Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lord Vishnu in one of the Iranian Mosques- Exist ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sureshafghani View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sureshafghani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Vishnu in one of the Iranian Mosques- Exist ?
    Posted: 18-Aug-2012 at 03:10
sir,No body knows who is aryan ,From Egypt to combodia  was the aryan land, aryan tribes existed in egypt,iran ,india , etc, the hindu shahi kings who were the rulersof afghan and iran fought 800 years with the muslim arab men , in the end lost the king dom, got converted to islam 
The temples also went with them .  ok  this is history 
                       But dont forget  you Iranians have a history before arab  conquest
parsi ism or sun worships are also part of hinduism ,   The temple in mashad was a hindu temple 
no  doubt  of that,   In arabia and kuwait the excavators got a lot of Idols of hindu 
All right Idol worship is banned in Hinduism , but it was a part of hinduism 
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2012 at 19:33
Perhaps this was an act of defiance by a Hindu slave captured by the Muslim Persians?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
mr_z View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote mr_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2012 at 13:47
I call BS on the picture. I've been to many mosques around Iran, but never seen a coloured ceramic statue in any of them. So unless I see a bigger and better picture showing the Peacocks and more of the surrounding building to clearly identify it as a mosque in Iran, I won't believe it. Most probably it's building, and not necessarily a mosque, in India.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2012 at 14:33
Originally posted by mr_z

I call BS on the picture. I've been to many mosques around Iran, but never seen a coloured ceramic statue in any of them. So unless I see a bigger and better picture showing the Peacocks and more of the surrounding building to clearly identify it as a mosque in Iran, I won't believe it. Most probably it's building, and not necessarily a mosque, in India.
No need to be rude Mr_z, the building in question, so wikipedia tells me is the Sheikh Lotf Allah Mosque. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Lotf_Allah_Mosque
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
mr_z View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote mr_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2012 at 01:56
Well I certainly agree that there's no need to be rude. But there's no need to be overly sensitive on semantics either. Do you know what calling BS on something means? And your link just points to an image of Sheikh Lotfollah mosque. I don't see how that helps sway the argument one way or the other. Having such prominently positioned painted statues of peacocks in a mosque is highly irregular. Now combine that with a representation of Lord Vishnu, and I think scepticism is fully warranted, until proven otherwise. Is that reasonable?
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2012 at 02:43

Well I certainly agree that there's no need to be rude. But there's no need to be overly sensitive on semantics either. Do you know what calling BS on something means? And your link just points to an image of Sheikh Lotfollah mosque. I don't see how that helps sway the argument one way or the other. Having such prominently positioned painted statues of peacocks in a mosque is highly irregular. Now combine that with a representation of Lord Vishnu, and I think scepticism is fully warranted, until proven otherwise. Is that reasonable?
I get the distinct impression that "calling BS" isn't exactly what I was thinking it was, although generally it is also my impression that most people, like me, believe it stands for an offensive term. In this case I will hold back on my apology until you explain the term, and leave a suitable link to a definition.

That aside, I was on my mobile when reading your post, and the Wikipedia page gained was different than when on my laptop. Nevertheless on the section Architecture it describes the peacocks.   Here is another Wikipedia link, and you will find a description on the second paragraph. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Lotf_Allah_Mosque#Architectural 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2012 at 19:13
sureshafghani View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote sureshafghani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 04:02
Sir,  I never visited Iran , But my wife is an iranian descendant (a shia), A lot of her relative sisters  were married to Iran , a place called  kunki,  even though Me and my wife is not practicing shia ism or islam I love that country  and its people 
                                                    I derive these  knowledges from What i see  and read from net  ,
I saw pictures from Iranian  archaeology  ,cultural sites that    shows the  pictures of hindu and parsi temples built by King  hassan khan  mulk ,    next time visit  bandar  abbas and see ,please 
And  idol worship  was never permitted in Hinduism , But some  made this idols for their own gains
Thanks

mr_z View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote mr_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 15:28
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

I get the distinct impression that "calling BS" isn't exactly what I was thinking it was, although generally it is also my impression that most people, like me, believe it stands for an offensive term. In this case I will hold back on my apology until you explain the term, and leave a suitable link to a definition.

That aside, I was on my mobile when reading your post, and the Wikipedia page gained was different than when on my laptop. Nevertheless on the section Architecture it describes the peacocks.   Here is another Wikipedia link, and you will find a description on the second paragraph. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Lotf_Allah_Mosque#Architectural 

Well, if you're interested to learn, here's a link to a definition on UrbanDictionary.com:

I call bullshit
401 up69 down
October 14, 2006 Urban Word of the Day
1. to call one out on a complete flasehood 

2. an expression of distaste or aggrivation 

3. to have found something at odds with a generally accepted truth 
1. "i am the coolest person in the world" 
"i call bullshit" 

2. "we've got a 15 page paper due tommarow boyo, and it has to be written entirely in sanskrit" 
"i call bullshit" 

3. "george w. bush is a great president" 
"i call bullshit"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I%20call%20bullshit. 

Here's an example of it used in on CNN headline:

Calling BS on Reid's Bain tax claims

Here's another from the Washington Post:

Calling BS on GOP ideas for job creation

And another from the The Hill (as in Capitol Hill, i.e. the US Congress):

White House calls 'BS' on GOP criticism of Obama spending

And another one from the DailyKOS.com:

These are well respected sources dealing with serious issues. I hope that satisfies your high standard of linguistic etiquette. If not, you can write CNN and the Washington Post and remind them not to be rude.

As for your other point, there's a clear and distinct difference between a geometrical peacock tail motif, and life-like painted statues of the animal. I hope I don't have to explain why!

I'm still highly sceptical of the OP's claim. But I remain open to better and more conclusive evidence to the contrary.
mr_z View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote mr_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 15:35
Originally posted by Nick1986

Mr. Z, please read this:
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6512&FID=3&PR=3

See above post. And if that's not satisfactory to you either, you can take whatever actions you deem necessary, as a moderator. I'm done teaching American English here!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2013 at 10:08

Mr. Z, please read this:

See above post. And if that's not satisfactory to you either, you can take whatever actions you deem necessary, as a moderator. I'm done teaching American English here!

Wow, 2 master trolls in one week, first 16string Jack and now MrZ.  Someone must have left the lid off the garbage can.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2013 at 20:25
Originally posted by red clay

Mr. Z, please read this:

Wow, 2 master trolls in one week, first 16string Jack and now MrZ.  Someone must have left the lid off the garbage can.

He's not contributed anything interesting to the topic. Unlike 16 String Jack, Mr Z's suspension would be no great loss
Jinit View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Jinit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2013 at 17:05
This is some sort of the propaganda. This isn't Persian mosque. This is the PArt of an Indian palace It is one of the gates of the courtyard of the Jaipur City palace known as Ridhi Sidhi Pol (Pol - Gate) built in Rajput style of architecture. Rajput Architecture is influenced by the Mughal architecture which in turn was influenced by Persian architecture. Besides Rajput architecture is also famous for beautiful peacok carvings on the wall. And may be that's the reason it looks like Persian Mosque.

Some more photographs of Ridhi Sidhi Pol. I hope they will clear the confusion created by OP.

PS: I can't minimize the images as I used to do in past. Is there any change in the settings?

Edited by Jinit - 01-May-2013 at 17:54
mr_z View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote mr_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2013 at 04:22
Originally posted by red clay

Mr. Z, please read this:

Your ad hominem is rather childish! I presented a compelling argument as to why the original claim was false, which was eventually thoroughly verified. No need for the adjectives!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12