Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHijab vs. Niqaab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hijab vs. Niqaab
    Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 09:24

Since I do not want to continue making this a 'my view versus your view' issue, this will be my only remaining response to you. I find that this is turning into nit picking.

Originally posted by Seko

Thanks for your patience Azimuth.

First I'll start with info on Salat then a conclusion.

Islam is a din, religion, that was practiced before the time of Muhammed. The Koran tells us to follow the messenger(s). This means him and other previous ones.

thats true ( as per Muslim's belive), but how would you floolw the messengers?

the Quran isn't Messengers' life nor their ways, the Prophet didnt have any choice over the content of the Quran ( as per Muslim's belive), so the Quran is a Message from God to Peopld came for all Humanity and Prophet Dutiy was to deliver this message and teach people what God wants them to do. which makes the Prophets a Role model for people to Follow, that include the details of their lives and their actions.

so Seko how would you follow the Messengers? the Hadiths you rejected the other books from god (jew and christan ones) were corrupted (as per muslim's belive) so what are you sources from which you will use to "follow" the messengers? in the Quran? yes sure but the Quran doesn't give details of the last Prophet's life in details as the Hadiths do.

Originally posted by seko

Salat - Contact Prayer

Who practiced the prayers from previous generations?

Abraham was given the information and revelations to hold prayer and to adhere (for his progeny) to the proper ways at the purified 'restricted santuary' 14:35-40, 22:26-27, 2:127-133. We are to follow the ways taught to him, montheism 16:120-123. The relgion of father Abraham 22:78.

Others who were taught and prayed also. Issac and Jacob 21:72-75, Moses 10:87, Jesus 19:29-31.

Even more, some of the followers made a mockery of it 8-35.

Contact method - Salat

Ablution - 5:6

Direction - 2:125

Takbeer - 17:110. Glorify God with the best of names. Allahu Akbar!

Fatiha - Sura 1

Bowing and Prostrating - 22:77, 56:74-You shall glorify the name of your Lord, the Great. Fasabbih biismi rabbika alAAatheemi.

Rising up - 'Hearer of prayers' 3:38, 7:55, 14: 39, 52:48

Prostrating - 87:1

yes those are the Details of the Prayers of the prophet and people mentioned in the Quran, and details of ablution, direction .. etc. Azimuth you wanted details and I presented them to you. Part of the order and actions are to be learned from the community. They are not all there as they are practiced now. Reread the history of my post. Reread the Koran if you need. The steps and accompanying verses show good insight into the salat procedure. Instead of appreciating that you want to make a big deal out of Tashahud (which is non-Koranic anyways). And by the way the hadith 602 Muslim does have an English version but you did not want to present it. It is less detailed then the Koran. I would take an educated guess that you did not learn the act of prayer by that Hadith,. So get real.

but do they tell you how to perform the Prayers? the order of doing them?

no they dont. Instead of saying no they dont. Look in the mirror and appreciate your guided book. The Koran.

i know whats written in the Quran and it doesn't tell the exact details of the basic prayers moves in the order muslim pray. that was the Duty of the Prophet to teach the people. I do agree that the prophet role modeled the act of salat prayer. Lets watch a video of him in action. Can't do that. He is not around. The Hadith are not a maunual for it either. The communities have that practice. We can check the Koran for what to say. You may disagree. But I still do not know where you get your 'exact' information.  

Tashahud - This one differs from the majority of Believers. Most honor and bless the families of Abraham and Muhammed. (Some of their family members were non-believers though). Another way is 3:18.

lol how do you that this verse is another way of saying Tashahud?

this verse is [18 ] There is no god but He: that is the witness of Allah, His angels, and those endued with knowledge, standing firm on justice. There is no god but He the Exalted in Power, the Wise.

i dont know if its a lack of knowledge in Arabic or its a misunderstanding or something else.

in that verse God himself is Witnissing himself as being the only God. and not known to be used as Tashahud in the Prayers. and what are your proofs of that? This is subjective and many reformers use this at the end of prayer. Why do you want blessings on dead families especially if they included nonbel ievers? I also may say La Ilaaha Il Allah and Al Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil Aalameen Ar Ramaanir Raheem.

or you just picket a verse and chose it to be a Tashahud, and more than that how do you know that we have to do Tashahud in the prayers? You don't have to do anything you don't want to. Use your sensibilities. Choose the community you think is right and go from there.

