyr and Saryq, no similarity could be traced, with Turkish and Azerbaijani.

These are the reasons I use to reach my own conclusion. See, we all know about those history books which say Turkish and Azeris are of Oghuz origin. But, which Oghuz? might be a good questions to raise.

Edited by gok_toruk - 08-Sep-2006 at 15:35
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 17:38

Turkey and Azerbaijan Turks are also "Oguz" Turks. Why is this so hard to understand, there are even the same Turkmen tribes in Turkey and Turkmenistan, who weave the same carpets, have very similar accents and tradditions.

Seljuks were Oguz, Ottomans were Oguz (Kayi), KaraKoyunlu and Akkoyunlu were Oguz, Afsharid's etc etc were Oguz. There are Salyr Turks in Turkey aswell, they have villages and preserve their customs.

The Eretna Beylik were Uygur Turks, Turks who arrived with the Timurids may have not all been "Oguz", those who arrived with the Golden Horde....

There were key periods of Turks migrations to the West from Turkistan.

1. Mass Oguz Turk migrations
2. Migrations with the Golden Horde
3. Migrations from Timurids
4. Migrations when Ottomans suffered defeat in the Kafkas, Crimea, Balkans
5. Migrations in WW1

Gok-Turuk

C-      All those example by Qashqary about Oghuz dialect difference, are specific to Anatolian dialects and Azeri, but not Turkmen.

No, this is very misleading, at the time Qashqary wrote his great literary work there were no terms as "Anatolian" or "Azeri" dialects. Anatolia had not been fully populated by Turks at the time. The Seljuks were ruling in today's Azerbaycan region and Iran these were clearly "Oguz Turks" which Qashqary clearly calls "Turkmens". Qashqary is referrring to the descendants of todays Turkmenistan, Iran Turks, Azerbaycan, Caucaus, Turkey, Balkan Turks.

See, there might be tat Turkmens as I told you about Awshar; but they, as themselves say, are not original Turkmens and are qyzylbashes.

This is also very misleading, Turkmens outside Turkmenistan especially "Alevi" in Turkey
openly state they are "Turkmens" and say they kept the culture most alive. 
They never say their not original Turkmen's they say their full original Turkmens.

The Oguz Turks that migrated to the West were a huge tribal confederacy who united
under the banner of "Oguz". 

Azerbaycan Turkish accent does have "q"-"gh" sound, so does Turkey in spoken language.

Turkmenistan Turkmen can easily be read by other "Oguz" Turkish dialect speakers. Turkey and Azerbaycan Turks Turkish is totally intellegeble as is that of the Balkans, Caucaus, Middle East. Turkmen Turkish is mutually intellegeble to Turkey and especially Azerbaycan Turks. Even Karakalpak Turkish is very similar to that spoken by Turks West of the region.

From Turkmenistan to the Balkans, most the Turks can be called "Oguz Turks"-Turkmens. They have lot's in common, obviously linguistically but also historically, and culturally. For example, "Karacaoglan Epic", Karacaoglan was an Oguz Turk who was from today's Turkmenistan, from there he migrated through Iran, Azerbaycan to Turkey. Today the epic of "Karacagolan" is loved in by Turks of all these areas and recently its four hundred year anniversary was celebrated in Turkmenistan, Turkey, Azerbaycan.

Its normal for tribes to have battles with each other, however the conclulsion of the story of the "Legendary Oguz" is that when united look what they can achieveWink
These Turk tribes united under the banner of "Oguz Turks" and became unbelievably successfull and influenced most of the known world.

Edited by Bulldog - 08-Sep-2006 at 19:16
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 18:02
What a relief! This is the start of a promising discussion. Good job guys for providing detailed info.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 08:56

Yeah, they might be of Oghuz origin,but for sure, they're not of 9 Oghuz origin. All the similarities you talk about is just among southern tribes, I told you. Do you want me to speak my own dialect, and tell me if you understand it or not, huh? A simple sentence which is also about our discussion would be: 'onno netyp nalytmaqay?'

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 09:01

There was clearly two different Oghuz groups, please read all the reasons I've written. Even at the time of Kl Tıgın Qaghan, aside from 9 Oghuzes (Turkmens), there existed another Oghuz groups I'm all talking about. Read my posts. By the way, seems like you haven't studied Qashqary well. Examples like 'barasi yer' (instead of Barqu yer), or 'ben' instead of 'men' are specific to Azeri and Anatolian Turkish. You haven't studied my posts carefully.

Ancestors of modern day Turkmens are 9 Oghuz which had the same dialect as Oghuz and close to Orkhon Turkic. See the reasons above.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 09:05

Virtually all Moslem historians state that ANY Turk who became Moslem was called Turkmen. Also, lots of people (aside from Turkmens themselves) were called by Iranians as Turkmen, just because they were NOMADS.

And one of the important part I told you about was Anatolian Turkish and Azeris have got rid of 'q' and 'gh', the most dominant consonants in Turkic language. Only some Kurds, as I know pronounce 'q'.

Instead of stating your own idea, please read all my posts carefully, line by line and find answers to my questions.

