Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conquerors of your Country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conquerors of your Country
    Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 19:36
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

The most conquered country ever
                                                Iraq
1.Akkadians
2.Kutians
3.Ammorites
4.Elamites
5.Hittites
6.Kassites
7.Assyrians
8.Mittani
9.Chaldean
10.Medeans
11.Achaemenid dynasty
12.Seleucid
13.parthians
14.Romans
15.Sasanids
17.Muslims Arab
18.Buwayhids
19.Seljuks
20.Mongols
21.Ilkhanids
22.Jalayerid dynasty
23.Timurids
24.Black sheep
25.White sheep
26.Safavids
27.Ottomans
28.Afsharids
29.Britishs
30.Americans

You can add the Armenians to the list, as they conquered modern northern Iraq under the reign of Tigranes II (95-66 B.C.).

http://www.armenica.org/history/en/overview/tigranII.html

Oh and you can add the Black sheep and White sheep federations for nations which have conquered Armenia...
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote perikles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 09:00
If you could call your political system republic it's ok.
Anatolia is true that never conquered entirely by one nation.
But it is also true that you are a usa colony.
Just to say that in after wwi the west part of turkey was under Greek occupation (after all was greek from the ancient times).
Greece
1)Turks
2)Germans
3)Venice
4)Romans
5)Crusader

Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 11:12
And sorry perikles, the "spanish". The catalan almughavers conquered Greece by one century. Wink

Can we include to the byzs as conquerors of Turkey? The crusaders retook the western part from the turks and gave it to the byzs...
Konstantis View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Konstantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 16:11
My country was conquered as a whole by the Gremans in 1941 and subsequently after the conquest, Greece was partitioned by the Axis forces into three zones:
the German controlled territory,the Italian controlled territory and the Bulgarian controlled territory
The turks in 1897 conquered a considerable territory of the kingdom of Greece,but only for a short period.They left after the intervention of the Great powers,Great Britain,France and Russia.We were saved back then but we paid a lot of money as compensation.
The Italians conquered for a short period of time Kerkyra,Corfu in 1923.
Pireus was conquered also for a short period by the French and the English because the King of Greece had a pro-German stance during the first years of the WWI.
"Stranger, tell the Lakedemonians that here we lie dead obeying their orders."
Tombstone on the tomb of the 300 Spartans
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 16:59
Originally posted by NikeBG

If it's only for the whole of today's Bulgarian lands:

"Mixobarbarians" and Tatars
Ottomans

you says mixobarbarians to ottomans??? 
Shapur II View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Shapur II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 17:05
Originally posted by perikles

Iran twice (under the achaemenids and then the Sassanids)

Rome

Byzantium

Arabs

Renegade View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 20:14
China

Japanese Pirates
Mongols
Manchus
British
Portuguese
Dutch
Germans
Russians
French
Japanese

Canada

NONE!Smile Oh wait, British and French colonists.Ouch

"I kill a few so that many may live."

- Sam Fisher
Renegade View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2006 at 20:16
Originally posted by Konstantis

My country was conquered as a whole by the Gremans in 1941 and subsequently after the conquest, Greece was partitioned by the Axis forces into three zones:
the German controlled territory,the Italian controlled territory and the Bulgarian controlled territory
The turks in 1897 conquered a considerable territory of the kingdom of Greece,but only for a short period.They left after the intervention of the Great powers,Great Britain,France and Russia.We were saved back then but we paid a lot of money as compensation.
The Italians conquered for a short period of time Kerkyra,Corfu in 1923.
Pireus was conquered also for a short period by the French and the English because the King of Greece had a pro-German stance during the first years of the WWI.

You forgot the Ottoman Turks.

"I kill a few so that many may live."

- Sam Fisher
Barbarroja View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Barbarroja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2006 at 07:36
Well if take strictly this topic, Spain only was conquered by Napoleonic France. But before...

I didn't agree that fenician and greeks conquered Spain, only colonized some cities for trade. And Celts and Ibers were their fisrt "invaders".
After we have Carthago, Rome, Vandals, Suevs, Alans, Goths, also Bizanthium empire (but only the southeast part). Arabs, moors, France (only the northeastern part, Marca Hispanica), and France with Napoleon.

In general i agree with the prevous messages
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2006 at 17:01
Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

Thinking hastily, i must copy Axemans post and name the exact same occupiers except for Denmark.

1) German crusaders (1227-1561/1918)
2) Swedish crusaders ; later Swedish under Erik XIV and Gusatfus Adolphus II
3) Danish Crusaders
4) Russians/Soviets
5) Poland
6) nazi Germany

Poland didnt conquer you. Actually you asked Poland for help and it came to save you from Russians. In Poland you werent treated like a conquered land but like part of the federation. It was not possible for your country to be independent and your rulers had to choose between Russia, Sweden and Poland. And same with Latvia. Commonwealth didnt conquer or ocupied it. It has the same rights in the Commonwealth as any other province.
Am i wrong?

Edited by Mosquito - 10-Aug-2006 at 21:04
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 15:37
Well i had to check my history book on that. As the local Livonian state here was utterly diminished into a dwarf in its military prowess it couldn't possibily defend itself from Ivan IV. I knew for certain that Tallinn and the rest of the Estland (northern-Estonia) gave themselves to the Swedes under Erik XIV.

