Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total Quiz XII - Thank you for playing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
violentjack View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Quiz XII - Thank you for playing!
    Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 10:07
Thanks i just played, Poirot really gave few tough questions, i answered almost half the questions, other questions were were much tricky, so i didnt bother with answer.But hope i score few points adlist, 6 and im happy

Tongue
Bosnjaci,probudite se ili nestanite
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 10:20
We have two points because when we submitted for the second time, they counted up as correct and they were correct with the first, I assume this and it isn't certain, but I believe that that is the only logical assumption. Ofcourse this has to be changed, I wouldn't like to take 4 extra points...
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 11:15
Yeah, please don't submit it a second time once you've gotten it right.

Good to see you back, TJK. Haven't seen you in ages! Smile

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 27-Jul-2006 at 11:22
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 13:20
Good To see you TJK  but unfortunate that you choose this quiz to return from retirement cause I haven't had time to play but I did get to help scoreWink
violentjack View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 14:51
OuchWell i think i deserved adlist 5 points

Bosnjaci,probudite se ili nestanite
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 15:17
Originally posted by Dawn

Good To see you TJK  but unfortunate that you choose this quiz to return from retirement cause I haven't had time to play but I did get to help scoreWink

Indeed, thats too bad, Dawn...I miss our old rivalry. As for my part, I can't dedicate as much time as I would have wanted on this quiz, due to work and a lot of other issues that take up my time...Cry
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 15:32
Yes work does get in the way of the good things. This is my first missed quiz in a couple of years and work is my excuss as well.  As to competition but it looks like TJK is giving you a real battle along with the other usual suspects. Smile and I'll be back next time because Imperator did his usual magic so I can only see the answers to this quiz not the whole data base just in case I want to play next time. He really is very good at those things.  Scoring has its fun too cause I can say things like " na na I know the answer to that question that is driving you nuts and I'm not telling"LOL 
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 15:41
Ok so this time instead of erasing the thread format I have 2 scoreboards  Wackothe bottem one is most recent and Imperator will fix my mess he always does.Smile
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 18:05
I am pretty sure that I got number 10 right, but I am not as sure that I submitted the information correctly. I have now. :)

So that I don't go crazy, the next time that someone looks at the results, please tell me if I got 10 it right or not :)
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 18:25
Number 8 is actually a really stupid question and you'll laugh when you find out what the answer is. Wink

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 27-Jul-2006 at 18:25
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 00:20
Scores updated (12:00 AM EDT), this will be the last time I can update scores until 12 PM EDT. 

Dawn, FYI when you update scores, delete the original table first and then paste in the new table. (Delete the stuff inside the post by control-A, then delete).

For the next quiz, I'll write a totally new TQ engine that will be easier to use (i.e. harder for moderators like me to make errors in scoring!) and will automatically update the scores to the forum. The quiz will then be able to run entirely by assistant moderators like Poirot and (in this quiz), Dawn.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 05:37
Grr. When is it? Must post question and then I can even get 7 points... the first time...
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 10:50
Thanks for warm welcome Smile
In fact it is quite difficult to find the time, when I'm the father of 1-year child.  Fortunately my wife with son are on the  short trip, thus I could use  the opportunity  Wink

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 11:48
The second-to-last update for the first round has been posted.

For number 8 (a very offbeat question, I guess), the answer is looking for something that is uniquely common about the political history of all of the nations on the list. When it was written, one of the nations that logically should be in the list was deliberately left out to make the question more challenging (but I guess that wasn't a good idea after all, since only one person has correctly gotten it).

Tjk: So that's why you've been gone for so long. Now I see!

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 28-Jul-2006 at 11:48
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 13:10

Please delete this post. The message was same with the next post.

Edited by rider - 28-Jul-2006 at 13:12
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 13:10

Deliberatly sent wife off, to participate in the quiz... Tongue

I will see if my new assumption about Q8 is correct when the answers come but I will not post it.

Actually all ideas that are correct should be read as correct for they are correct.
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 13:35
Round 1 has ended. Please wait for Round 2. Complete Answers will be posted shortly.

The answer to 8 is that all of them had "Alexander" as their ruler. However, I'm open to any reinterpretations.

I don't think "Golden Age," can be the correct answer because Rome was not in a Golden Age at that time. "Invasion," although vague, can possibly be  correct (I'd say about 50-50 for that one). TJK also had a fairly elaborate answer (that the period contained a series of rulers of the same name), and I'm leaning toward that as correct as well.

I apologize for any controversial questions. As I mentioned earlier, for the next quiz, I'll be working on improving the way the quiz is run.
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 13:44
The answer to 8 is that all of them had "Alexander" as their ruler. However, I'm open to any reinterpretations.
I even hve consider this answer but Alexander was king of Poland starting from the year 1501 (exatly was elected 3rd November 1501)
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 13:50
Yes, I noticed that mistake too, although I was the only one that gave the "right" answer.  I just figured that it seemed like a pretty good answer and it didn't hurt to try...

Edited by Decebal - 28-Jul-2006 at 13:50
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 13:51
Damn! you're right. I got Lithuania and Poland confused. It's also particularly bad that I had to be pointed out in this fasion since you're from Poland and leading on the scoreboard.
Unhappy Ouch Wacko Embarrassed

Number 8 will be removed then. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>