Overall, the timings were given in a previous post. This one contains history of prayer and certain things to say. The act of prayer was given to Abraham and he prayed that Allah give his progeny (Believers) the ability and know-how too. Some did it wrong (8-35).

i didnt deny nor rejected the Quran by any means, i do belive that the Quran is muslims first source, what iam saying that the Hadiths Explans the Quran in actions and gives details which are not mentioned in the Quran about the Quran. They may explain some actions and they may be wrong actions. You do not have God's gaurantee that they are correct. So choose anything you want.

ok now the verses you provided.

in verse 8:35 is talking about unbelivers of Makkah before battel of Badr and that they didnt pray and what they did is clapping and whistling.

[35] Their prayer at the House (of Allah) is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands: (its only answer can be), "Taste ye the Penalty because ye blasphemed."

doesnt say they were doing it right and then they did it wrong. Whatever the details the bottom line is that it was wrong and not acceptable.

Yet the Koran makes reminders that it was not lost and that one could find it done at the Sanctuary. Eventually, the Islamic community, via the messengers and the Koran, plus previous holy books ( Bible- Old and New testament; numbers 20:6, 1 Kings 18:39-42, Psalms 55:1, 16-17, Mathew 26:39) were given knowledge of prayer duties.

from the quran i cant and i wont argue that, but again how would you follow the messengers and the previouse holy books?

the messengers from what sources other than the Quran? All messengers are Moslem. They practiced religion before Muhammed. Islam was completed as a religion with Muhammed. I do not pick and choose or compare messengers. They are all examples. I hope you do not pick and choose either.

2:285 The messenger believes in what was sent down to him from his Lord. And the believers, all who believe in God, and His angels, and His Scriptures, and His messengers: "We do not differentiate between any of His messengers"; and they said: "We hear and obey, forgive us O Lord, and to you is our destiny."

from the Holy books or jew and christans are corrupted as per muslims belive, so how would you trust whats written there? Whether I trust them fully or not makes no difference. I have the Koran. I could ask God for guidance and I could make sense of it on my own or with help from others who may have knowledge.

and what islamic community are you talking a bout? the Prophet and His companions or other unknown communities which kept the Religion and eventually became muslim after the Prophet came? if the later ones then what are the sources you have to proove that you are praying as they did? Listen, Abu Huraira, is vague and was a late convert. He has so many hadith that he must have the best memeory in the history of the world. You can get your info from him. Moslems, over the years, pray in a variety of ways. Each sect has their specifiecs. I learned from my community (mostly Sunni). And they probably learned it from their fathers so on and so on. That part fulfilled some of my salat details. Not all. I already told you about my tashahud.

I had asked you to provide ahadiths on this subject in order to share with you that we both can follow the community of believers. The practice of faith is handed down via genrations. That's how I learned myself. Not from a hadith. But if you still want to provide a clear english translation then we can apprecite that too. If it agrees with the Koran than we are at peace with it. Lets, not forget, we are both to follow the messenger. How we follow can be of a difference though. Best wishes.

hmm i dont know if you are really following whats said in the Quran but again what community are you talking about? Communities (moslem)today (on most of salat). Don't avoid my request. It is only fair. Give me the Hadith that you so proudly believe in that tells us how to do salat. Do not keep anything out. All the details. More then what is in the Koran. So maybe I could believe that there actually exists a document in hadith that gives us all the details. That of which you asked from me as well.

and what generation that handed  down  the practice of the faith? the prophet and his companion or others? if others give sources and proofs please. i think you do have these sources sine you claim that from that source you learned how to pray. That is a good question. I already told you that I follow my (local) community in paractice for the majority of salat. I do not know what trustable sources exist to do so throughout history. I do so as an act of faith and mechanism for prayer. The Koran gives us times, certain acts and sayings. So it is always a reference.

what would you care about a clear english translation? as i provided earlier its in many hadiths and the one i gave in an earlier post shows the order. i couldn't find an english translation for that but its not a big deal the orginal one is Arabic and i can translated for you if you want. I found the English. So now you find it. It is not fully detailed by the way. I am still waiting. If you find more then one, then please present them.

the one i gave earlier shows the order and other hadiths shows the other details such as what to say in each position. Then present all of them. So we could all check for their reliability, validity and full details.