You haven't been able to defend yourself. You're just telling us how you think.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 09:11

The Turkmen language you're talking about and you think close to Anatolian and Azeri dialects are southern accents, I told you about. Note, Modern day Turkmen langauge is based on informal, CONVERSATIONAL forms of southern dialects. Northern dialects differ very much from your language. Here's some other sentences in my tongue (Salyr Turkmen):

'ongoraqay sang, etyp bylchek yanaq, tushnukluk kep ketyr ortaq. Kentyngyk qala, yoneche manga qa oylonyanyngyq ayityanchang.'

Now, tell me if you get any words and if the strucute is the same with Anatolian or Azeri Turkish. You might be right when it comes to say 'hi' and 'how are you'. But langauges are not only these cases. We do have similar parts like numbers, names of things, etc, but a lot differs when it comes to daily life and the places you happen to visit.

Edited by gok_toruk - 09-Sep-2006 at 09:16
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 09:13

Totally, so far, you haven't defended your idea and wasn't able to show I'm wrong. First, please read my posts carefully line by line and then start writing against it, if you think I'm wrong. I'm talking based on historical documents and some linguistic knowledge I've got.

See you next.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 12:23
Yeah, they might be of Oghuz origin,but for sure, they're not of 9 Oghuz origin. All the similarities you talk about is just among southern tribes

So we agree both are "Oguz Turks", your theory can be possible, afterall its after the Oguz united and became known popularly as the Legendary Oguz did they achieve such greatness.

However, the similarities are not only among the Southern tribes, there are big similarities among the Western aswell, especially in the Balkan welayet. There are areas in Turkey today called Balkan and they named South-Eastern Europe "Balkans" which is its accepted name even today.

The Kayi tribe were from this area and many similarities can be witnessed between Turkmens in the Balkan welayet today and Turks in Turkey, they also bought their Tamga with them which is also known in Turkmenistan.

Read this about the "Tahtaci Turkmens" they live in both Turkey and Turkmenistan, in Turkey they preserved their culture beautifully.

There was clearly two different Oghuz groups

Yes but they united and formed a confederation.

By the way, seems like you haven't studied Qashqary well. Examples like 'barasi yer' (instead of Barqu yer), or 'ben' instead of 'men' are specific to Azeri and Anatolian Turkish.

At Qashqary's time there were Seljuk who were Oguz Turks, there was no 
Anatolian/Azeri Turk terminologies. 

Azeri Turks say "men", also its known in Anatolian Turkish but officially its Ben.
Such variations in words should be expected due to the geographical distance 
between Turks. In England Geordies in the North have some different words, 
pronounciations and sounds than Londerners. This is normal in linguistics.

Virtually all Moslem historians state that ANY Turk who became Moslem was called Turkmen. Also, lots of people (aside from Turkmens themselves) were called by Iranians as Turkmen, just because they were NOMADS.

And one of the important part I told you about was Anatolian Turkish and Azeris have got rid of 'q' and 'gh', the most dominant consonants in Turkic language.

Yes, Turkish nomads were called "Turkmens" its also a fact that most Turks that
migrated West were "Oguz Turks".

Azeri Turks have not got rid of "q"-"gh".

The Turkmen language you're talking about and you think close to Anatolian and Azeri dialects are southern accents, I told you about. Note, Modern day Turkmen langauge is based on informal, CONVERSATIONAL forms of southern dialects.

Also Western, in Turkenistan in the North there is a Kazak Turk population and 
obviously influence from the dialect. 

That's what I've been explaining, today's Standard Turkmen can easily be read by
Azeri-Anatolian Turks. The highest populated area of Turkmenistan is the South and West. So
its natural for it to be the official standard.

If you were to hear some regional accents of Turkey you'd find it hard at first 
but after adjusting the ear it would make sense.

You haven't been able to defend yourself. You're just telling us how you think......
Totally, so far, you haven't defended your idea.....

There's no need for this, it take's away your credibility, nobody is attacking you, 
starting arguments or fights, however, your debates are always ended with aggressiveness,
attacks and trying to start an argument.

This isn't a competition, there is no such thing as a simple "right" and "wrong",
such views are not constructive, flawed and are basic. 

The only person giving subjective views is yourself, you try to disregard
known history, invent wild stories about Turkiye and Azeri Turks and attach
derrogotory terms to everyone.

Please, stop the heated comments, calm down and debate, "Oguz Turks"
have alot in common, this isn't an attack or insult, everyone here respects 
Turkmens and Turkmens are very much loved in Turkish areas West of Turkmenistan,
this isn't bad its a compliment.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 12:24
If the discussion goes that way, I will be on it too.
Goktoruk if you think mutual intelligibility of languages is a very important determiner of being a Turk, I will write a sentence in an Anatolian Turkish dialect, then we can maybe say whether you are an igi Turkmen or not.
From Notheastern Turkey:
Hachan ushaghum anca celdum, nede hmkreisun da, titizlen de usrumuza bakmasunnar , habazanda  beni  o siir edisun da!
From Northwestern Turkey:
Abe gizanim hemincine geldim ya, niye gogolanion ayağına gcen de kusrumuza bakmaalar, kimin beni ok sinir edion be.
From Southwestern Turkey:
Ya aam indicik  gedimidi, nee horrolayon, laplasana da gusrumuza galmayala, bazana beni ogh sinirletion e.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 13:28
Good info Iltrish, thanks for the contribution.

