Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Power of the Image and the Fundamental property of Humanity.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pieinsky View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pieinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Power of the Image and the Fundamental property of Humanity.
    Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 18:46

Image is often used as a medium to fit in into social groups. Clothes often act as symbols conveying certain messages to the outside world. A politician wearing a flowery sh*t and a bathing suit while making a speech would never be taken seriously.  People will become part of the echo of things just to fit in.

As expressed previously in another topic people are often rated and judged by the clothes they wear. With many groups and sub groups each leached with their own uniform.>>

To some people even the people you befriend seem a reflection of their own image. For example I have noticed that the most attractive girls hang around together separating and self-segregating themselves from less attractive females as if perceiving them as a deficit to their own attraction. This has become increasingly dominant in my year as I move up through school. I wonder if girls power is sometimes defined by their ability to attract boys. I suppose power takes many forms. For my own sex I dont notice this attitude as much. Maybe its because boys feel that girls dont care so much about this thing and their not willing to sacrifice friendships for that reason. Or maybe it something I havent discovered yet.>>

Since humans are avidly social beings as mentioned numerous times in this forum we see it as an obligation or the highest necessity to be accepted into social groups, sometimes this desperateness makes us join an ideological group which ideology we have thought little about, too concerned with making the genera. This need has sometimes made us lose our ability of critical thinking.>>

Language comes in many forms, verbal, exterior body movement language (body language) and images. This is an expansive subject that we can take many places. So please write in this topic on what you think the consequences of the fit in need is, and on the symbolic meanings of appearance. 

Edited by Pieinsky
 Post Reply Post Reply