Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

America ! Protector of Human Rights. ; - (

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: America ! Protector of Human Rights. ; - (
    Posted: 03-May-2006 at 14:15

I was wondering to get some information regarding the usage of chemical and biological weaponery on Afghanistan by America and I was totaly shocked to see and read the below link.

The reason I haven't added the original data and rather am providing the link is that some of the pictures maybe disturbing so PEOPLE WITH WEAK HEARTS PLEASE DON'T TRY IT.

THE LINK:- http://www.rense.com/general70/deathmde.htm (no hot links, use copy and paste)

Now I would like to know how much is it accurate and are the posibilities this horrible, if so then WHERE IS THE HUMAN RIGHTS now ?

aska_lankas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aska_lankas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 21:20
well america is like that make up the rules for the world to follow and if any country breaks these rules attack them. personally i hate george bush and my country australia for counting america one of our allies as america thinks they own the world of today.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 21:58
How can we be sure those pictures are from Afghanistan and actually caused by DU, and not something else?
Member of IAEA
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 22:18

america is the best superpower to have emerged on the earth so far.

would you rather have the soviet union reigning over the world? china? india? etc...

i wouldnt!

Gharani, if it wasnt for the USA afghanistan would still be under the taliban.

come on, when america doesnt help you, you just complain, when america does help you, you complain.

i also saw another one of your posts which really offended me as an american.

Originally posted by Gharanai

United States: The land that became a country, The country that became a super power and the Super Power who did the mistake his predecessors had already done (ENGAGED WITH AFGHANISTAN)

do you want the USA to leave afghanistan right now and let the country go back into civil war?

what do you want the USA to do? the fact is that the USA invading afghanistan has been the best thing to happen to the country in who knows how long.

afghanistan will prosper now but it will take time! i wonder what you will say in 50 years when afghanistan (Hopefully) becomes a developed nation!

Edited by Iranian41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 22:23
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 23:07

Oh, swell site, they lost me somewhere around "Zionist Manipulations" and "The United States of Israel" 

Not biased,      much.  

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 23:18

Just in from a private source, unfortunately not identifiable, but a hell of lot more credible than that site.

"Symptoms I observed, not consistent with DU exposure."

Gahrani,     Where does "Chemical and Biological Warfare" fit into use of DU ammunition?

Edited by red clay
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 01:22

Below is an earlier discussion on DU and war crimes. It will also highlight the acceptance of willful barbarism and how some people percieve themselves as living in an insular world. The british forces I believe also used DU munitions in Iraq, not sure about Afghanistan.

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9548& ;KW=depleted&PN=0&TPN=1

But if things carry on like this, I would not be shocked if some Iraqi or afghani set off a dirty bomb in densly populated area of US. Lets hope Us comes to its senses. Undiscriminating munitions especially those that perpetruate harm after the end of a conflict should be banned immediately as were landmines.

For those less inclined to read, here are some visuals. (Some of the flash have been put together for the purpose of democratic propoganda, but do not negate the validity of the general points presented)

TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 03:12

There's little doubt DU causes chromosome abnormalities. In one study it was found that soldiers from regions where DU was used were 2-14 times as likely to have chromosome abnormalities. It's very reasonable to find more severely deformed individuals amongst those people who have more chromsome mutations -  the unlucky ones will get a mutation in important coding regions. But DU is known to increase the chances of severe deformities amongst such babies for sure.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/politics/story/0,6903,772633, 00.html 

Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 03:13
why do they even try to keep those babies alive??
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 07:43
Malformated phoetus, at least one
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Dark Age View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dark Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 11:39
Here's another site, this time with DU babies in Iraq:

http://www.notinkansas.us/index.html

I respectfully suggest that those who deny the possibility of American war crimes head down to the local VA Hospital and talk to some Vietnam vets about Agent Orange for a more historical perspective.  Nothing gets in the way of US foreign policy.  Certainly not ethics, morals or a sense of humanity.  Too many people have a rose-colored glasses-type look at this country and the denial is shameful.  That's why they get away with it every time.

There is a reason why deserters of the military are at such high levels and it's not the "lib'ral media."

Edited by Dark Age
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 15:40

Originally posted by Iranian41ife

would you rather have the soviet union reigning over the world? china? india? etc...

Well to be very much honest while seeing such information as above I would certainlly say that Soviets were way better than this.

Dear could you first of all let me know some bad points of Pure Taliban (I am talking about the ones which came to power in the begining and who were not allied along US puppet OBL), there was fair justice, education for all (by all I mean Girls and Boys, but only in the begining year) and many many other qualities that current government still lack.

come on, when america doesnt help you, you just complain, when america does help you, you complain.

I would like to know DID AMERICA HELPED US OR ITSELF ???

United States: The land that became a country, The country that became a super power and the Super Power who did the mistake his predecessors had already done (ENGAGED WITH AFGHANISTAN)

First of all I am really sorry if that has really offended you or anyone else, but you can't change my way of thinking as well, and that's what I think.

do you want the USA to leave afghanistan right now and let the country go back into civil war?

I would prefer Civil War than the USA, as atleast in civil war, above sort of things didn't happend.

what do you want the USA to do? the fact is that the USA invading afghanistan has been the best thing to happen to the country in who knows how long.

Then you might be (or maybe for sure) really happy to see an Invasion of Iran by USA as will.

afghanistan will prosper now but it will take time! i wonder what you will say in 50 years when afghanistan (Hopefully) becomes a developed nation!

Hmmmm Time will tell us alot.

