Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atheists/Agnostics/Pagans/Kaffirs are better human beings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atheists/Agnostics/Pagans/Kaffirs are better human beings
    Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 09:57

Why don't you people realize that there are only Two Truths.

1. We don't know.
2. The Sun.

Anything else is just the Creation of the Human Mind.

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 13:55
Originally posted by Gargoyle

1. We don't know.
2. The Sun.

That means you're also a creation of the human mind. What do your parents think about that?

1 "We don't know" is the negation of "we know".  So, your statement could be rephrased like this:"We know that "we know" is false. " But since "we know" can be either true or false, noth both, then the statement's logical value is undetermined. Therefore what you stated has no meaning.

2 "The Sun" is not a statement, therefore you cannot refer to it as being true or false. If you meant that "the Sun exists" is true, then you should either prove it or define this as an axiom.

If you consider you two statements as axioms you should realize that if "we know" is false any statement that would be formulated would be automatically false otherwise it would contradict axiom1. So, what you  posted has no meaning.

Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 14:47
Originally posted by Gargoyle

1. We don't know.
2. The Sun.

I have explained my reasons for refusing to accept this particular universal system of belief, so long as the word only is included. By the way, those shades must come in handy in a universe that is largely defined by the Sun. Wink

-Akolouthos
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 15:14
the creation? Something i can't understand is, why a reasoner person today should believe the world is created befor 6000 years and in only 6 days? and why should this person believe the earth is like a rotating mark?

Edited by Maziar - 07-Jun-2006 at 15:15
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 22:48
Unless your claiming that the bible was written by men and it happens to be more accurate than modern science you should probably rethink that.

Its seems they knew man came fom the dust and that two cells devided to make the sexs, Adam and Eve. Jesus came along and said we are all one.

I mean how long did man really think we just appeared out of no where  and until  DNA  proved we are all of one specie man  once thought we were all of different races.The ancients knew it all along.Smile
Roadkill View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Roadkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 00:01
Its seems they knew man came fom the dust and that two cells devided to make the sexs, Adam and Eve. Jesus came along and said we are all one.

-Wow..... They actually understood that it takes a man and a woman to make a baby in the old days? They didn't think the stork dropped it on their doorstep? Yes, this is sarcasm. Due to the stupidity of the statement quoted I feel that it is only fair.

-The Bible is as ambiguous as the prophecies of Nostradamus, It's contents can be interpreted in so many ways.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 01:13
Originally posted by Barbarrosa

Second,  6x9=54, not 42.

Oh really? No wonder I got that question wrong!
lol,
No its from the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

The answer to the ultimate question...
of life...
the universe...
and everything is...

42!

And the question is;
What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

"I always thought there was something fundmentally wrong with the universe"

Originally posted by Chilbudios

6x9=42 when 7x2=11LOL

lol!LOLLOL

Originally posted by Maziar

the creation? Something i can't understand is, why a reasoner person today should believe the world is created befor 6000 years and in only 6 days?

You and me both Maziar, you and me both.
Does anyone know how the 6000 year figure was arrived at? Was it specifically mentioned in the OT or have people derived it from other data?

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 08-Jun-2006 at 01:14
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 06:55
Road kill, to rephase that, one cell divided into to two  cells,the sexs, Eve from Adam`s rib.Wink 
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 08:47
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Originally posted by Barbarrosa

Second,  6x9=54, not 42.

Oh really? No wonder I got that question wrong!
lol,
No its from the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

The answer to the ultimate question...
of life...
the universe...
and everything is...

42!

And the question is;
What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

"I always thought there was something fundmentally wrong with the universe"

Originally posted by Chilbudios

6x9=42 when 7x2=11LOL

lol!LOLLOL

Originally posted by Maziar

the creation? Something i can't understand is, why a reasoner person today should believe the world is created befor 6000 years and in only 6 days?

You and me both Maziar, you and me both.
Does anyone know how the 6000 year figure was arrived at? Was it specifically mentioned in the OT or have people derived it from other data?

The 6,000 year figure derived from genealogical evidence according to the extremist religious site, www.godsaidmansaid.com

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 08:52
Originally posted by docyabut

Unless your claiming that the bible was written by men and it happens to be more accurate than modern science you should probably rethink that.

I mean how long did man really think we just appeared out of no where  and until  DNA  proved we are all of one specie man  once thought we were all of different races.The ancients knew it all along.Smile

The Bible is not more accurate than modern science. First of all, the whole thing about Jesus being born from a virgin is the most scientifically innaccurate thing that I have ever heard. However, that was stolen from the story of Mithras, as with many other things about Jesus. The ancients did not know anything. Are you telling me that they thought we were all of the same species. It is not like many wars were fought over things like race, or ethnicity. The ancients had no clue about Adam and Eve. It is just a myth created and probably stolen from another religion.

Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 10:14
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

The Bible is not more accurate than modern science. First of all, the whole thing about Jesus being born from a virgin is the most scientifically innaccurate thing that I have ever heard. However, that was stolen from the story of Mithras, as with many other things about Jesus. The ancients did not know anything. Are you telling me that they thought we were all of the same species. It is not like many wars were fought over things like race, or ethnicity. The ancients had no clue about Adam and Eve. It is just a myth created and probably stolen from another religion.

