Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hinduism Under Siege

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hinduism Under Siege
    Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 10:57
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

European masters

i hounestly couldnt care less whats going on between you and Rajput but please in the future refrain from using European masters
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 11:00

Most Indians fought on the Allied side because their colonial masters drafted them, not because they were anti-Nazi.

Indian's are allowed to have an opinion.........and besides, most didn't fight becasue they were drafted, they fought becasue they were promised independance.

but it's not as if they didnt care........
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 15:07
Originally posted by AlokaParyetra

wow, in all honesty, i never knew there was any sort of Hindu following in Turkey. Thanks for enlightening me. The things you learn on this forum...

Yes, there are hindu-turks also some hindu-arabs. But none of the hindu organizations cares about the hindus in muslim countries, none of the noble swamis visit us, we don't have any support from our brothers.

So please  dear brothers think about Hinduism, not only about India. We hindus are not only in India and not only indians. Bharat is our sacred land and beloved mother but please brothers dont forget the orphans of Bharat Mata. Please think globally. Hindus should consider that we are also an ummah like muslims. An ummah (ummet) has many nations inside it. Hinduism aka Sanatana Vaidika Dharma also has many nations, one of them is hindu-turks and hindu-arabs. There are a lot of new hindus among americans in USA also. Support Hindu Renaissance.

I wish I had better english , regards

Edited by sankaranatarajan
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 16:02

Originally posted by sankaranatarajan

Yes, there are hindu-turks also some hindu-arabs. But none of the hindu organizations cares about the hindus in muslim countries, none of the noble swamis visit us, we don't have any support from our brothers.

I had heard of the hindu arabs and have seen a documentary on television about them but never hindu-turks; but it is definitely good to know.  Also I was looking into the community of Yazidis and found some similarities to hindus.  And there are so many Hindus in Thailand, Indonesia etc.

If God did not create the horse, he would not have created the Rajput.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 03:05
How can Hindus be under siege when India are occupying Kashmir? Isn't the other way around? Just curious.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 05:09
Originally posted by Cent

How can Hindus be under siege when India are occupying Kashmir? Isn't the other way around? Just curious.

You'd think so wouldn't you?
They're also in power in India, wait, the PM is a sikh, well they appear to be in power in India

btw, the Kurds have a friend in me.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 12:38
Originally posted by Cent

Muslim Kashmiri's (im guessing you were talking bout the muslims there) arn't being killed in mosques.

The only people who would be in those hindu temples are hindu's.

Therefore, as hindu's are being killed in mandirs, the violence is directed towards hindus and not any other religion in India. As hindu's are being killed in Hindu places of worship, the statement hinduism is under seige holds.

and Omar, yes, our PM is sikh, and a genious. Our president is a muslim, and also a genious. Our best film actors are muslims.....i cant really comment on their IQs however Parsi's tend to do quite well in the country. You can't really say its hindus who are in power. If this was a few years ago then i would agree (BJP)

And for the record, still no violence after the varanasi bomb blasts.

Edited by Anujkhamar
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 19:59

hounestly couldnt care less whats going on between you and Rajput but please in the future refrain from using European masters

Only those with European masters need worry.

If you are not a coconut (vast majority of Indians aren't), I am obviously not talking about you.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2006 at 06:52
The term is still highly racist, even if it doesnt apply to me.

As for coconut.....are people still using that?! i mean, people tend to stop using the word after they're like 15 or something, but hey, whatever rocks your boat i guess
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2006 at 19:35

The term is still highly racist, even if it doesnt apply to me.

It's not racist at all. Indians had European imperialist masters, this is a historical fact. It is also a fact that they were kicked out of India, thanks to the courage of anti-imperialist Indians.

But unfortunately a small minority of Indians still long for those days, desparately trying to attract the attention of Westerners. My words are directed to those people. 

As for coconut.....are people still using that?! i mean, people tend to stop using the word after they're like 15 or something, but hey, whatever rocks your boat i guess

Sorry, my knowledge of Indian political terminology is not that advanced as you see. I am Turkish after all. I don't get why you find this so funny, though. Three possible reasons come to my mind:

1. You are so smart that you can match me in Turkish political terminology.

2. You have a bad taste in humour.

3. I'll skip this reason, the mods are watching.

Apples n Oranges View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Apples n Oranges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2006 at 19:39

But unfortunately a small minority of Indians still long for those days, desparately trying to attract the attention of Westerners. My words are directed to those people. 

Sorry, my knowledge of Indian political terminology is not that advanced as you see.

