Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAfrocentric Attack?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afrocentric Attack?
    Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 00:21
Originally posted by Surmount

Listen everybody

I am not Afrocentric or anything

But it just seems like some people enjoy ganging up on African issues instead of showing evedince that disproves something, people just ridicule the issue.

Okay everyone.  This thread has about outgrown its usefulness too.  Please, tell me, why it should be kept open?  No, that was not a rhetorical question.

Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 00:27
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Okay everyone.  This thread has about outgrown its usefulness too.  Please, tell me, why it should be kept open?  No, that was not a rhetorical question.

Can't really see it going anywhere productive; if we are going to open a thread on Afrocentrism, we should probably give it a title that doesn't presuppose that there is an "attack." Personally, I think Afrocentrism is ridiculous, and feel that many "Afrocentric" positions and arguments are poorly constructed and generally unsupported. Still, if we are to give the whole school of thought a fair hearing, we should do it in a thread that doesn't already characterize it as some kind of disease.

-Akolouthos

Edited by Akolouthos - 24-Aug-2007 at 00:30
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 00:35
Personally i am not Afrocentric

But i think people who are Afrocentric just look at history from a different perspective than the European perspective. And a lot of them do have solid evidence to support a lot of their claims. And it is not just people of African descent who make these claims. There are many Caucasian and other people from different ethnicities who have provided evidence of ancient African contributions

But this should be closed because it just builds up animosity in some people and your not gaining that much knowledge. This is mostly petty arguments.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 00:37
I think most people here at AE, mods included, have had about enough of Afrocentrism, endless arguments about African race/ethnicity, and the like.  It would be best to stop it short before people begin to get tired of African history, period.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234