Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stecak DECIPHERED! Oldest reference!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stecak DECIPHERED! Oldest reference!
    Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 16:58
Stecak are monumental, medieval Bosnian tombstones that were erected primarily by followers of the independent Bosnian Church and are found nowhere else on earth.

One of the inscriptions on a particular stecak was recently deciphered properly, by international experts, and the translation has been published in numerous Bosnian magazines. It references the year 1094, the oldest confirmed reference of Bosnia as a separate entity in existence.

You can even now buy stecak souvenirs complete with the inscription in the modern Bosnian language.

The stecak read:

Which means:

This is a monument for Duke Nenc, The Great Duke of Bosnia, erected by his son Duke Muven, with the help of God and those loyal without any foreign help.

You, the one who will read my stone, you may have walked to the stars. And you came back because there is nothing there other than yourself.

Man can see what he has never seen, hear what he has never heard, taste what he has never tasted, be where he has never been before, but always and everywhere he can either find himself or not.

Much has happened in this world from my hand but nobody ever died or was killed because of me.

Would I have left my bones in a foreign land, even then I would be dreaming about Bosnia.

Man, in order not to be damned, don't touch me.

I came to rest here in the summer of 1094, during the drought, so there was not a single tear for me in the sky.

[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 18:07
hvala puno

very interesting
Helix View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Helix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2006 at 12:47

stecak with swastika
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2006 at 13:14
Would I have left my bones in a foreign land, even then I would be dreaming about Bosnia.

cudno uvjek nam kazu da bosna prije Turaka nije postojala
 lol

violentjack View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2006 at 07:57
Ko kaze to

Eh, zalosti

Ase pociva
Bosancica

Ne postoji Hrvatica ili Srbica
Prvi Bosanski rjecnik je izdan 1631 godine Uskufi

Srpski i Hrvatski dolaze tek 200 godina poslije
Bosnjaci,probudite se ili nestanite
 Post Reply Post Reply