Coconut=Brown Sahib in South Asian political terminology Beylerbeyi.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2006 at 20:38
If anything, it is racism toward whitey western because it is implying that there is something wrong with being white on the inside. In the end it is just childishness and/or hate maybe jealousy. Chinese have been known to refer to others as "bananas" as in Vancouver,BC. Its harmless stuff.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2006 at 22:43
Originally posted by Cattus

If anything, it is racism toward whitey western because it is implying that there is something wrong with being white on the inside. In the end it is just childishness and/or hate maybe jealousy. Chinese have been known to refer to others as "bananas" as in Vancouver,BC. Its harmless stuff.

lol, is that what it means. Thats a good insult, I'll have to use that one. I thought he was meaning that you couldn't get anything through Rajputs thick skull.

Originally posted by Anujkhamar

and Omar, yes, our PM is sikh, and a genious. Our president is a muslim, and also a genious. Our best film actors are muslims.....i cant really comment on their IQs however Parsi's tend to do quite well in the country. You can't really say its hindus who are in power. If this was a few years ago then i would agree (BJP)

Ok, I stand corrected.
The IQ's of actors are anyones guess.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2006 at 04:56

Sorry, my knowledge of Indian political terminology is not that advanced as you see. I am Turkish after all. I don't get why you find this so funny, though. Three possible reasons come to my mind:

1. You are so smart that you can match me in Turkish political terminology.

2. You have a bad taste in humour.

3. I'll skip this reason, the mods are watching.

I apoligise for laughing, it just brought back some extremely funny memories, no insult meant towards you.
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 10:52

1994 Afghanistan :

Barnett Rubin, Director of Central Asian Studies at Columbia
University, visited Afghanistan as part of a delegation sent by the
International League for Human Rights, the New York-based organization
which has consultation status with the United Nations. He visited
Jalalabad, where Hindu temples and Sikh gurudwaras had been destroyed, to investigate whether the cause had been religious intolerance. The city, which before the war had 4,000 Sikhs and 800-900 Hindus, now has just 50 Sikh families and three Hindu families. He points out that while Hindus and Sikhs, like all the communities in Afghanistan, have suffered tremendously due to the war.

Rubin and his team interviewed the three remaining Hindu families in
Jalalabad and also visited the 850-year-old mandir which is a mazaar or
pilgrimage place of the Bhakti saint Mathuradas. According to the Hindus,
it was visited by people of all faiths since it was a combined Bhakti-Sufi
shrine. But as Rubin points out, "All the religions have become more
fundamentalized now, so they are more separate." The Hindus told the
delegation that the destruction of the temple was not a mass movement and that they do not suffer continuing harassment. The delegation, however, found plenty of human rights violations. Rubin says, "Obviously burning or looting of temples and gurudwaras is an example of religious intolerance"

With the capital of Kabul totally swallowed in the fighting, Hindus can no
longer get visas from the consulate there or fly to Delhi. The alternate
route is overland through Pakistan, but Pakistan will not issue transit
visas unless they already have visas to India. Since there are no
distinguishing marks to separate them from other Afghans, who do not
require visas, Hindus do slip into Pakistan without visas. However, the
situation is fraught with danger if their Hindu identity is discovered.
Sikhs, because of their turbans and beards, have an even harder time
entering Pakistan without a visa. Rubin observes, "There is some kind of
religious discrimination on the part of the Pakistani authorities since
they don't allow Hindu or Sikh Afghans to go into Pakistan without a visa
while other Afghans are allowed to do so."

Tek Chand Sarin and other Hindu leaders had also met with Afghan
President Rabbani to discuss their concerns. He, however, offered no
assurances and that itself showed that times had changed. Says Sarin,
"There were lots of cases of kidnapping and looting and the situation was
going from bad to worse."

varma View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote varma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2006 at 03:00
            The turks, and the iranians  view in this forum about India would have been different if they had a chance of living in India and gain a first hand experience of the social dynamics of India. You quote the news items from Arabic news papers who's credibility is zero by any standard. Their are credible news agencies in the World that provide news to channels and News papaers like Reuters, PTI,API and so onso before reading an article or news item the editors will give info at the end of it "source:PTI" or so on which ever news agency supplied the news....

The Turk I think has provided the news item claiming that HINDUS wanted blood for blood in the Sankat Mochal Temple after Varnasi Balst..U havent cared about cross checking the Information, and blindly beleived in whatever the news paper(as it is a muslim arab) has said typical of Muslim traits to beleive blindly withput an iota of reason....
      The muslims from Iran and Turkey has a little sense of reason and have little ability to reason out things, but the muslims in Indian Subcontinent are pure beleivers any religion would chersih their membership becoz of their blind beleif conditioning..
   If their needs to be an example of sheep behaviour we can readily discouver it in Muslims by their mob frenzy, conspiracy theory floating and blind beleif.....

And another peice of info, in India the number of Mosques will exceed the number of temples in the Whole country...
  Even the number of churches exceed the number of Temples in the country.
  Combining both the Mosques and churches exceed the temples by 3 to 4 times.....

