Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistan's Slave Trade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pakistan's Slave Trade
    Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 19:36
I never said children in india were immune, i jsut don't feel your statistics are the ones to prove it.

Originally posted by Master_Blaster

India has nine times the poverty rate

no India has 9 times the poverty, the poverty rate is less

As i said, i don't believe im biased on this, but take a look at this site:
HIV in India
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 20:08
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

no India has 9 times the poverty, the poverty rate is less

The poverty rate in proportion to the population may be less but just measuring by sheer numbers, India has 221 million more people living below the poverty line. The article posted at the start of this topic implies that poverty leads to the exploitation of children in Pakistan. If this is the case, then the practice of child sex and slavery would be far more widespread. Capish?Cry
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 20:22

The poverty rate in proportion to the population may be less but just measuring by sheer numbers, India has 221 million more people living below the poverty line. The article posted at the start of this topic implies that poverty leads to the exploitation of children in Pakistan. If this is the case, then the practice of child sex and slavery would be far more widespread. Capish?Cry

Great so we take all the puslims out of India and send them your way and there will be a drastic drop in the poverty level.

If God did not create the horse, he would not have created the Rajput.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 20:36
It will still leave India with an extremely large impoverished population.

As well as take all the good looking people out. Shocked
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2006 at 08:59
The point I was trying to make with that Tawaif comment was mainly along the lines that most of them were an outcome of kidnappings etc. amongst the muslim communities (very strong in Pakistan) such as Hira Mandi.  I guess they never really gave me a chance to elaborate Unhappy.  Anyways if you read the synopsis of the movie Umrao Jaan you'll see what I mean.

If God did not create the horse, he would not have created the Rajput.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2006 at 19:41
Are you trying to say that there are absolutely no red light districts in India? I've heard Bombay, Calcutta, Goa, and Delhi are major destinations for kidnapped Nepalese teenagers who are forced into prostitution and sexual slavery.

Oh the hypocrisy! Before throwing stones at another's house - make sure your own home is not made of glass.
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2006 at 07:59

Are you trying to say that there are absolutely no red light districts in India? I've heard Bombay, Calcutta, Goa, and Delhi are major destinations for kidnapped Nepalese teenagers who are forced into prostitution and sexual slavery.

Oh the hypocrisy! Before throwing stones at another's house - make sure your own home is not made of glass.

oh yeh and for the record, incase you ever go, never use a prostitute in Mumbai, 70% have HIV. (but the majoirty of HIV is spread amongst druggies in the country)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2006 at 01:24
I think many of you are missing the point. 

The sex trade, which occurs in practically all countries of the world from Russia, China, UK, Canada and India must be stopped.  This sort of crime is horrendous, it is the worst form of human degradation possible.  In Pakistan, I have not seen of it personally but have read a few UN reports that it does exist.  Also, in regards to AIDS/HIV in Pakistan, being a doctor, I can tell you that the rate is extremely low and limited to individuals habitually visiting sex workers(locally, but mostly who visit abroad to countries like Thailand, India, Dubai), IV drug abusers, and illegal migrants from Bangladhesh and India(which is expected to have the highest population of Aids infected people in the world).  Rather than discussing the real problem, unfortunately many here are rambling on about irrational and petty things.  We need to scurge society of these evils.  While trying not to be biased,  I do think that Pakistani society is for the most part immune or has a very low percentage of slave trading/exploitation vis-a-vis the world average(though the fact that it exists minimally either doesnt make it right!) but I do concede I dont know about the poor masses (who make up around 30 milllion people) for poverty does tend to breed such problems and manifests them more potently!

Edited by watanyaara - 29-Jun-2006 at 01:26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12