Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 4 Festivals.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vedam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 4 Festivals.
    Posted: 09-Aug-2006 at 09:32
Hello all.
Raised with many hindu mythology stories, I was told an interesting one,which is that the 4 divisions of society were given there own festivals by the gods and also colours, which i will list. I was wondering if you know what else was given to the 4.

Brahmins - colour white, festival - Raksha bandhan (perhaps because of the link of tieing the  sacred thread(moli) which Pundits always do when chanting a mantra to bless)

Kshatriyas - colour Red, festival - Dussera (when they traditionally worship there Arms and celebrate the victory of Ram and Durga)  

Vaisyas - colour yellow, festival Diwalli (when they open and close account books and do Laxmi puja for prosperity)

Sudra - colour brown, festival holi(when tradional barriers of society break down) 

Edited by Vedam - 09-Aug-2006 at 10:27
Vedam
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2006 at 11:45
              Almost every one is raised in India with Hindu Mythology and almost all of them are from the Puranas and the epics.
              I dont know as you say ( 4 festival ) division, Why didnt alomsot all Indians never heard of it.
              Is there any Historical basis or puranic basis or the place where this is in wide beleif ...
             Incidently, please does not associate anything with mythology, our Mythology is related with Puranas and epics. 
           The mythology of 4 festivals for 4 castes is  unheard of until u brought about it, and I dont believe in it.
            Any way your invention and innovation is excellent..
Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Vedam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2006 at 12:38
Mr Varma,  i'm a Brahmana and it was told to me by a Pundit and it is not meant to be taken literally, just an explanation, like many traditions.
Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean a thing, you don't know the entire puranic literature. By the way with Diwali it is traditionally thought that  Visnu  gave it to the Vaisyas, and if you have never heard of that, who cares!!!
If you haven't heard of it that means i invented it, does it?, what arrogance! Do you know all Hindu stories? 
After being banned under so many names (varma, aarya, kshat, raju)  do you not get tired.
You really are something else. Yet you keep poping up as a new user. 
Please do not comment on my topics. I'm really dont have anything to say to you, and i know you only wish to incite me to argue.

Edited by Vedam - 09-Aug-2006 at 13:57
Vedam
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2006 at 16:27
It is believed that the Hindu mythology dates back to around 7200 BC when the first hymns of the Rigveda were sung praising the elements of nature, namely, the air, the water, the thunder, the sun, the fire, etc..
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 07:16

Think that explains what was given to the 4 castes. The Guna are qualties that were given each, as you'd expect if you got Tamas you got the crappy qualties - This is the force of dissolution, the sattiva being transluscent and pervasive and all the lovely qualities. Colours seem to be assigned more on physical looks.

The hymns of the Rig Veda were probably written at the same time as the Rig Veda, about 3000 years ago.  

Edited by TeldeInduz - 15-Aug-2006 at 07:50
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Digvijay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Digvijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 15:16
Originally posted by TeldeInduz

Think that explains what was given to the 4 castes. The Guna are qualties that were given each, as you'd expect if you got Tamas you got the crappy qualties - This is the force of dissolution, the sattiva being transluscent and pervasive and all the lovely qualities. Colours seem to be assigned more on physical looks.

The hymns of the Rig Veda were probably written at the same time as the Rig Veda, about 3000 years ago.  

Telde,
 You have been told more then once that Vedas were composed in 3500 BC not just 3000 years ago. You were asked to research the Mittani people and Mittani seals but no effort on your part.
Why is it that you are so obtuse and do not want to read a single book to enhance your knowledge?

-Digs
 Post Reply Post Reply