Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.: Afghan Ottoman War 1726 :.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .: Afghan Ottoman War 1726 :.
    Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 09:46

Salaamoona,

I surfed through the net but found no major source on this War, i wonder why they would'nt mention such a big event in the history of the World, particularly of Asia.

Do any of you Turks of Turkey know/heard of this War?

It took place in 1726, when Iran was ruled by the Afghan Tribe of Hotak, and was at that time under the rule of Shah Ashraf Afghan Hotaki.

The exact date of the war is, 8th of November 1726.

The Turkish Army under Ahmad Pasha overnumbered the Afghans, said to be around 200 000, whilst Afghans only numbered at 40 000.

Almost 30 000 Ottoman soldiers had died in this war against the Afghans, the toll on Afghan side was very low.

I'll post more later about this War but first i want to know what my Turk brothers know about this.

Manana [Thanks]

Edited by AFG-PaShTuN
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 12:48
Well, if there were such a big battle and so much losses, we would have heard about it.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 22:31

Well, that's a shame. Maybe Turkey only likes to see people know about their victories, and not defeats.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 00:56
bacha can you seed me some info about this.  I can hardly find any info on Shah Mahmud Hotak.
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 05:13

but icant find anything about this war in internet.

do u give me some source?

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Evrenosgazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 06:24
Originally posted by AFG-PaShTuN

Salaamoona,

I surfed through the net but found no major source on this War, i wonder why they would'nt mention such a big event in the history of the World, particularly of Asia.

It took place in 1726, when Iran was ruled by the Afghan Tribe of Hotak, and was at that time under the rule of Shah Ashraf Afghan Hotaki.

The Turkish Army under Ahmad Pasha overnumbered the Afghans, said to be around 200 000, whilst Afghans only numbered at 40 000.

Almost 30 000 Ottoman soldiers had died in this war against the Afghans, the toll on Afghan side was very low.

I'll post more later about this War but first i want to know what my Turk brothers know about this.

Manana [Thanks]

Again flying , again exxagrating numbers. Afghans are the friend of ottoman, we can saw this to the independence war of Turkey, they really helped us , make our morale high. We turks always like our afghan friends we are always in the same side.

Ottoman army cant be 200000 in that era and in the Iranian region. 40000 is also to much for Afghans. Ottoman army was superior to afghans in quality. You cant compare them

Secondly the  afshars(Turkomans) defeated afghans, and wiped them out

Third dont try to add victories to your history

Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Evrenosgazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 06:27

Well, that's a shame. Maybe Turkey only likes to see people know about their victories, and not defeats.

Being defeated by afghan doesnt make me sad. I know their valour as warriors,  but your numbers are 10 fold exxagration
oslonor View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oslonor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 11:06
This is a very interesting event the war between Afghans and Ottomans. My blog also deals with Afghans destroying Saffavids dynasty in Persia in 1722. Link below on the Rise of Afghan Empire:
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 11:33

Originally posted by Evrenosgazi

Again flying , again exxagrating numbers. Afghans are the friend of ottoman, we can saw this to the independence war of Turkey, they really helped us , make our morale high. We turks always like our afghan friends we are always in the same side.

that is pretty true, turks were seen to some extent as patrons of the moslem faith.

If this incident does it exist, if, then it was probably nothing more than a skirmish. Afghans, in particular pashtuns and baloch have gladly served under turkic leaders, too many to mention.

Edited by malizai_
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 11:57
Apparently not Nader Shah though.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 21:35
Originally posted by Evrenosgazi

Ottoman army cant be 200000 in that era and in the Iranian region. 40000 is also to much for Afghans. Ottoman army was superior to afghans in quality. You cant compare them

Secondly the  afshars(Turkomans) defeated afghans, and wiped them out

Third dont try to add victories to your history

I'm soooooooooooooo much pissed off right now! i typed up like a whole piece of article but it disappeared! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa
bloody stupid piece of computer!
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 21:35
I will reply later when i'm good mode. 
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 22:46

Salaamoona,

Manana [Thanks]

This is very interesting whether which side won.  Also I would like to know more information about Aziz Khan e Afghan who ruled Azerbaijan after Nader Afshari was murdered by the Qezelbash.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2006 at 14:22

Well,
Thanks alot for sharing this information Dear brother AFG-Pashtun, I did look for it alot on the net but came up with nothing. I know that Shah Mahmud did crush the persians in 1722 but I don't think there really was any war between Ottomans and Afghans as since the establishment of Ottoman Rule till its end Afghans had a very cordial relation with them.

