Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are Christians more tolerant than Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Christians more tolerant than Muslims
    Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 09:05
Originally posted by Scorpius

If you are a true Muslim or true Christian, the idea of forcing people by burning their houses, torturing them, using violance and terror by any means, is out of question. These actions only help you to get a very warm place in Hell , and guess what, there is no winter time in Hell as long as I imagine LOL

So when we say Muslim or a Christian, we accept that by definition (assuming thet they are following their holly books, otherwise again by definition they are not Muslims or Christians, only fake ones?) they are incapable of doing such evils.

But I get your point, I hope you understand my point,too.

Yes, I do get your point - the core of those religions are not violent, but some radicals on both sides is trying to make them so. And trying to make their followers act on that violent string.
Less educated and frustrated people (for other reasons) are more receptive, more adaptive and easy recruits for those radicals and their sick ideas.

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Yes, I say it alot. Because this is an area where there is a lot of anti-Islamic propaganda. It is however a fact.
I pick my words carefully though, I say population, because I do know that there are isolated examples, but they are exactly that isolated and small. Not a population.

I guess you have to change it a bit again Omar. Are you sure you dont mean a nation instead.
How many people does a "population" take?
We have villages here in DK in which population never exceeded 100 people. Imagine a similar village in India were converted by force, then your statement fails on that alone.  

Also - Force doesnt necessarily need to be physical, mentally abuse and force can even be a lot worse.

All religions have done this, also in much larger scales, and also - no religion has converted a whole nation from one belief to another - so whats the point in making the statement exclusive  for Islam?

Read what you said yourself:

I've never said there wasn't disproportionate taxation, occasionally there has been. I've never said muslims haven't tried to win converts. I just say that no population has been forced.
There may have been plently of massacare and arson - thats what happens in war.
Occasionally muslim rulers did try to expoit and humilate non-muslims.
About everything, Delhi Sultanate is no more bloody than any other Empire, ....

I cannot judge the author of the article I pointed out. I have no knowledge to do so.
It just seemed to me he had his sources sorted out, and he also did a comprehensive research himself over more years.
You can claim its anti-Islamic propaganda and bullsh++ , but to me he seems quite balanced in his views.

A little more specific to the subject of this thread.
I dont judge people from their religious preference but from their actions. 
I dont think Christians are more or less tolerant because of their belief - nor do I think Muslems are.
Tolerance should perhaps be, - but is not a predominant feature amongst religious people. 
There are too many examples of the opposit.

Tolerance is a question about personality, - the sum of all the factors that made us who we are as humans.

Religion is only a part of that - fortunately.

Edited by Northman - 18-Aug-2006 at 09:07
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 12:13

Well, guys, this is really great we've been holding the conversation in a really peaceful environment. I thought I would start another flame war about religions. Anyhow, you know, I'm not again Islam. I'm not with Chrisians. I'm just trying to see things with a little bit more open mind. We've been just TOLD we should act like Jesus or Muhammed. We've just been BORN a Chrisitian or a Moslem. See, if I wasn't born in Turkmenistan, I wouldn't have become a Moslem, right? That's it. This is just to say thank you to all of you and explain why I've been questioning some facts about Islam.

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 12:22
Now Chok Gech, you might say anything about Islamic wars. But why don't you have a glance at what Khalifa Omar has written to Iranian 'third Yazdgerd'? Contemporary Iranians religion was 'Zartosht' which is abbriviated in three sentences: 'good saying; good deeds, good thoughts'. So, you their religion and those who practiced it didn't deserve Islamic 'Jihannam' (hell). Khalifa Omar invited him to Islam and you know what Iranian king replied? He said: 'stay with your religion and I'll stay with mine' (ofcourse he explained how Zartosht was to Khalifa Omar). But the Arabic Amir STARTED the war.

Or why don't we think this way? Let's say it wasn't for Islam. So what was is for? Huh? No offence by an Iranian to Arabs. So what was the reason Khalifa Omar started the war?

And it was not just Iranians. Arabs make almost all of Turks joined Islam. It's a famous history among we Central Asians when Arabs told Turks to worship Allah, Turks responded: 'Allahyngni tanymaghay men; buyuk byr Tangri meni yaratqan'. They said 'no' to Arabs. But you see thousands of Uighurs as Moslems of China (look, China).

