Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women pilots inducted into Pakistan Air Force

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women pilots inducted into Pakistan Air Force
    Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 01:29

I've read that women might be less g-tolerant though I dont think this is a major drawback since individually some will be more g-tolerant than men most likely (also there is the availability of g-suits). Wonder if they'll make a squadron of women fighter pilots in the PAF .. 

PAFs first 4 women fighter pilots graduate

Friday, March 31, 2006 RISALPUR: Defence services are a challenging and daunting job but our aim to join Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is to serve Pakistan, said Saba Khan, one of the four women general duty (GDP) pilots who are the first women to earn flying badges from PAF.

Talking to reporters after the passing out parade at the PAF Academy, Khan, flanked by Nadia Gul, Mariam Khalil and Saira Batool, said that they were proud of joining PAF as cadets. They urged women to join air force because it is an attractive and honourable service.

The four women pilots joined the PAF Academy in October 2002 and during three-year stay they had gone through demanding general service training. Two of them are from Quetta, one from Peshawar and one from Bahawalpur. Air Commodore Abid Khawaja told reporters that the women pilots performed well in all fields during their training. He said although they faced some difficulties at the start of their training, they made rapid improvement to overcome all hurdles with hard work and dedication.

He said they had gone through strenuous academic education and rigorous flying training on MFI-17 Super Mushshak and T-37 Jet aircraft. He added that three more women pilots were getting training at the PAF Academy under the 117th GD Course and would pass out within six months. Khawaja said the induction of women GD pilots had been stopped. We want to check operational fitness of these women officers after which a decision about the induction of more women officers would be taken, he said.

Vice Chief of the Army Staff General Ahsan Saleem Hayat was the chief guest at the graduation ceremony. The VCOAS staff awarded the Quaid-e-Azam Banner to the 4th Squadron. The trophy for the best performance in General Service Training went to Cadet Taimoor Khan Jadoon. Female Cadet Nadia Gul was awarded with Asghar Hussain Trophy for best performance in academics. The Chief of Air Staffs Trophy for Best Performance in Flying was lifted by Iraj Jamal. The graduation ceremony also included display of immaculate and thrilling aerobatics by the flyers of Karakoram-8 (K-8 Academy Hawks) and T-37 aircraft (Sherdils). APP

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006%5C03%5C31 %5Cstory_31-3-2006_pg7_14 

Edited by TeldeInduz
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 15:08
for the women of Pakistan!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 15:18
oh, how much would it suck getting shot down by a woman? actually it happens to guys all around teh world, everyday, but i mean literally.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 15:46
Originally posted by Zagros

oh, how much would it suck getting shot down by a woman?

Well, it sucks as much as a woman getting shot down by a man! And that's been happening to women for centuries, my friend Zagros!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 18:49

Originally posted by Zagros

oh, how much would it suck getting shot down by a woman? actually it happens to guys all around teh world, everyday, but i mean literally.

I doubt they'd be put into proper heavy combat with equal or stronger forces for sure, but if they were they'd need to be very good and combat tested to fly multi milliion dollar aircraft like the JF-17, the limited numbers of F-16, or fingers crossed J-10 - least I hope so.

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 15:22

Women are more capable then men in handling G forces/

And yes it would suck to be shot down by a woman.

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 15:52

Very nice add dear TeldeInduz,
This news surely reflects the status of women in Islam, it surely shows the world that muslims are not as strict as shown by some extreamists. And I am sure that they will do so  to women of Pakistan.

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 17:57
Originally posted by Loknar

Women are more capable then men in handling G forces/

Your evidence for this?

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2006 at 00:42
I think this is excellent.

I hope you are right Gharanai
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2006 at 10:59

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I think this is excellent.

I hope you are right Gharanai

Pardon me Sir.

Post Reply Post Reply