The Hadiths aren't something different from the Quran or contradict with them, they are explaining the Quran. and the Hadiths are prophet teaching of people and proper actions to follow the Quran, Not you own interpretation which will be based on your knowlegde of Arabic and Quran's verses reasons and orders. This is where we differ. Keep your hadiths. I will keep the Koran. Ask your Sheiks and I will ask my scholars and God. I will not go into the contradictions of the Hadiths compared to the Koran unless you ask for them. I hope you do because I really would like to know your view on many of the disturbing ones.

You could PM me if you like or respond here. If you do so here, then make a conclusion. I will not continue on this debate any further. I presented what you ask. You skimped on the issue and did not do what I asked. You partially did. That is fine. Thanks and Peace.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by Seko
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 11:11
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 11:15
Sorry Cahaya. I made a promise to Azimuth to answer his questions. Unfortunately, I have used this thread as a platform for doing so and it may come across as innappropriate. Now that I have finished I will either respond to him via PM or not at all on this matter. I appreciate your patience in letting us clear our differences. Please go back to the topic of the thread.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 11:32
I think I have my answer already.... well i think in page 2 or 3...  and I already expressed my conclusion on this topic... I never thought tht this topic will make u guys have.. well, u know urself ... but there is lotsa useful info provided by u guys.. thanks...by the way... do u eat squid?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 11:38

I hope some of this usefull info will be just that. Otherwise I know that many of us could go on and on endlessly.

Yes, I eat squid, fish, and other seafood. I am not picky to extremes. Not sure about squid but fish is very healthy (as long as it doesn't have a high mercury count in it). No harram there. 'Eat of the good things' -28:21, 2:172, 5:4, 20:81.

Harram food - 2:173, 5:3, 5:60, 6:145 

Edited by Seko
Hamoudeh View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 12:33

I had asked you to provide ahadiths on this subject in order to share with you that we both can follow the community of believers. The practice of faith is handed down via genrations. That's how I learned myself. Not from a hadith.  Part of the order and actions are to be learned from the community. I learned from my community (mostly Sunni). And they probably learned it from their fathers so on and so on.

There are 2 things that I would like to ask, and the first concerns the above mentioned; where exactly do you think the generations of the community has learned how to practice faith? You said to learn from mostly the Sunni community; Sunnis traditionally follow Madhahib, schools of law. I don't know how familliar you are with 'Usul al-Fiqh if at all, but this is the basis of such a school. The schools use different sources, but all agree on the first 4: Qur'an, Sunnah (of the Prophet), Ijma and Qiyas.

The most relied upon way to retrieve the Sunnah of the Prophet are the 'Ahadith. All four schools rely on this, so if you learned from the Sunni community you indirectly learned from 'Ahadith. To follow the Sunnah through 'Ahadith does not mean one digs up the 'Ahadith himself or researches the books of Hadith, this is primarily the task for the `Ulema of Hadith (the Muhaddithun) and the `Ulema of Fiqh (the Fuqaha).

I'll give you an example of an alternative way, which is used in one school alongside with the 'Ahadith. This is the principle of Imam Malik, called `Amala Ahlul Madina, the works/practices of the people of Madina. he based themselves on their practices which he calls the living Sunnah, sometimes relied more upon them than on certain 'Ahadith. This is a principle in the Maliki school, and I'll give you an example pertaining to Salah. In the Maliki school, there is Ikhtilaf on the positioning of the arms. From the `Amala, Sadl (arms along the sides, like Shi`as do) is concluded and from 'Ahadith Qabd (one arm over another) is concluded. Imam Malik permits both, but his preferred position is Sadl and so you will find many Maliki Sunnis practices Sadl instead of Qabd.

Now you requested for evidences for prayer from 'Ahadith, for the Hanafi school you can find them in numerous books, even online. For example:

Sifatus Salah - Shaykh Muhammad Iliyas Faysal

The second question, you seem to have problems with Abu Huraira, which has enormous consequences, and as you seem to constaly rely on the Submitters/19ers of Rashid Khalifa, I would like to know your view on the following: they deny that the second of the Shahadatayn, namely 'Ashhadu 'anna Muhammadu r-Rasoulullaah (I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of God), is not part of Islam and this because it is supposed to be from a Hadith narrated by Abu Huraira. Is this your view as well?  

Edited by Hamoudeh
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 14:39

For a man who would not tell me where in the Koran it says we should follow another form of Sunna you sure do have the nerve to ask me so many questions.