And I know invition to a religion by great hordes is not proper. What was the reason Khalifas like Abu Bakr or Omar picked all those Arabic soldiers to invite people to Islam?
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 12:38

Well, Scorpius, you seem to be a really logical Moslem. I doubt if you'd lived in any Islamic country. See, I've been brought up with Shi'as and Sunnites. All of them are calling ANYBODY who's not a Moslem, a Kafir. And you, for sure, know it's a lower rank than Moslems. Simply, because a Kafir doesn't deserve the paradise.

Anyhow, my question was about the direction. Is it upwards or downwards. This is what Quran has neglected (because it's not really important); but all Moslems are trying to explain on his own part to show himself practicing the correct way.

And this is Moslems' (and virtually all Christians'). Nobody does a reseach. They accept everything said by his prophet or great religious men. They WERE great; but they were man-kind anyhow. And man-kind WILL, for sure, make a mistake. I can ask you question like this:

See, a thing is either inside time content or outside it. So, if God is outside it, how can God affect things inside time content? Please, don't get me wrong. I do believe in God; I just can't get to know how God is and in my opinion, religions also were not succesful. Please, don't say there's not an answer as most of Moslems. If a question has not got a paradox, so it must have a logical answer.
Or descriptions like eternity... What is eternity? It seems a meaningless word. Suppose God is eternity. So, if I add 1 to God, it would be a greater amount. I mean, we're just playing with words.
Scorpius, we both have got the same idea. My questions were for those narrow minded Moslems who think they are the most correct religion. Hope you don't get angry by my words... Wink

Edited by gok_toruk - 18-Aug-2006 at 12:41
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 12:49
Or just as an example:

God wants man to be good (as what religions say). God is also all-mighty (as they believe). 'Good' and 'bad' things exist. Because if they didn't exist (as some Moslems believe these are just descriptions of different situations man stays in. They say there's not such a thing like bad or good), so what is the hell or paradise for? There must be good and bad things to be choosen to deserve the hell or paradise. If not, it's not fair for something there's not, which I haven't commited, I should go to hell. Anyhow, bad was here even before man. It's not our own creature (don't say no; because even when I didn't exist and so even when the first man didn't exist, it was there). Let's cut it here.

If God is all-mighty, so there WAS definately another way for him to count men, rather than 'good' and 'bad' deeds. Couldn't God creat another scale for man besides 'good' and 'bad'? God could. So, God's not the ultimate one who wants people to be good (what they say? Good wanter?! Smile). If God couldn't, so God is not all-mighty.

I really hope these sentences would not make you angry with me. See, I love my God. You know, whenever I feel myself in danger, I suddenly remember an EXISTANCE which might help me. At the time, I ask for God's help. I don't see him though. This is my God. There IS something inside us and in the world. But I just can't accept anything said by all those great men.

Best wishes and respect...

Edited by gok_toruk - 18-Aug-2006 at 12:52
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 13:31
Originally posted by gok_toruk

See, I love my God. You know, whenever I feel myself in danger, I suddenly remember an EXISTANCE which might help me. At the time, I ask for God's help. I don't see him though. This is my God. There IS something inside us and in the world.

I think many people can relate to your thoughts. I for one can.
Not because I'm very religious or agree on everythg you wrote, but because I think its important to keep a distance and never blindly believe what you are told by people who is claiming the "truth" or seemingly know better.
To me, religion is something very personal, a faith, and you cannot lean on what others belive or say.
Find your own truth in religion, and in case you hope for an afterlife, assume your own "truth" is the only true religion.
That way you can be a true person to yourself and others, with the values you decide and understand to be important.

Reading the last paragraph of your post, a poem I read some time back came to mind:

Footprints in the Sand

Poem by
Mary Stevenson

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?

The Lord replied,
The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you. 

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 19:02

. But why don't you have a glance at what Khalifa Omar has written to Iranian 'third Yazdgerd'?

Why don't you share it if you can locate it? The complete letter is not found and regarding this issue, we already had a topic and we discussed it:

.But the Arabic Amir STARTED the war.

