Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baloochistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baloochistan
    Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 05:42
Recently Bugti the popular leader of the Baloochistan was killed by the Pakistani military which led to widespread riots against the pakistani government. I belive have something like an independence movement of something. These people seem to be very old culture, as appears on the net.

What  exactly are the baloochi people fighting for ? what do they want ? Why was Bugti killed ?

Anoybody got more information to thrrow some light on this subject ?

Are their any baloochis in our forum ?

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 08:45
Gharanai is a baluchi
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 08:48
The Balochis want nothing really except development, but the Sardars want to fill their own pocket.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 09:10
Iran has also a large Baluchi population, in fact Baluchis are an Iranian people and Baluchistan has been always part of Iran.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 09:46
alot of issues would of been buried, if there was atleast some decent autonomy granted and it resources wasnt pilfered the way they are now.

I also tend to agree with cyrus, i think of the baluchi as iranians.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 11:39

Balochistan has as much autonomy as the all the other provinces. 50 % of the population of balochistan are not even balochi, they are pashtun, and 10 % are makranis. That leaves 40 % of the population who are Balochis. And many baloch live in the Punjab (granted still in the small sliver west of the Indus).

The Baloch are part and parcel of pakistan, there has been a Baloch President (leghari) and and two pm's (jamali and Mazari). Pakistan's leading strategic analyst is an ethnic Balochi; Dr Shireeen Mazari.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 02:02
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Iran has also a large Baluchi population, in fact Baluchis are an Iranian people and Baluchistan has been always part of Iran.

Hisorically it seems to be true, than why the present position. Geographical continuity also supports this.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 02:04
And what about the Brahuis ? If everything is OK, why the civil disturbance ?
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 04:59
Originally posted by Cyrus

Baluchis are usually completely or semi-independent.
Originally posted by Vivek

If everything is OK, why the civil disturbance ?

Can we blame India, Israel or America? If not I may have to find out a real reason

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 04-Sep-2006 at 05:00
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 05:09
Who would be included in this "We". Are you paki by any chance. I doubt.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 05:55
Use the word "Paki" again at you own risk.
Anyways the insurgency (if it ever was one) is winding down. 

Two tribes get pissed off (out of 63) and the media blows it out of all proportion.

Edited by Sparten - 04-Sep-2006 at 05:56
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 06:54
Why  ? Is it any offensive comment ? If it is I am sorry. I thought of it as a shortform of the long word pakistani, just like the word indo or brit or thai or arbi. If it is indeed offensive please let me know something about it. So that I can be carefull in future.
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 07:02
Leonidas,
How can Balochistan's resources be pilfered away by their own country? Balochistan is an integral part of Pakistan.

Cyrus, 
Eastern Balochistan has been part of Mohenhendra, Afghan, Iranian and of course Mughal Empires. The Western part I think has been part of Persian Empires. Bakkar Buthi is a Harrapan site from the Kulli-Harrapa period. Before this period (ie before Mohejendra), the archeology does suggest Iranian influences and also Afghan ones. There is some Londo pottery that was discovered after this time which could be Makran or from the West (Iran). I think basically that Iran or Persia, Afghanistan and Harrapan (which I'll call Pakistan to be clear) as well as subsequent Islamic conquerors have occupied  Eastern Balochistan.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 04-Sep-2006 at 07:05
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 07:09
In western countries "Paki" is used as an insult. The word itself is harmless, but the context it is used in western countries isn't.

It is similar for me calling you a leaf. The word is harmless, but then again i could be insulting you by calling you a leaf.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 09:04
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Why  ? Is it any offensive comment ? If it is I am sorry. I thought of it as a shortform of the long word pakistani, just like the word indo or brit or thai or arbi. If it is indeed offensive please let me know something about it. So that I can be carefull in future.
Okay, I apologize, I thought you were using it insultingly.

As for balochistan and Bugti its quite now and has been for sevaral days.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 01:03
Originally posted by TeldeInduz

Leonidas,
How can Balochistan's resources be pilfered away by their own country? Balochistan is an integral part of Pakistan.

Cyrus, 
Eastern Balochistan has been part of Mohenhendra, Afghan, Iranian and of course Mughal Empires. The Western part I think has been part of Persian Empires. Bakkar Buthi is a Harrapan site from the Kulli-Harrapa period. Before this period (ie before Mohejendra), the archeology does suggest Iranian influences and also Afghan ones. There is some Londo pottery that was discovered after this time which could be Makran or from the West (Iran). I think basically that Iran or Persia, Afghanistan and Harrapan (which I'll call Pakistan to be clear) as well as subsequent Islamic conquerors have occupied  Eastern Balochistan.

It may not be pilfered out of the country, but to other parts like punjab that's what the baloochis say i belive.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 01:04
The harappan & Mohenjodaro cultures that are being talked about are clearly vedic, hindu cultures, no relation to iran as can be made out from their gods & Godesses who are hindu
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 01:06
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

In western countries "Paki" is used as an insult. The word itself is harmless, but the context it is used in western countries isn't.

It is similar for me calling you a leaf. The word is harmless, but then again i could be insulting you by calling you a leaf.

We are not brits or westerners, its time we defined our own notions of good or bad. We dont need the colonial hangover after more than half a century.

By the way what does a 'leaf' mean. Pure curiosity
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 01:11
So far as I understand, paki should be considered a holy word. Pak means pure, holy, so paki would mean from the holy or from the pure. Nothing whose progenitor is holy or pure can be bad. I wonder if any of the westerners who use the word paki insultingly know its meaning. Most of them know only one language, whereas most of us knowing multiple languages have the knowledge to appreciate all of them.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 05:21
Originally posted by Vivek

Who would be included in this "We". Are you paki by any chance. I doubt.

Oh man, don't ask me about my use of pronouns. I use whichever one feels right at the time, often changing the one I use mid sentence. Most people are either one of "Us" or one of "Them". Often I'm both. I have no idea what my ethnic idenity is.

I'm a anglo-celtic-gilani-arab-baluchi-muhajir-pakistani-australian. In addition I'm also related through aunts & uncles to indians, iraqis, south-africans, latvians, italians, russians, canadians, americans.

That particular 'we' was my paki side (I have never consider paki to be an insult, I never even knew it was before coming here. All of my family use it when we can't be bothered saying 'Pakistani'.)

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 05-Sep-2006 at 05:21
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>