I have a few questions for you and you can either open a thread or give me your answers in PM. We agree on learning from our communities. Do you live in Medina to follow the Maliki's way? If so is it the same way as before? If not then the living sunna is something that Maliki observed.  "This source, according to Malik, sometimes supersedes hadith, because the practice of the people of Medina was considered "living sunnah," in as much as the Prophet migrated there, lived there and died there, and most of his companions lived there during his life and after his death. The result is a much more limited reliance upon hadith than is found in other schools."

Though this community may have followed their ways as best as possible we have recorded hadith from Al-Muwatta of Malik that: Book 14, Number 14.3.4:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi from Abdullah ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, saw spittle on the wall of the qibla and scraped it off. Then he went up to the people and said, "Do not spit in front of you when you are praying, because Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, is in front of you when you pray."

The above hadith gives a precise location for where God is during prayer. Though he is omnipresent,  he is only located in the front here. Which one is it?

Is it the Chicken or the Egg? Did the prophet share his knowledge at the time of his mission or did believers learn of it years later. We all understand that he shared it in his lifetime. We also know that he followed the Koran. You rely on Muslim for your Salat. Yet we also know they are not from the Koran. I did not go into detail on the reliability or factuality of the link on Muslim and Bukhari hadiths that you provide. That could be for another thread. Read my post to Azimuth.

Sahih Muslim was a collection of the sayings and deeds of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. It was compiled by Imam Muslim.

Muhammad's sayings and deeds are called sunnah and a collection of them deemed to be sahih or genuine is called a hadith. Imam Muslim (full name Abul Husain Muslim bin al-Hajjaj al-Nisapuri) was born in 202 A.H. and died in 261 A.H. He travelled widely to gather his collection of ahadith, including to Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Egypt. Out of 300,000 ahadith which he evaluated, only 4,000 approximately were extracted for inclusion into his collection based on stringent acceptance criteria. Each report in his collection was checked for compatibility with the Qur'an, and the veracity of the chain of reporters had to be painstakingly established. Muslim was a student of Bukhari.

It is important to realize, however, that Muslim's collection is not complete: there are other scholars who worked as Muslim did and collected other authentic reports. After Sahih Bukhari, this is the most authentic hadith collection in the Sunni perspective.

Muslim was born centuries after Muhammed. You can take his collection as being faultless. I don't. My question is this. What happened, in that 200 odd years of time between the work of the prophet Muhammed and the cannonized books of Bukari and Muslim, to the community of believers? Were they practicing vague and unreliable Hadith or did the community already practice and study the science of isnad? If so, why centuries to catalogue them? "According to the reliability and memory of the reporters; the final judgment on a hadith depends crucially on this factor: verdicts such as sahih (sound), hasan (good), da'if (weak) and maudu' (fabricated, forged) rest mainly upon the nature of the reporters in the isnad."   http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/scienc eofhadith/asa2.html

If they weren't catalogued then historians relied on isnad and the liabilities that go with the hazzards of memorization and unproven (non)factual content.

My point is that the believers of the time of the prophet were informed by him. The community carried on the tradition. Whether it is the same tradition as today only God knows. We both may follow forms and some functions as learned from our communities. But I also have realized that we may be wrong in blindly doing so. So I have made a few corrections as my mentality and judgement allows.  

6:19

Again this is not a debate. They are questions that I will not follow up with in this thread. You can answer them from the method I suggested.

Edited by Seko
Hamoudeh View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 15:58

I have the nerve to ask you so many questions? I only ask you 2 questions, if your complaints would be for any other purpose than rhetoric you would simply not have answered at all. In fact, you didn't answer my second question; why is that? Do you agree with the submitters claim that the second of the Shahadatayn is not part of Islam, or don't you? It's a simple question.

I tried to be helpful by pointing out a book that offers evidences from 'Ahadith for prayer in the Hanafi school, but now I wouldn't be willing to say where in the Qur'an it says the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad is to be followed, right? I linked many works, it's all in there; do you want me to copy paste each verse that commands to obey the Messenger in here, so you can pretend to be a Mufassir and explain me how it means something else than following his Sunnah?