Actually the Kings of Persia received two letters already before the war. From prophet Muhammed. To correct you, the first letter that Prophet Muhammed sent to the Persian king, the Persian monarch ordered his security services to find the "insolent letter writer" and to bring him to his court in Ctesiphon, the capital at that time. According to Islamic sources, the messenger has escaped because soon, the Khosrow Parvis was murdered by his son and designated as the heir. So that is the warm welcome they showed earlier.
Omar send another letter to the new king. Omar can find many justification in starting the war and he can relate back to the incident of the first Persian king conduct. In any case, if we looked at Muslim sources, we will find them justifying the invasion. If we looked at Zoroastrain soruces (including the so-called found letter which it is available in the link i posted), we will find them opposing the justifications Muslim made to invade. In any case, your part as an objective person who is concentrated about if Islam forcing people to be convert is to understand as we explained multiple times:
1- No religious text support the forced conversion
2- Even after the invasion, no forced conversion were recorded. In fact, some resources try to discredit Omar's tolerance as a thoughtful idea of opposing Zoroastrain conversion to ensure revenues from taxing them.
3- Zoroastrains welcomed Arabs because of heavy taxes by Sassanids and corruption due to contineous wars with Byzentine.
4- Finally, Omar is well known even by Christian resources about his tolerance in his conquest in Palestine and Syria. It is hard to believe he will be inconsistent with this behavior toward Persians.

.So what was the reason Khalifa Omar started the war?

It was answered already. Just refer back to older posts. To summerize it to you anyhow, it was a possible combination of allowing Islamic influence to reach Persia with the religion as this is impossible to happen with the Sassanids.  Also, Persia is an important trade route and any Empire will expand for economical and benificial reasons. That still does not prove the forced conversion which you try to conceal under equating invasion= forced conversion despite you lack the undisputed evidance of such forced conversion.

.But you see thousands of Uighurs as Moslems of China (look, China). And I know invition to a religion by great hordes is not proper. What was the reason Khalifas like Abu Bakr or Omar picked all those Arabic soldiers to invite people to Islam?

Simply, Expanding the empire.
It is a historical fact that most Turkic tribes became Muslim by their own choice and not being under the Islamic domain. Review the battle of Talas where Turks sided the Arab armies against the Chinese despite religious differences. It is more than religion. Many explainations are already presented. If you did some research too, you will find some Turkic tribes invited messengers of the Abbasyds to teach them about Islam, such as the Bulgar Turks and the records of Ibn Fadhlan.

Edited by ok ge - 18-Aug-2006 at 19:21
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 19:06

Or just as an example:

God wants man to be good (as what religions say). God is also all-mighty (as they believe). 'Good' and 'bad' things exist. Because if they didn't exist (as some Moslems believe these are just descriptions of different situations man stays in. They say there's not such a thing like bad or good), so what is the hell or paradise for? There must be good and bad things to be choosen to deserve the hell or paradise. If not, it's not fair for something there's not, which I haven't commited, I should go to hell. Anyhow, bad was here even before man. It's not our own creature (don't say no; because even when I didn't exist and so even when the first man didn't exist, it was there). Let's cut it here.

God does not want man to be good ( or bad). If He wants/wanted that to happen, we would be all in Paradise now. The reality for humans is that
He is testing us. We are free. Every individual is responsible for him/herself.

What is good and what is bad is written in Quran (assuming that you are a Muslim.) Your responsibility is to learn from it. Give your time, if you are a lazy person, make it a night time read. Take notes, compare your notes, study it. By making so, you may have the understanding of what is good or what is bad.

And in the end, there is no single soul in this world that can claim one will end in Paradise or in Hell. It is God's judgement, not ours.

Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 19:24

Originally posted by gok_turuk

See, a thing is either inside time content or outside it. So, if God is outside it, how can God affect things inside time content? Please, don't get me wrong. I do believe in God; I just can't get to know how God is and in my opinion, religions also were not succesful. Please, don't say there's not an answer as most of Moslems. If a question has not got a paradox, so it must have a logical answer.

You are asking us something that everybody can have his/her opinion about the answer. But anyway, I try to understand you, but I am failing..

I still cannot understand:

You believe in God. You believe He created the universe. At least you acknowledge His great power but yet you cannot imagine Him not bounded by time?

This is where I am confused gok_turuk.
It is like I am telling you that I am the richest person living in world.
You believe me.
Then I say, hey I bought a plane last week!
then you say how come? isn't it expensive?

