Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conquerors of your Country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conquerors of your Country
    Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 11:13

These nations have conquered the whole or part of Iran: (of course there are also some other ones that I have forgotten to add)

1. Afghans
  2. Akkadian
  3. Arabs
  4. Armenians
  5. Assyrians
  6. Babylonians
  7. British
  8. Chaldeans
  9. Dutch
  10. Greeks
  11. Hephthalites
  12. Hurrians
  13. Mongols
  14. Omanese
  15. Portuguese
  16. Romans
  17. Russians
  18. Scythians
  19. Spaniards
  20. Sumerians
  21. Tajiks
  22. Tatars
  23. Turks
  24. Turkmens
  25. Urartians
  26. Uzbeks
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 11:17
Not to sound arrogant or anything, but Turkey was never conquered. If Russia had really wanted though, it could have done it, but the other imperialist powers prevented this.

Edited by Pacifist - 24-Jul-2006 at 11:19

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 12:02
dutch portugese and british conquerd Iran thats new. how and when did this happen
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 14:17
Latvia

German crusaders
Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth
Sweden
Russian empire
German empire
Nazi Germany
Soviet Union

Edited by axeman - 24-Jul-2006 at 14:18
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 15:38
I want to know more on the spanish conquest of Iran. How did that work out?
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 15:56
United Kingdom (Specifically England)

Romans
Scots (Partially)
Normans
Angles
Jutes
Saxons
French
Dutch
Vikings
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 16:54
The Dutch claimed the arid parts on the West and North coast they encountered, but never colonised or exercised any control over the country.

The British claimed the entire continent and many islands, which they proceded to then settle. It was never a conquest, just one big land grab. The easiest land grab in history.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 17:20
For Armenia:

Urartians
Assyrians
Medians
Macedonians
Seleucids
Persians
Parthians
Sassanids
Mongols
Timurids
Ilkhans
Seljuk Turks
Ottoman Turks
Russians
Soviets
Arabs
Romans
Byzantines
Egyptian Mameluks
Georgians
Azeris
Kurdish Emirates
Safavids

...and many more nations who are now just a memory Evil Smile

Originally posted by xi tujue

dutch portugese and british conquerd Iran thats new. how and when did this happen

I don't know about the British or Dutch, but the Portuguese captured the Iranian port city of Hormuz. The Portuguese went around capturing other port cities such as Goa and Bombay in India, some ports in China, the Arabian peninsula, Africa, etc. I believe this was done during the 1600s.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 24-Jul-2006 at 17:21
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 17:48

Originally posted by Pacifist

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but Turkey was never conquered. If Russia had really wanted though, it could have done it, but the other imperialist powers prevented this.

Actually the land, Turkey (Anatolia) was conquered countless times by Romans, Greeks, Persians...

Turks, as a civilization, were also conquered by Mongols, Arabs, although in a different sense of conquest.

Turkey, while being ruled by Turks, was also conquered by Crusaders.

Edited by Feanor - 24-Jul-2006 at 17:48
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 18:20
If it's only for the whole of today's Bulgarian lands:

Prehistoric Proto-Thracians
Thracians
Macedons? (not sure about them)
Romans/Byzantines
Goths (not sure about them too)
Slavs/Bulgarians
"Mixobarbarians" and Tatars
Ottomans

Otherwise, there were also other peoples, who ruled only over some parts of modern day Bulgaria...
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2006 at 23:04
Originally posted by Feanor

Originally posted by Pacifist

Actually the land, Turkey (Anatolia) was conquered countless times by Romans, Greeks, Persians...

Turks, as a civilization, were also conquered by Mongols, Arabs, although in a different sense of conquest.

Turkey, while being ruled by Turks, was also conquered by Crusaders.

Sorry, I must have been drunk when I posted that. :D

I must admit that I'm more interested in late medieval and modern history...

Edited by Pacifist - 24-Jul-2006 at 23:16

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 03:27
Depends very much whether you mean the state or the territory. Since the united Kingdom was established (1800) it has never been conquered or invaded, just as Turkey (established 1920?) hasn't been.

The Kingdom of Great Britain (est. 1707) wasn't either, though there were a couple of civil war outbreaks.

It's more or less anyone's guess when the Kingdom of England was established (try googling on "first king of England"), so who invaded or conquered it or parts of it is also up for grabs.

For the territory currently covered by the United Kingdom, Earl Aster is roughly right, but he leaves out the Britons, and how the Dutch get in there I don't know.