Originally posted by gok_toruk

And one of the important part I told you about was Anatolian Turkish and Azeris have got rid of 'q' and 'gh', the most dominant consonants in Turkic language. Only some Kurds, as I know pronounce 'q'.

Instead of stating your own idea, please read all my posts carefully, line by line and find answers to my questions.

You haven't been able to defend yourself. You're just telling us how you think.

NB: The q/gh sounds are native to Iranic languages (Kurdish, Persian etc). Azaries who grew up speaking Azari cannot pronounce gh when they speak Persian, they pronounce it like g. So ex. "ghaza" (food) is "gaza".
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 03:12
The name Oghuz, you know it, means 'peope, tribes'. They were consisted of 'toquz oq'. And the plural form is '9 Oghuz'. That's simple. Even the western Turks were consisted of 'on oq'. You can use 'On Oghuz' for them, also. So, necessarily 9 Oghuzes and Sihun Oghuzes were not the same soceity. By the way, even Turk Qaghan and most of historians stated they were DIFFERENT societies.

Well, the name Qazaq is a new word; but could you say their ancestors didn't exist before 1500 AD? The same applies of Seljuks. They're ancestors of today Turkish people, although the name differs.

Turkmens (9 Oghuzes) after leaving Mongolia, first arrived Kazakstan, and then Turkmenistan. And see, Kazak language's pronounciation and word structure is not the same as Turkmen. Although closer than Anatolian to Turkmen, but they can easily be distinguished. 'Qayi' is also of southern tribes. They ARE Turkmen, because (I use your own explanation you always use) they claim to be Turkmen. But the most correct Turkmen tongue today is spoken by Salyr, Saryq, Ersaris. By the way, Salyr tribe is known to be the oldest Turkmen tribe and the language is the oldest Turkmen form which I told you about it (advanced form of Uighur).These tribes has nothing to do with Kazak; cause simply their distinguished. By the way, Kazak, compared to Turkmen, have got more Arabic and Persian words. Contrary to this, Salyr has really very very few foreign words; except for words like 'salam', 'telephone' (the verb 'to telephone' is also Turkmen). By the way, the dominant language influence in central, Central Asia (southern Kazakstan, northern Turkmenistan and the place some Ozbeks live) is, if you don't know, Oghuz dialect and not Kiptchak dialect. Note I'm not talking about northern regions like Kyrkizstan.

About, 'ben' it is definately because of different geographical location. So you agree Sihun Oghuzes and 9 Oghuzes used to live in their own places and not together.

Edited by gok_toruk - 10-Sep-2006 at 03:47
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 03:17
Yes, immigrants to Anatolia was mostly of Oghuz tribes, but Sihun Oghuz tribes. Mate, you're just neglecting all those facts. Even Kol Tigin stated a different version of Oghuz, aside from 9 Oghuz.

See, I didn't make you read my posts. You said Azeris and Turkish people are the same as Turkmens. I provided you with some historical facts.
Even Prof. Faruk Sumer, the famous Turkish history scientist didn't believed Sihun Oghuzes and 9 Oghuzes were the same.

And my credibility wouldn't go anywhere. I've got my own friends here whose ideas won't change, just by stating some facts.

People love Turkmens or not, I'm not talking about this.

Edited by gok_toruk - 10-Sep-2006 at 03:53
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 03:21

All Turkish people have had arguements with me lately, no surprise to see an original Turkmen (Tangriberdi) who's become a Turk started this agian. Invest more time reading the posts or else stop talking on my behalf. I didn't say langauge difference shows being Turk or not. I said languages difference shows the speakers are different people.

This is all I wanted to say. I only understand a few words. The structure is completely different with Turkmen. Just look at the words cut at the end. I can bring more examples that the word structure in original Turkmen and Turkish or Azeri are quite different. So, these are not of the same origin. Thanks to clarify everything.

Edited by gok_toruk - 10-Sep-2006 at 03:54
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 03:35

Yep, Azeris and Turkish people can't pronounce 'q'. By the way, Farsi itself writes 'q', but pronounce 'gh'. Only Kurds, and some people like from Isfahan and Yazd are able to pronounce 'q'.

Edited by gok_toruk - 10-Sep-2006 at 03:36
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 03:39

To all forumers investing time and energy on this thread (at least for to have a glance). See, if you're against me, try to support your own idea by giving proof that shows all those numbers and people like Kol Tigin, Qashqary and most of historians have told us lies. Or else, we'll be only listening to your IDEAs.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 03:45
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Yep, Azeris and Turkish people can't pronounce 'q'. By the way, Farsi itself writes 'q', but pronounce 'gh'. Only Kurds, and some people like from Isfahan and Yazd are able to pronounce 'q'.

ghaf and qayn? they both sound the same as far as I knew.  can you distinguish the difference?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>