ConfusedBig smile Help me here please :)

Originally posted by gok_turuk

Or descriptions like eternity... What is eternity? It seems a meaningless word. Suppose God is eternity. So, if I add 1 to God, it would be a greater amount. I mean, we're just playing with words.

gok_turuk, if you add 1 to infinity ( not eternity, eternity means infinite time -not bounded by time-), it will be still infinity Tongue

Edited by Scorpius - 18-Aug-2006 at 19:25
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 19:45
Are Christians more tolerant than Muslims? I think Christians  are becomming more tolerant considering the moral factors such as abortion, homo -sexuality  women rights, ect.  however mankind does create his own hell in any case. Has any one read of that paster who had it all because he taught that hell is in the hereafter, but then a voice came to him and said hell was here . He began to teach this but then his whole congregation fell from him . It s as Jesus taught even if your angey in your own home you are in danger of hell`s fire.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 20:18
I guess you have to change it a bit again Omar. Are you sure you dont mean a nation instead.
How many people does a "population" take?
We have villages here in DK in which population never exceeded 100 people. Imagine a similar village in India were converted by force, then your statement fails on that alone. 

Possibly a few small villages like that have been. I say population to exclude isolated examples that are irrelevent to history. The largest case is the Nuristan provence of Afghanistan. Hardly an example that can be used to claim that 'muslims were converted by force'.
Also - Force doesnt necessarily need to be physical, mentally abuse and force can even be a lot worse.

I mean deliberately creating a situation where a person feels they must change their faith. Creating it by accident (aka, all your friends converted or something) is entirely a different kettle of fish.

All religions have done this, also in much larger scales, and also - no religion has converted a whole nation from one belief to another - so whats the point in making the statement exclusive  for Islam?

I make the point exclusive to Islam only because I am countering people who claim that islam has done it. It is true for many other religions as well and when people try and spread propaganda about those religions I have argued with them too. btw, some religions have forced whole nations, South America, Baltics, etc.

I cannot judge the author of the article I pointed out. I have no knowledge to do so.
It just seemed to me he had his sources sorted out, and he also did a comprehensive research himself over more years.
You can claim its anti-Islamic propaganda and bullsh++ , but to me he seems quite balanced in his views.

Balanced? Its completely wrong. I struggle to pin-point one part of the article to make a counter point. Its completely removed from the history of the subcontinent.
If Vijayanager was looted and destroyed upon its capture, then it was hindus doing it. Because there just weren't enough (and really still aren't) enough muslims that far south in India to do it.
It'd be like saying that the Japanese held a reign of terror in chilie.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 02:13
Anyhow, my question was about the direction. Is it upwards or downwards. This is what Quran has neglected (because it's not really important); but all Moslems are trying to explain on his own part to show himself practicing the correct way.

If you do everything the Quran says, then you are practising the correct way. btw, people who think themselves so religious and go about trying to impress this on others, aren't doing themselves any favours.
See, a thing is either inside time content or outside it. So, if God is outside it, how can God affect things inside time content? Please, don't get me wrong. I do believe in God; I just can't get to know how God is and in my opinion, religions also were not succesful. Please, don't say there's not an answer as most of Moslems. If a question has not got a paradox, so it must have a logical answer.

If you are outside a box, can you change what's inside the box?

If I program a computer program, I am not inside the program yet I can change what it does.

Or even think of it this way, since I know everything that program can do (ie, all-knowing) then I can change that program when I make it, in order to obtain the outcome I want.

If God is all-mighty, so there WAS definately another way for him to count men, rather than 'good' and 'bad' deeds. Couldn't God creat another scale for man besides 'good' and 'bad'? God could. So, God's not the ultimate one who wants people to be good (what they say? Good wanter?! ). If God couldn't, so God is not all-mighty.

I think you miss the point that what we call good and bad, is the scale that God invented. Good & Bad are relative things, outside a particular religion or culture they are meaningless. In Islam, good and bad are defined by God, for Humans and has the power to change it if he wills:
(Jesus (pbuh) speaking)

"'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me. [3:50]

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 19-Aug-2006 at 02:17
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 02:46
Omar, you the man. plz forgive those who trespass your wisdom for they do not know better.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 03:02
Originally posted by xi_tujue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_group 

heres a link of all religious terrorist groups

Btw what about those tashnak terrorist , asala (marxist) are armenian christians right?

Jesus, you almost make it sounds like a religion is a good thing.  Then again there is South America and their Liberation Theology which gave the only salvagable element of the entire Christianity.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 08:08

There are two categories of Quran verses. Makki, which are written in Mekka and Madani, which are written In Medina. Makki verses are mostly tolerant and promise the peace and love of Allah, Madani verses are inclueded aggressive verses which sentence non-muslims (kafirs) to death and they are specially misogynic. The reason for this paradox is Mohammad was alone and without might in Mekka. In Mekka he was an odd one out, no one liked him and he had to fight with people's sarcasm toward his religion.so he have written peacefull verses. Things has changed as he fled to Madina. Everyone loved him there and for the first time he could enjoy the might, so that's the reason for the aggressive verses.

