Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conquerors of your Country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conquerors of your Country
    Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 15:08
Well, depending on any region also. But I will concentrate on at least my region of Saudi Arabia Hijaz since it has been conquered many many times due to its location as a trade route of the frankincense, spices, gold, ivory from africa, pearls and precious stones and textiles. Also later, an important line on the trade between Europe and the East, esepcially the South East of Asia or the Indian subcontinent. 
1- Romans
2- Abasynians.
3- Most Egyption Islamic dynasties: Fatimid, Ayobeans, Memluks.
4- Ottomans till 1916.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 15:58
dutch portugese and british conquerd Iran thats new. how and when did this happen

They couldn't conquer the whole country but just some parts of southern Iran, their castles and fortresses are still in the region.
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 00:21
Since ArmenianSurvival did it for Armenia, I'll do it for Canada.

- Native Americans
- Scandinavians (Vikings)
- French
- British

- and finally, Canadians! Even though Canada still remains symbolically subjected to the British crown.

An interesting note: Americans invaded Canada (French and English regions) a few times, such as in 1775 and 1812, but were ousted back to their country...

Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 06:04
Originally posted by Pacifist

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but Turkey was never conquered. If Russia had really wanted though, it could have done it, but the other imperialist powers prevented this.

What about the Macedonians and Romans?
Vae victis!
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 06:12
If you track the existance of France to the 5th republic then no one did apart savage hordes of northern european tourists.

If you take it as a land, including conquests and settlements.

1st: The Celts (Gauls)
2nd: The Germanics (Belgae)
3rd: Phoceans (Marseille and Nice)
4th: Romans
5th: Germanics again (Franks, Goths and Burgundians)
6th: Celts again (Bretons)
7th: Vikings (Normandy)

Then, I can't find of invasions or settlements proper, military defeats yeah; but none that ended by a massive settlement and none that could be considered an invasion.
Vae victis!
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 07:19
Uzbekistan
although the country exists for only 15 years, but the people and land existed for almost 2700 years.

Conquered states and in-state empires who arosed from zero
1. All iranian states and empires.
2.Turkic people
3.Arabs
4.Turkic (Timurid empire)
5.Mongols
7. Turkic-Mongol uz beg khans
8. Russians

the most interesting one is that all are our ancestors since they have been mixed and assimilated (besides russians, but fixed of them also mixed).

Samanaid empire was born in our land.
Seljuks, Kharezmshahs are also from our land.
Due to last conquerers we were given the name "uzbek"
We have 3 million tajik-speakings.

Uzbek language consists of too many arabic and persian words (make up almost 60%) and of course Turkic language which is the base.

So our language is the richest!!!!!!!

Our land also the richest!!!!!!!!!!!

...i dont need this...
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 07:24
but i am not going to underestimate others, I respect many great cultural civilizations like Egypt (especially), Roman, Greek, Persian, Indian and of course Turkish.
Arabs also built greatest empire.

However, our country does not like Mongols. they are the-only who are written as "destroyers" in our history books.

Mongol people of the forum, i am not referring to you. it is just past.
...i dont need this...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 11:19
Only one conqueror of my country. The English.
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 12:28
Originally posted by Exarchus

What about the Macedonians and Romans?
 Turks living in Anatolia - since about a thousand years - were never conquered and ruled by others, that's what I meant Detritus. ;)

But since many Turks are descendants of ancient Anatolians one can argue that our ancestors were indeed conquered by the Romans and such, lol.

Edited by Pacifist - 26-Jul-2006 at 12:43

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 17:50
After Malazgirt war in 1071, Turkey(Anatolia) was never conquered. But before Turks, countless nations had lived in Anatolia. Hitits, Frigians, Lidians, Romans, Byzantine.. etc.

Edited by Gokturk - 26-Jul-2006 at 17:51
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 18:00
Turkey is an American colony since '50s. I wonder if that counts?
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 18:14
Thinking hastily, i must copy Axemans post and name the exact same occupiers except for Denmark.