In any case, you didn't properly respond to the first question either and rather turned it into another attempt to disprove the value of `Ilmu l-Hadith. Who are you trying to convince?  You seem to be heavily confused whether you are denying the Sunnah of the Prophet or `Ilmu l-Hadith, if not rather both or haven't even made up your mind yet if any at all. But you do mention to take from the community, so i'll assume it's limited to Hadith. What does Hadith mean? When I say, so and so Hadthana such and such, what am I saying? I am saying that so an so has related to us such and such, and the process goes on for we relate it to others, and they to others. Thus the Sahaba relate it to the Tabi`oun (which includes Imam Abu Hanifa), the Tabi`oun to the Atba Tabi`oun (which includes the other three Fuqaha) and so forth. So where does the community get it from if not from Hadith, even if Muslim would have been born a century ago to collect it all in a book what does it change in the fact that the community gets it through Sanad?  

I have even the nerve to ask you another question, considering that things are unreliable from your perspective and the fact that the society of the Prophet was an oral one, how are you sure that anything we know, Muslim scholars and Orientalists alike, about all aspects of that society which are not mentioned in the Qur'an are reliable? Maybe we don't even have a history, made it's all just made up. Right? You don't have to respond, but for everyone to know respond to the question of the Shahadatayn. Is saying 'ashhadu 'anna Muhammadu r-rasoulullah part of the Shahada, or is it as the submitters claim, who you like to rely upon, from a Hadith frabricated by Abu Huraira? This is their claim: http://www.submission.org/true-shahada.html 

Edited by Hamoudeh
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 16:22

For someone who seems so precise you sure did not follow the suggestion I gave you.

The links you gave me were about traditional Sunna, not from the Koran. I want to know where it says in the Koran about following someone elses sunna? No need to copy paste. One ayat will do.

Basing religion on Hadith to the point of practicing hadith into religion is questioned. Practicing what the Koran says isn't questioned.

I used a schools leading works as an example. Thus the hadith I presented for you to answer. You didn't and instead went on this why is history in question now bit. Obviously the hadith puts you in a wierd position. But it is hadith none-the-less. Hence according to you true and valid for religious duty. Yet it is irrational and against the Koran.

You did not follow up in PM or anther thread so I will close this one. Too bad too. I gave you a chance to answer my questions but you did not. You did not tell me what happened in the period between the prophet and the books of hadith. You did not give me an ayat from the Koran on the Sunna other than Allah's. You did not tell me what the hadith I presented means. If it is wrong or right. What am I supposed to do then? Give you more time to question everything I do and not get specific answers back in kind.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 16:42

Since I do not want to continue making this a 'my view versus your view' issue, this will be my only remaining response to you. I find that this is turning into nit picking.

what do you mean by "my view versus your view"? its a discussion and mostly it has views against each others.but sure its your choice to end your responses or keep going here or in PMs. i dont see the difference its a discussion in an Intellectual discussion and i think its important for many to read. if you dont think so then do what you want and dont replay. its your choice to replay or not.

and i didnt mean to "nit" pick anything, if you felt so then i apologieze.

iam just trying to see it from your point of view and to do so i had to ask you questions. this is normal in any discussion.

yes those are the Details of the Prayers of the prophet and people mentioned in the Quran, and details of ablution, direction .. etc. Azimuth you wanted details and I presented them to you. Part of the order and actions are to be learned from the community. They are not all there as they are practiced now.

yes thank you for presenting the details of the prayers which are mentioned in the Quran. by the way i knew them before you presented them, i just wanted to see how would you know how to pray like you are praying now from these verses?

now you mentioned the community part which i asked what are they, you said they are the Islamic community, i dont want to ask a question here where do you think this community got its prayer details from? i would say Hadiths  unless you have a different answer please do so.

this will make the community you are following is following the Hadiths too along with the Quran (which what most muslims around the world doing).

and from the above its simply saying that you are following the Hadiths in some way. and instead of calling it Hadiths you prefered to call it Community. i know this assumption still depend if the community you follow has other sources than Hadiths for their details.

Reread the history of my post. Reread the Koran if you need. The steps and accompanying verses show good insight into the salat procedure.

i did reread history of your post and the Quran is avaiable to me in many ways and in many translations and the meaning of the words of the Quran are available to me through Arabic/Arabic dictionaries online and books at home, and the interpretation of the verses are available through Tafseer books of most famouse Sunnie sources (which are using Hadiths and actions of the prophet and his companions and their companions and the early scholars which includes Imams of Sunnie branches and after all these sometimes the author of the Tafseer says his opinion)

from the above paragraph i would say i have enough sources and idea of the religion. if needed more then i will just have to look though sites or just visit City Library or ask a trusted scholar who has to provide sources.

so i didnt deny the mentioning of prayers movements and sayings in the Quran.

what i said is that it doesn't has the order nor does it has the details, you agree with me on that since you said the rest of the details you learned from the community.