Edited by Maziar - 19-Aug-2006 at 08:09
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 10:47
Thank you very much Northman for your message and ofcourse for your poem. I agree with you on your conclusion (your belief I mean)...
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 11:01

Sorry my friend (chok gech); but I'm not able for the time being to provide you with teh links. But Iranians like Maziar would do this for you. Ask any Iranian. You might be right also. But as Iranian document, it is believed Khalifa Omar started the war. Especially, we know that, at that time, Iranians were busy, fighting with internal risks rather than thinking to any foreign nation. I'm just surprised to hear 'there's no document about forced invasion'. Ask any Iranian, I told you, and you'll get your answer.

And I told you about the famous sentence among we Central Asians (it's kind of a joke). They were FORCED to accept Islam. I might not be able to give your resources about Iranian invasion (though I invited you to ask people like Maziar!!!), but Central Asia is what I've been brought up in.

Listen, Chok Gech, let's finish it here talking about Khalifa Omar; cause we're not talking on his faults (if he's got any, as you believe).
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 11:20
See Scorpius, Muhammet did not establish taxes on horses, but his most trusted person and his cousin, Ali established taxes on horses after Muhammet death. Was he against Muhammet? Ofcourse no; it is belived rules should be change when time passes, to set for the contemporary period. Now, for example, when Muhammet lived, there wasn't any satelite receiver. So, do we have to neglect them now? This is a great problem in Iran. Akhunds have banned access to foreign chanals, just because of a few inappropriate chanals out of thousands. See, I can use a knife to murder a buddy. And I can use it to eat an apple. We should cultivate the culture, not to abuse.

Anyhow, it was just an explanation to this. 'Good wanter' (!!!) is not seen in Quran. But when you refer to Akhunds, they say God is the ultimate 'Good Wanter' to justify he's ultimately good. Please don't say 'no, those Akhunds are not reall Moslem Akhunds', cause Shi'e and Sunnites agree on this point. If you're just referring to Quran, I agree my question is false. But Islam is not just Quran you know.

Edited by gok_toruk - 19-Aug-2006 at 11:47
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 11:29
 I'm studying Electrical Engineering in one of the best universities of Middle East (not to show off Wink). My mathematical skills are not bad. I know infinity plus 1 is again infinity. But it's just kind of a contract. You can't reach infinity; so it's not a real amount. Mathematics have kind of a contract on infinity. But refer to your mind. You can't say something is the greatest amount in the world. Just because numbers are not finite. Any number could be added simply by 1 and you'll reach a greater number. You gotta think a lot on this matter. It's not so simple to get my point. I wish you'd studied philosophy to see what it has got to say about infinity.

By the way, you may have got lots of way to reach to an answer; but the answer is always unique. See I'm not talking about solution; it's answer. You may lots of solutions; but not different answers. If so, you'll reach paradox.

Your example is not exactly what I meant. You've got to think a bit on this issue (and I'm sure you won't reach an answer soon). Please, get back to the question again.

Edited by gok_toruk - 19-Aug-2006 at 11:50
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 11:41
Omar al Hashim, I've seen lots of Arabs even from Saudi Arabi and how they act when they see a Shi'a. All Shi'as should pray exactly the way Sunnites do (force). They, whenever they see a Shi'a, they change their face just like they've experinced something sh**. So, please don't try to convince me these problems are neglected by Moslems and they live in peace with each other.

Yeah, this is the point. You ARE VIRTUALLy inside computer. There's a link. Machine understand your commands when it checks its pre-determined rules. But you can't say the same about time. It's not so easy. Time is a border. You can change inside box if you open it. But time is a bit different. Please, just check it out again. You might not be able to reach an answer, but it's worth to think about it.

Good and bad are not meaningless, but different when you pass over religions. Just compare 'sexual interaction' among Moslems and Christians. And it's not ultimately defined by God. Adam and Hava's story... we've all heard about it. When Adam and Hava is sent to earth as first human beings, they haven't got any cloth. This were their first experince in earth, but both were shy enough to wear clothes made by leaves. A part from God and a part from man.
As for me, I myself think, bad is what man decides it is bad; not necessarily what religion tells us.

Edited by gok_toruk - 19-Aug-2006 at 11:43
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>