PS: with regard to Iran, Britain and Russia are in the list because they invaded during WW2 and split it between two zones of control.
Urungu Han View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Urungu Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 04:57
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

These nations have conquered the whole or part of Iran: (of course there are also some other ones that I have forgotten to add)

1. Afghans
  2. Akkadian
  3. Arabs
  4. Armenians
  5. Assyrians
  6. Babylonians
  7. British
  8. Chaldeans
  9. Dutch
  10. Greeks
  11. Hephthalites
  12. Hurrians
  13. Mongols
  14. Omanese
  15. Portuguese
  16. Romans
  17. Russians
  18. Scythians
  19. Spaniards
  20. Sumerians
  21. Tajiks
  22. Tatars
  23. Turks
  24. Turkmens
  25. Urartians
  26. Uzbeks

Tatars,uzbegs and Turkmens and the army of schytians are olso Turks my friend.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 05:33
                            The most conquered country ever
                                                Iraq
1.Akkadians
2.Kutians
3.Ammorites
4.Elamites
5.Hittites
6.Kassites
7.Assyrians
8.Mittani
9.Chaldean
10.Medeans
11.Achaemenid dynasty
12.Seleucid
13.parthians
14.Romans
15.Sasanids
17.Muslims Arab
18.Buwayhids
19.Seljuks
20.Mongols
21.Ilkhanids
22.Jalayerid dynasty
23.Timurids
24.Black sheep
25.White sheep
26.Safavids
27.Ottomans
28.Afsharids
29.Britishs
30.Americans

Edited by Ahmed The Fighter - 25-Jul-2006 at 05:34
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 08:25
Oh! So you mean for the one Specific country! Sorry , i thought that you were just generally speaking about "The Land of Great Britain" not one specific state. 

I'm pretty sure that the Dutch did "Conquer" (Not militarily though) Britian. The British acutally invited Willam III over to occupy because they did not think that the previous monarch (James II i think) was doing a good job. This occupation was, some say essential for the development of the British Empire, as we managed to obtain the economic systems of the Dutch which helped us to take large loans on low interest rates to construct naval ships with. The Dutch also stopped competing with us for the Spice trade in India after this, and took other trades insted.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 08:35

Turkey, while being ruled by Turks, was also conquered by Crusaders

That's incorrect, ever since Turkey was opened to Turks proper after the battle of Malazgirt the Turks have never been "conquered" by non-Turks. The Arabs never conquered and had no reason to the Abode of Islam had been enlargened. The Timurids were Turks so it was Turks ruling Turks and also Timurids gave power to the Turkmen beyliks which gave more power to the ordinary Turks.

The Crusaders "occupied" specific ports and coastal towns but never conquered the area whole.

Turks as a nation in Anatolia were never conquered by non-Turks. However, in World War One, Brittish, Greeks, Armenians, Russians, French all took a part and ruled for a very brief war-time period.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 09:29
Originally posted by Urungu Han

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

1. Afghans
  2. Akkadian
  3. Arabs
  4. Armenians
  5. Assyrians
  6. Babylonians
  7. British
  8. Chaldeans
  9. Dutch
  10. Greeks
  11. Hephthalites
  12. Hurrians
  13. Mongols
  14. Omanese
  15. Portuguese
  16. Romans
  17. Russians
  18. Scythians
  19. Spaniards
  20. Sumerians
  21. Tajiks
  22. Tatars
  23. Turks
  24. Turkmens
  25. Urartians
  26. Uzbeks

Tatars,uzbegs and Turkmens and the army of schytians are olso Turks my friend.

Cyrus wanted to name all Turks tribe by name, which have conquered Iran. And my friend Scythians were not Turks, they were an Iranic tribe. We have disscussed this fact zilions of times in this forum, you should search.

Edited by Maziar - 25-Jul-2006 at 09:30
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 10:05
Originally posted by Bulldog

Turks as a nation in Anatolia were never conquered by non-Turks. However, in World War One, Brittish, Greeks, Armenians, Russians, French all took a part and ruled for a very brief war-time period.
That was what I meant, Turkish Anatolia as a nation, was never conquered.

Edited by Pacifist - 25-Jul-2006 at 10:33

Svyturys View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Svyturys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 14:30
Lithuania was free country for so long, but.. :

1. Russia (1795 - 1915)

2. Germany (1915 - 1918)

2. SSRS

3. Nazi Germany

4. SSRS

Every moment, like last, neither earth, nor sky don't calculate time. Left only one heart in scorched bosom. Throbing only drums again, calling us into battle.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 14:52
Originally posted by Earl Aster

Oh! So you mean for the one Specific country! Sorry , i thought that you were just generally speaking about "The Land of Great Britain" not one specific state. 

I'm pretty sure that the Dutch did "Conquer" (Not militarily though) Britian. The British acutally invited Willam III over to occupy because they did not think that the previous monarch (James II i think) was doing a good job. This occupation was, some say essential for the development of the British Empire, as we managed to obtain the economic systems of the Dutch which helped us to take large loans on low interest rates to construct naval ships with. The Dutch also stopped competing with us for the Spice trade in India after this, and took other trades insted.

Good one. I missed that. I'm tempted then to say Hanover, but  don't think you can count the Hanoverian takeover in the same way, because George I was simply the legitimate heir. (So of course was William III's wife, but they didn't have to make him king.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>