Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Muslims are a dangerous people?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Muslims are a dangerous people?!
    Posted: 28-Oct-2010 at 12:19
Then Great Simba and I seem have switched positions on this issue in questioning if Persian religion influenced its war activity.  He went on the defensive by attacking, and this didn't work so well.  I think in general religion is good for war and war is good for religion.   There has actually been research that identifies this to be true.  When people are stressed they beging exageratering differences and become more religious, regardless of which side they are on. 

In the thread about Why people become Muslims, someone has introduced Muslim bashing and destroyed the thread, turning it into discussion of hate speech, and obviously, intentionally destroying the purpose of the thread to increase information about the spiritual and moral reasons for being attracted to Islam.  I think we have a huge misunderstanding of what freedom of speech needs to be.  A science forum attracts people with a sincere interest in science, but they do not allow trash talk.  I guess this is because people interested in science tend to more professional people.  They love questions but don't tolerate trash talk like the history forums do.

Our history books do not stress that the Romanized Franks spread Christianity with the sword and created the Holy Roman Empire when the Center of Rome was too weak to hold control.  Genghis Khan told his people to never settled down and never choose one religion over the other, because the Muslims and Christians were constantly fighting each other.  In general our history books give us a sanitized and Christian controlled account of history.   I was blown away when I began communicating with Muslims and learned Israel is the middle of Palestine, breaking Palestine up into many reservations located on the worst land and controls transportation between these reservations.  Not so different from the Indo-Euro conquest of the Americas.  If Muslims feel like they are on the defensive and loosing ground, may be there is some justication for this? 

Edited by Athena - 28-Oct-2010 at 19:24
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2010 at 13:35
I agree with both Cavalry4ever and Athena, very enlightened posts!
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2010 at 17:31
I also get a good dose of America bashing most every where on this site! Especially from people who call themselves Americans!

I do not consider these acts as anywhere "enlightened!"

Only hateful!, and not "grateful!"

As I have said in other places here, Americans can also vote with their feet! That is, if they don't like the politics of the area in which they live, they can move, with their feet if necessary! If some American, and especially one which has actually taken the pledge of citizenship, does find out that he or she is not actually happy with America, they too can vote with their feet and emigrate to some other nation whereby they might well find happiness!

As a great and somewhat famous late comedian once said about those people who were living in a desert, with no food or water, he YELLED, "MOVE!"

That is find someplace with food and water, like minded friends, and be happy! I don't think that he meant 20 or so virgins?

So, to those of you who continually bash America because you don't like it, MOVE!

I will come out the the airport or sea-port and wave "a fond fare-well" to you! (once said by a famous American ambassador to the United Nations to the Soviets)   

And like the Japanese I will wave until you are out of sight! It is the gracious thing to do in Japan!

So, please be "gracious" to America, if you can? This is not a perfect nation, but it is the nation that you or your parents chose for you to live!

Other options always exist!

Edited by opuslola - 28-Oct-2010 at 17:47
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 12:53
As long as we can keep our religious zealots and other misguided people from destroying it, it is a fine country. I like government and idea of Constitution protecting minorities from tyranny of majorities. Love science and don't think a scientific theory is an opinion. I also like an idea of Secular Republic and would like to protect it against religious fanatics. I also have no problem with sane Christians, just with those that are perverting Christianity. When I see on TV mob orally abusing Muslims or the Muslim construction sites being vandalized (Tennessee) this makes me mad. I believe that American Muslims have exactly the same rights as any other Americans and can build their churches anywhere any other churches can be built. 

I also like to be critical of this country and its dark past and believe this is needed to move it forward and keep it great. I agree with most of thinking people that this is not a perfect Republic and needs more work. As we could see at the "Rally to Restore Sanity" there are many Americans that think the same. That was the biggest rally on the National Mall this year (215,000 people)
Do you, Opusiola, have problem with this?

Edited by cavalry4ever - 01-Nov-2010 at 13:03
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 14:31
Dear Cav for ever!, just show me a photograph of the crowd take from the same viewpoint as the Beck rally, and we shall be able to compare "penis length?"

Until then, all you and I have are the views of others! Sometimes the angle or depth of field interfers!

Besides, the rally you mention, also included a free concert! Certainly an Englishman turned Moslem, and a great writer and singer, is or could be a draw for some?

Maybe the DC clean up units could give us all a comparison of the trash pick up, and the time devoted to it, for both rallys?

So, in conclusion, from the words of one of my most favorite songs; "Ride on the Peace Train!"

I just loved "Tea for the Tillerman!"

But thanks for the thought!

Edited by opuslola - 01-Nov-2010 at 14:35
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 14:41
And Athena (Carol) wrote above;

"I was blown away when I began communicating with Muslims and learned Israel is the middle of Palestine, breaking Palestine up into many reservations located on the worst land and controls transportation between these reservations. Not so different from the Indo-Euro conquest of the Americas. If Muslims feel like they are on the defensive and loosing ground, may be there is some justication for this?"

And I, Athena, was "blown away" when I read your words above! And you are in your sixties? You surely missed a lot in your 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's!