Instead of appreciating that you want to make a big deal out of Tashahud (which is non-Koranic anyways). And by the way the hadith 602 Muslim does have an English version but you did not want to present it. It is less detailed then the Koran. I would take an educated guess that you did not learn the act of prayer by that Hadith,. So get real.

again i didnt deny that and i fully appreciate the Quran and i didnt say i didnt appreciate it.

The Quran is complete and has all what a muslim needs from birth to death. thats muslims suppose to belive as a fact. i do belive that too.

the Quran which is God's words has details of many thing and has briefly described other details and ORDERED muslims to Follow the Prophet and ask the knowledable people. that covers the not mentioned details. and by that the Quran proovs to be Complete and covering all aspects of human life.

you are agreeing with me that muslims should follow the prophets , but its look like that there aren't a source to do so aside from the Quran, and as i said the Quran came not to describe each prophet life it came for all humanity and the last prophet's life and sayings arent all mentioned in the Quran.

and about the Tashahud and the english version of that Hadith, I didnt say there aren't english version of that hadith i said "i" couldn't find it because the site i vist doesnt has the same organization in the English page as it does in the Arabic one. so if i did some "diging" i would've found it.

also i did mentione that  providing the prayers details in the Hadiths to you are not helping here since you reject all hadiths ( which i did presented in 3 languages but they were in bulk and you have to do the "diging" which you didnt ) and claiming that the Quran as those details in it. you provided the verses in the Quran about those details and then admitted that the rest of the details are NOT from the Quran but from another sources which you called Community.

the Tashahud was an example i chose, there are more, such as How do you know that the first Sura is requied in every Prayer?. those details were mentioned in the Quran.

but do they tell you how to perform the Prayers? the order of doing them?

no they dont. Instead of saying no they dont. Look in the mirror and appreciate your guided book. The Koran.

i dont know how you got that i dont appreciate the Quran

as i mentioned above the Quran is complete. i respect it and apreciate it.

in the other hand you insulted the Imams of the Hadiths and accused them of making up the Quran themselvs and by following the Hadiths we are actully following them not God.

i know whats written in the Quran and it doesn't tell the exact details of the basic prayers moves in the order muslim pray. that was the Duty of the Prophet to teach the people. I do agree that the prophet role modeled the act of salat prayer. Lets watch a video of him in action. Can't do that. He is not around. The Hadith are not a maunual for it either. The communities have that practice. We can check the Koran for what to say. You may disagree. But I still do not know where you get your 'exact' information.  

hmmm, so from that you are saying that the Hadiths aren't prophet saying and recored of his actions, at the same time saying the the "communitites" have those practice.

now the important Question where did the Communites got those practices from? From the Prophet? yes? did these communities  see the prophet praying? the early ones did? oh ok those early ones did record that and those record are called HADITHS.

in that verse God himself is Witnissing himself as being the only God. and not known to be used as Tashahud in the Prayers. and what are your proofs of that? This is subjective and many reformers use this at the end of prayer. Why do you want blessings on dead families especially if they included nonbel ievers? I also may say La Ilaaha Il Allah and Al Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil Aalameen Ar Ramaanir Raheem.

hmmm still i think its mostly a matter of language interpretation/translation, that verse is talking about God witnessing himself to be the only god. Tashahud means YOU witness that God is the only God and Prophet Muhammed is his Messenger. unless there are another meaning of Tashahud then please tell us.

then the Belessing on the Prophet Muhammed Family and Prophet Abraham's Family are to their house hold, to their wives and sons and daughters.

dont know how they are "dead unbelivers" to you.

or you just picket a verse and chose it to be a Tashahud, and more than that how do you know that we have to do Tashahud in the prayers? You don't have to do anything you don't want to. Use your sensibilities. Choose the community you think is right and go from there.

hmmm its a matter of personal choice here i think, like many religions Islam has its Principles and rules which muslims suppose not to alter as per their own liking or wishes. and again the Community must have a source for their doings and it most probably will go back to the Prophet's sayings and actions records AKA Hadiths.

