Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Middle East Borders !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Corlanx View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Middle East Borders !
    Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 23:42
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

Does your Christian religion order to kill and give pain to other people? I do not know it.

LOL You really doesen't read Bible . . . There is a lot of incitements to territorial aggression there . . .

But I know that our Muslim religion orders to defend our countries and it is called Jihad. If you try to realize this stupid map,  you will come and face Jihad.

Ooooooh . . .  you scared me awfuly! (I've already ... the pantsEmbarrassed)
Now serious, Mr. T. you have to realize that the toys your army posses, are from those that you're menacing with jihad . . . Not exactly a brilliant idea: Sadam did it too. Turkey better reform the state as its people are deserving it, and thanks god (or alah if you prefer) as many times you can that bolshevic russia existed, the cold war was "fought" and that turkey was the lucky guy in all this stupid game. Never forget who you are and what you really can (it's always better than letting the reality reminding you!).

I would like to remind you that Jihad means to defend Islam and Muslim countries. In jihad , it is ordered by God that the treaters must be killed as well. So , Kurds applauding imperialistic west becomes objects of this rules as they turninto  treators of Islam. THIS CRUSADE  WILL FAIL TOO. YOU WİLL NOT ACHIEVE AND SUCCEED IN IT.

That's hysteria in my opinion . . . No one in west or est want your barren stones of anatolia, with their crowded and uneducated villages . .  . If you want to destroy a country, give it a crowded rural area, and they're done for a half a century or so! The idea is to let kurds have their own way of life in a civilized country Turkey deserves being . . .
Besides, this map done by somone in U.S. is not the U.S. policy in middle east; and I can bet it never will be.

Edited by Corlanx - 28-Jul-2006 at 23:50
We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly. - Bill Maher
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 00:20
As Azimuth suggested the main point of this map is to weaken the countries taken into consideration following the good old idea that dividing is ruling.

Also most of you should stop to call the American morrons or stupid because it is not kind... to your self (well to ourselves). If we are dominated by morrons what are we super morrons? Well, must be.

No this map is truly interesting. Not that much for what it proposes that is no doubt mainly diplomatical but for what it says of the power itself and the American power in particular.

The French, the English and all a bunch of people have already drawn a brant new Middle East out of the blue in 1918... uhm didn't work quite well. Ironically, I think the only two nations whose borders didn't move since are Iran and Irak.

The lesson of this is whenever you have a suprem power you overuse it until pretty much is against you and you're outnumbered. I'm conserned about the American government slowly declaring war to most of the nation on the globe, because, I my selfish opinion if I could pick which superpower I want I'd choose the US (just thinking of any other option is quite scary).

Finally, it is very interesting that in a period when most of the developped countries are slowly starting to abandon the idea of the nation state, the only answer the US military are able to provide to the trickyest area in the world is precisely the nation state.

Usually people are concerned about their army fighting the next war with the weaponnery of the previous one. This time the American are trying to fight their way through peace with politics outdated for 90 years.

M.
I am a free donkey!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 04:12
you could say the us should give back the south west to the latinos thats BS man. The turks won't give an inch and all the political pressure will do jack. If a war brakes out turkey only will gain more land north iraq(were turkmens lived and used to live). America took out saddam but you see a power vaccume is created.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 10:06
Originally posted by Corlanx

The real solution, unfortunately for all the losers of history (kurds), is that the turkish state become a real democratic state, where the kurds has their place; that is their self-governing body, their language established, and their rights as members of a federal turkish state.

It seems you are clueless about Turkey's social composition.

Turkey is rather homogeneous.

I'm tired of mentioning this; but Istanbul has more Kurds than Diyarbakir.

So a federal state is impossible, never mind seperation.

And we had two Kurdish presidents with different ideologies.

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 11:28
The kurds in istabnbul an other big cities like it to much there they wont go back
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 12:28
Originally posted by xi_tujue

The kurds in istabnbul an other big cities like it to much there they wont go back

From my point of view, the real problem is the region Kurds are living. They are poor. No jobs, nothing to do for young people except immigrating to big cities. I hope you guys can solve this problem first. The region needs real investments.