Athena also wrote;

"...someone has introduced Muslim bashing and destroyed the thread, turning it into discussion of hate speech, and obviously, intentionally destroying the purpose of the thread to increase information about the spiritual and moral reasons for being attracted to Islam."

Hey! The name of this thread is? "Why Muslims are a dangerous people?!" Does not the very title suggest something?

But, it seems you are quickly learning!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 01-Nov-2010 at 14:46
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 16:17
Opusiola - you don't need the same vantage point or magic, there is such thing as geometry.

Edited by cavalry4ever - 01-Nov-2010 at 16:22
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 17:19
Becks rally: 87,000 people,

The rally to restore sanity: 215,000+

Opuslola, you are in the minority it appears Wink
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Moustafa Pasha View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Moustafa Pasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 02:03

The Good and Bad Muslims

The good muslims are those who follow the principles of the Quran and lead a normal life respecting the laws and customs of their country.
The bad muslims are those who falsely use religion for political reasons, using terror to achieve their objective to seize power.This group of people include the Muslem Brotherhood,the taliban,Hamas,and many other terrorist groups across the world.

The first group constitute 99% of muslims in the world while the second group represent 1% or less in the world.

The is my simplified opinion
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 14:02
"Opuslola, you are in the minority it appears
"

Thanks for the wink! Perhaps you are considering the election results after todays voting?

I may be in the "minority" but it seems my favorite candidates will soon be in the "majority!"

Good luck to all!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 14:14
I'm sorry, I shouldve been more clear, i meant right wing radicals (such as Tea Partiers/Becker's, those who hate immigrants, minorities, muslims, homosexuals, religious fundamentalists, etc...) are in the minority.

I have known for a long time that ignorant people are by far the majority in this nation (and this spans both sides of the political spectrum, although one side more than the other) and these people swing left and right so much...they voted in Obama in a land slide victory, and now they will most likely give the Republicans a majority in the House by a slim margin.

I'm not delusional, I'm pretty sure that the American people will hammer the last nail into the coffin today, unfortunately.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 02-Nov-2010 at 14:42
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 14:47
They might well stop the spending insanity that will for sure place the last nail in America's coffin!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 02-Nov-2010 at 14:48
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 15:25
Originally posted by opuslola

They might well stop the spending insanity that will for sure place the last nail in America's coffin!

Regards,

Republicans spend just as much if not more than Democrats do. Thats your fun fact for the day, now go watch Fox News again, which probably has you brainwashed into thinking that Democrats spend more.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 17:15
If you noticed the number of so called Republicans who refused to follow their so called party and decided to make a pact with the Democrats in an attempt to elect Democrats rather than any one using the Republican label with Tea Party support!

You see, just like that ding dong in New England, they were never really republicans, they were Liberal/progressives in Republican garb!

And I think that the Republicans stand a very good chance to get a strong majority in the HoR, and maybe, just maybe a small majority in the Senate!

We will soon see!

And, since you seemed to distinguish the intelligence of Republican voters versus Democrat voters, then maybe you will enjoy this little video taken at the Progressive march on D.C.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/stewartcolbert-rally-goers-obama-is-not-a-keynesian-hes-an-american/

John Maynard Keynes would be turning over if he could?

Edited by opuslola - 02-Nov-2010 at 18:05
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 23:49

If you noticed the number of so called Republicans who refused to follow their so called party and decided to make a pact with the Democrats in an attempt to elect Democrats rather than any one using the Republican label with Tea Party support!

Because those Republicans understood the danger of the radical right, which is the Tea Party. Republicans came out several times warning of the danger of the Tea Party and its radicalism, and how its taking over the Republican party.

The radical right has now taken over the right...seems familiar doesnt it?

And I think that the Republicans stand a very good chance to get a strong majority in the HoR, and maybe, just maybe a small majority in the Senate!

Got HoR as expected, Democrats still hold the Senate.

There may yet still be hope for this country.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2010 at 12:58
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

I'm sorry, I shouldve been more clear, i meant right wing radicals (such as Tea Partiers/Becker's, those who hate immigrants, minorities, muslims, homosexuals, religious fundamentalists, etc...) are in the minority. I have known for a long time that ignorant people are by far the majority in this nation (and this spans both sides of the political spectrum, although one side more than the other) and these people swing left and right so much...they voted in Obama in a land slide victory, and now they will most likely give the Republicans a majority in the House by a slim margin.I'm not delusional, I'm pretty sure that the American people will hammer the last nail into the coffin today, unfortunately.

I'm sorry, I shouldve been more clear, i meant right wing radicals (such as Tea Partiers/Becker's, those who hate immigrants, minorities, muslims, homosexuals, religious fundamentalists, etc...) are in the minority.

I agree they are in the minority but anyone who supports the Tea Party or opposes the Jihadist agenda are hateful and racist to people such as yourself. From my perspective anyone who supports Marxism is a radical left-winger. If the Tea Party is racist then prove it and claim your $100,000 reward. So far, no one can so that offer is ongoing!