[

i didnt deny nor rejected the Quran by any means, i do belive that the Quran is muslims first source, what iam saying that the Hadiths Explans the Quran in actions and gives details which are not mentioned in the Quran about the Quran. They may explain some actions and they may be wrong actions. You do not have God's gaurantee that they are correct. So choose anything you want.

i know that there are not Gaurantees but God also told us to do "Tawakul" which roughly means "take proper reasons" to make what you want accepted. and that applies for everything not only prayers, for example if you want to pass an exame you take all reasons to pass such as study the subject and do the past exams do a group study, ask lecturers...etc.

for the prayer "tawakul" would be do the Basic things such as the washing, the direction, the place, the order, what to do and what not do while praying ...etc.

you think Communities are the Better source for those not the Hadiths, mmm first you need to prove that the Communites aren't following the Hadiths, if so then you are Following the Hadiths and dont know that.

ok now the verses you provided.

in verse 8:35 is talking about unbelivers of Makkah before battel of Badr and that they didnt pray and what they did is clapping and whistling.

[35] Their prayer at the House (of Allah) is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands: (its only answer can be), "Taste ye the Penalty because ye blasphemed."

doesnt say they were doing it right and then they did it wrong. Whatever the details the bottom line is that it was wrong and not acceptable.

yes it was wrong iam not saying it was right, iam saying it doesnt say that they got it from the early prophet and did it wrong as you said.

the messengers from what sources other than the Quran? All messengers are Moslem. They practiced religion before Muhammed. Islam was completed as a religion with Muhammed. I do not pick and choose or compare messengers. They are all examples. I hope you do not pick and choose either.
2:285 The messenger believes in what was sent down to him from his Lord. And the believers, all who believe in God, and His angels, and His Scriptures, and His messengers: "We do not differentiate between any of His messengers"; and they said: "We hear and obey, forgive us O Lord, and to you is our destiny."

as i said from what sources? the jewish and Christan sources are corrupted as Muslim belive. so that will leave you with the Quran which has Stories of the Prophts and its the first source.

but other than the Quran, are they any other sources? community too?

i didnt say anything about if they were muslims or anything about picking.

from the Holy books or jew and christans are corrupted as per muslims belive, so how would you trust whats written there? Whether I trust them fully or not makes no difference. I have the Koran. I could ask God for guidance and I could make sense of it on my own or with help from others who may have knowledge.

i was asking how would you follow the messengers, you answer here is from the Quran. thats very true.  what about the last prophet? the Master of the Prophets and their Imams?

and what islamic community are you talking a bout? the Prophet and His companions or other unknown communities which kept the Religion and eventually became muslim after the Prophet came? if the later ones then what are the sources you have to proove that you are praying as they did? Listen, Abu Huraira, is vague and was a late convert. He has so many hadith that he must have the best memeory in the history of the world. You can get your info from him. Moslems, over the years, pray in a variety of ways. Each sect has their specifiecs. I learned from my community (mostly Sunni). And they probably learned it from their fathers so on and so on. That part fulfilled some of my salat details. Not all. I already told you about my tashahud.

how did you assume that Abu Huraira is vague?

late convert or not that doesnt change that he became a muslim and he is one of the Prophet's companions and by becomming a muslim his past was ereased as it is said in the Quran.

now here you are explaining the community that they learned them from thier fathers and their fathers ! based on whom at the end? all prophet companions who had any knowledge to share about the prophet is recored as Hadiths, so if your fathers' fathers's ... were converted sometime 300 years after prophet's death. how did they got that knowlege? i think from Hadiths (Shea or Sunnie Hadiths still Hadith just the Shea's has different Hadith scholars and many hadiths are in both branches).

if you are really following whats said in the Quran but again what community are you talking about? Communities (moslem)today (on most of salat). Don't avoid my request. It is only fair. Give me the Hadith that you so proudly believe in that tells us how to do salat. Do not keep anything out. All the details. More then what is in the Koran. So maybe I could believe that there actually exists a document in hadith that gives us all the details. That of which you asked from me as well.

i did provide all the Hadith (sunni) regarding Prayers, you want me to put them in order from the start to the end of Prayers? sure i will just need to find another site which has an english translation of Hadiths in order. by the way they are in order in the Arabic version which unfortunatly you wont understand.