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 12:42
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

Does your Christian religion order to kill and give pain to other people?I do not know it.

You must be joking.

Edited by edgewaters - 29-Jul-2006 at 12:43
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 12:51
these problems do not only affect the kurds but also the tutks living in that region the region is just underdevoleptnot just the kurds like ardahan and kars are any better and in that region don't live kurds an no not other minoreties,

scorpius a realy agree with you but you need to chance the aditued of teh kurds they need to trust the goverment, The ataturk dam was build for the "kurds" for irrigation of fields in the dry region the loclssay thats just another mean to control the waterflow so to control us,

but turkey needs to invest in the east,
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 13:37
Well if Turkey had opened its borders it wouldnt have had an underdeveloped east in the first place; so dont make it sound like people there are lazy, its entirely the government's fault...

Edited by mamikon - 29-Jul-2006 at 13:38
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 14:02

Originally posted by mamikon

Well if Turkey had opened its borders it wouldnt have had an underdeveloped east in the first place; so dont make it sound like people there are lazy, its entirely the government's fault...

I do not agree with you mamikon. Reducing the problem to a single point and blaming the government only for everything is just not good enough.

There are many variables in that region that needs to be touched.

The region needs private investments not only government. But I see a problem here, making an investment in that region is very risky. It is not attractive for an investor.

I bet insurance companies are not willing to offer attractive policies for the companies that want to invest there?

How about government offers low interest credits for companies that want to invest there and also forcing ( I don't know how ) insurance companies for offering reasonable deals for companies that are planning to establish businesses in that region.

And there is also the issue of terrorism fed by uneducated, unemployed people who has no hope and thus easy to deceive.

Are there enough High Schools?

How many Universities are in that region?

What is the quality of the education?

Is there a law in Turkey that forces its citizens to attend high school at least?

If yes, how is the law enforcement on this issue?

Is there an effective student loan system for those who cannot afford to get decent education?

The most dangerous people on Earth are the ones who have no dreams, and so no hope.

Edited by Scorpius - 29-Jul-2006 at 14:09
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 15:24
Originally posted by Scorpius

From my point of view, the real problem is the region Kurds are living. They are poor. No jobs, nothing to do for young people except immigrating to big cities. I hope you guys can solve this problem first. The region needs real investments.

Exactly. You are right.

And we need to abandon our free market policy to do what you suggest.

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 16:04

I do not agree with you mamikon. Reducing the problem to a single point and blaming the government only for everything is just not good enough.

There are many variables in that region that needs to be touched.

The region needs private investments not only government. But I see a problem here, making an investment in that region is very risky. It is not attractive for an investor.

I bet insurance companies are not willing to offer attractive policies for the companies that want to invest there?

How about government offers low interest credits for companies that want to invest there and also forcing ( I don't know how ) insurance companies for offering reasonable deals for companies that are planning to establish businesses in that region.

And there is also the issue of terrorism fed by uneducated, unemployed people who has no hope and thus easy to deceive.

Are there enough High Schools?

How many Universities are in that region?

What is the quality of the education?

Is there a law in Turkey that forces its citizens to attend high school at least?

If yes, how is the law enforcement on this issue?

Is there an effective student loan system for those who cannot afford to get decent education?

The most dangerous people on Earth are the ones who have no dreams, and so no hope.

A sensitive and well-informed approach to subject.If you are not Turkish, I  congratulate you.

The undevelopment problem of the region is because of the feudal system over the people of that area.There are rich "aga"s(tribal leader) and strong tribes which can have millions of dollars wealth.Instead of destroying this feudal system and building a strong education system and a modern social life, our governors always got on well with the agas just before the elections to get the tribe's votes.

The only work on this subject was the reforms at Ataturk's rule period.

Ataturk have two projects named "The Rural Institues" and "The Land Reform" which would change all social and economic life in whole Turkish towns.The Rural Institues were like private schools educating the children of the region it in on lots of subjects from arts to farming.According to the Land Reform, the peasant working under the aga would get share from aga's land and the peasants would build their economic life.

