Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAttila's family shows that they are Turki

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attila's family shows that they are Turki
    Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 17:46

yeah man I know allot of bulsh*t only thatnk to stalin that motherf*cker. he erased all the documents of the existence of those people they were givin a chance deny that your a turk or go to camps in siberia.

I'll show you my pic if you want you tell me if I look georgianSleepy
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 18:02
ok come on then post your picSmile , I bet you look turkicLOL
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 06:06
Stalin forcibly relocated tens of thousnd of Meshketian (Ahiska) Turks to Siberia where thousands died.  They were allowed to return in the 90's but many didn't, many had died and now there are few left.  Russia is responsible for the slaughter of millions of Turkic peoples - and that is not an exaggeration --- the Moscow-inflicted famine on Kazakhstan killed over 1,000,000 Kazakhs via starvation.  But all we hear about is how the Armenians suffered at the hands of Turks...
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 06:09
this is me

no seriously I have this crapy picture haha
see even a haircut can make you look different Big smile
Urungu Han View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 06:10
A Turk:D

Ahiska Turks were not georgians.They went to the Ahiska in Georgia many years ago and other Turks named them Ahiskalı.
Ahiska Turks including a little georgians called meshi.Meshis' were living in Ahiska and named there mesheti.Because of this Ahıska Turks also known by" Meshet Turks".And because of this some people think they were originally georgians.mslim georgians(meshis,their population was 7-8000) was entered the Ahıska Tribe and married with them.Now most of Ahıska Turks living in Turkey,Kazakhistan and Uzbekistan.

Edited by Urungu Han - 19-Jul-2006 at 06:54
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 07:15
you forgot azerbaycan hehehe.

seriously why after all this time claim the ahiskas one of your own i don't get these georgians

the same goes for the whol north east of turkey they claim that they all are georgian mabey the laz but turks from ardahan kars and igdir c'mo
n
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 10:36
On the first photo you look just like my nephew.LOL
I see no difference between you and a turkish turkSmile
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 11:52
Originally posted by Afsar Beghi

On the first photo you look just like my nephew.LOL
I see no difference between you and a turkish turkSmile
haha no i'm a ahiska turk so caucasus turkLOL
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 20:24
Well, now that you have identified the mysteries of your origins I hope the topic header will take precedence over your personal family history. I noticed this type of discussion has carried over into other threads too. Thats enough guys!
Akskl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2006 at 00:06

E.Bretschneider "Mediaeval Researches. From Eastern Asiatic Sources." v.1, 2001 edition, originally published in 1887

p.306
...The Yuan ch'ao pi shi notices that two rivers which Subutai had been ordered to cross, viz., the "Djayakh" and the "Idil".
The first of these rivers, the original Turkish name of which is "Iaik" or "Djaik" (in Kazak language - "Jayiq" - A.), is the Ural river of modern Russian maps. We find it first mentioned in the Byzantine writers. Zemarchus, sent in 569 by the Byzantine emperor to the khan of the Turks, on his way back came to the "Daich" river, and then to the "Attila" (Volga). Constantin Porphyrogenita (tenth century) calls the "Iaik" (Yule's "Cathay," clxvi.). As I have stated above, the ancient Russian annals write this name "Yaik". Pl.Carpini styles the same river (743) "Jaec"; Rubruck (274), "Jagac". In Haithon's itinerary the name reads "Jaic". On the Catalan map (1375 A.D.) it is called "Jayech". In the Mohammedan historians of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries the river "Iaik" is frequently mentioned. Rashid notices it in his account of the Kipchak. This is also "the great river Yak, which has its spring in the land of Siberia, near the river Cama, and runs through the lands of "Nagay", fallen into the Mar Caspium" oin jenkinson's narrative of the journey to Bokhara in 1558.
The other river is Volga. By the name of "Idil" or "Atil", meaning "river" in Turkish", the Turks, and after them all Mohammedan geohraphers , have designated the Volga, which latter name, used by the Slavic nations, seems to be derived from the ancient city of Bolghar, situated on the Volga. In the tenth century Istakhri states (p.2) that the Khazars live on the river "Atel", which runs through their country. Ibn Khurdadbeh (also in the tenth century) speaks also of a city "Atel". This is believed to answer to the present Astrakhan. In the Byzantine writers the name appears much earlier; the river "Attilia" in Zemarchus itinerary (v.supra). Plano Carpini, 775: "Ethil quam Rusci vocant Volga". Ibidem, 743: "Flumen Volga super quod vadit Bati est valde magnum." Rubruck calls the Volga always "Ethilia". On the Catalan map the name is "Edil"...

