Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liberalism & atheism linked to higher IQ's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberalism & atheism linked to higher IQ's
    Posted: 27-May-2010 at 16:34
TGS wrote;

"What the heck are you talking about?"

The obvious TGS, Bush obviously thought more about a single mother with one child than does the current administration!

It is most obvious!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 16:38
Originally posted by opuslola

TGS wrote;

"What the heck are you talking about?"

The obvious TGS, Bush obviously thought more about a single mother with one child than does the current administration!

It is most obvious!

Regards,

What are you saying? Look at the chart, Obama decreased taxes even further. Do you know understand that $2,281 > $1,881?

And look at the rest, Obama drastically cut taxes for poor and middle class Americans across the board, and gave them health insurance.

the Know Nothing Party.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 17:12
Lets see TGS, it seems that Bush increased the "Earned Income Tax Credit" by $953 during his stud! But, Obama only gave the same group (single women with one child) an increase of only $400.00!, I.E., only less that one half of what Bush gave them!

Thus, just whom loves single women with one child more? Bush or Obama?

Regards,
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 17:15

Lets see TGS, it seems that Bush increased the "Earned Income Tax Credit" by $953 during his stud! But, Obama only gave the same group (single women with one child) an increase of only $400.00!, I.E., only less that one half of what Bush gave them!

Thus, just whom loves single women with one child more? Bush or Obama?

Regards,

Ok, so according to your logic, because Obama reduced their taxes by a further $400 dollars, and gave them health insurance on top of that, this means that he doesnt care for them? Interesting. I'll let other people judge for themselves, I need not say anything more.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 27-May-2010 at 17:16
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 17:19
Oh! I see! You want to mention these people;

"Married couple, two earners, three children, $45,000
$1,020
- $1,510
- $3,183

Married couple, one earner, two children, $50,000
$2,825
$688
$288

Married couple, two earners, two children, $85,000
$7,235
$5,383
$4,583

Single, no children, $60,000
$8,236
$7,484
$7,084

Yes, I see these $400 to $1,200 benifices to these groups, but just how much will such small cuts do, when Obama "promises" to raise "electric rates" by "sky-rocketing increasings!"

Also, your post, does not show every tax rated group! Are there some things that are being hidden?
I think that I know the answer to the higher electricity rates? Obama plans to pay these higher rates for those who would most likely be hurt the most!

He intends the "rich" to pay for their electricity!

Do you deny it?

If so, just what would be the incentive for most of the lower paid Americans to lower their energy consumption? In just what areas are local "recycling" efforts most effective?

Answer, In high middle class and higher neighborhoods! Almost no recycled materials are collected in "low income" neighborhoods!

Edited by opuslola - 27-May-2010 at 17:27
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 16:01
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 17:50
So, we place solar cells all over parts of S.California, Arizona, and New Mexico, and we would become energy independant?

Will you pay for those who already live there to move? Just like drilliing rigs, do you want one on your horizon? Or in your back yard?

Of course you do!

But, you as a revolutionary Marxist, could care less!

So, just what is keeping this from being built?

Is it because it is as of now, more expensive?

Come on, you know the answer?

But just what would our trees, and grasses, etc., do without the "carbon emissions?" Naughty!

How dare you deny these indigeneous plants the right to grow with impunity, as well as suppy our planet with a great amount of most needed oxygen!

Perhaps, you would be happier without higher life forms on our planet?

Come on now, be truthful?

Edited by opuslola - 09-Jun-2010 at 17:54
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 18:12
Wow, so you are also against solar energy? May I ask why people in your camp are against any form of innovation or change? You know why our car companies cant compete anymore right? Interesting, exactly what type of a world do you imagine your great grandchildren living in?

This is something that shouldnt even be a right vs left issue, this is simply common sense.

Obviously the solar panels will not all be in those locations, they will be spread out, what this chart is trying to show is that 500,000 square kilometers of solar panels can satisfy our planets needs.

Now, large parts of the Western United States are uninhabited, as well as large parts of Western China, the Australian continent, large parts of the Arabian peninsula, and the Sahara desert. These locations also get a large amount of sunlight.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 09-Jun-2010 at 18:13
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 18:24
Now, large parts of the Western United States are uninhabited, as well as large parts of Western China, the Australian continent, large parts of the Arabian peninsula, and the Sahara desert. These locations also get a large amount of sunlight.

And a large portion of where I live is also "uninhabited" due to hurricane Katrina!

Perhaps we can build these wonders upon the broken remains of homes?

So, get off of your ass and go build the MF's!

It is as easy as 1,2 3!

Heck, I would like one at my home!

