Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total Quiz XI.4 - Thanks for playing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Quiz XI.4 - Thanks for playing!
    Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 06:57

Or - Kublai Kahn (reminds of Shere Khan - the tiger in the Jungle Book) - visted by Marco Polo. 
Although I had a feeling that was too obvious, apparently there could be more answers to this question.

Just an observation.

That was exactly my first thoughts too, except for the "father of my country" part of the question. It sounded too good to be true.

If we are going to be voting for the best questions then that one would win in my opinion. Well, that and question number 5, both of which took majority of my time trying to answer (a long time).

Edited by Goban
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 09:27
i was thinking barbur, father of the moghul dynasty.
babayaga was the ugly woman
and baba i believe appeared in dumbo, or baboo from jungle book.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 11:42

Best question:

I seem to have differant criteria for best question than many others here. It is rare that I think the one that doesn't get answered is the best and this round was no differant. Sorry Poirot i hated #15   but on the other hand 17 was great! Gave you just enough info to send you in all kinds of directions but was still very difficult.  so 17 is my choice for best question with hounerable mentions to #16,#5,#8

Decebal: yesterday it was not official but today it is. Congrates on a well played game. You are a master  We Canadians have domonated lately but I think we may be in trouble as several new players have done very well - Goban great firist entry ,better than mine was. BoudiccasWrath played very well again .  Paul if you ever get all your alter egos to play under one name you will win for sure  

anyways great game everyone it was fun . see you in three months time.

Imperator Invictus and Poirot thank you for running a great quiz again   its lots of work but we appreciate it.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 15:40
there is another (major) inaccuracy. Thomas Mntzer was NOT the leader of the German peasants uprising, he was just a local leader for the peasants of Thringia. the peasants uprising was never organized.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234