Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hunlike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hunlike
    Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 10:57

What does a hun look like does he look like a mongol or a Turk

what's the deal. Please post pic if you have.

Because on the pics I have seen they look more european then the turks and mongols with this I mean bigger and harrier.

Btw is it true that they wern't a ethnic group but a mix of CA people fins and so on.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 12:50
The Mongols are a Turkic tribe, so I would imagine they look the same. The Huns are also a Turkic tribe but they were known to alter their appearances to look more fierce. For example, they would bind their heads from childhood so that their heads would develop into weird shapes.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 15:08
Originally posted by Belisarius

The Mongols are a Turkic tribe, so I would imagine they look the same. The Huns are also a Turkic tribe but they were known to alter their appearances to look more fierce. For example, they would bind their heads from childhood so that their heads would develop into weird shapes.

dude for real!!!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 15:20
Yes dude, for real.

The Huns that came into Europe probably mixed with peoples they came by.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 15:31
that shape thing is pretty mixed up.

Whit whom did they mix, is it the finns
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 16:17
It's impossible to tell since no one knows where the Finns truly originated. However, if we are to believe the Ural Mountains theory then perhaps some intermingling could have occured.
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 17:51
Originally posted by Belisarius

It's impossible to tell since no one knows where the Finns truly originated. However, if we are to believe the Ural Mountains theory then perhaps some intermingling could have occured.

You probably mean  the Volga Finns-as far as i know, ancestors of today finns were pretty much living in the same teritorry as today...

And if it's worth anything-in the south slavic tales-Attila was known as Atil the Dogface...as for the rest of the huns, i really don't know-although they're constantly portrayed as more or less average looking europeans in various documentaries...which is absurd...
"It's better to be a billionair for a lifetime then to live in poverty for a week"
               Bob Rock
 Post Reply Post Reply