Wait, maybe the Government will build one for me, for free?

I doubt it! If that happened just how would Al Gore make any money?

Please do not suggest that he might make it via "Carbon-offsets?"

I just could not stand that!

You also asked;

"Interesting, exactly what type of a world do you imagine your great grandchildren living in?"

Answer; A world of representative democracy, a world of true religious freedom, a world of entrepreneurs, a world with inexpensive energy, a world without people like you!

But, we will have to accept you anyway!

Love ya!

Edited by opuslola - 09-Jun-2010 at 18:31
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 18:33
"Obviously the solar panels will not all be in those locations, they will be spread out, what this chart is trying to show is that 500,000 square kilometers of solar panels can satisfy our planets needs."

So, just whom will protect these panels from Volcanic eruptions, which might well cloud these skies for months or years? Or, from terrorist attacks? Or from our variable Star?

Why don't we instead use a "variable" power system that uses all of the resources still available to us today?

Edited by opuslola - 09-Jun-2010 at 18:40
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 18:37

And a large portion of where I live is also "uninhabited" due to hurricane Katrina!

Perhaps we can build these wonders upon the broken remains of homes?

Nope, not enough sunlight throughout the year to warrant the building of solar panels in Mississippi.

So, get off of your ass and go build the MF's!

It is as easy as 1,2 3!

I cant, but a nationwide effort can. First step is to acknowledge that we need a new source of energy. Investments in nuclear power and solar panels are the future, and if there is enough interest and dedication, solar panels in space would be an even better option.

Heck, I would like one at my home!

Good for you, get some, a lot of people are doing this now.

Wait, maybe the Government will build one for me, for free?

The government wont just build you one, it would be for the nation as a whole, so yes, indirectly, it will be for you to. Germany's already working on this.

I doubt it! If that happened just how would Al Gore make any money?

Maybe he'd start a solar panel building company.

Answer; A world of representative democracy, a world of true religious freedom, a world of entrepreneurs, a world with inexpensive energy, a world without people like you!

But, we will have to accept you anyway!

Love ya!

So you are for representative democracy yet against people who have a different opinion than you. I'm not surprised, thats a very Republican thing to say.

So, just whom will protect these panels from Volcanic eruptions, which might well cloud these skies for months or years? Or, from terrorist attacks? Or from our variable Star?

Hm, lets see, we currently have thousands of miles of oil pipelines with no or minimal protection whatsoever, I'm sure we can manage watching over solar panels. Of course, they would be guarded.

On what basis are you against the use of solar panels? Other than the fact that you are a Republican and just say no to everything regardless, I'm curious to know if there is an actual underlying reason for your ridiculous argument.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 09-Jun-2010 at 18:39
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 18:54
"I'm curious to know if there is an actual underlying reason for your ridiculous argument."

It is because people like you would literally force it down our throats! Because, like you imply almost every post, the normal person does not have the good sense to do the correct thing!

Hell, I have not problem with placing solar cells, or solar what evers, you want in undeveloped areas of this planet, even upon the roof of my home!

What I want, and what every American wants, is to wait until these sources become economically viable!

We just do not want "skyrocketing electrictity prices" to hit us in our pocket books because of a bunch of idiots, like Al Gore, and his kind, that stand to make billions from it!

Most all persons like you TGS, who now say "we will build nuclear power plants", etc., fo not actually want to see "one new plant built!" It is most obvious that the majority of those whose gratitutiy you tend to look for, do not want it, now or never!

Just look at the regulations designed to prevent the building of one!

Rather than see America and the West go back to the Stone Age, I would rather have a good old American coal mine, in my back yard, and a oil drilling rig in my front yard!

"And that the way it is!" To quote from an old, radical, and now peacefully dead former CBS newsman!

Yours in love!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 19:06

It is because people like you would literally force it down our throats! Because, like you imply almost every post, the normal person does not have the good sense to do the correct thing!

Whose forcing it down your throat? Do you know what an investment is?

Hell, I have not problem with placing solar cells, or solar what evers, you want in undeveloped areas of this planet, even upon the roof of my home!

Ok then, we are on the same page, what are you arguing about? If you want it, and I want it, then whose forcing it down your throat? No one, you just like being angry.

What I want, and what every American wants, is to wait until these sources become economically viable!

They will only become viable if we invest in making them viable. Currently, there are scientists, engineers, etc... working on designing more cost efficient solar panels and nuclear power plants.

Have you heard of Generation III nuclear power plants:

A generation III reactor is a development of any of the generation II nuclear reactor designs incorporating evolutionary improvements in design which have been developed during the lifetime of the generation II reactor designs. These include improved fuel technology, superior thermal efficiency, passive safety systems and standardized design for reduced maintenance and capital costs.

