Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Deserter tells of MORE Atrocities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Online Status: Offline
  Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Deserter tells of MORE Atrocities
    Posted: 02-Apr-2006 at 22:39
After I get my engineering degree (in two months), I will do everything I can to counter Genghis' efforts    Artillery?  I will build anti-artillery.

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 00:01
Originally posted by Genghis

Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

What is an undergrad degree when my freedom  is being threatened right this moment.

I'm going to get an engineering degree, anything technical is useful for the military.  I'm just postponing present bloodshed for increased future bloodshed.

And you were asking how we could have stopped Hitler?  How can we stop Genghis?

Once again, my freedom needs you in Iraq, right now.  You are not afraid, are you, toy soldier?

Edited by King Kang of Mu
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 10:22

Originally posted by poirot

After I get my engineering degree (in two months), I will do everything I can to counter Genghis' efforts    Artillery?  I will build anti-artillery.

Then you'll just start a destabilizing arms race.

Member of IAEA
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 10:25

And you were asking how we could have stopped Hitler?  How can we stop Genghis?

I am unstoppable.

And your previous assertion is illogical, what good would having everybody who thought the Iraq is a good thing to do going to Iraq accomplish?  You're just saying that in hopes of making me quit arguing with you.

Member of IAEA
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 10:30

In flouting the various and many war and human rights conventions as the US has, it will be rich when all of the fascist nationalist types in the US government and public cry foul when they get into a real war and their boys are on the receiving end.

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 10:35
Originally posted by Zagros

In flouting the various and many war and human rights conventions as the US has, it will be rich when all of the fascist nationalist types in the US government and public cry foul when they get into a real war and their boys are on the receiving end.

People have always said that about the US, but in big, total wars we've never had that as a serious problem.  Psychologically it's easier to see what you're fighting for, and it's harder to entertain the idea that anything other than victory or surrender will end the war.

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 10:43

Well, real wars are diffferent.

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 10:44
Isn't a big war what you meant by a "real war"?
Member of IAEA
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 13:36

nonsense. Real wars legitimize the use of tactics that otherwise would not be considered. Uniting the American people completely against some foreign force is very dangerous for that foreign force. Also, real wars don't ahve to include occupation. We can just bomb the hell out of them, and leave them in the stone age until they surrender on their own. That in the end, is a real war.

Edited by Illuminati
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 13:38

Originally posted by poirot

Then you'll just start a destabilizing arms race.

Good, I was getting worried that things were getting too boring. I will do my best to counter Poirot. The masses are hungry and I shall give them a healty serving of propaganda

Edited by Illuminati
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 13:51

No, a real war is when the other country actually makes an effort and fights. Iraq right now is assymetrical warfare.  If the Iraqi Army hadn't been bribed into disbanding and actually had spirit to fight, every city would have been turned into a Ramadi or Fallujah and on a much higher scale.

------

What i am referring to, Illuminati, are the combatants of other countries kicked the decapitated heads of american soldiers around as footballs and blowing off a hand or foot whenevr they feel insulted. or just plain wrapping a brown bag over their heads tying their hands and feet and beating the poop out of them.

American nationalists/fascists etc who defend the actions of their military, whatever they may be, will also no doubt cry foul when the above happens.  My point is that they will have no right to, their nation's prior conduct and policy set the precedent for such disgusting behaviour.

Another point that should be made is that Iraqis are no doubt seen as sub-human by most American troops, for which the government of the US and its allies in the media can be blamed.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 13:54
I WANNA WAR!

Not whatever may be acomplished by war: but war for the sake of it. We have never lost a single battle, not to mention a war... we are like Mohammed Ali when he was atop of his career: high on our success, hyperconfident, wanting one fight more... a new challenge...

... but the challenge this time is not on the ring, Gengis.

Have you ever played a boardgame called Republic of Rome? It's an intrigue and diplomacy game whose more notable characteristic is that it allowed for a collective defeat of all players if Rome succumbed. You just can't allow what keeps you alive to fall.

And the "Rome" of this our reality isn't just your or my country: it is the whole planet. The challenge this time can't be faced with missiles but must be faced with intelligence and cooperation. You can waste all the time you want fighting for this oilfield or that atoll that if the planet breaks down, everybody loses.

Which is the Pentagon's plan for such an eventuality?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 13:57
Originally posted by Illuminati

nonsense. Real wars legitimize the use of tactics that otherwise would not be considered. Uniting the American people completely against some foreign force is very dangerous for that foreign force. Also, real wars don't ahve to include occupation. We can just bomb the hell out of them, and leave them in the stone age until they surrender on their own. That in the end, is a real war.

I think we are finally exposing the Evil as it truly is inthis thread, which was my aim all along.  Now we can push aside all these democracy, liberation, morality, nonsense.  I knew I could count on you people.  Saddam sounds civilized in this Stone Age talk.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 13:58

thanks mr. george bush for taking a sh*t on our country!

How is the USA ever going to recover from this kind of stuff. now no one sees us a liberators, they only see us as imperialists.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 14:02

You all are so full of hope for humanity it makes me sick.