by the way another member has a site with Prayers in order for one branch of Sunnies. check them out the Hadiths i gave you has those and more. the only thinkg that they are not in the order you require.

iam just wondering i noticed that you have a source for hadiths that you posted some in another thread, wonder if the prayers Hadiths aren't available in your source.

and what generation that handed  down  the practice of the faith? the prophet and his companion or others? if others give sources and proofs please. i think you do have these sources sine you claim that from that source you learned how to pray. That is a good question. I already told you that I follow my (local) community in paractice for the majority of salat. I do not know what trustable sources exist to do so throughout history. I do so as an act of faith and mechanism for prayer. The Koran gives us times, certain acts and sayings. So it is always a reference.

since you said that your communiy is/was sunnies then most probably the trustable sources which you dont know are the Hadiths.

and please dont take that as a rejection to the Quran. as i said the Quran is Complete and its the First source. dont mix up the piorities i take both as the Quran the first and the Hadith the secound.

what would you care about a clear english translation? as i provided earlier its in many hadiths and the one i gave in an earlier post shows the order. i couldn't find an english translation for that but its not a big deal the orginal one is Arabic and i can translated for you if you want. I found the English. So now you find it. It is not fully detailed by the way. I am still waiting. If you find more then one, then please present them.

i didnt say its fully details , i said it has the order , and by that i meant from standing then doing Rakah then Sajdah. this is called one Rakah.

and the 2nd Rakah is done the same by standing up after the Sajdah, after the 2nd Rakah there is a rest period which a 1st Tashuhad is said then again standing .... until the last Tashahud ans saying the Salam.

as i said earlier they are in the site i provided just the problem is with the organisation , check the one Hamoudeh gave. its part from that.

but if you insist then i will do the search by myself and do the "diging" but that will take time.

again it seems that you do have a source of Hadiths, please share with us a site if its a site. maybe its more organised than the one i have.

the one i gave earlier shows the order and other hadiths shows the other details such as what to say in each position. Then present all of them. So we could all check for their reliability, validity and full details.

lol since you reject all Hadiths and their scholars Bukhari...etc. i dont think that you will consider anything reliable and or valid  there.

anyway there are on that site. check them if you dont have them already in your own source.

The Hadiths aren't something different from the Quran or contradict with them, they are explaining the Quran. and the Hadiths are prophet teaching of people and proper actions to follow the Quran, Not you own interpretation which will be based on your knowlegde of Arabic and Quran's verses reasons and orders. This is where we differ. Keep your hadiths. I will keep the Koran. Ask your Sheiks and I will ask my scholars and God. I will not go into the contradictions of the Hadiths compared to the Koran unless you ask for them. I hope you do because I really would like to know your view on many of the disturbing ones.

you are talking like i rejected the Quran as you rejected the Hadiths ! i didnt reject any remember.

and what do you mean by "ask your sheiks and i will ask my scholars and God"?

whats the different between Sheiks and Scholars?

and where did i say that i ask Sheiks and not ask scholars ( if there are any difference) and where did i say i dont ask God?

and please show us the Contradictions. iam sure as most of whats happenining here its nothing more than Misunderstanding of the Arabic Language and the Interpretaion of the Words.

you reminded me of a member used to be here, when i told him women shouldn't be forced  Not to wear Hijab he said that i want Turkey to be like Saudi Arabia.

You could PM me if you like or respond here. If you do so here, then make a conclusion. I will not continue on this debate any further. I presented what you ask. You skimped on the issue and did not do what I asked. You partially did. That is fine. Thanks and Peace.

as you wish, i dont see a reason to go PMing, unless its personal. neither a conclusion which i dont see we would reach anyway. since you are rejecting what you aready practicing.

i did present what you asked (you didnt want to do the diging)and told you that its useless to show you whats in the Hadiths to and its you who needed to show me the other sources you learned how to pray from.

you gave me the Quran verses (which i knew) and finally told us the other source which is the Community who you dont know from which sources they got their practice from even though you saying that they are Sunnies .

plus dont forget that i asked some question which you ignored more than once.

for example the Hijab while praying one.

just please if this is bothering you for some reason dont bother to replay.

from my side i have no problems replaying, iam not a scholar nor i studied religion in college , i just have my sources which i use and which i dont know all the details in them. i check back and ask people who i think know more and see the other views as i mentioned before.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345