But after Ataturk's death the projects were cancelledCry

Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 16:26
Originally posted by Feanor

And we need to abandon our free market policy to do what you suggest. 

Why do you need to abandon free market policy?

You are not controlling the market. It is still free.

You are not forcing anybody to do business.
What you are doing is making that region look attractive for investors (marketing).

Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 17:13
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

A sensitive and well-informed approach to subject.

Thank you. I am trying to learn more about ME.
I am well-informed. That is a good observation.
My colleague's wife works for .., better not to mention the name here Big smile , anyway she has seen almost every inch of that geograpy as an engineer. She is one of my sources.

The undevelopment problem of the region is because of the feudal system over the people of that area.There are rich "aga"s(tribal leader) and strong tribes which can have millions of dollars wealth.Instead of destroying this feudal system and building a strong education system and a modern social life, our governors always got on well with the agas just before the elections to get the tribe's votes.

Again the same old problem. Politics.

Ataturk have two projects named "The Rural Institues" and "The Land Reform" which would change all social and economic life in whole Turkish towns.The Rural Institues were like private schools educating the children of the region it in on lots of subjects from arts to farming.

According to the Land Reform, the peasant working under the aga would get share from aga's land and the peasants would build their economic life.The land owners possibly try everything in their power to prevent this.
Because the solution itself uses force .I cant blame them.

If the government and maybe the private sector provides necessary funds together for people who want to get higher education, that agas of your land can do nothing about it.

Lets try to think simple.
You want to get an education.
Can a man named aga stop you ?
No.

Then what is the problem?
I have no money to support myself. That is my problem.

More funds, resources for education I say.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 21:46
No politician has the courage to destroy that feudal system in Eastern Turkey.

Ataturk have two projects named "The Rural Institues" and "The Land Reform" which would change all social and economic life in whole Turkish towns.The Rural Institues were like private schools educating the children of the region it in on lots of subjects from arts to farming.According to the Land Reform, the peasant working under the aga would get share from aga's land and the peasants would build their economic life.

Actually the founder of the Rural Institues was Hasan Ali Yucel, minister of national education, 1940.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 22:01

I do not agree with you mamikon. Reducing the problem to a single point and blaming the government only for everything is just not good enough

The government is elected to take care of its people...so everything, ranging from the lack of irrigation to the lack of foreign investment is the fault of the government.

If it disregards about half of its territory then there is a certain need for change...the government had 80 years to help those people, and they havent...it is only the government's fault, and no one else's...

what is Turkey doing with its 2nd largest Army in NATO anyway? I bet some of those millions of dollars could be used to build railroads, give incentives to farmers...instead of buying more and more F16s..I guess this is what happens when you have the army ruling...

Edited by mamikon - 29-Jul-2006 at 22:03
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 22:22

If it disregards about half of its territory then there is a certain need for change...the government had 80 years to help those people, and they havent...it is only the government's fault, and no one else's...

what is Turkey doing with its 2nd largest Army in NATO anyway? I bet some of those millions of dollars could be used to build railroads, give incentives to farmers...instead of buying more and more F16s..I guess this is what happens when you have the army ruling...

Am I mistaken, or is that what the byzantines did too?
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 01:15

The government is elected to take care of its people...so everything, ranging from the lack of irrigation to the lack of foreign investment is the fault of the government.

I am not saying that the issue has nothing to do with the government. But you are over simplifying the problem by focusing on the government only.

BTW, How is Israel funding herself ?
Is it the government only or some unknown names investing in that geography for the love of their people; or maybe both of them?
Don't you think?

You are talking about past events that nobody has any power to change.
Can you change past?

what is Turkey doing with its 2nd largest Army in NATO anyway? I bet some of those millions (1) of dollars could be used to build railroads, give incentives to farmers...instead of buying more and more F16s..I guess this is what happens when you have the army ruling... (2)

mamikon it is not millions but billions (1).
Turkey is in top 5 warfare technology importers list along with United Kingdom and Japan. Their combined trade figure accounts for 37% of world arms imports (1999 Data according to U.S. Department of State). As for the total military spending figures, they are ranked as #13 (U.S. Department of State, 1999).

