Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who was the ancestor of Turkic tribes ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who was the ancestor of Turkic tribes ?
    Posted: 02-May-2006 at 09:13
Originally posted by oghuzkb

Originally posted by raygun

Hmm... But both ancestors of Turkic and Mongolic tribes were claimed to be from the Lake Baykal region, yes? Then why were they so different in apperence?

no ,its different.Turks originated from Altay region,Mongolic people from east part of Onun river(Heilong jiang)  and Ussuri river,mainly from north part of Korean peninsula.All mongolic people expand from exactly same place.

Yes, Chinese historical books always differenciated the people in the north.  Tungustic people were mainly forest people, and they were not the original steppe nomads.

But present day Mongols are also pretty different from their ancestral Shiwei people ( Dong Hu or Wu Huan). In the spette, they were mixed with the Turkic tribes, and in this sense they are the decendents of the people who were original to this region.

Originally posted by oghuzkb

Originally posted by raygun

Which people right now personifies the Turkic characteristics 1000 years ago? Do the Turks in Turkey show that? Or the Kazahks and Uygurs?

I would rather say Turks in Turky, Ozbeks and Uighurs in southern east turkistan show that characters,cause these people less got influenced.

I don't think there is such a  Turkic group. Turks in Turkey mixed with the local Anatolians and other groups, as Uyghur (Uzbek) mixed with the local Toharians and Saka, Soghdians. Qazaq, Qirghiz, Qipchaq Uzbek, Tuva etc mixed with Saka, Uysun, Mongols and Qitans, While Tatar with Mongols and Slavians, Azaris with Caucasians and other groups. Turkman (Oghuz) might be more pure during the past 1000 years, but still we can't ignore some mixed ratio with the locals and Mongols.  

As I stated earlier,  even during Hunnic period the intermixing went on. Huns had strong Tungustic influence, considering the region were ruled by Huns. So when the Oghuz people started to migrate, they had already mixed with the Tungnustic people pretty much. I think this is what is called Turanoid. My opinion is that the main stream ancestors of Turkic people were Caucasian.  As it was clear from the records that they were different from Toharians (Rouzhi, Yuechi who were Indo European) and also from Tungustic people (who were Mongolian). 

Either make a history or become a history.
Otto Liman Von Sanders View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Otto Liman Von Sanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 03:43

The one and only ancestor of Turkic tribes:

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 23:14

When do you guys ever stop kidding?

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 12:10

Well, most of Mongol Army was consisted of Turks. Even if all of them were really Mongolian, they couldn't have been able to change the physical characteristics widely in Central Asia, as it's seen today. You might be right if you point to a small percentage of people here. But you see most of us Mongoloid.

I'm sure you're correct when talking about Hunnic Skeletons. But all Russian excavations in the places where were original Turks dwelling show that these people were Asiatic, I mean Mongoloid and not Caucaid.

I guess (just guess; can't explain exactly) that this must be of fault. You know how Kyrkizes are descried in Chinese sources? Blonde who have got blue eyes. And it is said they are the only Turks who burnt their deads. But all these sentences make me think of Slavs; Blonde, Blue eyes and they burnt their deads.

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 12:25

considering Turks were a great percentage in Mongol horde and supposing they were physically different, we should expect some of the old horde and its descendants to be rather caucaian. But just take a look at Hazara people in Afghanistan and Iran. All of them quite Mongoloid; with no yellow hair or green or brown eyes. I told you most of them believe their fathers spoke Turkic and not Mongolian.

What's more, all Iranian and most of Russian books give Turks picture as Asiatic and not Caucaid.

Besides, eyes and hair are not the only matters which are taken into account. There are very narrow points more important than eyes. You've got to be first Mongoloid and then to live among these people to see what I mean.

Anyhow, Sources for both views could be supported. But really, for a man who have been brought up in Central Asia, I can't believe our ancestors were Caucaid. Could you?

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 12:28
And because I suppose Turks were/are Mongoloid, I all think Turks & Mongolians are branches of the same family. All Mongolod people (Turks & Mongols, Manchu- Tungusic people, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans) have originated from the Peking Man sometime before. Now, this divison might be a very long time ago. So long that you can't propose close relationship, except for a few of them.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 23:09

Sorry qardash, you are totally wrong. Human movement took different routes in the history.  Just check some DNA results. You will find Turkic and Chinese are completely different. Anyway, if you want to go further, all humans came from one man.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 23:26
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Well, most of Mongol Army was consisted of Turks. Even if all of them were really Mongolian, they couldn't have been able to change the physical characteristics widely in Central Asia, as it's seen today. You might be right if you point to a small percentage of people here. But you see most of us Mongoloid.

As I stated earlier, this intermixing had been going on even before Hunnic period. Almost all Mongols after Chengiz in the central Asia became Turkic except Kalmyq. Where have they gone?

I'm sure you're correct when talking about Hunnic Skeletons. But all Russian excavations in the places where were original Turks dwelling show that these people were Asiatic, I mean Mongoloid and not Caucaid.

Are you sure these graves belonged to the Turkic people, even if they lived there some time in the history? You know Mongol tribes also lived there.

I guess (just guess; can't explain exactly) that this must be of fault. You know how Kyrkizes are descried in Chinese sources? Blonde who have got blue eyes. And it is said they are the only Turks who burnt their deads. But all these sentences make me think of Slavs; Blonde, Blue eyes and they burnt their deads.