Well of course, if we subscribe to a certain set of scientific principles and examine a system that doesn't fit with many of them, the system that doesn't fit will be deemed less accurate. The same could be said for science if one looks at things from a soteriological perspective. Using your example of the Virgin Birth:

Christ, as God, was conceived without human passion, for God does not beget like a human being. Christ was the divine Logos en-hypostasizing human flesh, and thus purifying humanity through grace. Etc.

Anyway, the gist is that the accuracy/innaccuracy of a belief is based upon the system used to examine it. I prefer to have faith "even if nature should rebel."

I do sympathize, however. I also get annoyed when people try to mix religion and science in order to try to "prove" some theory for which I feel faith provides a sufficient basis. It is an insult, both to the scientific community and to Christianity.

By the way. As for te 6000 year thing, I would ask everyone to look up the passage (I believe it's Isaiah) where something to this effect is said:

"A day for God is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day."

Not meant to be taken literally, it simply means that God, as eternal, is not subject to the same temporality that we are.

-Akolouthos

Edited by Akolouthos - 08-Jun-2006 at 10:15
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 20:49
Originally posted by Barbarossa

First of all, the whole thing about Jesus being born from a virgin is the most scientifically innaccurate thing that I have ever heard

Actually its not surprisingly:

The phenomenon of the birth of a normal individular without the fertilizingaction of the male is called 'parthenogenesis'. In the animal kingdom, parthenogenesis can be observed under certain conditions. This is true for various insects, certain invertebrates and, very occasionally, a select breed of bird. By way of experiment, it has been possible, for example, in certain mammals (female rabbits), to obtain the beginnings of a development of the ovule into an embryo at an extremely rudimentary stage without any invention of spermatozoon.

So scientifically, a vigin birth is concevably possible.

Originally posted by Ako

"A day for God is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day."

Like this Ako?
Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.[22:47]
He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning. [32:5]
The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years: [70:4]

Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 21:26

Like this Ako?
Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.[22:47]
He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning. [32:5]
The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years: [70:4]

At the risk of engaging in religious minimalism, yes, exactly like that. Wink Although I am no expert at interpreting the Koran, I do believe that the same thing is inferred by that passage as is posited in Isaiah.

-Akolouthos
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 07:12
Virgin birth ?  I agree with omar ,there are cases where the human body is of both sexs. Very rare,  however pregnancy can occur.

The 6000 thing , numbers in the Bible represent a meaning.Seven  means( the fullness of ) so when God made the world  in six,  he rested on the  seveth.
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 07:24
Exsamples

Elisha told Naaman to bathe in the Jordon seven times.

The seven sins.

Seven candle sticks

Jesus said forgive seventy times seven

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 22:58

Originally posted by Barbarossa

First of all, the whole thing about Jesus being born from a virgin is the most scientifically innaccurate thing that I have ever heard

The phenomenon of the birth of a normal individular without the fertilizingaction of the male is called 'parthenogenesis'. In the animal kingdom, parthenogenesis can be observed under certain conditions. This is true for various insects, certain invertebrates and, very occasionally, a select breed of bird. By way of experiment, it has been possible, for example, in certain mammals (female rabbits), to obtain the beginnings of a development of the ovule into an embryo at an extremely rudimentary stage without any invention of spermatozoon.

Incorrect. It is concievable for animals to have virgin births, but there has been no recorded virgin birth for human beings.

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 23:43

Incorrect. It is concievable for animals to have virgin births, but there has been no recorded virgin birth for human beings.

Humans being so different from Animals, especially when it comes to reproduction. Its not like we do it in the same way or anything is it?Wink

No record is not the same as impossible. It may have happened 100's of times yet people didn't realise and thought they must've done something a bit more that night.
(btw, there is one recorded virgin birth isn't there?Wink)

I also point out cloning. That is also reproduction without a father.
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 23:51
Originally posted by Omar Al Hashim

A virgin birth is only possible among parthenogenetic animals.  Parthenogenetic populations are typically all-female, which is not to compare with human kind. Parthenogenetic life forms have the special organs to reproduce their kind asexually. Human females haven't these organs, becouse the nature of human being is heterogamy.
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 23:55
Omar you may say God is allmighty and can let a virgin girl birth a child. But what is this for a God, who breaks his own rule?
And about cloning, you maybe need no father, but for sure you need sperm to produce a human kind.

Edited by Maziar - 09-Jun-2006 at 23:56
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 00:13
A virgin birth is only possible among parthenogenetic animals.  Parthenogenetic populations are typically all-female, which is not to compare with human kind. Parthenogenetic life forms have the special organs to reproduce their kind asexually. Human females haven't these organs, becouse the nature of human being is heterogamy.

Like rabbits? Surely no mammal can be described 'typically all-female'

Omar you may say God is allmighty and can let a virgin girl birth a child. But what is this for a God, who breaks his own rule?

What do you mean? Which rule? And why can't God break it if he wishes?

And about cloning, you maybe need no father, but for sure you need sperm to produce a human kind.

I'm sure your aware that cloning humans is a hotly debated topic that is theoretically possible, with several people claiming rightly or wrongly that they have done it.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 10-Jun-2006 at 00:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>