Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anatolian Bump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anatolian Bump?
    Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 18:19
Originally posted by Afsar Beghi

OK message to all my dear forum friends
please send your gifts (min 5 euro) to my account 55656325 on the swiss national bank. It is very important cause I am in a identity crisis.
Thank you allLOLLOL

Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 18:24
Scorpius I dont need a greedy friend like youLOL
The bump means that I am a descendent of some old man with a beard, who fell on the back of his head, so he got a bump there, or it could also be that he was not liked by people so they hit him on the back of his head.
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 18:43
I think DNA is not a way to research your ethnic origin, cause haplogroups mutate through environment. So if I was from CA and I had a son who went to Anatolia, then we had different haplogroups, cause its mutating and adapting to the environment all the time. Thats why it is hard to find a connection between the turkic people ( cause they migrated all the time).
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 19:09

Scorpius I dont need a greedy friend like youLOL
The bump means that I am a descendent of some old man with a beard, who fell on the back of his head, so he got a bump there, or it could also be that he was not liked by people so they hit him on the back of his head.

Yeah I am greedy LOLWink.

If you say you are a Turk, then you are. You do not need a DNA test for that.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2006 at 22:40
DNA testing is a great way to test one's ancestry, but I doubt it has been perfected yet, ultimately it will be possible to test one's ancestry with a high precision, but not yet...thats an opinion though.

Halogroups do not mutate throughout the environment. If you had one son living in CA and another in Anatolia, they both of them would experience similar rates of mutations (the rate of which almost eqals 0). Unless of course the son in Anatolia is living in an environment with high levels of radiation or something...
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 03:40
Originally posted by mamikon

Halogroups do not mutate throughout the environment. If you had one son living in CA and another in Anatolia, they both of them would experience similar rates of mutations (the rate of which almost eqals 0). Unless of course the son in Anatolia is living in an environment with high levels of radiation or something...

Dude you are wrong , genes adopt to their environment , its called natural selection. And there is a lot difference between the environment of CA and Anatolia
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 03:45
Originally posted by Scorpius

Yeah I am greedy LOLWink.

If you say you are a Turk, then you are. You do not need a DNA test for that.

I totally agree with you on both thingsLOL
Turkicness is in my soul , so why bother and throw my money away ( I am greedy just like you)Wink.
alexISS View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote alexISS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 04:17

Originally posted by mamikon

Dude you are wrong , genes adopt to their environment , its called natural selection. And there is a lot difference between the environment of CA and Anatolia

Genes mutate randomly (through 'errors' in the dna copy process), and since only the successful mutations remain and dominate, it looks like the mutations are controlled by something, but they are not. Natural selection means just that; nature (the environment) "selects" the mutated species that adopt best to it.
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" Groucho
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 04:21
[/QUOTE]

Genes mutate randomly (through 'errors' in the dna copy process), and since only the successful mutations remain and dominate, it looks like the mutations are controlled by something, but they are not. Natural selection means just that; nature (the environment) "selects" the mutated species that adopt best to it.
[/QUOTE]

Ok I can be wrong, i was not he best at biology.
But what you say is that dna mutates randomly?
And what causes the errors in the copy process then?
alexISS View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote alexISS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 04:43

Ok I can be wrong, i was not he best at biology.

Nothing, it just happens, though not quite often of courseLOL
Unless there are special environmental conditions such as high radiation levels (as mamikon already mentioned)
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" Groucho
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 05:45

I think DNA is not a way to research your ethnic origin, cause haplogroups mutate through environment. So if I was from CA and I had a son who went to Anatolia, then we had different haplogroups, cause its mutating and adapting to the environment all the time. Thats why it is hard to find a connection between the turkic people ( cause they migrated all the time).

dude this takes 10 000's years not in 1000 ot 1200 years
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 07:43

Humans have one of the most precise DNA replication mechanisms,
nevertheless there is at least 1 mutation per 10^9 bases replicated
during mitosis or meiosis. As you are sitting and reading this
mutations occur in many of you cells, however, since you have two
alleles of the same "good" gene, if there is a random mutation, and one
of the nucleotides of the gene on one chromosome is changed so its
translational product is ineffetive, you still have another gene on the
other chromosome. It is very unlikely that mutation takes place
in the same cell, in the same locus, on the same gene, on the other
good chromosome. Thus we dont "feel" the effect of most of these
mutations.

However, since you are a guy, you are somewhat accursed with an only
one X chromosome and a useless Y chromosome. So my friend, a mutation
in your X chromosome will cost you dearly (one example is color
blindness; many males have, virtually no women do, since a gene
controlling color (and there are many of those) reside on the X
chromosome. So, I suggest you close this window (radiation) and enjoy
nature (dont forget sunblock).

Edited by mamikon - 19-Jul-2006 at 11:23
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 09:09
In conjunction with the above, viruses, such as HIV have incredibly high mutation rates. Thus, even though 99% of the mutations are lethal for the virus, the other 1% may give it immunity against certain antiviral drugs. The reason why multiple drugs are given to HIV patients (drug cocktails), is that it will be harder for the virus to achieve immunity to both drugs via mutations, but still possible.

Edited by mamikon - 19-Jul-2006 at 09:10
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 09:55
does HIV realy come from chimps
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 10:26
hahahaha , comic material all this. But most of you agree with me that Dna test are not reliable (i think).
and please stay ontopic
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2006 at 13:00

Well, for precise info about the DNA test, please, check National Geographic and www.ftdna.com (there are some other nice sites as well). Shortly I can tell you that, Y chromosome is passed down from father to son. If son gets a mutation he will still have his father's dna-markers intact and then his own descendant will inherit the grandfathers markers plus his father's mutated ones and so on. So there can not be a mistake Y-DNA test, the matter is how you interpret them (i.e. occuring time and place etc.)

maybe, you'll think that I have lot of money, but I was doubtful as well :):) so I made two independent DNA-tests and both coincided exactly: in Haplogroup and in Haplotype. If you finally decide to make a DNA test, I'd advise 37 marker test at www.ftdna.com It's not cheap, but very precise.

One more note deep ancestry goes back to the time when there were no ethnicities in the modern sense. All modern ethnicities, even the isolated ones, are mixture of the descendants of 2 or several Haplogroups.

Edited by Kardukhi - 19-Jul-2006 at 13:02
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2006 at 15:07
Could you post something of the research , and what you did expect before you took the test?
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2006 at 20:11
Actually I am somewhat curious myself. Also kardukhi, why did you decide to have the paternal test instead of maternal test (mtDNA).

Edited by mamikon - 20-Jul-2006 at 20:12
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 12:39
Proud of being Georgian and belonging to the old nobility I was just curious what modern genetic test could say about my ancestry. Since Georgians during the centuries had to fight numerous enemies of diffrent ethnic origin invading our country there was a chance that I could have non-Georgian origin. But the anonimous DNA test proved that my direct paternal ancestors live in the area for at least 23 000 years.

For me most important is paternal line that's why I took Y-Dna test, but I'm curious about maternal side as well, so when I collect 200 bucks I'm gonna test mtDna too!:):)
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 13:55
What was your haplogroup?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>