1) German crusaders (1227-1561/1918)
2) Swedish crusaders ; later Swedish under Erik XIV and Gusatfus Adolphus II
3) Danish Crusaders
4) Russians/Soviets
5) Poland
6) nazi Germany
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 19:36
If we understand conquer according with the original view of Cyrus, to take a portion of territory, turkish Turkey was conquered by many enemies. In fact, was more or less conquered by the spanish in the beginning of the XIV century althought then left, when the almughavars crushed the turks between the Aegean sea and the Taurus mountains LOL Wink, althought under the service to the byzantines.

Spain had many conquerors:

1. Celts??? (many many doubts)
2. Greeks (only if we understand the colonies as "conquest")
3. Cartaghinians (the first without doubt)
4. Romans
5. Germans (goths, vandals and suevi... and the iranians alans)
6. Arabs
7. Moors (if we understand islamized berbers, like almoravids and almohads)
8. French
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 03:16
America....none
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 03:39
Originally posted by Loknar

America....none

are you joking?

what about british, french and spanish?

Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 09:41

4. Romans
6. Arabs
8. French

You also forget the Phoenecians. Carthage was not the only city founded by the Phoenecians near the Iberian Peninsula and Africa; the Phoenecians founded many settlements and cities along the Spanish coast (incidentally, Lisbon was founded by Phoenecians and although that's hardly Spanish, its' still in Iberia which shows that there was definate Phoenecian activity on the whole peninsula)

Originally posted by azimuth

America....none

are you joking?

Loknar is right there, Azimuth- America (The section now called the USA) was conquered, but the established state of the USA after the American wars of independence (which is, i believe what he is reffering too) has never been conquered. Apart from the Mexican wars in the south, and that Japanese pilot trying to start forest fires in WWII, there has never been any offensive military action towards the USA on their land since it was established (i'm not sure if there was some land action there in the Napoleonic wars, though)

Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 10:16
Originally posted by Earl Aster

4. Romans
6. Arabs
8. French

You also forget the Phoenecians. Carthage was not the only city founded by the Phoenecians near the Iberian Peninsula and Africa; the Phoenecians founded many settlements and cities along the Spanish coast (incidentally, Lisbon was founded by Phoenecians and although that's hardly Spanish, its' still in Iberia which shows that there was definate Phoenecian activity on the whole peninsula)

Originally posted by azimuth

America....none

are you joking?

Loknar is right there, Azimuth- America (The section now called the USA) was conquered, but the established state of the USA after the American wars of independence (which is, i believe what he is reffering too) has never been conquered. Apart from the Mexican wars in the south, and that Japanese pilot trying to start forest fires in WWII, there has never been any offensive military action towards the USA on their land since it was established (i'm not sure if there was some land action there in the Napoleonic wars, though)

You are right my friend, the phoenicians stablished the colonies, then Carthage inherited those settlement, they was at the same position than the greeks in this post, hardly can be considerated "conquest" the stablishment of colonies. But Carthage, the carthaginians conquered trully a great portion of Iberia.

About USA... i must disagree. The war with Great Britain of 1812-1814 with Washington falling in the hands of the english, and the WWII with the japanese taking the Aleutine islands. Smile
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 11:09

Afghanistan:

1. Scythians
2.  Persians  (including Sassanians, Parthians, Samanids, Safavids, etc)
3. Macedonians (Seleucids, etc)
4. Tocharians
5.  Indians 
6.  Kushans
7.  Kidarites
8.  Ephtalites
9. Arabs
10.  Kharijites
11.  Turks
12.  Mongols

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 12:57
And russians, althoug then you could expell theirs.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 16:13
Turkey is an American colony since '50s. I wonder if that counts?

No, I  don't agree with you. Republic of Turkey(Ataturk's Turkey) is an independent country.

Turkish: Ben de komnistim ve aslında sana katılıyorum, ancak byle bir forumda "Amerika'nın kolonisiyiz" demek pek hoş olmaz dostum. Bunları kendi iimizde halletmeliyiz.

Edited by Gokturk - 27-Jul-2006 at 16:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>