Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who should we let join the EU?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Poll Question: Who should we let join the EU?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
124 [75.61%]
9 [5.49%]
14 [8.54%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [3.05%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [1.22%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
10 [6.10%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who should we let join the EU?
    Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 05:46

Originally posted by Kubrat

Does it matter how the name is spelled?  Is it Hellas, Grcka, Gurcia, or Greece?  Is it Balgarija, Bugarska, or Bulgaria?  Turkey, Turchia, Turcia, or Turkiye?  TheDiplomat said that he acknowledged your freedom of speech, don't forget to acknowledge his.

Friend Kubrat,after getting responded in his each assumption about why Turkiye should not be in Europe,this funny kid must have thought he could mock at least with our country's english name....And i wanted to give this boy a  little historical lesson.Thats all

what do you think about Turkiye's membership?i actually would value your opinion very much in this context.

Originally posted by Kubrat

Is it Balgarija,Bulgarska or Bulgaria?

It is Bulgaristan

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 06:07
Woah..i  clicked my uni's web-site and learned that My university is a member of EUA-European University Association now...my university is quite a new one if we think it was establish in 1997.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2004 at 04:28
Turkey EU entry as big as 'D-Day'
Joschka Fischer
Joschka Fischer said Turkey was "heavyweight"
German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer has said Turkish entry to the European Union would be as important for Europe as the D-Day invasion 60 years ago.

Romano Nero View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Romano Nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2004 at 05:15
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer has said Turkish entry to the European Union would be as important for Europe as the D-Day invasion 60 years ago.

TheDiplomat, you are one major spammer my man

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2004 at 13:48
Canada can't be more european than Ukraina because the Ukraina is 100% europe.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 04:52
It will be important?Now that's really a joke!The thing that will be important from it's entry is the problems that it will cause.It's different to have a minority of Turks from having a whole state inside the E.U.A state with a terrible economic situation,a state that thinks how can save money for more weapons,a state with a corruption four times bigger than Greece,a state where the slavers exploit their fellow Asians sending them to Greece and the rest of Europe.But the important thing is a state servant to the USA.A state that threatens a European country everyday.Of course Fischer does not know all that or he just plays the duck as E.U knows to play it well.The eastern European countries of course do not have any problem because they simply want to show America that can be good pets in NATO.As for Britain the usual story:What America says is the law. 
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 04:55
Why don't we put Egypt,Jordan,Syria inside E.U?They are as Europeans as Turkey is! 
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 07:12

A better question might be whether we should evaluate the admission to EU based upon cultures, political reasons, or geographical condition.

Turkey is geographically located in western Europe. It is also EU's interest to expand to the East for political reasons.

But Turkey is however culturally less European than some nations such as Canada, Australia, Russia.

Edited by coolstorm
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 11:25
Originally posted by coolstorm

Turkey is geographically located in western Europe.

I must buy new maps, these which i have seems to be wrong.

Originally posted by coolstorm

But Turkey is however culturally less European than some nations such as Canada, Australia, Russia.

Canada, Australia and Russia, all are the same

"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 20:54
I think everyone should be allowed to join the EU, and it's name should be changed to the "Everyone Union".
Member of IAEA
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 06:22
It couldn't exist an "Everyone Union" so easily because there are many political,econimical,cultural,social differences between Europe and the rest of the world(mainly Asia and Africa).You're wrong coolstorm.Turkey is in Asia and only a small part,a really small part is in the Balkans.Another mistake you've done is that you said "less European".My friend,Turkey is not European at all!I do not think tha E.U would like to expand in an unstable area(Iran,Iraq,Syria,Kurdistan) where there is no sign of economic prosperity and with the constant danger to get involved in a bloody war with a great political,economical cost and with a great cost in lives. 
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 12:32

Originally posted by Spartakus

Of course Fischer does not know all that  

Yeah...The German Foreign minister does not know.But you must know it for sure..Because you are a Greek!

Oh,god..how can this pan-hellenist approach accomplish making people themselves so laughable?.

Why don't we put Egypt,Jordan,Syria inside E.U?They are as Europeans as Turkey is! 

Really?i will not even attemp to argue on that if you put all under the same category....

Oh boy you made my day great!

Edited by TheDiplomat

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 14:26

It's your category my friend.And you know sth?I've made you a favor because you're not even Arabs.We are neighbors so of course we know what kind of people you are.Do not be pathetic talking about Hellenism,because it's the only thing your miserable country showed in the Eurovision contest as "Turkey's touristic places".

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 14:32

I've made you a favor because you're not even Arabs.

we know what kind of people you are.

-sigh-

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 14:35

Originally posted by Temujin

Buddy,i guess stybiorn evaluates it in terms os standart of living.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 14:41
Yeah,-sigh-.You do not have any arguments,do you?
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2004 at 11:36

why all the greeks in all empires are so fascist?

Anatolia now belongs to Turkey and those places are our touristic places.

Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2004 at 14:03
But do not forget none of the tourist places were created by Turks. There is no pan-hellenism in these postings, I guess its just a common thought that Turkey does not belong in the E.U. IF they did Greece would greatly benefit and it would help our country economically, but you see, the line must be drawn somewhere, and this is where we think it should.

Edited by Christscrusader
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2004 at 14:40
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Originally posted by Temujin

Buddy,i guess stybiorn evaluates it in terms os standart of living.

No, but in cultural/political terms.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2004 at 01:22
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

why all the greeks in all empires are so fascist?

Watch your language if you want us to get along!

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>