Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ethnic affinity of yakut people

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
galvatron View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote galvatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ethnic affinity of yakut people
    Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 10:51
i am new here ,i want to ask who are the yakut or sakha  people  from siberia ,russia  ,are they descendent of khitan or turk ,please let me know ,thank you .

Edited by rodimus prime - 06-Sep-2006 at 13:18
John Lenon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote John Lenon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 03:50
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 04:08
Originally posted by rodimus prime

i am new here ,i want to ask who are the yakut or sakha  people  from siberia ,russia  ,are they descendent of khitan or turk ,please let me know ,thank you .
The Yakut are Turks.  They are in the Siberian Branch of the Turk Family along with the Dolgan, Hakas, Altay and Tuva Turks.  Yakut and Dolgan being from North Siberia and Hakas, Altay and Tuva Turks being from South Siberia.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
 Post Reply Post Reply