Kyrgyz people were living in the upper Yenisey. How come they have any relation with Slav who were living even on the other side of the Ural mountains? Kyrgyz is one of the ancient Turkic tribes.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2006 at 23:42
Originally posted by gok_toruk

considering Turks were a great percentage in Mongol horde and supposing they were physically different, we should expect some of the old horde and its descendants to be rather caucaian. But just take a look at Hazara people in Afghanistan and Iran. All of them quite Mongoloid; with no yellow hair or green or brown eyes. I told you most of them believe their fathers spoke Turkic and not Mongolian.

If they call themselves Turkic, then they are Turkic. There should be thourough research on them.  Still it's sure they had very strong Mongol influence. 

What's more, all Iranian and most of Russian books give Turks picture as Asiatic and not Caucaid.

I was not saying Turkic people were Caucasian when they had contact with the Iranians and Russians. At this time, they had been mixed up pretty much. Don't forget about the exagerated desctription of the historians. Anyway, Turanoid is different from these people.

Anyhow, Sources for both views could be supported. But really, for a man who have been brought up in Central Asia, I can't believe our ancestors were Caucaid. Could you?

Sorry, I drew my conclutions according to the facts, as we are talking about the origin. Believing in something is your personal thing.  Acutally race isn't that important. It's the culture which is most important. 

Dayanhan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Dayanhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 15:37
Tommy, Yu Yen (?, probably Ruru, Ruran) was not Yakuts.

They are Mongols and in Mongol language, "Ruru and Rurans (Chinese pronunciation)" are called "Jujaan (Rrurran)" and "Jurjan" in Uighur-Turkic.

In contrast, Yakuts are Sakha people in Siberia and they are mainly Turkic people, with a lot of Mongol elements.

According to historical data, the early Turk tribes served the "Jujaans" as "Tumurchilik kol (smith-laboror or slaves)", after they exited from their ancestral cave, because they were excellent iron smiths.
Veritas lux mea est!
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 13:03

You're also right 'qartash'; but its movements. We've got limited kind of human-like monkeys (or what? something like that). In the area we're talking about, I mean, Eastern Asia, all people have originated from the Peking Man. This is what they discuss in Anthropology.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 13:07
'Where have they gone? ' That's the point. If they were quite different from Turks, so why can't we trace them for the time being? Turks migrated to China, lived them for almost a hundred years. Then got back to Mongolia. There are Turkmens living in Iran, living there in a completely different society; but still resembling they're Turkmen; language and culture have remained different than Iranian. Ask Iranian people in AE about Iranian Turkmens. This also applies for Kazaks of Iran. Or Turkic people in Afghanistan. They've been living there for more than a thousand years. Still they're Turkic. Right?
Why should we think only Turks are good at keeping their ethnicity very well. Mongols, if quite different, should have remained different. But you see, they're disappeard here.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 13:11
Well, we know Mongols used to live far north while Turks inhabiting Central Mongolia. This does not change the fact that all skeletons, from southern Mongolia to northern Siberia are all Mongoloid. So, if any Turk (if we claim so) is caucaian, what's the reason we can't find any so called man?
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 13:14
I told you about the relationship (in a war, it was) that Kirkiz people hleped a Slave tribe. And the descriptions found in Chinese history about Kyrkizes might be due to they fault in distinguishing these people; they were quite far from China. Especially when they say Kyrkizes used to burn their dead people. Is it common in Shamansim?
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 13:18
The fact is that Hazaras are like Central Asians, rather than Mongolians who are like Tungusic people. 

'Don't forget about the exagerated desctription of the historians'. This is the point I'm trying to tell you. Iranians and Russians say Turks were Mongoloid.  If you belive this statement, how come you just focus on Chinese briefings?

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 13:34

In 'Mongol History', there goes a part to talk about a group of people who are Turks. It says they were Mongols first; but left Mongolia a long time ago.

Yeah, accepting truth is a persoanl matter. That's why you've got your own way; and I've got mine too (sen yolung qa; men te oz yolum qa).
I just can't accept different linage in east Asia. Becuase, simply it's not accepted in Anthropology. The way I belive suggests that Mongols are simillar to Japanese or Koreans or Chinese racially; but they seprated a long time ago... so that no further similarity could be taken into account.

You might say Turks have mixed up with other races more than Mongols; but I don't believe them to be different.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 03:41
Mongols ruled in Azerbaican and a group of them in Baghdad also. 'Sulduz' tribe in Azerbaican; while 'Jalayir' took control in Baghdad. We should expect some people (let's say at least to the numbers of a hand) to have Mongoloid looks there, huh? But the answer is no.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 03:48
You know, we've got ethnolinguistics and anthropological linguistics. The fundemental concern of these branches of science is to investiage relationship between language and the people . Structure of a particular language is determined by or determines the form and content of the culture with which it is associated. Vocabulary differences between languages correlate obviously enough with these kinds of differences. Some of the major grammatical distinctions in certain languages have originated in culturally important categories (the dintinction between an animate and inanimate gender, for instance).
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 03:54

The 'Whorfian hypothesis' is the thesis that one's thought and even perception are determined by the language one happens to speak. Anthropologists continue to draw upon linguistics for the help it can give them in the analysis of such topic as the structure of kinship. A more recent development is the application of nations derived from generative grammer to the analysis of ritual and other kinds of cultural behaviors.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 03:59
These are the facts to which I refer to reach my conclusion. We both need further study. Time will clarify everything.

Oh, by the way, Wink ... peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>