Yes it seems that in the beginning of the war "the Order and the head bishop of Riga gave themselves under the protection of Zygmunt II August. For the help five Order and two Bishop forts along with the surroundings were pawned to the Polish king."

And i also read that as the Order who still tried to resist Russian invasion with its own forces aswell was crushed and "on the 28th November 1561 Order Master Gotthard Kettler admitted the power of Zygmunt II August on all areas of the Order. Also the Riga bishopry joined with this Pactia subiectionis. Only the town of Riga didn't admit Polish-Lithuanian power and remained actually independent for twenty years.

Pacta subiectionis was enforced in 1562 when the Order Master along with the rest of the knights gave an oath of loyalty to the representatives of Zygmunt II August in the castle of Riga. The fiefdoms of Courland and Zemgale were given to Gotthard Kettler to oversee. The lands north of Daugava river went under straight control of Zygmunt II August in 1566."

So it seems that the Poles were officially here to defend the Order lands (ergo Estonian lands). But still Zygmunt III Waza claimed that Northen-Estonian lands were his and there is the desire of Poland to conquer leftover Estonian lands (under Sweden at the time), but the Swedes were the first ones to start hostilities with Karl IX so it seems now that you are innocent.Smile

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 00:52

Well i had to check my history book on that. As the local Livonian state here was utterly diminished into a dwarf in its military prowess it couldn't possibily defend itself from Ivan IV. I knew for certain that Tallinn and the rest of the Estland (northern-Estonia) gave themselves to the Swedes under Erik XIV.

Yes it seems that in the beginning of the war "the Order and the head bishop of Riga gave themselves under the protection of Zygmunt II August. For the help five Order and two Bishop forts along with the surroundings were pawned to the Polish king."

And i also read that as the Order who still tried to resist Russian invasion with its own forces aswell was crushed and "on the 28th November 1561 Order Master Gotthard Kettler admitted the power of Zygmunt II August on all areas of the Order. Also the Riga bishopry joined with this Pactia subiectionis. Only the town of Riga didn't admit Polish-Lithuanian power and remained actually independent for twenty years.

Pacta subiectionis was enforced in 1562 when the Order Master along with the rest of the knights gave an oath of loyalty to the representatives of Zygmunt II August in the castle of Riga. The fiefdoms of Courland and Zemgale were given to Gotthard Kettler to oversee. The lands north of Daugava river went under straight control of Zygmunt II August in 1566."

So it seems that the Poles were officially here to defend the Order lands (ergo Estonian lands). But still Zygmunt III Waza claimed that Northen-Estonian lands were his and there is the desire of Poland to conquer leftover Estonian lands (under Sweden at the time), but the Swedes were the first ones to start hostilities with Karl IX so it seems now that you are innocent.Smile

Yep, and we saved Your ass as well as Latvian in 1920Wink.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 08:13
Well lets share something aswell. Had anyone of us stopped or failed fighting the bolsheviks the rest of us would have been much more screwed.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 09:46

Well lets share something aswell. Had anyone of us stopped or failed fighting the bolsheviks the rest of us would have been much more screwed.

That's obvious. Did Estonians fought along Polish side in war with Soviet Russia in war 1918-1920. I know Latvians did fight with us hand in hand but I don't know anything about Estonian input.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 12:56
Originally posted by perikles

If you could call your political system republic it's ok.
But it is also true that you are a usa colony.
Just to say that in after wwi the west part of turkey was under Greek occupation (after all was greek from the ancient times).
Greece
1)Turks
2)Germans
3)Venice
4)Romans
5)Crusader

To which of these 5 you relate Bulgarians (first and second kingdoms) and Serbs (Dushan's Empire)? As for USA colony, I am not Turk and do not care, but it would be interesting to test how quick greek moderatoras of this forum would delete this post if something similar would be posted about Greece.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 18:20
Originally posted by Majkes

That's obvious. Did Estonians fought along Polish side in war with Soviet Russia in war 1918-1920. I know Latvians did fight with us hand in hand but I don't know anything about Estonian input.

No not to my knowledge, no direct Estonian troops in one battle with Polish troops. But i know that when Estonia was clearing Northern-Latvia of the Bolsheviks, Estonian forces did meet Polish scouts. Our armies were some 28 kilometres from eachother. That was in the first days of June 1919.

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2006 at 02:51
That is strange that they didn't coordinate their actions fighting with the same enemy and being so close to each other.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2006 at 06:16
My country was invaded by
Romans
Barbarians
Muslims
Spain
France

Barbarroja View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Barbarroja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 07:11
I desagree because Spain did not invade Portugal, Portugal became a part of Spain because was the heritage of Philp II, not by the force. And in that time Portugal was also Spain, like Aragon or Castila. It has been in last centuies when Portugal could be considered a thing different from Spain, but during Middle Ages was as Spain as Asturias. Look that Portugal was part of Castila until Aljubarrota and after Juana la Beltraneja and her husband, the Portuguese king, could be kings of Portugal and Castilla and Spain would be that and not Castilla and Aragon if they would have won the Castilian civil war against Ferdinand II of Aragon and his wife the future Isabella I of Castila.

Edited by Barbarroja - 16-Aug-2006 at 07:12
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 08:07
I disagree Barbarroja you forget that althought Philip inherited the kingdom, was needed attack Portugal with a strong army under the command of Alba, after hard battles in continental Portugal and Azores Portugal was annexed.

Disagree again about the "spanish" medieval Portugal, but that can be a very long discussion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>