Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed(Scary Imams and gullable) Muslims versus Denmark (and fascists)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>
Author
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Scary Imams and gullable) Muslims versus Denmark (and fascists)
    Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:31

Originally posted by Mira

The boycott is a political statement that can be seen as a form of political freedom.  We're progressing in that field.

It is real progress if one day someone can wear a t-shirt that says "Everyone thinks you are an a**hole but Mohammed loves you" and walks on the streets in any Muslim city without getting harassed or risking his or her life.

I wear a t-shirt that says "Everyone thinks you are an a**hole but Jesus loves you" all the time and most people don't even pay attention to me. I am offended that people don't get offended

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:33
^ Hehehe.

That's nothing. I've seen shirts with I (Plane) NY and "The Koran: Now in 2-ply!".

I'd wear them. To a club, not in the street.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:37
Originally posted by flyingzone

The boycott is a political statement that can be seen as a form of political freedom.  We're progressing in that field.

It is real progress if one day someone can wear a t-shirt that says "Everyone thinks you are an a**hole but Mohammed loves you" and walks on the streets in any Muslim city without getting harassed or risking his or her life.

I wear a t-shirt that says "Everyone thinks you are an a**hole but Jesus loves you" all the time and most people don't even pay attention to me. I am offended that people don't get offended

But Mohammed doesn't love you if you are an infidel.

Edited by pikeshot1600
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:40

What has freedom of expression got to do with insults? 

Are all satires insult? If you take a look at any Western newspapers in any given day, there are "insults" of governors, presidents, prime ministers, religious leaders, and yes, even Jesus, the so-called Virgin Mary, and god herself everywhere. Some are extremely offensive. Some are not even remotely funny. Some are plain stupid. But we live with it because that's what real democracy is like.

You talk about democracy, democracy, democracy all the time. But once it touches upon the "holy ground" of religion, you automatically revert to the medieval mode. How can real progress be made if even someone as enlightened and smart as you harbours this "conditional" format of democracy???

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:46

You talk about democracy, democracy, democracy all the time. But once it touches upon the "holy ground" of religion, you automatically revert to the medieval mode. How can real progress be made if even someone as enlightened and smart as you harbours this "conditional" format of democracy???

Simply because our concept of democracy differs from yours.  You can't impose your own definitions on the world.  We believe in a democracy and freedom of expression where everybody gets to say what they want in a diplomatic way.  Make peace, not war.  Tell me what you think, but don't say it with a fool smell in your mouth.

We like to be treated like we treat others.  You won't see cartoons, articles or even books by Muslims defaming religious figures of others.  Not even religious figures of what Muslims consider to be 'idolatrous beliefs.'
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:54

Mila

Originally posted by Mila

Stores in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Lebanon
have pulled Scandinavian products from the shelves.

And Bosnia wants to enter in the European Union. What a joke...

Maju

Originally posted by Maju

I suggest that NATO points its missiles to Mecca as defensive measure.[QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Maju]It is part of our allowance to mock anything. It's not about civilized or whatever but about freedom: got the idea?

That's their problem: I don't see why they have to apologize. I don't see why nobody has to demand any apology. You don't like it? Then don't look at it, don't buy that paper and that's all.

Essential concept: freedom.

If this is going to cause a breach between the Muslim World and Europe. Fine: we have nothing to loose. The last thing we can do is to force a citizen to apologize because somebody doesn't like his art.

Essential concept: freedom.

For the first time since I arrived here, I'm forced to agree with you.

Edited by Voyager
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:06

voyager what is problem? stores are like newspapers(danish ones), why are you accusing bosnian goverment?

Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:08

Simply because our concept of democracy differs from yours.  You can't impose your own definitions on the world.  We believe in a democracy and freedom of expression where everybody gets to say what they want in a diplomatic way.  Make peace, not war.  Tell me what you think, but don't say it with a fool smell in your mouth.

We like to be treated like we treat others.  You won't see cartoons, articles or even books by Muslims defaming religious figures of others.  Not even religious figures of what Muslims consider to be 'idolatrous beliefs.'

So who is to define "kindness", "diplomacy", and "manners"? The Immans? The Rabbis? The Pope? Or some other person (most probably a man) wearing a fancy hat and a cape? You are treading on very dangerous grounds here, you know ....

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:11

I hope not kemalists, I prefer pope or rabbis!

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:13

So who is to define "kindness", "diplomacy", and "manners"? The Immans? The Rabbis? The Pope? Or some other person (most probably a man) wearing a fancy hat and a cape? You are treading on very dangerous grounds here, you know ....

No one has the right to define these concepts.  To each is their own understanding of it.  What happened showed the world how much the West is ready to compromise its own promoted 'universal' values of tolerance and respect for others' beliefs.
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:20

Mortaza

In reply to your question here's another quote from Mila's introductory post:

President Sulejman Tihic of Bosnia and Herzegovina
said he would not be so upset if not for Denmark's
previous insults to Muslims.

Besides, have you seen any European government complaining and threatening boycotes? Bosnia (or the Bosniaks) has just shown that Muslim solidarity comes first than European solidarity. Same thing about Turkey who also complained. And Turks reclaim to have a secular state. Bah.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:22

dont mind, in EU christianity also comes from idea of Europea, we are even.

oh also these countries also secular.

Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:23

Mira

No one has the right to define these concepts.  To each is their own understanding of it.  What happened showed the world how much the West is ready to compromise its own promoted 'universal' values of tolerance and respect for others' beliefs.

I would argue instead that others are abusing West's values of tolerance in order to obtain political gains.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:24
Why are you so upset?  The boycott is not government-supported.  If governments are secular, that doesn't mean people are.  And so what if Islamic solidarity, as you call it, comes before European solidarity?  It can be argued that both are political entities.
Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:24

You know nothing about the Prophet, yet feel no embarrassment to display your ignorance so openly.  At least do some reading before trying to debate something.

Your tone of barely concealed condescension shows us why you are unable to advance as societies: thinking that others are informed or stupid, and you and only you know exactly the truth, is a form a intolerance peculiar to religious people. I did read many biographies of the prophet and many books studying the history of islam. Not as many as about christianism, but enough to know how ridiculous any islamic believer is . . .  

Il n'y a que les imbciles et les huitres qui adhrent - Paul Valry
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:25

Voyager

do you realy wait Turkish or bosnain support, Islam is also our religion.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:25
Originally posted by Voyager

I would argue instead that others are abusing West's values of tolerance in order to obtain political gains.

You're the ones preaching tolerance and respect for others' beliefs and practicing the opposite.  Make up your minds.
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:27

Originally posted by Voyager

You're the ones preaching tolerance and respect for others' beliefs and practicing the opposite.  Make up your minds.

The problem is: there is no reciprocity from the Muslims. Did you get it now?

Edited by Voyager
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:30

No one has the right to define these concepts. To each is their
own understanding of it.

And here it is ok to joke about anything and everything (caricatures are NOT considered to be insults). You apparently don't understand that and are trying to impose your definitions on us. These things work both ways, you know.
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:32
Originally posted by Boztorgay

Your tone of barely concealed condescension shows us why you are unable to advance as societies: thinking that others are informed or stupid, and you and only you know exactly the truth, is a form a intolerance peculiar to religious people. I did read many biographies of the prophet and many books studying the history of islam. Not as many as about christianism, but enough to know how ridiculous any islamic believer is . . .  

I don't see you learned anything from what you read; if you read anything, that is.  You come across as any uninformed bigot.  If you tell me lies I can detect, I don't see why I shouldn't point them out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>