Now I beg the Iraninas and turks to gain credible news beofre forming an opinion about India and get hold of the real hinsotry of India, that no book says becoz fear of hurting muslims.

And another thing, I would bet that if you ever come to India  stay in the muslim areas and by the end of ur stay u would never want to stay in a muslim area again for life...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2006 at 23:51
I disagree, there where several incidences of minority Sikhs being harrassed in Afghanistan during the time of the Taliban and more recently as 6 months ago under the current IFOR peace force.  Pakistan had not only allowed them to enter their country from the Torkham border but also allowed many of them to set up shops and bring in their families which many have done in the Saddar bazaar. Many where also given the option of going to India and as far as my knowledge is concerned only a small fraction went with the rest deciding to stay due to cultural and linguistic reasons (they have to some extent become afghanized over the past 300 yrs and have no connection to Indian Panjab).  I know, because I 've seen them and spoken to them with my own eyes, infact I have good acquaintance with a few of them Smile.  Some have come from Jalalabad but the bulk where from Kabul after being uprroted by returning Afghan refugees from both Iran and Pakistan.  Also, for the most part, the Afghan Sikhs are quite distinguishable by their appearance, and more importantly by the dialect of language they speak which distinguishes them as Afghan Sikhs.  So I strongly dissagree with the notion that they're being refused entry into Pakistan.  If anything, Pakistan has whole heartedly allowed them to come, settle and make a new life.Clap

Edited by watanyaara - 28-Jun-2006 at 23:53
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2006 at 10:14
Originally posted by watanyaara

So I strongly dissagree with the notion that they're being refused entry into Pakistan.  If anything, Pakistan has whole heartedly allowed them to come, settle and make a new life.Clap

So in other words you're implying that your word should be taken over that of the Director of Central Asian Studies at Columbia
University ?  LOL 

Basically the Afghan sikhs were in a much better position than your average Pakistani sikh, I know this through a pakistani who told me sikh and other minority abductions are quite rampant in the Nankana Sahib area of Punjab.

whole heartedly ae?...hmm  buddy this is what the whole heartedness of a Muslim Pakistan is all about  so basically your country is no better, if anything it is much worst since the #s of sikhs and hindus has dwindled since post-pakistani independence. 

Sikhs protest attack on temple in Nankana Sahib

By Anjum Gill

LAHORE: Eight members of the Sikh Sangat Pakistan blocked the road in front of the Lahore Press Club, Shimla Pahari, to protest against the attack on Gurdawara Janam Asthan, Nankana Sahib, by students of a local college on Saturday morning.

The road remained blocked for an hour, creating traffic problems on Davis Road, Empress Road, Egerton Road and Abbot Road. The protesters, however, allowed ambulances to pass through the blockade. The local police negotiated with the Sikh protesters and took them to the Race Course Police Station where the senior superintendent of police for Sheikhupura, Shahid Iqbal, told them on the telephone that 500 policemen had been sent to Nanakana Sahib to protect Sikh life and property.

The executive district officer of Nankana Sahib assured the leader of the protest, Kalyan Singh, on the telephone that he was present at Nankana Sahib along with the police contingent. Later the protesters met the inspector general of police, Saadat Ullah Khan, who also assured them of their safety. Some protesters, however, found the timing of the incident, as President General Pervez Musharraf and Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh concluded talks in New York, quite suspicious.

The attack was the first of its kind in the history of Pakistan. It has never happened before. Today is a sad day in Pakistani history, Kalyan Singh told Daily Times

Asked whether such an attack on the gurdwara and the protest would adversely affect the Indo-Pak talks in New York, Kalyan Singh said, No. It is not a political activity. We are protesting against an attack on our sacred place and property. It is our right as the local police at Nankana Sahib failed to do anything and it all happened in their presence. There may be some miscreants who did not like the talks between India and Pakistan. Though we are a religious minority, we are still Pakistani citizens. We are proud to be Pakistanis, said Mr Singh.

In the afternoon, we informed police officials on the telephone that we wanted to meet them. But they denied us the opportunity so we were left with no option but to block the road, he said.

The chairman of the World Muslim Sikh Federation, Raja Riaz, accompanied the Sikhs throughout the negotiation. The issue cannot be related to the Indo-Pak dialogue in New York. The incident took place because of a few miscreants. The protest has no political motive, said Mr Riaz.

Kalayan Singh said the incident started when the education department announced it was returning the Guru Nanak Degree College, built on Nankana Sahib Janam Asthan property, to the Evacuee Trust Property Board.

Another protestor, Gulab Singh, said the Evacuee Trust announced that it would donate land for the college and Rs 320 million for the construction of a guesthouse. The idea was to expand the residential facilities for visiting Sikhs during sacred celebrations, he said.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123