When it comes to immigrants the only immigrants these people oppose begin with an adjective "illegal." We are a sovereign nation and we have the right to say who comes in a who does not.

Alan Keyes, a black man, is a great supporter of the Tea Party but you don't count people like him since blacks are supposed to toe the line and support the Democratic Party.

I told you there would be a major win by the conservatives this Nov. but you would not listen. The Rhino Republicans are on probation and if they don't behave you will see the rise of the Tea Party as a legate conservative party. Your wose nightmare will become reality!

I still don't like the title of this which should be why are some Muslims dangerous, most are not.

Edited by eaglecap - 08-Nov-2010 at 13:07
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2010 at 13:24
Our history books do not stress that the Romanized Franks spread Christianity with the sword and created the Holy Roman Empire when the Center of Rome was too weak to hold control. Genghis Khan told his people to never settled down and never choose one religion over the other, because the Muslims and Christians were constantly fighting each other. In general our history books give us a sanitized and Christian controlled account of history.   I was blown away when I began communicating with Muslims and learned Israel is the middle of Palestine, breaking Palestine up into many reservations located on the worst land and controls transportation between these reservations. Not so different from the Indo-Euro conquest of the Americas. If Muslims feel like they are on the defensive and loosing ground, may be there is some justication for this?

Yes, I agree a lot of barbaric things have been done in the name of Christ (mainly the Roman Catholic Church) and in general a lot of evil things have been done by humans whether it was under the banner of some religion or political. The difference being that Christians, who have done evil, cannot say they have followed the examples of Christ. Whereas, Muslims can say they follow the examples of Muhammad found in the Qur'an, the Hadith and the Sunna. This does not mean that many Muslims are peaceful today and are either ignorant of what their Orthodox beliefs really teach or they choose to ignore them in much the same way a liberal Christian does not take the Bible literally.

On the most part Christianity has reformed but I don't see this in Islam like we have seen say with the Roman Catholic Church. There are some movements in Islam to reform the religion but they are a minority. One I have mentioned before is: www.muslimsagainstsharialaw.com

Try and pick up, on DVD, a series about the Crusades by Dr Madden. i will put the title up later.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2010 at 13:41
Protestants were as barbaric as Catholics. It is Christianity as a whole that had a problem. The advent of secular republic finished all that as it removed the levers of political power from all these sects and denominations. 
The problem with many posts is that they represent Muslims as a monolithic religion. The dangerous sect in the Muslim world are Wahhabis. They need to be contained. I don't think Sufis ever represented a menace.
The big civilizational struggle is not between religions, it is between rural, small town areas and urbanized ones. It just happens that these backward areas are also most religiously fanatical and are easiest stirred into jihad or crusade. This is even visible in US society. 
One has to keep in mind that there is no single Muslim country that was not messed up by Westerners and Western countries bear some responsibility here. We keep forgetting that US created Osama by channeling funds for fight agains Soviets through Al-Qaeda. 
Iran would be much less hostile if we did not mess with it in 1953. History is like Physics, all actions create reactions.
"Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul."
Mark Twain
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2010 at 14:14
Originally posted by cavalry4ever

Protestants were as barbaric as Catholics. It is Christianity as a whole that had a problem. The advent of secular republic finished all that as it removed the levers of political power from all these sects and denominations. 
The problem with many posts is that they represent Muslims as a monolithic religion. The dangerous sect in the Muslim world are Wahhabis. They need to be contained. I don't think Sufis ever represented a menace.
The big civilizational struggle is not between religions, it is between rural, small town areas and urbanized ones. It just happens that these backward areas are also most religiously fanatical and are easiest stirred into jihad or crusade. This is even visible in US society. 
One has to keep in mind that there is no single Muslim country that was not messed up by Westerners and Western countries bear some responsibility here. We keep forgetting that US created Osama by channeling funds for fight agains Soviets through Al-Qaeda. 
Iran would be much less hostile if we did not mess with it in 1953. History is like Physics, all actions create reactions.

Right you are and I never said the Protestants were not guilty of evil but being older I believe the Catholics have done more damage to the faith. Both faiths have reformed and while they are still human I don't see the violence, in them, that you find in Orthodox Islam. I agree the uneducated are more likely to become manipulated into violent acts but the Crusades were in reaction to Christian lands being conquered by the armies of Islam. It does not mean the crusaders did not do evil in the name of their faith. I think under the Ottoman rule you will find Islam did more than its share of messing up, 130 years of colonial rule vs. 1300 years of Islamic domination of Christian lands. (see) The Decline of Hellenism in Asia Minor by spero Vyronis or the Legacy of Jihad by Dr. Bostom

Yes, the US government does a lot of things most Americans don't agree with. It seems like an old Byzantine tactic of playing one enemy against another. The enemy of my enemy is my friend or briefly. I agree there are always consequences in all the choses we make in history, good or bad. My hope is Islam will reform but the Jihadist don't agree with that.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2010 at 16:34
Again I would suggest that we all have a laugh while watching this?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/stewartcolbert-rally-goers-obama-is-not-a-keynesian-hes-an-american/

Stupidity knows no boundaries!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>