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 15:47

Originally posted by cattus

Rense?

http://www.rense.com/ 

Dear Cattus,
If you see my first post, you will read "I was wondering to get some information regarding the usage of chemical and biological weaponery on Afghanistan by America and I was totaly shocked to see and read the below link."

So I just came up with it and wanted to know more regarding it nothing else.

Now I would like to know how much is it accurate and are the posibilities this horrible, if so then WHERE IS THE HUMAN RIGHTS now ?

Edited by Gharanai

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 16:31

Originally posted by Genghis

How can we be sure those pictures are from Afghanistan and actually caused by DU, and not something else?

Refer to my first post saying "Now I would like to know how much is it accurate and are the posibilities this horrible, if so then WHERE IS THE HUMAN RIGHTS now?"

In my first post I did declare that I am not sure of it so I asked you all about it and you are asking me back, isn't that some sort of a...

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 16:38

Originally posted by red clay

Gahrani,     Where does "Chemical and Biological Warfare" fit into use of DU ammunition?

Well dear I am sorry but we were thought in school that Uranium is a Chemical Element, and DU stands for Depleted Uranium (I guess).

Uranium:
A heavy silvery-white metallic element, radioactive and toxic, easily oxidized, and having 14 known isotopes of which U 238 is the most abundant in nature. The element occurs in several minerals, including uraninite and carnotite, from which it is extracted and processed for use in research, nuclear fuels, and nuclear weapons. Atomic number 92; atomic weight 238.03; melting point 1,132C; boiling point 3,818C; specific gravity 18.95; valence 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Depleted Uranium:
Depleted uranium (DU) is uranium which contains mostly Uranium-238 and a reduced proportion of the isotope Uranium-235. It is a toxic byproduct of the enriching of natural uranium for use in nuclear reactors. DU is what is left over when most of the fissile radioactive isotopes of uranium are removed. The names Q-metal, depletalloy, and D-38, once applied to depleted uranium, have fallen into disuse.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 16:58
I would rather have >2 superpowers to keep other in check.
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 17:47

Originally posted by Iranian41ife

Well to be very much honest while seeing such information as above I would certainlly say that Soviets were way better than this.

no, there would not have been democracy, there would not have been the remotest possibility of human rights, nothing but communism.

i cant believe you are even saying such things.

Dear could you first of all let me know some bad points of Pure Taliban (I am talking about the ones which came to power in the begining and who were not allied along US puppet OBL), there was fair justice, education for all (by all I mean Girls and Boys, but only in the begining year) and many many other qualities that current government still lack.

and muslims wonder why they get so much criticism.

the taliban were bad in every single way shape and form, even the early ones.

I would like to know DID AMERICA HELPED US OR ITSELF ???

both.

First of all I am really sorry if that has really offended you or anyone else, but you can't change my way of thinking as well, and that's what I think.

you can think what you want.

I would prefer Civil War than the USA, as atleast in civil war, above sort of things didn't happend.

your right, WORSE things happened.

Then you might be (or maybe for sure) really happy to see an Invasion of Iran by USA as will.

irans situation is different than afghanistan's situation was.

iran will turn into another iraq, therefore no war. but afghanistan was already in civil war, the economy was broke, everyone was poor, afghanistan was the poorest nation in the world, there was no infrastruction, NOTHING.

you cannot compare iran to afghanistan. afghanistan can only get better, iran will get worse, just like iraq.

Hmmmm Time will tell us alot.

yes it will.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 22:32

Originally posted by red clay

Well dear I am sorry but we were thought in school that Uranium is a Chemical Element, and DU stands for Depleted Uranium (I guess).

Uranium:
A heavy silvery-white metallic element, radioactive and toxic, easily oxidized, and having 14 known isotopes of which U 238 is the most abundant in nature. The element occurs in several minerals, including uraninite and carnotite, from which it is extracted and processed for use in research, nuclear fuels, and nuclear weapons. Atomic number 92; atomic weight 238.03; melting point 1,132C; boiling point 3,818C; specific gravity 18.95; valence 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Depleted Uranium:
Depleted uranium (DU) is uranium which contains mostly Uranium-238 and a reduced proportion of the isotope Uranium-235. It is a toxic byproduct of the enriching of natural uranium for use in nuclear reactors. DU is what is left over when most of the fissile radioactive isotopes of uranium are removed. The names Q-metal, depletalloy, and D-38, once applied to depleted uranium, have fallen into disuse.

DU ammunition is used for it's high density and ability to penetrate most armor. It's toxicity levels are regulated.  There is no doubt that DU presents health risks, to both users and targeted enemies.

The term Chemical and Biological Warfare indicates use of those agents alone to inflict damage to an enemy= Nerve Gas, Anthrax, Smallpox etc.

Also, I responded to the images in the site you posted.  The assessment I received from my unnamed medical source referred to those photos. 

I am not unaware of the damage war can cause nor am I treating it lightly.  I am though pointing out that your post was not as casual as you would have me believe and the use of certain terms and phrases were deliberate, as was the use of that site on which the photos of the supposed or alleged DU exposed children appeared.

You asked for opinions, that is mine. 

Unknown.
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 22:53

Is anyone else starting to see a trend in Gharanai and malizai's posts. It's like they were writen in a cave somewhere on the western border of Pakistan by a certain organization. Words can be weapons too. Hmm... makes you wonder.

One of the drawbacks of a community like this is you never really know who you're talking to, whether it's a average person or a fanatic somewhere. As for me I've had enough of their crap and will ignore them from now on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>