But to develop these technologies and to make such sources of energy more viable we must invest in them and invest in the research, THIS STUFF DOESNT JUST COME OUT OF THIN AIR.

We just do not want "skyrocketing electrictity prices" to hit us in our pocket books because of a bunch of idiots, like Al Gore, and his kind, that stand to make billions from it!

Show me a source that says Al Gore stands to make billions from the adoption of alternative energy sources? This sounds like a baseless and ludicrous claim.

Most all persons like you TGS, who now say "we will build nuclear power plants", etc., fo not actually want to see "one new plant built!" It is most obvious that the majority of those whose gratitutiy you tend to look for, do not want it, now or never!

What, please rephrase, I didnt understand a word of this.

Rather than see America and the West go back to the Stone Age, I would rather have a good old American coal mine, in my back yard, and a oil drilling rig in my front yard!

You do know that oil and coal are not unlimited right, and highly costly in the long run?

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2010 at 08:51
By the way TGS. It seems that Spain has made more investment in Solar Power than anyother nation!

So, just how has this experiment worked out?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-30/spain-pricks-solar-power-bubble-as-greek-fate-looms-update1-.html

http://www.climatechangefraud.com/politics-propaganda/6822-the-scandal-of-solar-power-in-spain

So, it seems Spain, which our President held out as a perfect example of a nation dedicated to Green Energy, has not been able to afford Solar Power, so how can we?

Edited by opuslola - 10-Jun-2010 at 08:54
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2010 at 15:37
We can because we are richer and more technologically advanced than Spain. Japan and Germany are far ahead of other nations in this field. Both nations are investing large amounts of money and brain power into solving the energy problem while we continue to lag behind.

The fact is that both solar and nuclear power have been getting cheaper and cheaper as new technologies become available. The more we invest in developing these technologies, the cheaper solar power and nuclear power become.

You are trying to argue that we shouldnt invest in nuclear or solar energy?

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 10-Jun-2010 at 15:49
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2010 at 15:53
If environmentalists, etc., had not sabotaged the ability of Americah utility companies to actually construct and finish Nuclear facilities for the last 25 or so years, we might well have a safe, and secure electric grid today? Without having to burn natrual gas, coal and oil to produce electricity!

Heck these same groups have even prevented the construction of refineries, etc.,not to mention all of the drilling crap!

What is really funny is that Iran has failed to build any refineries! They have to ship all of their crude out of the country to then get the refined products shipped back to them! Weird?

Edited by opuslola - 10-Jun-2010 at 15:56
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2010 at 16:00

If environmentalists, etc., had not sabotaged the ability of Americah utility companies to actually construct and finish Nuclear facilities for the last 25 or so years, we might well have a safe, and secure electric grid today?

Heck these same groups have even prevented the construction of refineries, etc.,not to mention all of the drilling crap!

mhmm, very good answer...LOL

What is really funny is that Iran has failed to build any refineries! They have to ship all of their crude out of the country to then get the refined products shipped back to them! Weird?

Yea, mostly because of sanctions and a lack of technical ability. This is in fact why Iran does need nuclear power. Many Americans mistakenly assume that Iran doesnt need nuclear power because it has oil...this is as far from the truth as one can possibly get. Like you said, what oil money Iran has is mostly spent on buying fuel.

Therefore, Iran has a very good case for developing nuclear power plants. I am absolutely shocked that you actually knew this, you definitely didnt hear it on Fox. Good for you!

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 10-Jun-2010 at 16:01
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2010 at 17:05

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2010 at 18:35
My dear, dear TGS! You actually wrote above that Iran could not develop a refining industry to make oil into gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc,, because of the following:

"lack of technical ability!":

You must be on better pharmacutical drugs than I can purchase, if you actually beleive the above?

So, they do not have the capability to build a "cracking tower", but they have the ability to build "atomics?"

You might well want to rethink your words?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2010 at 19:04

So, they do not have the capability to build a "cracking tower", but they have the ability to build "atomics?"

Your are spot on. Technologically its different and investment in nuclear energy today is much more beneficial in the long run than investing in building refineries.

Think about it this way, why waste years researching on a technology that is outdated when you can spend the same amount of time and money investing in a technology of the future.

Furthermore, if Iran were to build a refinery, it would not change the fact that it would have to use most of its own oil to supply its own countries energy needs, meaning it will have less oil to export, which would be disastrous for the Iranian economy.

Its simply common sense.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 13-Jun-2010 at 19:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>