Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA question for Mongolian Chinese or Mongolian.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question for Mongolian Chinese or Mongolian.
    Posted: 02-Dec-2004 at 17:13

"In fact the term "conquer" is never taught in Chinese history and is solely restricted to western imperialism."

not true!

ive been taught the term "conquer" in chinese history in hk.

warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 02:08

we are talking about the mainland, not Hong Kong.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 02:44

"In fact the term "conquer" is never taught in Chinese history and is solely restricted to western imperialism."

if it's said in such wording, it refers to all chinese in general.

to avoid confusion, i suggest u change the wording.

Edited by coolstorm
blitz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 06:12
Originally posted by coolstorm

is that true that there are more ethic mongols in inner mongolia ar than the republic of mongolia?i heard that the core part of ancient mongolia is within the boarder of china.

is that true?

and ancient chinese seldom killed unarmed civilians because of the confucian teachings promoting the idea of being a gentleman.

I don't think that it is true. The native land of historical mongols was the valleys of Herulen, Onun and Tula rivers. That is now the eastern part of Khalkha-Mongolia.  Today's Mongolia is core of all mongols.

I think that it is chinese politik that "There are more ethnic mongols in China than in Mongolia". In reality there are many han chinese who became "mongol" because they want to have more than 2 children. Scholars suppose that there are in inner mongolia about 400 thousend true mongols.

sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 13:30

Well, I bet many Chinese have Mongol blood inside them. The northern nomads intermarried with Han Chinese all the time, and Han Chinese married with others. Dividing people up into ethnic lines isn't very smart to begin with, but I would say that Inner Mongolia has MORE PEOPLE than outer Mongolia.

I have read some books by Mongol authors (translations) from China. Genghis Khan is not depicted as a monster but rather someone who created the united Mongol identity by uniting the interwarring tribes (which are interwarring due to external intervention by the Jurchens).

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
blitz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 14:19

Originally posted by sephodwyrm

Dividing people up into ethnic lines isn't very smart to begin with, but I would say that Inner Mongolia has MORE PEOPLE than outer Mongolia.

U r right, 100%. But the true mongols in inner mongolia are n reality not more than 400.000 , as scholars think. In Shinkian is it the same, the han chinese are the majority.

Road to wisdom: err, err and err. But less, less and less!
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 15:07

"I don't think that it is true. The native land of historical mongols was the valleys of Herulen, Onun and Tula rivers. That is now the eastern part of Khalkha-Mongolia.  Today's Mongolia is core of all mongols. "

Inner Mongolia has more mongols than outer mongolia, census already showed that, its not just the population, but mongols as a whole. The number is not 400,000, its 4 million where the mongol population of outer mongolia is only 2.5 million.

blitz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 05:50
I mean, there are many ethnic chinese in inner mongolia who became "mongol". 

Edited by blitz
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 17:27
Actually its the ethnic mongol growth (which more than ripled) through the years that made the population large.
mongke View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 21:36

Originally posted by warhead

Actually its the ethnic mongol growth (which more than ripled) through the years that made the population large.

They could have used this say in the 1200s not that it would have made that much of a difference but really how can say a people not even numbering 1 million conquer such a vast expanse???

cliveersknell View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 23:31
Hello to all
My name is Badema, I am a Kharachin Mongol from Chifeng
inner mongolia, I am using my husband's login to present my
views about how inner mongolians were taught about Qinggis Khan.
Excuse my english, but I told my husband , I need to express views of Mongolian people from Inner Mongolia.
Qinggis Khan is a great leader of Mongol people , he united all mongol people into one great nation.
With regards China, there is no China that time. In the northeast is Jin Guo, who are Nuzhen people. In the Northwest is Xixia Guo, who are Dangxiang people. West of Xixia, is HeiLiao which is Qidan people.
The Nuzhen come from Heilongjiang province near Weihaiwei
which is now called Vladisvostok, the Dangxiang people
come from Tibet and Qinghai, the Qidan people are from
Liaoning. South of these people are the Song . They are Han people. South of Song is Nanzhao Guo.
The only people closest to what westerners like my husband Clive know as chinese are the Song or Han people.
The Nuzhen , Dangxiang, and Qidan have a totally different dialect both written and verbal compare with Han people.
These people , Nuzhen, Dangxiang, Qidan, Han keep fighting each other and also fight with Mongol people. After Qinggis united Mongolia, he met a wise man named Tattatongga, who is a uighur, Tatatongga told Qinggis about stopping the killing and fighting and uniting alll these other people include the Han as well into the great Mongolian empire. So Qinggis listened to him , but Qinggis also know that Jin Guo captured his grandfather and killed his grandfather and also support Tatars to poison his father, so he should bring Jin GUo under his control.
or else they will try to make more trouble later.
But before he can attack Jin Guo , he should bring Xixia to his side. The king of xixia did not want to join Qinggis so he attacked Xixia.
Regarding my ethnicity, I am Kharachin Mongol for many generations, my passport is written in both Han character and mongolian characters. And my nationality is Mongol. I speak putonghua with people outside my home, but at home, we all speak mongolian. There are total of 6 million mongols in China today, they are:
Chahar , Horqin, Kharachin, Barga, Tumaat, and even some Khalkha who live in Xinjiang autonomous region, we also have a few Torgot people in Xinjiang.
The PRC govt recognize Qinggis as anational hero, they made a very good TV series about his life, which my husband likes very much. It is not 100% perfect, but
at least 60% accurate .
thanks for your time and good bye
Badema

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 00:32

"With regards China, there is no China that time."

the Han culture means China. The term, China, refers to the middle kingdom, and the descendants of Huangdi.