Do they need that strong army?
I really do not know. But I cannot blame them.
They are in ME. There is terrorism on east of the country, they have
problems with their neighbours, oh my God, there is a war going on in ME?

Come on mamikon, don't you see?

PS: (2).

Is army ruling in United States?
If so .. I haven't noticed.

We are ranked as #1 when it comes to military spending.
281 billion dollars spent for warfare technologies.

You may argue that we do not have problems like Turkey has; so we are free to spend whatever amount we wish. Remember that one hurricane kicked the crap out of us. People just sit and waited to die because they even could not afford a car.

Even yet people are discussing "Betrayal of the American working poor" in this section of the forum.

Having a strong army is something else and in my opinion it is a necessity.

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 04:27
Well, how Turkey needed a strong army;

Geo-political and strategical importance of the country,
Old mate GreeceLOL,
The terrorist organizations and interior threats,
The communists; USSR and Bulgaria(Black Sea had a high tension),
Iran(after 1979 it is considered as a threat for secular republic),
Saddam Hussein(the man who threated us to destroy our dams on Firat and Dicle with SCUDsConfused),
and PKK supporter Syria.

However Turkey didn't have a strong army like now before 1975.The army was dependent to USA and NATO at those times; but at 1974 with the letter of Johnson, Turkey begin to build its own defence industry.

If the government and maybe the private sector provides necessary funds together for people who want to get higher education, that agas of your land can do nothing about it.

Lets try to think simple.
You want to get an education.
Can a man named aga stop you ?
No.

Then what is the problem?
I have no money to support myself. That is my problem.

More funds, resources for education I say.

Yes, you are right again but we can't say "nothing is done about education", there are volunteers working with TVs and newspapapers and building schools with the aids of some companies.

Education is important, when we see the men with 10-20 children and waiting help from the government for all their care.

Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 08:51
Originally posted by Corlanx

Mr. Tangriberdi, sending "back" people is not a very serious solution; from which point in history you start to look for a "forth", in order to have a "back"? By this very logic, you risk being send in central asia . . . "back".
The real solution, unfortunately for all the losers of history (kurds), is that the turkish state become a real democratic state, where the kurds has their place; that is their self-governing body, their language established, and their rights as members of a federal turkish state. The same with israelis: they can't for ever keep territory that is havily populated by palestinian arabs. They have to give it back the very second arabs show they really want peace and not just distruction . . .
But I wonder why the guy drawing this bizzare map has "created" a territory for the mecca and medina, "chopping" saudi arabia. May still be rational, but I fail to see the logic now . . . 

My poor forum participant, you have no idea about what is going on in Turkey, and what the situation in Turkey is. Federalism is no way acceptable.
If Turkey had accepted federalism in the beginning when the state was founded, it was O.K . Then , it would be a little Kurdish federal state for Kurds in Turkey (Kurds were 6% when the republic was founded, and they were living in a limited area, again they were a minority among Turks).
But today it is impossibly impossible. Because Kurds have babies upto 10 or more they folded their number. Today they are 25%. But that does not enbale them to be independent from Turkey.
In their original regions. There are 20% Turkish  and 20% Arab populations. Furthermore,  2/3 of Turkish Kurds live in Turkish regions as a result of their immigrations. Think of a building that has 18 flats. 6 of 18 are probably Kurds.
We are together, we are negihbours. How can we be separated.
Federalism is impossible.
Anatolian Turkish state is a unitary national state.
And it will be so, forever. Increase in number of Kurds can never change the fact.
We can be separated, all Kurds in Turkish cities can go back. But forget about federalism.
And stop intervening internal affairs of our country.
We are independent.
Keep your limit.
We are not Iraq or Afghanistan.
You cannot dare.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>