Edited by Akskl - 09-Nov-2006 at 00:08
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 18:37
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

That's not an answer to my question. There are many heroes in the world, all peoples have their heroes. Why do Turkish heroes have to be reconfirmed all the time?
Let me try to give answer to your question.
Indo Europeanism advocates and dictates that Scythians were Indo European/Iranic although there are many  clues about their Turkicness.,
You Europeans made up two terms for us, Turks.
Turks in Turkey: Turkish
Turks in Turkestan Turkic
In Turkic languages until your invention, we all called ourselves Turks. just and just Turks.
Why do not you call Arabs living in Saudi Arabia Arabish and in Egypt or Lebanon  Arabic.

Why do you Europeans call Kurmanjis Zazas Goranis and Soranis all Kurdish but not Kurdic?

Your history writiers and so called scientists are not actually impartial. You write history as it fits to your benefits.
You unite Kurdic people under the name Kurdish
But divide Turkish peoples under the names Turkic and Turkish.
In every aspect of cultural or historical events you do this to Turks on purpose.
And this is a self defense mechanism.
We maintain our claims on what belongs to us. That is it.
Huns are Turks-Or Proto Turks. That is almost certain.
But to deny the fact that Turks are an old nation you Europeans distort the facts .
That is why...

Edited by Tangriberdi - 15-Nov-2006 at 18:42
Scytho-Sarmatian View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 04:41
Not to diverge from the original topic, but since this is being discussed; what about the Sarmatians?  Were they Turkic, too?
Be brave and answer me.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 05:10
Most of the turks of turky today are themselves not the original turks, notwithstanding claims to relate to every nomadic group in the world as proto, quasi, demi, semi or so...

The turks of today's turky are an agglomeration of various asian, assryian, arab, iranic, slavic & european people. the only thing common is that they speak a common language.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 08:58
Turkey has been a melting pot. And that trend continues. To assume that there are no commonalities in genetic or cultural affinity is falacy. Assimilation does not eradicate the mutual culture. It adds to it.   
explorer6 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 15:08
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Most of the turks of turky today are themselves not the original turks, notwithstanding claims to relate to every nomadic group in the world as proto, quasi, demi, semi or so...

The turks of today's turky are an agglomeration of various asian, assryian, arab, iranic, slavic & european people. the only thing common is that they speak a common language.

Yes, Turkey was not really a location of the nomadic culture that the original Turks were known to possess. Definitely Turks come from the steppe and invaded many other areas.  Whenever you hear of nations on horseback you know where they came from, even if they move into an area where such culture is not really necessary or practical.

Voice of the Ancestors
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 18:00
We are Turk
We are Turkish
We know who we are,
Anatolia is called Turchia for ages
And İt only belongs to Turks now,
And nothing in the universe but God can change it. Will never be able.
The English are a mixture of Celtic Romance and Germanic populations
The french are  a mixture of Celtic Romance and Germanic Populations
Just two examples above.
Who says Anatolia was not a melting pot.Yes it is, But they all molten into Turks now.
So what?
Erdene View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 10:52

The Hunnu are a bunch of different banners and tribes from Mongolia. He can be anything........he could even be a Samurai who is exiled from Japan...comes to Mongolia...unites the bunch and goes on to west........
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 11:13
Vivek
Most of the turks of turky today are themselves not the original turks

What a load of absolute crap, there not Turks based upon what? race? wern't you the one opening posts that there are no races

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15410

Ins't this a little hypocritical.

There is no such thing as pure, original, new age, old age bla bla bla Turks.

If you speak Turkish as a mother tongue, have a Turk identity, percieve, feel and are accepted as a Turk, share Turkic heritage and culture, your a TURK plain and simple. No need for genetic tests, DNA tests or anything else, ethnically they are Turks that;s the end of the story. Turks don't denote themselves by race, it's not in their culture to, its an accepting nation and welcoms those who become Turks.

Turks in Turkey are Turks, are original Turks, are real Turks end of story.

Edited by Bulldog - 16-Dec-2006 at 11:35
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Erdene View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 17:56
Originally posted by Bulldog

There is no such thing as pure, original, new age, old age bla bla bla Turks.

Turks in Turkey are Turks, are original Turks, are real Turks end of story.

Turks in Turkey are the original Turks????? .......

But you said there are no such thing!!!!!Confused
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 18:13
Your taking it out of context.

There are no "real", "fake", this or that Turks, if your a Turk your a Turk and you have the right to identify yourself as you wish without anybody's patronising comments, thus if you feel your a Turk this makes you the original Turk as there is no differentiation between black, white, asian looking, blonde haired, black haired etc Turks, nobody can claim somebody not to be a "real" "original" Turk just because of their physical appearence, this is nothing but racism. This racism and discrimination by non-Turks against Turks is getting pretty ridiculous.

People arn't robots, they wern't mass-produced in some factory and shipped off the production line across the world. You can't categorise and stick people into such rigidly defined groups, we come in all different shapes all different colours and if you cannot accept all the different colours as a part of your nation well then you can't accept humanity itself.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>