It was drived from the chin dynasty which unified the chinese world in 221 bc.

there was china during that time and it was song. however, north china was occupied by the jerchens. yet, the jerchens were later incorporated into the han culture.

all descendants of haungdi mean china. han, tang, song are all chinese dynasties, yuan and manchu are foreign.

blitz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 08:59
6 million true mongols in inner mongolia? It is not true. I know chinese people, who were from Inner Mongolian AR and now live in the city of Cologne. They don't speak mongolian, they have all bad teeth, they look all very chinese. They don't consider them mongolian, they said to me that they were ethnic chinese but they were from Inner Mongolian AR.

Including such people maybe there are 6 million "mongols". But the true mongols in Inner Mongolia are not so numerous, they are about 400 thousend.

I know some inner mongolians and also many outer mongolians, who live in Germany. As I remarked, the inner mongolian dialect is very much influenced by chinese, and they spoke sometimes chinese with one another.  They look also chinese in contrast to the outer mongolian guys. 

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 13:32
Originally posted by coolstorm

"With regards China, there is no China that time."

the Han culture means China. The term, China, refers to the middle kingdom, and the descendants of Huangdi.

It was drived from the chin dynasty which unified the chinese world in 221 bc.

there was china during that time and it was song. however, north china was occupied by the jerchens. yet, the jerchens were later incorporated into the han culture.

all descendants of haungdi mean china. han, tang, song are all chinese dynasties, yuan and manchu are foreign.

Coolstorm..for once I agree with you.
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 22:14

"the Han culture means China. The term, China, refers to the middle kingdom, and the descendants of Huangdi."

Actually it means more geographic and politically. Since both the Jin and Song called their empire the middle kingdom. When the ambassador of Jin asked Genghis to kowtow to the newly enthroned emperor as wastypical of the northern nomads at the time. Genghis spat to the south and said "I thought the emperor of the middle kingdom was suppose to be the son of heaven but now it turns out to be him!"

"It was drived from the chin dynasty which unified the chinese world in 221 bc."

Actually the earliest evidence of the word Middle Kingdom was found in the scripts of Western Zhou.

"there was china during that time and it was song. however, north china was occupied by the jerchens. yet, the jerchens were later incorporated into the han culture."

To the people of other places, it was Jin since it was more powerful.

cliveersknell View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 23:08
Correction on Mongol population in Inner Mongolia.
What Badema meant was the TOTAL Mongol population in the PRC, being 6 million, the Mongol population in Inner Mongolia stands at 4.3 million.
Badema and her family do speak Mongolian perfectly, when we
resided in Ulan Bataar , she felt very much at home there as she was at Chifeng .

Regarding the Jin , and Xixia, they do have a distinct
language and writing from the Hans. So the Jin, Xixia, Karakhitai cannot be chinese from what we understand chinese to be. Genghis never had a fight with the Song.
Therefore, we can say that the term "invasion of China"
is not correct and stems from western ignorance of China
s history and society.

r's
Clive
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2004 at 23:23
Jin is the middle kingdom as was recognized by all of upper Asia, Song was an inferior power, so much bias from an empire that paid tribute to Jin.
vagabond View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2004 at 02:22
Hi folks - good discussion - just for our information - how many on the forum have actually lived in Mongolia?  I think Chono, Clive and Badema - some forumers have vacationed there IIRC - any others?  It's a place that I never got to myself and was always interested in trying to get there.
In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it. (Saroyan)
blitz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2004 at 05:29

It is widely known that china fakes the history and statistics of national minorities. I don't believe that so many mongolians live in inner mongolia. My friend's father studies central asian history and culture, particularly mongolian folklore, songs, dances etc.. He speaks mongolian perfectly and visited outer Mongolia many times, several times inner Mongolia,  also Kyrgyzistan, Kazakhstan and Tuva.

He said the following story:

He found in inner Mongolia someone who speak mongolian with great difficulty. There were a few nomad people, they spoke their native language understandably, but even their language was strongly influenced by chinese. In towns he saw nobody speaking mongolian, the inner mongolians are over sinified. At last he visited a concert, and saw a singer who sang on mongolian. After the concert he wanted to speak with the singer, but the singer said: "I know only the text of the song on mongolian, apart from that I don't speak mongolian" He also visited a university in inner mongolia, but the teacher,who teaches the inner mongolians their native language, speaks self very wrongly and broken mongolian. 

warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2004 at 12:07

"It is widely known that china fakes the history and statistics of national minorities. I don't believe that so many mongolians live in inner mongolia. "

Widely known to whom?

The statistic is agreed by the U.N.

"He found in inner Mongolia someone who speak mongolian with great difficulty. There were a few nomad people, they spoke their native language understandably, but even their language was strongly influenced by chinese. In towns he saw nobody speaking mongolian, the inner mongolians are over sinified. At last he visited a concert, and saw a singer who sang on mongolian. After the concert he wanted to speak with the singer, but the singer said: "I know only the text of the song on mongolian, apart from that I don't speak mongolian" He also visited a university in inner mongolia, but the teacher,who teaches the inner mongolians their native language, speaks self very wrongly and broken mongolian.  "

All it means is sinification, nothing about their ethnicity and origin which were mongol.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>