Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

was it possible Dinosaur lived in the human age?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: was it possible Dinosaur lived in the human age?
    Posted: 08-Jan-2009 at 22:17
Originally posted by Sparten

Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago, humans evolved about 2 million years ago. There are plenty of animals which are scary, enough to be dragons, there is that lizard in Sumatra, an spitting snake in Africa, alligators etc.

I tend to agree with you but is it possible that some remnant population survived in man's history; such as in the Amazon. I am not sure this this so-called ancient art is real or forgeries.

reality or just propaganda - ???

http://s8int.com/dinolit1.html
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Truthisnotrelitive View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Truthisnotrelitive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2009 at 03:37
if you claim that dinosaurs co-exsisted with humans, you find youself immediatly butting heads with scientific geo/bio-dating methods. now it's old news that carbon dating is retarded and doesn't work, howerver there are other methods of dating fosssils. i've yet to see one that works within the confines of the scientific method.
a man sees as he wishes
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2009 at 15:38
Originally posted by Knights

Well I have every confidence that 'dragon-like' creatures and other dinosaur fossils would have been excavated by the ancients during construction. Whether they put the pieces together is a mystery, but is certainly interesting to ponder on.

One who has pondered over this matter is classical scholar Adrienne Mayor who has written two books about this subject:

"The First Fossil Hunters (2000)

Mayor's first book investigated discoveries and interpretations of dinosaur and other large vertebrate fossils in classical antiquity, and presented her now-widely accepted theory that ancient observations of the fossilized remains of dinosaurs and other extinct species influenced belief some mythic creatures, such as the griffin and the Monster of Troy. This book is the basis for the popular History Channel show "Ancient Monster Hunters."

Other highlights include:

Greek and Roman discoveries of the huge fossils of woolly rhinoceros and other extinct megafauna remains were interpreted as relics of mythic giants, larger-than-life heroes, and monsters in classical times.

In Central Asia, exquisitely preserved Protoceratops dinosaur skeletons, discovered by ancient Scythian nomads searching for gold, influenced the ancient image and folklore about the fabulous gold-guarding griffin."

"Fossil Legends of the First Americans (2005)

Mayor's book gathers Native American accounts of discoveries of dinosaur and other fossils and oral traditions about their meaning, from pre-Columbian times to the present. It has been featured in History Channel MonsterQuest videos. Highlights include:

-Inca and Aztec ideas about mammoth, giant sloth, and other large fossils

-Traditions from numerous Native American cultures, including Iroquois, Lenape, Sioux, Blackfeet, Pawnee, Navajo, Apache, Zuni, Crow, Cheyenne, and many others, about a wide range of fossils, from stone shells and petrified wood to the skeletons of giant bears, mammoths, dinosaurs, and marine and flying reptiles."

These quotes are from the Wiki article about Adrienne Mayor:

Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2009 at 14:28
Originally posted by eaglecap

I tend to agree with you but is it possible that some remnant population survived in man's history; such as in the Amazon. I am not sure this this so-called ancient art is real or forgeries.

reality or just propaganda - ???

http://s8int.com/dinolit1.html
I don't know about all of them, but the last ones just cannot be inspired by the real thing, as they are anatomically wrong, and look the way the old and terribly wrong reconstructions were made, in the early twentieth century.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123