Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What about the Hindu past of Pakistan, Afganisthan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What about the Hindu past of Pakistan, Afganisthan
    Posted: 08-Aug-2007 at 22:08
The Sammas were a completely muslim dynasty, although your right in that they kept Hindu names.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 15:05

**** Double Post ****

Edited by Gharanai - 09-Aug-2007 at 15:06

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 15:05
Well the Samma is a Baloch tribe settled in Balochistan and Sindh of today's Pakistan.
The current Chief Minister of Balouchistan Jam Yousuf comes from this family and as Omar al Hashim said they were completely muslims but still with their old names.

Tradition and Religion are two different things, I mean you have to implement and practice your religion beside not forgeting your tradition.
My own name is not a Islamic name while I am a Muslim but I have tradition of my own (which is older then the history of Islam).

So it's possible to keep your tradition in place while practing your religion, a good example of it could be the weddings in Pakistan.
They follow the entire Indian tradition + the Neka (rule of Islam), I guess it's a good thing that they still have their tradition with them while implementing Islamic rules.

M. Nachiappan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2007 at 07:27
Do these "Sammas" have anything to do with "Sramanas"?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123