Even when Afghanistan was the second largest Muslim Nation after Ottomans in 18th century under the command of Ahmad Shah Baba, there was a cordial relation between them and over years Afghans contributed money and man power to Ottomans during their campaigns over non-muslims (or the call of Jihad).
Reference to the underlined words: http://www.culturalorientation.net/afghan/ahist.html

So dear please do add more information on this as you come up with some.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 10:45
Originally posted by Afghanan

This is very interesting whether which side won.  Also I would like to know more information about Aziz Khan e Afghan who ruled Azerbaijan after Nader Afshari was murdered by the Qezelbash.

Indeed it is, i found it really interesting, because i think it was the first time Afghans engaged in War against the Ottomans.

I am posting some stuff about the war now, Insh'Allah, next time i'll make a in depth mention of Aziz Khan e Afghan.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 10:48
Originally posted by Gharanai

Well,
Thanks alot for sharing this information Dear brother AFG-Pashtun, I did look for it alot on the net but came up with nothing. I know that Shah Mahmud did crush the persians in 1722 but I don't think there really was any war between Ottomans and Afghans as since the establishment of Ottoman Rule till its end Afghans had a very cordial relation with them.

Even when Afghanistan was the second largest Muslim Nation after Ottomans in 18th century under the command of Ahmad Shah Baba, there was a cordial relation between them and over years Afghans contributed money and man power to Ottomans during their campaigns over non-muslims (or the call of Jihad).
Reference to the underlined words: http://www.culturalorientation.net/afghan/ahist.html

So dear please do add more information on this as you come up with some.

Manana Wrora, i agree, us Afghans and Turks have always been close together, i don't recall any major war taking place between us. If fact, in times of war, we aided them, and they aided us.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 10:50
This is from a book i got, i tried my best to translate it into fair and understandable English. This is not all of it, i will post the rest when i am done with the translation.

----------------------------------

..........June 1726, when Shah Ashraf The Great returned from a visit to another city, he received a message from the Ottoman ruler that he either hands Sultan Hussein [former Prince of Iran] over to them, or be ready for a war.

Soon after that, an envoy arrived at his palace, requesting the release of Abdul Baqi Khan, Shah of Kirman, and his family. Shah Ashraf was angered by this, he ordered the beheading of three elderly men from the imprisioned family, and sent their heads to the ruler of Ottoman Empire, with a message: "I do whatever i desire with my subjects, and i do not like the interference of the aliens." This made the path to the war even easier.

In return, the Shah of Ottoman Empire sent this message: " Shah Ashraf, you better go and surrender yourself to Ahmad Pasha, and the Shah of Osmania. The Shah of Osmania may give you the governership of Iran for the sake of being a Sunni. You may keep all your conquered and to-be-conquered areas as yours, but you should first make your surrender in no time. You may also praise in the name of the Ottoman Sultan, and the coins be made in their name."

Shah Ashraf's reply: "If the Sultan of Ottoman Empire does not wish to recognize the treaties signed during the rule of Safavid Empire/Emperors, i as a Sultan with all my power, will protect my conquered lands with my own blood."

8th November, 1726, the war between the Afghans and the Ottomans begun. Ahmad Pasha, governor of Turkey and a General had over 200, 000 soldiers under his command, Shah Ashraf had organised an army of 40,000 Afghans less the a quarter of the total Ottoman army. Shah Ashraf's army defeated and killed an estimated 30,000 Ottoman soldiers, and captured 46 canons, three flags and other weaponry, the Turks had faced a harsh defeat.

On the 18th of November, 1726, people from all over Iran, specially from Isfahan had come together for the celebration of the victory of the Afghan Shah Ashraf over the Ottomans.

When Shah Ashraf had given a good lesson to the Ottoman Empire, the Russians had advanced South into Iran from the North, a lesson for them was necessary too. 
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 18:26

Very interesting gran woror AFG-PaShTuN.

Wish to see the rest part soon, it really is something that I never knew in past so thanks alot for sharing it.

derjagger View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote derjagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 15:55
Yes.I know that war.Only war that can be remembered with shame. Ottomans attacked Iran bacause they were in chaos.   
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 17:56
This is great information but unfortunately you have not given the source. 
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>