Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milosevic dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milosevic dead
    Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:44

Mila,

I just keep thinking what all my Serbian Dijaspora friends will think... They will probably just blame it on the Muslims! I know infront of them I will be happy, and rejoise, but inside I will be sad.. the irony of Serbia's history!

R-AK47,

The war was not that black and white. Infact I think your view is the same as the medias, except in reverse! You seem to be blaming everything on Muslims! It is not that at all. For people who want to know anything about the Balkan wars, you should know the war was not between Serbs, Croats, and Bosniaks! It was between Nationalists, and good people from all ethnicities! Please read Svetlana Broz's Book Good people in an evil time!

Edited by YuGo
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:47
You know I will never forget picking up a book "The Balkan wars for Dummies" (LOL), and one of the first things stated in the book was: "Serbs are the bad guys"..
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:48
Yugo, that is an amazing book. Look here: http://www.bu.edu/agni/miscellany/print/2001/54-broz.html
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:48
Originally posted by mamikon

Originally posted by Mila

Hehehe, cywr.

I can't wait until Montenegro declares independence - a part of me hopes Serbia will attempt to keep military control in the republic and generate a guerilla war - they intercepted another arms shipment in Bioce (near Podgorica) just this week, the Montenegrins are preparing.

Two Orthodox Christian peoples fighting each other would be interesting in terms of the genocide deniers... all the people with such a simplistic views of the conflict, as R-AK47, won't know what to do with themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if their heads exploded.

its quite sad that you want a guerrila war to start where many innocent people undoubtedly will die just to see the faces of the genocide deniers...i doubt you would feel the same way if you were one of those people stuck on the Serbia and Montenegro border...

Oh give it up. It's not as though I spelled out the desired consequences. I didn't sit and draw up a tally of how many I wanted to die.

It was just an example, at face value - without a shot fired it still stands.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:49

Jay,

Yes, I know! I have read a few of the stories online, but I can't find the Book anywhere in bookstores!

Mila,

Have you learned nothing from SSC?

Edited by YuGo
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:50
Originally posted by YuGo

Here is something interesting..

It is about how the Western Media purposely made it out to look like the Serbs were the bad guys, and Milosevic was a monster etc. etc.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3075619144301545275 &q=bosnia+war

It is in German, and English..

And Dutch subtitles.

I should get into using google video more, they seem to have a much broader selection of stuff thati initialy thought.

Arrrgh!!"
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:51

Jay,

Yes, I know! I have read a few of the stories online, but I can't find the Book anywhere in bookstores!

Yeah, same here! I can only find it in online bookstores, like amazon.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:55

Originally posted by mamikon

Hehehe, cywr.

I can't wait until Montenegro declares independence - a part of me hopes Serbia will attempt to keep military control in the republic and generate a guerilla war - they intercepted another arms shipment in Bioce (near Podgorica) just this week, the Montenegrins are preparing.

Two Orthodox Christian peoples fighting each other would be interesting in terms of the genocide deniers... all the people with such a simplistic views of the conflict, as R-AK47, won't know what to do with themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if their heads exploded.

its quite sad that you want a guerrila war to start where many innocent people undoubtedly will die just to see the faces of the genocide deniers...i doubt you would feel the same way if you were one of those people stuck on the Serbia and Montenegro border...

Oh give it up. It's not as though I spelled out the desired consequences. I didn't sit and draw up a tally of how many I wanted to die.

It was just an example, at face value - without a shot fired it still stands.

even if one person dies, thats too much...what is there to spell out, people die in wars, doesnt matter how many...they die
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 23:57
I agree.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:06
A story told by Hamid Dedovic
Ilidza, October 1998

I stayed in Ilidza when it became Serbian territory, because I didnt think that what happened could happen. Many Muslims were badly treated and some even killed. My neighbors, the Serbs, or better to say the Bosnian Serbs, saved me. It was the Serbs who came from Serbia who did the evil.

Six bearded men, Chetniks with the badges of the White Eagles, came into my house. As soon as they came through the door they started beating my wife, our two daughters, and me. Soon a neighbor, a Serbian woman, ran into the flat, too.

She said, Dont touch that man. Hes good! They attacked her and started to beat her.

I was taken to the gate where they were collecting the Muslims who were being sent to Kula and Pale. There many of them were beaten and slaughtered. Bora, a Serb, red-faced, breathless, and despairing, ran towards me and stood in front of me:

Here, take me instead of him. Hang me, and let him go.

I don't remember reading that one. My God, what strength. There aren't many beyond my own family I could do that for.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:11
"People started moving towards the buses, but some women and men were taken aside and not allowed to get on.

I walked back to a spot where theyd killed a woman. She was wearing dimije, the baggy Turkish-style trousers Muslim women wear in the countryside. I took them off the dead woman and put them on my ten-year-old son, Ramiz.

As we stood in front of the bus, they took one boy aside, just two meters away from us. They stripped him naked and, cutting off his testes, ordered his mother to eat them."

I heard about it at Omarska but I didn't realize they did it in Srebrenica.
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:13

@ first story..

I just get shivers from each one of the stories I read..

Dont Give Me Away, Mom, Please is one of my favourites thought..

@ Second Story...

That is so un-human.. I really can't imagine that being true, I mean how is it possible for a person to cause that much pain on a Child, Mother, father etc..

Edited by YuGo
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:15
Wheres the rest of that clip?
Arrrgh!!"
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:18

The anti - propoganda one?

I never found the second part of it.. But, here is a link to an article on this subject: http://www.slobodan-milosevic.org/fooled.htm

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:21

My favourtie one is: Known and Unknown Friends, told by: Zora Udovcic, a refugee from Novska Kozarska, dubica.

If I leave everything behind I dont know what Ill do, I said. We have no money for the trip.

My neighbor hugged me, and while she sobbed and kissed me, I felt her push a rolled-up bill into my hand.

I cant help you more than that, she said as we parted. I wish you all the luck in the world.

So powerful, and emotional.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:35

The anti - propoganda one?

I never found the second part of it.. But, here is a link to an article on this subject: http://www.slobodan-milosevic.org/fooled.htm

I was hoping for the whole program, not a focus on the camp.

Arrrgh!!"
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:37
I can't even look at such sites anymore, I just want to scream.

So whether or not your concentration camp had a barbed wire fence is relevent because...?

I heard Auschwitz didn't have a gate reading "Arbeit Macht Frei"... quick, stop the presses. The whole holocaust was therefore a hoax.

EDIT: Reminds me of Radislav Krstic's defense at the Hague - he said he should be acquitted because they didn't bury the bodies in the forest as was claimed, they burried them in the riverbank.

Edited by Mila
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:37
Mila,

why do I get the feeling you have posted those two witness accounts to shy

away from my post
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:40
Sorry, Mamaikon, I didn't see your post.

It was just an example, Mamaikon, to demonstrate my point. A hypothetical situation in a vacuum, without consequences. I didn't think about of these things.

It would be like saying - Bush said there won't be a civil war in Iraq and that there are no signs one is coming - ha! Is he blind? I hope it starts tomorrow, I hope it starts while he's giving a speech saying it won't!

I'm not wishing for war or for people to die - it's just an example to make a point. I really don't mean to think of consequences or these sorts of things.
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 00:46

Cywr,

Here is the only other program I have found that discuesses this issue.

Yugoslavia: The Avoidable War

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5860186121153047571& amp; amp;q=yugoslavia (Part 1)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6371060303901674397& amp; amp;q=yugoslavia (Part 2)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>