When I get too full of hope for humanity, I read your postings.   Thanks you very much.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 14:03
Isn't that what you really are?
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 14:12

Originally posted by Illuminati

I think we are finally exposing the Evil as it truly is inthis thread, which was my aim all along.  Now we can push aside all these democracy, liberation, morality, nonsense.  I knew I could count on you people.  Saddam sounds civilized in this Stone Age talk.

I don't see your point. I never referred to the Iraq war as a "real war." IN my mind, a real war is along the lines of world war 2.  Zagros stated that the US would cry foul when it's on the recieving end of a real war. Myself and Genghis pointed out that in a real war, where the fate of nations, and millions of lives hang in the balance, that it would be a completely different situation than the Iraq war, because after all, when your nation and people on the threat of being wiped out or conquered, certain humane concerns go right out of the window. Not to mention, your people are united, unlike in the Vietnam war and the current war. It's not evil, it's the reality of total war, and one look at world war 1 and 2 proves it. A few examples would be the allied bombing of Dresden and the German bombing and rocket attacks on London.

You should grab a history book and educate yourself as to the reality of total war, and stop living in some fantasy world.

Edited by Illuminati
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 14:18

No, a real war is when the other country actually makes an effort and fights. Iraq right now is assymetrical warfare.  If the Iraqi Army hadn't been bribed into disbanding and actually had spirit to fight, every city would have been turned into a Ramadi or Fallujah and on a much higher scale.

------

What i am referring to, Illuminati, are the combatants of other countries kicked the decapitated heads of american soldiers around as footballs and blowing off a hand or foot whenevr they feel insulted. or just plain wrapping a brown bag over their heads tying their hands and feet and beating the poop out of them.

American nationalists/fascists etc who defend the actions of their military, whatever they may be, will also no doubt cry foul when the above happens.  My point is that they will have no right to, their nation's prior conduct and policy set the precedent for such disgusting behaviour.

Another point that should be made is that Iraqis are no doubt seen as sub-human by most American troops, for which the government of the US and its allies in the media can be blamed.

I agree for the most part. After all, for some Iraqis, this is a real war. The only difference is that Iraq had no formidable military with which to put up a long and drawn out fight in conventional terms. So, it's turned into partisan warfare, such has happened in many wars before this.

Though, in terms of bad wartime conduct by soldiers, the precedent hasn't been set by anyone. Decapitation, torture, and the view of others as sub-human have been hallmarks of muslim warfare for a long time now. Not to mention having been used by whackos in almsot every war that's ever been fought. Does the actions of some US soldiers counter America's abilty to cry foul? Yes, it does. But, in terms of the reality fo war, it doesn't change anything. It really only matters when one side is trying to win the hearts and minds of the other side.

I don't view Iraq as a total war, but I;m sure some Iraqi fighters do. Which is where the US failed on the whole "hearts and minds" thing. The US should have let them use these tactics while not letting any of it's soldiers sink to that level, but some soldiers did, and it killed a big opportunity to win over the Iraqi people. Not to mention many poor decisions by the administration. Such as disbanding the iraqi military, not paying them, and letting them keep their weapons.

Edited by Illuminati
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 14:41

Illuminati wrote

[/QUOTE]
I don't see your point. I never referred to the Iraq war as a "real war." IN my mind, a real war is along the lines of world war 2.  Zagros stated that the US would cry foul when it's on the recieving end of a real war. Myself and Genghis pointed out that in a real war, where the fate of nations, and millions of lives hang in the balance, that it would be a completely different situation than the Iraq war, because after all, when your nation and people on the threat of being wiped out or conquered, certain humane concerns go right out of the window. Not to mention, your people are united, unlike in the Vietnam war and the current war. It's not evil, it's the reality of total war, and one look at world war 1 and 2 proves it.

I think the real evil is your ignorance to history and inability to comprehend what others are saying.
[/QUOTE]

Of couese you don't see my point because you don't see your own point.  Millions of people did die in Vietnam and Iraq.  Yes, any 'humane concerns' did went out the window, and that itself doesn't sound evil to you?

According to your logic, because it is the reality of total war, it is excused from being Evil?  Don't you think you sound little too much like Hitler or Stalin?  Maybe World War I & II  sounded 'Real Wars' to you because we were fighting white people?  Unless you are killing whitie, it doesn't even feel like a war, does it to you?  Just another extermination.....

Ignorance to history and inability to comprehend what yourself is saying is truly evil.

Edited by King Kang of Mu
Dream208 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Dream208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 14:42

Below is a quote translated from the novel of a Japanese writer - Yoshiki Tanaka

"I loathe those who praise war, but hide themselves in safty. When others are dying on the battlefield because of their words, they stayed in their cozy homes - singing the songs of patriots".

How many members within the Bush adminstration had their families in the frontline of Iraq? How many among the U.S. Congress joined the military after making the decision of war... or at least join the troops on the battlefiled for few weeks? 

From my brief overseas studying in this country - I saw two groups of people: those who enjoyed most of opportunity this nation has to offer, and those who had little chance to move up since their birth... Now I ask those among you who preached the war: "Which of above groups is more likely sent to battlefiled by the American government? The sons of which group is more likely to join Air-force, navy, artillery, or rear units? The sons of which group is more likely join the infantry and standing among enemy fires?"

Don't praise war... war is not meant to be praised.

Don't preach patriotism, unless you are willing to put yourself and your family for the sacrifice.

Edited by Dream208
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>