Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Historical Maps of Greece

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
nikodemos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nikodemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Historical Maps of Greece
    Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 07:49
The location of macedonian tombs.

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 08:37
Originally posted by Anton

Originally posted by akritas

please when you post something with a unknown language like the Slavmacedonian must be carefull
Do you mean the same for every other non-English language, or you somehow make Macedonian language special?
I mean a language that you cannot understand it.As  Bulgarian you know the languge because is similar with yours.

I can translate what is written in it -- it is a map of different dialects of modern Macedonian language in places where Macedonians live.
Not in Greece and speacially in  Cental and Eastern Macedonia as this map show.

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 08:47
This map means those greeks that you call slavophonic Big smile
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 10:41

This map means those greeks that you call slavophonic Big smile
This is the mistake of the map.Slavphones(Greeks,Bulgarian,Slamacedonians)  living in Western Macedonia, a region that born at the past the Bulgarian Ohrana and the Yugoslav NOFWink

Edited by akritas - 25-Aug-2006 at 10:42
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 11:51

This is the mistake of the map.Slavphones(Greeks,Bulgarian,Slamacedonians)  living in Western Macedonia, a region that born at the past the Bulgarian Ohrana and the Yugoslav NOFWink

Didn't get your point.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 12:54

Didn't get your point.
My point is that there are not Slavphones in the Central and Eastern Greek Macedonia.There are in the Western,  a region that in the past was a war theater between Greeks,Bulgarians and Slavmacedonians.Now you get the picture why the map is fake?
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 13:12
In which part of Macedonia is Solun, oops, Thessaloniki?
Anyway Greco deleted this map. Shame on him Smile
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 14:01

In which part of Macedonia is Solun, oops, Thessaloniki?
Anyway Greco deleted this map. Shame on him Smile
so you insist that  the specific map is not fake. Shame on youSleepy
BTW Solun or S(C)eloun is the Slavic name of the Thessaloniki ?

Edited by akritas - 25-Aug-2006 at 14:01
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 14:24
nikodemos nice map  that show the mucenean sites. SmileHammond in the History of the Macedonia (Vol I)mention a lot as about these sites(mainly burials) and the findings that show the Hellenic presence in the area in the 1200 B.C. Big smile

Edited by akritas - 25-Aug-2006 at 14:24
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 14:32

so you insist that  the specific map is not fake. Shame on youSleepy
BTW Solun or S(C)eloun is the Slavic name of the Thessaloniki ?

Did I insist something here? I just asked questions. Shame on you Tongue

Yes, Solun is slavic name of Thessaloniki. So, in which part of Macedonia it is?

Edited by Anton - 25-Aug-2006 at 14:58
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 15:18
So if the Bulgarian-Slavic form  is Solun so why the 10th cent  slavic inscription(Methodios life) mention C(S)eloun and  the Theassalonians as Celounians?

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 15:41
I do not know. What is your suggestion? Are you sure it is Methodius life? First of all, I don't remember about such. There was several Constantine/Cyrill's life stories. Second, my impression is that the part you show us is an actually "Passed years history", which is in Russian.  Russians could be mistaken Smile. If you are trying to prove that Solun is derived from Thessaloniki -- I have no doubt about that.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 15:46
You are the slav speaker not me.So I don't have any suggestion as about this.Smile
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 15:47
But, Akritas, don't be bulled that Seloun is the only Slav spelling of Thessalonici. Another Cyril's biography writes it as Solun.

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 15:58
date?
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 16:00

You are the slav speaker not me.So I don't have any suggestion as about this.Smile

But you ment something with that or just mentioned interesting fact? If just mentioned, then thank you very much.It is interesting indeed. If you ment something -- finish please Smile
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 16:09

date?

Dunno. About the same time. This is actually proposed to be Cyrill's autobiography. But what I posted might be later re-writing. Why don't we move that discussion to linguistic forum?

Edited by Anton - 25-Aug-2006 at 16:11
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 16:12
I mean that the first Slavic inscription(885 at Moravia, Methodios Life, V,8) mention the Thessaloniki as Celoun and not as Solun and  the Thessalonians as Celounians.Simply linquistic facts as about the origin of a name that has Greek root.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 16:28
Oh, I see.  You are still arguing with those who claim that Ancient Macedonians were slav speaking LOL  I am not among them. By the way where did you get this Methodius Life from? And as soon as you look at this fact as a proof please let me know how "Thessa" becomes "Selou"? Cool

Edited by Anton - 25-Aug-2006 at 16:32
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 16:38
Is from a Greek book, with title  Byzantium-Slav-Holly Mountain ,Thessaloniki,2006 by the Greek professor Tahiaos(speak 8 languages, include Serbo-Croatian,Bulgarian,Russian,Slavmacedonian e.t.c.) and describe the Slavic influence in Byzantium .The book contain a lot of Slavic sourses  and has several chapters.One of them is the origin of the Saints and has a very good analysies from the 7 old Slavic biographies.
The book is in old Encyclopedia Size with 570 pages.

Edited by akritas - 25-Aug-2006 at 16:39
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>